The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Pity you didn't read it this time...

I actually tried to read it but then realized by the time I finished it would be 2019. My voice couldn't take it. It was time to outsource and free up that time into more productive activities.

Roberto Zanon

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Dec 8, 2014
Athens, Greece
I've read The Millionaire Fastlane on October 2014 and it changed my mind for ever. Literally shaped my brain pathways.

I finished Unscripted a couple weeks ago, and all I have to say is, that it may be even better than the Millionaire Fastlane (if that's even possible).

Hugely appreciate it MJ.

Please keep it up.

PS. I attach one of my favorite passages:

IMG_4543.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest06196

First time heard about the incoming book in Feb 2017. Alright. I've listened to TMF twice. TMF is already a masterpiece. There is no other book in this field that can impress me. Hey, is this book going to be like the endless sequels that follow a best seller? I'm not sure I can trust the positive reviews on Amazon. I admire MJ so even if the second book were a flop I'd still give him a good rating anyway.

..............................................................................................

In UNSCRIPTED , MJ seems to be telling me what mistakes I've been making so far this year. And s*** how did he find out I'm only chasing money and wanting to find what hot products other users on this forum are selling? At least I didn't ask these questions directly alright. I only wait for other people to ask. That makes me a much nicer member. At least above average.

..............................................................................................

Wait a sec, the book seems to have a lot of answers to the questions I got after reading TMF. f*** why didn't I purchase the book with the audio version. Now I have to spend a couple more bucks without the package price but I NEED A COPY OF THIS BOOK! Bought the Kindle copy.

Chapter 35 Value Skew
Now I understand why successful entrepreneurs always have a Midas touch and I can improve my touch simply by these specific ways of thinking! I need to take a note and put it on my phone so I can commit these points to my memory.

Chapter 38 Action-faking
MJ is spot on again. I have tried so hard since reading TMF. I had to get up at 4 in the morning just to squeeze a few best hours before I sell my time to a 9-5 job. I didn't realize I've been action-faking. Bought and watched so many lessons on Udemy. Bought and finished a lot more books on Amazon & Audible after TMF. They are all good books dealing with practical issues like sales but I haven't had the chance to use the skills. I don't even have a product to do cold calling yet I've read about 10 books in sales. WTH?

Paper copy was purchased after buying audiobook and the kindle book. As a booklover I've purchased around 1,000 books over the years. Due to constant moving (next move in 1 month's), I've been through cycles of buying, recycling, or donating all these books. Imagine the struggle for a booklover, not to mention most of them are imported either from the US or the UK. Finally I vowed not to purchase any paper book again and achieved paper-book-free nirvana. But there is so much to learn from this book and a paper copy, with all the texts staying in the same position, aides memory. Seriously MJ's wisdom is condensed in this book and I have to break my vow, just like priests and nuns sometimes do anyway.

MJ says he has a six-pack now. OK I'll increase my daily sit-ups to 100. (Executed and ongoing.)
MJ mentioned an annual summit for the forum? I need to find out more. (Found an announcement by MJ. My best wishes to his health. I want to thank him face to face once I've got my successful fastlane so please take care.)
MJ says he did a podcast with Pat Flynn. I need to download and listen to it. (Executed. MP3 file stored in my encripted online vault.)

As the title puts it perfectly: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship, this book is for entrepreneurs. UNSCRIPTED is your Army Special Forces Guide in the Desert of Desertion, the next best thing to having MJ in person with you.

I don't know if MJ will understand how much I appreciate his books and this forum. The knowledge saves me a lot of time and provides tons of guidance. For the first time I'm more confident than ever, thanks to MJ!

WIN_20170823_08_40_13_Pro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ says he has a six-pack now.

Ha Ha, uh, no. There was a time during my early writing journey (it was nearly 3 years ago) that I did have one. Things in the realm of health and energy haven't been well in the last few years and as such, that claim to fame is gone, although I do believe, reclaimable.

MrRau

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 25, 2017
Allentown PA
Holy pants!! Reading Unscripted was like being in a full on cage match, from start to finish MJ drops the truth bombs and if your open to it these truths glue your eyes open.

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
I have read "Unscripted : Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness". It's entire 54 chapters on Audible 17 hours 33 minutes 29 seconds at 1.15X speed.

I love, love, LOVE this book.

It is a BRILLIANTLY written book with the POWER to change your life. It certainly has begun to change mine and NO MJ did NOT pay me to write this note. What the book has done for me is remove the mystery of the "Unscripted " life that MJ lives. We all see "successful" people in society, but we really have NO idea how they live their lives or conduct their business. This mystery is daunting, at least for me, but it is a fear that I believe has held me back.

MJ pummels you with the truth about what it takes to live the "unscripted " life or the FU life in this book. I say "pummel" because if you have been BS'ing yourself in your entrepreneurial pursuit in any way, MJ will call you on it and lay you flat on your back with the truth.

MJ lays out the societal brainwashing we have all been subjected to since birth "the script" and then destroys it. Not only does he destroy it but then he shows you the alternative "Unscripted " life he lives and you could too.

Currently the most valuable part, to me, of the book is the concept and description of "The money machine". Now that I understand what it is and it's power I am blown away. Your book has helped me to get a much clearer focus on WHAT the objective is and how to get to the FU moment.

The Millionaire Fastlane stands on it's own and so does Unscripted but I actually now think that reading Unscripted first and then reading TMF may be a better route.

Now I have to read TMF again to see what I missed.

Mr. Demarco I am amazed at the level insight and value your second book brings to the market. It is an epic read worthy of deep study and consideration. I will be reading it again but in text "paper" the next time so I can highlight and note all the deep insights. I may also buy the Kindle version just so I can always have it on my phone.

I can not thank you enough for the MIND expansion, the insights and the shift this book has created in my life.

Blown away!

All the best
R.L.

P.S. Do MJ a solid and give him an honest review on Amazon like I did. He added value to your life take five minutes to return the favor.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Finally got around to reading UNSCRIPTED .
@MJ DeMarco , thank you, brother! Having been around since the RDPD forum days, you have stayed on point and on message the whole time. This book is a great culmination of your thoughts and this community.

It is long. It is worth the read. If you had removed anything, you would be cutting muscle.

From the book: "Starting a business isn't a waffle cone and a stroll on the boardwalk"

That quote is very you and very true. In the words of my kids, 'thanks for keeping it 100!!'

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
I just finished reading the Kindle version of UNSCRIPTED .

I'm glad I discovered TMF and UNSCRIPTED at such a critical point in my career and life.

Very grateful to my mentor for recommending these books...

And a million thanks to @MJ DeMarco for writing the books and hosting this supportive community.

carlissa91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
May 8, 2019
California
What a banger!
I mean that in the best way possible. I listened to Unscripted on Audible and I thoroughly enjoyed the book and the psychology behind the why of entrepreneurship. In today’s world I feel the term “entrepreneur” has been glamorized so much that the perception of success has become more important than the actual attainment of it. In particular MJ mentions distractions being used as a tool to keep people on the sidewalk and in the slow lane. I feel false starts and action faking are being mistaken as execution because the mainstream educators are instead entertaining and telling people what they want to hear, not what will make them money. Unscripted is detailed and contains so much powerful information and nuggets that if apply will be life changing. I am grateful for being able to read something so profound at this time to set the course of my sail in the directions of my dreams.

Thanks again MJ

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have read this amazing book and it changed my life forever. I am not the same person anymore.

A masterpiece. Thanks for putting it all down.

Not once, in all my years of reading self-help books, have I found a more compelling story than the one I learned in UNSCRIPTED .

Yes!!! Thank you!!!

MJ, since I picked up your book 2-3 weeks ago, I have not been able to stop talking about it. I've introduced it to my 13 and 15 year old brothers (getting them up to speed so we can form a dream team in the future), and I've also introduced it to probably a dozen other people. You're right on the money... add real value through a productocracy and the PULL of your product will make it grow exponentially. You deserve every bit of success for sharing such an empowering story, and for creating this platform for us to connect with like-minded people.

I think it is more important than TMF, but - of course - both will be my advisors for the road ahead.
And I think MJ DeMarco sold 10 more of them because of my recommendations

Thank you for spreading the message!

My initial impression when reading the book was that mj had spent too much time alone dreaming up these formulars

I'm a visual "big picture" person, so that's how it manifested into the book.

Finished unscripted and passed it onto another individual.

Thank you!

recommended a stevia sweetened drink mix. I thought I heard it as "star drinks,"

Stur Drinks

Have read this. It's the bible of entrepreneurship. Period.

That was my intent! Thank you!

Just finished the book and let me tell you... It is hands down the best book I've ever read!

Thank you!!

I don't think MJ gets enough credit for his sense of humor. Like the best comedy it's eloquent as well as illuminating and meaningful. When people say he's sarcastic or blunt I don't think they're getting the point. When things are ridiculous and a comedian turns those things into jokes (which they are) the people getting upset are those guilty of constantly doing those things. Not saying MJ's a comedian but I certainly laughed a lot at his very funny and eye-opening style of getting his points across.

Thanks, business books tend to be boring so I always try to bring in some humor.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I didn't expect it to be so much more comprehensive and provide so much more value than TMF, as TMF already was so great.

Thanks!

both 2 books are the best book i ever read.
this is one of the best books I've read to date.

Thank you!

I wish that MJ would have read the whole thing.

Wasn't possible or an option

I listened to an audiobook and I can't come to my senses. You are a person who just like that gives value to ordinary people who seek freedom, you do not pursue any selfish goals. You know what people want and give them what they really need. I am genuinely surprised by you. I was even more surprised when I saw you on the forum responding to messages. And without a doubt, it is clear that you are a truly free person like many other users here.

I have no words to describe how amazed I am of being here, this community is very unique and pleasant, as if you're with friends. It is clear that these books and this forum were created in order to HELP people and show them the right way, what is realized to 200%. I am very glad that I found you and your resources.

You're welcome.

right after The Millionaire Fastlane , this book is even better than TMF.

Agreed. TMF feels like another person wrote it.

recommended to friends and will be distributing copies to family.

Thank you, always appreciate recommends.

Funny how different periods in life can have such an influence on how a book impacts you.

Agreed, if you're not changing over time, you're not doing life right!

I've read it, like it even better than tmf

Thanks!

it blew my mind.

Blown minds are great!

TheFastlane was a good book, but Unscripted , this is amazing !!!

:)

UnScripted is a real stand alone, more accomplished and mature than the original.

Thanks, as I agree!

Holy fk-nuts MJ! This has to be the best personal biz book I've ever read!

:fistbump::thumbsup::clap::

Just finished it and its even better than TFL!!

I've read Unscripted as well. I think it's the more complete book, even though both of them complement each other quite nicely.

Agreed, thanks!

Unscripted , what a fantastic book. I'm so thankful for having discovered M. J. DeMarco's books as they are pure information on the reality to financial freedom and a fullfilling life.
It has nothing to do with the widespread wealth guru speeches where your realize they don't give the whole truth because of hidden agendas.
Here you get the raw reality, like it or not.
As for me, this book has been a huge relief as I would much rather live with those conditions than with what is sold as empty wealth and success all over social media and society.
I appreciated above all the emphasis on contributing real value, not empty fake value.
He details the fundamentals and mindset. No magical formula.
Real work is mandatory but strategic, with awareness. Mistakes are to be expected but it's integrated to the necessary learning process.
I align so well with his message but now I found the missing parts to my puzzle to reach my objectives. There are clear principles that the path we choose to follow must adhere to in order to succeed financially, and they are well described in this book. But they never exclude what is most meaningful to me, it only guides me to a better way of operating.
I recall a few years ago telling someone that I viewed people in 2 categories:
Recipients and contributors. We all have a little of each but one of these two categories is stronger and guides most of our motivations and actions.
I am strong on my desire to contribute but I started fearing I needed to put this aside to succeed financially and that only after, I could focus on contributing. I was hoping for better options so I kept searching. I also felt I was supposed to make things happen super fast feeling I was already out of time.
This book puts everything in a much better perspective and it brought peace and confidence in my approach to my goals.
It is a journey I know I can live with knowing it includes meaning and fulfillment, not just a selfish empty scam.

Thanks for the review!

I've read UNSCRIPTED and I've passionately recommended the books to at least 25 people. Awesome books.

Yes, thank you!!

If TMF is an undergraduate education on breaking out of our matrix lifestyle, then Unscripted is like a master's degree in execution of gaining true freedom.

Unscripted truly has altered my view on the world, and I inadvertently notice my colleague's slow lane attitude and brainwashing about everything. All of them are working until they absolutely can't, waiting to "cash in" on that 401K. Thank God, I found MJ's work, and this forum.

:thumbsup:

There is just one hour remained of Unscripted book. It is really one of the best books I've read about entrepreneurship.

Thank you, MJ :)

Definitely the best book on entrepreneurship I've read because of the no BS tone in the writing style.

:clap::

They should teach this in schools.

But that would stop the indoctrination and the creation of slaves, we can't have that can we?

Just finished! What an amazing book..

I literally recommended it to 3 friends and I don't usually do that.

Thanks for the recs!

Finished UNSCRIPTED . Top 3 reads of my life so far.

Nice to hear it!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
That's what I see when trying to leave a review.

Yea, I think you have to wait until next Tuesday, May 23rd and after to review. Thanks for the feedback thus far!

Under-Dog

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jan 16, 2015
So.Cal
Read the first 5 chapters... Can't wait for the audio book! I've found listening to these audio books during my commute is much better way to spend those horrible times in traffic. The only downside is I like to annotate on books to go back on

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Just finished it. Very good. I need to reread a few parts. Will be buying the audible version once it comes out.

Richie Rich

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 26, 2012
Louisville, KY
Last edited:

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.
I was so thrilled to be able to purchase an advance copy! I'm looking forward to leaving my Amazon review tomorrow!

I believe every high school graduate should get a copy of this upon graduation (or sooner!). This is one of those books that you'll see something new in every time you read it. I love MJ's no-BS, blunt style. I love the way he's able to articulate what we all know on some level but can't really express the way he can.

One of the things I really liked is when he talked about that valley between idea inception and first sale - that long, dry spell of no sales, no feedback, and no external motivation where so many people quit. I thought that was a great description of what we all face when starting a new business.

Great book, MJ! And I love the title, too.

Ajay Tutaan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 19, 2017
Philippines
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: Coming Soon.
I just ordered the Kindle version online coz I'm from the Philippines. I have started water distribution system in my city thanks to your book. I can't wait to receive unscripted .

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
Hi Guys,

I received THE BOOK to my Kindle overnight. Can't wait to read it - already started in the morning and got a bit late to work at my cotton plantation (this is what I call my 9 - 5).

I ordered a paper version for my friend who is 6000 km from me. Although he is really 'solid' when talking about his life, he has started sending me Anonymous memes so I figured - there are some cracks on his posture and at least he is looking at something. I will give it a try.

My takeaway from this read will be more relaxation. At the moment I know there are literally no excuses, if you don't work in a diamond mine somewhere in South Africa, and btw you are 5 years old and somebody is pointing a gun at you every minute... PROCESS: It took my me a few weeks to make a giant change (EVENT: the change itself took about two minutes to 'go-live') when I read TMF. I am excited to see what happens after this one.

Thanks MJ, again!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I'm something like 24% through the book. It's already excellent. I'll be posting the review when I'm done. It might take a while.

Mumtaz

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jul 15, 2016
UK
So far I've read the money making part till the end so from probably page 223 till end (I went straight for the dessert). It's crazy no one has ever given such transparent advice... I probably spent 5hours reading this part

Now I'm reading from chapter 6 till page220.. this probably take another 4hours

OliverR

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Jan 28, 2012
EU
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: Coming Soon.

The e-mail came just at the right time. Was about to look where to use my this months audible credit. Now I know to hold out until next week! Can't wait! Well done MJ!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Now I know to hold out until next week! Can't wait! Well done MJ!

The audiobook might be up sooner than next week. It's been in the "processing" queue at Audible now for almost 2 weeks.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007