The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

DustinG

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 28, 2011
Loved the book. In many ways its a revised edition of TMF , but will definitely reach a new audience.

I created a poster for myself as a reminder in what was one of the biggest takeaways in the book for me.

If-it-was-easy_mockup_Wall_24x36.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For about the past month I've been afraid to move up to 225 on my squats and have been "stalling" at 215. Same with bench press, I've been "stalling" at 125 and couldn't get 135. Really I was just being a chicken about failing in front of everyone. After finishing Unscripted last night I felt really good this morning and slapped on the 45s and threw up 3 sets of 5 on 225 squats and 3 sets of 3 at 135 on bench! It was all in my mind, following my own inner SCRIPT.

Careful, visualization helped me lift big weights, but it also put me into an orthopedic surgeon's office 3 times.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Read it and listened to it twice!

To me, this is TMF on steroids. The message is more clear and more concise. MJ really takes his story telling to the next level on this one. You can tell by the quality of the writing and the production that he took great care to make sure that he created a solid valuable product. I even convinced my wife to read it and she is telling everyone about it. The financial firm that she works for may have a few less employees when they get done with the book.

This book cleared up some questions that I had lingering from TMF of which I was grateful to now have a better understanding.

Can you say legacy book?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
Finished UNSCRIPTED on Wednesday, littered Parts 3 and 4 with notes, and started going back through them. I found more than a few reminders and actionable steps in this book while reading that made me say "Oh, DUH!" I'd put the book down, make an adjustment, and then pick it back up again. Found UNSCRIPTED super helpful, and I feel like MJ released it at the right time (for me, personally). Thanks again. :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
TFM and Unscripted are the perfect toolbox and I recommend it every time I speak to young and passionate entrepreneurs.

Thank you.

Sadly, I finished the book this weekend. I didn't want it to end.

Nice to hear, my greatest fear in this book was its length, which was longer than TMF -- and that was long as well.

Both books interlace harmoniously and I can't help to think how difficult it must have been to write.

I think that is why it took me so long -- I had 2 groups to write for, the TMF reader and the reader who doesn't know WTF TMF is. Managing that balance in a manner that was optimal was, lets just say, a RPITA.

Bosch Fawstin

Bosch Fawstin, Cartoonist
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 30, 2016
America
Just finished it, and it's so rich, so packed with value, that I'm going to reread it, likely a number of times. As with TMFL, thanks for writing it. You've given this reader great hope that I will be able to achieve the kind of freedom you have, sooner than later.

Silverhog

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jul 31, 2017
Australia
TMF was amazing... but then Unscripted literally blew me the F away! I got the message, loud and clear - there is SO MUCH value packed into it, and so many jaw dropping truths that are now exposed, seared into my mind.

I always knew there was something weird about society/the way life is... something wrong about life as i knew it. I've always questioned the norms but nobody seemed to understand... ive always asked the tough questions but could never find the answers i was looking for.

'Unscripted ' was the answer i was looking for.

Unscripted has forever changed the way I look at life, and has set in stone a new meaning of life for me - the pursuit of entrepreneurship.
No turning back now. i'll take the road less travelled.

Thank you MJ, for taking the blindfold off.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My only concern at first was that it made me feel nervous due to all the negativity and "bitching" about the stuff happening around us.

Yea a concern, but ultimately I was trying to create an emotional connection, pain, with the reader. Pain motivates.

millerad

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 5, 2017
Gilbert, Arizona
Just made it through Unscripted for the 2nd time. Will be going back through it for the 3rd time soon! Love it. If there is one takeaway from the book that I learned it is to PROVIDE VALUE. If you can provide immense value to a lot of people, you will be vastly rich with value vouchers.

B_Middleton

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 22, 2014
Tampa, FL
This book is the TRUTH! I've always felt like the American Dream is a scam and much harder to achieve than it use to be. This book gave so many examples and practical advice it's undeniable. This will be a classic. Thank you for writing this MJ!!

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
I've picked up "Unscripted " and have made a commitment that I will stop purchasing business books or any more courses until I launch my first business. I'm fighting to destroy my Wantrepreneur self. I'm just tired of being a wanna be.
At some point you have to transition from analysis to action. I suffer from this too but MJ has helped to cure me with "Unscripted ". Education without action is worthless. All the best.

mjblackwood

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 4, 2016
Read it. Great stuff.
Showed it so some network marketing friends of mine and now they don't talk to me anymore. I guess they didn't like that part f the book haha. Ayway, thanks for the great book MJ. Cheers.

Siegward

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Sep 6, 2017
Italy
Read it after TMF. The first half of the book basically repeats TMF but that's good. It expands more in the second part. The last part I rushed a bit.. I'm not that wealthy yet. Fantastic book just like the first

Last edited:

Lamodastudio

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Aug 19, 2013
NJ
Just finished reading the book. This book was very motivating and great reassurance to keep my eyes on the prize , especially being surrounded by the 99% . At time the book had me LMAO!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
if anything it has giving me strength something similar to that of the bible during my testing times

It's always great to have a book like that, it kinda embodies while I wrote it. When I was young, my bible for success was Tony Robbin's Awaken The Giant Within, a book I still recommend!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
but then I accidentally ordered the Audible book "Love Unscripted " by fat fingering my phone

Ha Ha, that could be interesting ... "since when did MJ start writing about passionate lovemaking in the sunlit meadow?"

Read it after reading rave reviews on Reddit.

Wow, I didn't know that! Thanks for letting me know!

Oh.... is it worth reading Millionaire Fastlane now? Is it more or less the same? Or something different completely?

Socks and shoes are not the same. They complement each other, and while both as an individual unit can help make things better, they belong together.

Damian Pros

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Feb 8, 2016
Just finished Unscripted too!

It's worth a second read for sure, and I am planning to read it again in 6-12 months, just like I did with The Millionaire Fastlane , to better internalize the concepts.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Read the book.
But I enjoy the audio even more.
Best all around takeaway for me was the realization of how scripted our society trains us to be.
Once the eyes are opened, it would be hard to ever be the same.

The Patriot Way

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Sep 19, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I finished Unscripted last fall, and am on my second go-around at the moment. I'd try to describe my experience but I think I would run out of superlatives pretty quickly. Excellent, life-changing, paradigm-shifting, resonating, startling, etc. etc. I think I will give this "entrepreneurship" thing a try and work from my laptop on the beaches of Bali! Only kidding, of course.

Unscripted crystallized the ideas of TMF for me, and I was glad to see CENTS rebranded as CENTS - has a much better ring to it! As I read through Unscripted again, I am making an outline of the points that really hit home for me and that I felt provided the most value and day-to-day usefulness. Much of the information I had already fully bought into and was already on the same page, such as the TUNEF philosophy, my FTE, and especially the bit about how cattle (like me) are herded for economic purposes and for efficiency. However, I think I would benefit having chapter takeaways and certain bulleted lists (such as the 13 ways to find needs) on paper so that I can wake up and take 10 minutes every single day to get this stuff into my brain and establish the proper mindset before I head out into the world. If this interests anyone, would be glad to provide my word doc after I'm finished. I will likely do the same for TMF.

Fantastic work. Thank you MJ! Hope to do you proud and prove that I am not just another driveby action-faker or wantrepreneur.

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think the message being conveyed is at times compelling, just presented in a way that seems a little extremist

Unfortunately the truth has become extremist. Nothing I said was extreme, other than facts that people would rather keep under the shroud of ignorance.

Great book and my favourite author.

Thanks!

Even better than MFL!

Thank you!

if you read this anyway:

The book is too U.S. based

Sorry but I had to write for my majority audience but the general concepts apply to any industrialized civilization.

Majority are scared to face the truth.

Yup, many folks are perfectly fine with wilful slavery, just as long as they get their Netflix and their weekend.

If my English level is not very good then I will understand the book?

Not sure on this.

For my opinion it's better than millionnaire fastlane

Thank you!

Read Unscripted 4 times now

Damn!

I still clearly remember and use is "the value attribution system"

Yes, IMO that section (and the luck section) is worth 100X the cost of the book.

NLRDesign

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 25, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
I actually read Unscripted first based on some Audible reviews and am currently finishing The Millionaire Fastlane . This book was such a wake up call and parts of it keep hitting me over the head as I continue to think about the what I read. All this time I thought I was just taking my own, chaotic path to the "dream." I am realizing I was just sucked into the "script" along with everyone else. I feel like someone just took the blindfold off. I feel I am finally seeing clearly now and can start acting on ideas I have been contemplating for years. Thanks, MJ.

M.A.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Apr 2, 2018
Holland
One of the best books on business. I've learned more from this one book than from 3 years of college. MJ tells the reality on how to really build a business from experience. College professors tell their reality which is based on books instead of real world experience. If only Unscripted was required reading for everyone reaching adulthood...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.