G-Man
Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Unscripted!
- Joined
- Jan 13, 2014
- Messages
- 2,038
Rep Bank
$5,375
$5,375
User Power: 540%
I've never understood the economics of why salads cost so much at fast food joints, because I've seen the PO for produce. Bulk romaine is cheap. And you can buy bulk chicken to bake or grill for just as cheap as ground beef.
As @cmor16 said, some of it is probably just pricing at what the market will bear. A lot of it is probably spoils though. We get spoils billbacks and our product has a 15 month shelf life. I can't imagine what the spoils factor is on raw veggies.
@G-Man yes, you obviously do hate yourself. But why not build your own thing?
Something @amp0193 pointed out as well. I'd being lying if I said fear had nothing to do with it, as I've already got so much uncertainty in my life. Also, though, @Kak inspired me to think about time separation from day one. I could go make the product happen in a rented commercial kitchen right now,... I've got the money and the time to go to market, but I need to make the economics work separate from my time from the beginning. (Ops/distribution wise,... obviously product development and marketing will be yugely time-intensive).
I will find a way to make it work. It's nothing revolutionary, just a combination of improvements on existing products with a marketing slant that I've seen play extremely well in other food categories, so it can obviously be done.
I'm wondering if the solution isn't to just say screw it let's do it and quit my job to free up my time/creative capacity.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
