The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Nily

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 27, 2016
Sydney
This is the book:

Rich_TTSpyder_02.jpg

Me after finishing it:

240_F_92850071_3kHsUyn9ZWYwNY2slamtmACxYx85VXDP.jpg

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
Finished the book! Thank you MJ, it was great.

I think the best part about it is the tangible, tactical processes outlined for actually going unscripted . I dont think I've read a book that has done that before.

Should be required reading in schools.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted14762

You did it again.

I read the Fastlane when I was 14, 5 years ago. That book changed my life - it was my first 'redpill', my first radical eye-opener. Since reading the book, I went on to question many more Scripted paradigms - and boy did I grow. Unscripted helped me formally structure and analyze my observations and the fallacies many surrounding me perpetuate. Part 4 is absolutely indispensable, on its own it exponentially returns the cost of the book - value provision in action!

I would recommend this book to all wannabe entrepreneurs, to all teenagers confused about their purpose in life, to all young men and women who are struggling to create a functional business. MJ is not a 'guru', he is a F*cking genius.

Drop the script!

pbellot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
May 27, 2017
Gulfport, Ms
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: Coming Soon.

F*ck This!, Focus, "VALUE", Profit/invest, F*ck You! TFM started me on my journey and UnScripted kicked me in the a$$! I loved every word. Since I read TFM, I've read it at the beginning of the year now for 3 years. Now I have two books to read to keep me on track. Thank you for writing these books for us future problem solvers.

SirPsychoSexy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
335%
May 25, 2017
France
I've just finished it. This reading is a brutal unplugging from the OS. Nothing more to say, except that it is definitively a 10x TMF . Mandatory read for all entrepreneurs imo, a complete system on its own. And it costed me only $9...

1stclassballer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Mar 8, 2016
Accra, Ghana
Thanks for the early release copy, MJ. I initially feared this wouldn't be as good as TMF but those fears were soon put to rest as I learned about The Script and TUNEF. This book is a well needed slap in my face. There were moments where I laughed out loud ("F*ck you" is a beautiful thing) and moments where I paused to critically think about where my life is headed. I'm probably the only person in Ghana who has read Unscripted as of now. That's going to change because I'm going to shout the gospel of Unscripted from the rooftops. Thank you MJ, I'm truly grateful for this.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
"When we find unusually high numbers of reviews for a product posted in a short period of time, we may restrict the number of non-Amazon Verified Purchase reviews on that product."

Good example how bro-marketers ruin it for the rest of us who are legitimately trying to create value.
I finished UNSCRIPTED a few days ago. And I've now read two thirds of it a second time.

I've waited til now to post about it because I just couldn't find the words to accurately express how I felt about the experience. I still can't, really. And I don't like giving fawning praise because it makes me sound like an arse-kissing twunt.

So let me post a few bullet point thoughts instead, and maybe the words will come as I write them:
  • It's really two books in one. The transition is a bit jarring, but I think it's awesome all the same. I absolutely loved the philosophical section of the book - and a part of me also loves that the world's most smug and irritating people would find it highly offensive! Pretty much sums up my view of the world, plus a few things I hadn't thought about before. And reflects it back to me in a way that "moves the soul".
  • I was expecting to find the execution part of the book - especially that covering the CENTS commandments - pretty boring, and a retread of what was already covered in TMF . That wasn't the case at all. Actually, the chapter on the Commandment of Need alone was way more than worth the price of the book. The concept of skewing value? Absolute gold. A systematic process for spotting a weakness in the market and creating something quantifiably more valuable in every single aspect. Well, there really will never be any shortage of profitable business opportunities if you take that information on board and use it.
  • Between TMF and UNSCRIPTED , you've grown hugely as a writer and as a person @MJ DeMarco. It's a much deeper book, with a more mature and reflective outlook and style. Great stuff.
  • I liked that I read it and actually understood everything that you spoke about, and how to actually take those concepts and apply them in business. Mostly, that's a reflection of my growth along the path. When I read TMF the first time, I mostly thought "this sounds awesome - what the hell do I do now?" Now I know exactly what to do. Still, UNSCRIPTED is a much more actionable book. Really everything you need to know to get started and keep going is right here.
So, most of those bullet points turned out to be full on paragraphs anyway. TL;DR: this is, hands down, *the* best book I've ever read. That might be because of its intrinsic awesomeness. That might be because it combines my two favourite things - entrepreneurship and the philosophy of freedom - and combines them into one awesome package. Probably a bit of both.

I buy everything on Kindle now. I sold most of my hardcopy books so I don't have to ship them when I move abroad in a month, or keep carting them around the world as I inevitably move around. I bought this on both Kindle and paperback. I'll be taking it wherever I go and displaying it prominently on the shelf. If not taking it off the shelf and reading a part of it every day as a potent reminder to stay on track.

Thank you so much for writing it.

Your review means a lot to me. Not just because you found it *the* best you ever read, but you found it relevant to life in the UK. I was a bit fearful that I wrote it with too much a skew toward the US (talks about the Federal Reserve, IRS, and other US based monolithic structures).

Thank you for sharing, and for letting me know I didn't strikeout with my friends across the pond.

JSM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Nov 19, 2016
Finished it yesterday and am now going back through and jotting down some notes. The book literally laid out actionable steps and I will be following through with my new business that creates value. I'm now kinda glad that my parents shut down my money chasing venture. Live and learn.
Will buy a paperback version to give to my parents to read so that they will be able to see where I'm coming from and hopefully let me start a fastlane business.
Thanks MJ!

Mckenzie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 25, 2013
I love the 9 Steps -- Event / Process Dichotomy:
  1. Intelligent Awareness
  2. Modify expectations / Realign difficulty
  3. Identify and Visualize the Change Target
  4. Apply Mathematics to the Goal
  5. Segment Goal into its Daily Action
  6. Identify Threats to the Target
  7. Identify the Right Battlefield
  8. Attack Bad habits with inconvenience / Pain
  9. Act until Echo

superstock

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 26, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Finished it a couple of days ago. It was fantastic.

I think the biggest takeaway is to stop looking for a blueprint and the 7 magical steps. You're never going to know what will be in the 'forest' unless you just go and find out yourself.

Dsilvar89

Resolute Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
May 1, 2017
New Zealand
Just finished reading - I'll have to go back and re-read from chapter 32 on wards again.

Imho I reckon this was even better than the Fastlane Millionaire.

Cheers dude @MJ DeMarco

MatteoD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jun 7, 2017
Italy
Read it. A very solid book. Maybe there are too many acronyms which can confuse you and I would love to see all the diagrams at the end of the book for convenience.
The book leave you with a path to an unscripted life, no fluff nor BS. Recommended.

windchaser

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
May 24, 2017
Spain
I have just finished Part 3 and I am loving it. I am liking even more than TMF!

I do love the style, the powerful metaphors and especially the political incorrectness, it is so refreshing, no sugarcoating just spitting the hard truth!

I realized that I have always been unscripted in many aspects of my life, unfortunately the script is more powerful than we imagine and got me trapped in the work part, but fortunately I am already taking action to correct that.

I am finding the book very inspiring and I cannot wait to keep reading!

Retloh

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
375%
Jan 31, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
READ IT!

Lots of things that have been bothering me for the last couple of years that I could pin down and you nailed them.

Work, save and invest and you'll have millions when you retire at 65. I'm 41 now and 65 doesn't seem near as far away as it did 10 years ago. Everybody that I know that worked a job their whole life and retired, didn't really retire until they were well past 65. The ones that retired at 65 or earlier started a business. It's my rich grandpa, poor grandpa story, although I didn't get much life lessons from them on how to do it myself.

And the go to college and get a better job thing is a bunch of BS. Some of the dumbest mouth breathers I've met were college grads and I know some people that barely passed high school that will run circles around them so bad it isn't funny. Not always true, but the college didn't make a difference in their success, the successful ones would be successful no matter what and vice versa.

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston
Just read Unscripted . Literally brought this book everywhere (even the bathroom) day by day. I'd wait in a line, and people would glance over my shoulder trying to figure out what I'm reading, or curious why I'm so into a book instead of the cliche pulling out a smartphone. This is going to be a long post so get your vanilla bean frap ready...

TL DR: This is the sister to TMF. MJ
nails it again!

The first few chapters really draw you in. MJ nearly paints a canvas in your head about the world as it is today. To be honest, chapters 1-8 made me feel as though I was Neo, running out the cubicle then taking the red pill from Morpheus. Every chapter, what MJ said,
and what was happening, became true.

1ee6ed72e6a53f041b45feebd437838f.jpg

This is not the book where you read it, and say "oh boy, my life is going to change now". You read, adjust, take action, and repeat. Literally, not to give spoilers but when you're reading about MP, you should really sit down and let things soak in. Chapter 28 really sparked my mind.

I strongly feel that this book needs to be conjoined with TMF to see the big picture. For example TMF goes in depth about WADM (decision making), headwinds and naysayers, but touches somewhat imo about compound interest working for you once you've built a money system. Unscripted however, goes in depth on this topic with examples, break downs of brokerages to look for, and those to avoid. However, it touches lightly on WADM, so you get the picture. If you're into anime and watched Death note, think of both books like Near (TMF) and Mello (Unscripted ). Alone they are exceptional, but together they're unstoppable.

The effect of reading this book:

This book has caused me to step on the gas so to speak. I was making a lot of mistakes (some I was completely unaware of like looking for a shortcut like the WWF players), and MJ, you kicked the senses back into me. Really felt like a big brother wrote this for me to change my life, and start now (not during a pink Wednesday in November).

Thanks MJ, and to the forum for the
outstanding threads, posts, knowledge!

Last edited:

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
I finally finished it(You made a real tome, MJ!) I love all of part 4, it's such a no-nonsense guide to building a real business! I dog-eared so much of it, I think it'll make a great reference as I move into and past my first sale and into the 'growing' portion of entrepreneurship!

WealthChaser

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 7, 2017
Indiana
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: Coming Soon.

Did the audiobook ever come out? I was looking on Amazon to purchase the audiobook and was unable to locate. I do not mind reading the paperback version, but I usually leverage my drive in to work by listening to audiobooks. Thanks in advance!

Kieran Proven

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Jan 11, 2017
Perth Australia
Hi everyone, I just got my a$$ kicked by MJ DeMarco in Unscripted .
F*ck the scripted mentality.

Bro you changed my thinking and it is changing my life.

Last edited:

Jadyndad

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Jun 1, 2017
Singapore
I had once been told that entrepreneurship is like cramping 40 yrs of slowlane work into 10 or less years. Its tough. Its demanding. It requires you to give it all. No one is obliged to teach or mentor anyone.

When I read TMF, I was enlightened by the concepts and teachings in the book. It gave me the insight I lacked and terribly needed for my journey in entrepreneurship.

Now that I read UNSCRIPTED , it has CEMENTED my resolve to be in the fastlane.

This is the last book on entrepreneurship that anyone needs. MJ has shared all that is required to make it in the fastlane with his 2 books.

MJ, thank you for your time and hard work on TMF and UNSCRIPTED . Thank you.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Just finished reading Unscripted . Actually I just finished it the second time , and it was so much more than I expected, espicially after thinking it couldn't top The Millionaire Fastlane .

First of all, absolutely love how detailed each chapter was. The Millionaire Fastlane was an excellent read too, but Unscripted really went into many details of the rabbit hole to really grasp the ideas of the unscripted entrepreneurial framework, incongruency with the beliefs and actions holding you back from breaking free, and a very detailed understanding of why breaking free from the script is going to be the most difficult and the most rewarding choice you'll ever make.

Certain things really hit me on an emotional level; which was unexpected...

Looking at the whole gumball analogy really put certain things into a correct perspective and provide a much needed courage in the dark times(for me atleast); to correct mental flaws about the seemly chaos of the scripted life, adjust with feedback, and keep turning that lever for the golden gumball of freedom.

At the end of it, this book (for me personally) was even better than The Millionaire Fastlane , and here's why:

I still remember the first time I'd read TMF and how it changed the trajectory of my life, but this was much more "real".

TMF was about how the Sidewalk and Slowlane were flawed and how the Fastlane was where true wealth is(and it's Turbocharger wealth formula).
I remember how awesome it felt to open my eyes to the truth about freedom and how simple achieving the Fastlane was going to be in a few years.

Unscripted was a very brutal reality check of how tightly society keeps you scripted even when you may not even realize it
Even knowing and throwing around the usual jargon like" i'm an entrepreneur, sidewalking, slowlaning, is this Fastlane, #redpill, #millionaire by x, CENTS, #passive-income, #rat race, etc" does not mean we're unscripted yet.

That's right, having knowledge of lifestyle anatomy is not the same as actually living lifestyle anatomy, it just means I'm "awakened" to a certain truth; but still living in the day to day grind. Action-fakes,jargon and knowledge of being a slave isn't enough and the price of freedom can really translate to years of blood, sweat, and tears; the things most people(like myself) want to sacrifice yet haven't consistently done yet.

Incredibly impactful book.
Thank you so much for writing this @MJ DeMarco , and thank you for being so brutally honest.

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
@MJ DeMarco this book is pure gold. I'm not sure how you do it, but every sentence in the book expresses wisdom that EVERYONE needs to hear. I will be recommending and gifting this book to all my loved ones. Thanks for the inspiration and tactics that you provided and continue to provide on the forum.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ was a lot funnier this time

Wow, I thought I was more laid back and more toned down. Nice to hear that I wasn't perceived that way.

Love your Audible list ... Alex Becker's Pillars of Wealth is a great read with a lot of Fastlanisms.

MJ, I think the effects of your book are going to be much larger than even you realize.

That'd be great as I hope so! A lot of people are unknowingly imprisoned by the system and they can't figure out why.

It's all an illusion...

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
I actually finished reading it a few weeks ago. But right now my girlfriend is reading it and I enjoy how she cites things which refreshes the points that were made.

It's just so much visions and content, I have to reread it probably more than TMF. But just like the latter I kept thinking "this is as step by step it can be", there is no single other book that described so close how you find an idea, test it, work it etc. The only "downside" is that it's harder to read for people who don't have English as their mother tongue, but that's why translations are for.

I enjoyed reading it so much that I consumed it. Many ideas didn't stick, hence the future rereads.

Thanks for doing this MJ, this book is going to chance thousands, if not ten or hundred thousands, of lives.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I can honestly say that after reading UNSCRIPTED I no longer feel any need to read a business mindset or strategy book for a long while.

Hooray! Mission accomplished. Every book thereafter can now be problem specific!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.