The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've finally found "perfect time" to post my intro

CvsC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
May 3, 2015
Hi, Fastlane Forum.

My name is Olga. I am 39, live in Moscow, and, honestly, I feel a little bit anxious about finally leaving the lurking side of the forum and “exposing” myself in the posting zone.

When I joined I made a deal with myself that I will write my intro when I take an action and ensure it converts in the process. Then I postponed my introduction till I have more business experience to share and contribute. Then until I earn my first FL dollar. And so on and so far.

So I’ve been reading this forum for about a year and a half by now, and a couple of weeks ago I came across Vigilante’s post “Adding Value to the Fast Lane Forum”:

“When you have been here for two years but never posted anything:

It's time to add value… If you are here for two years and you "read but don't post" --- start posting. Stop being a mooch and contribute to the discussions.”

Yes, this is me. Almost two years.

I suppose if I don’t start posting I will never know whether I can add value or not.

Who I am

If to define myself within “Fastlane-Slowlane-Sidewalk” paradigm, I would say that my material world still reflects years of sidewalking mentality.

As for the mindset – it’s more like a crazy mosaic. At first its makeup comprised nothing but Sidewalk-Slowlane components. Then I started replacing them with Fastlane elements. It wasn’t easy to take Sidewalk pieces out and instill new ones. I know if I don’t work hard on making a new element “at home” in my mind, if I don’t pump continuous efforts and attention there, if I slack just for a couple of days – it runs away and the old item jumps back. And I will have to start all over. So, I am in the process of rebuilding my mindset – piece by piece.

My Day Job

I am an analyst at a state-owned corporation.

I have love-and-hate relationships with my job. Love comes from challenging and interesting projects I am in charge of. Hate stems from enormous red-tape and other Sidewalk attributes which accompany all the activities there.

My Fastlane Journey

I chose self-publishing as my FL project.

Why?

I started writing my book before I read TMF . The book is based on my 3+ years of posting on another (non-business related) forum, where I came to seek solution for my own problem and grew into the one who helps others.

There I got the validation for my (sorry for dropping “I” word) idea.

Of course, I questioned it in terms of Fastlane - zero entry, everyone is doing it, far from meeting 5 commandments, etc.

But still I had to start somewhere.

So, I made a research on the topic in question, did writing about my own experience, and almost drove myself crazy constantly changing it, and finally I am finishing my first draft.

I also created a short free e-book and put it on Amazon as a lead magnet. I got real-world feedback and first subscribers to build the platform to launch the book.

I also approached some of my followers at the forum and asked if they would care to beta-read my book. They said they’d love to. I sent them first material and got comments.

I am also currently working on another lead magnet since I see that the first one needs a lot of improvement and I am not completely happy with it.

My work day can be anything from quiet to crazy, and the job itself is quite brain-taxating. So I get up at 5 a.m. to write and take care of other activities related to the book.

When I have some spare chunks of time at work, I sneak in my writing there. I plan the day ahead, so that my writing fits in the working schedule, even if it’s just 10 minutes. We have extremely strict computer and internet policy at work, so I write either by hand or on my smartphone using a tiny Bluetooth keyboard.

Sometimes moments of extreme doubt hit me and I ask myself: “What the hell I am doing?” I compare myself with others – their successes and achievements. I feel like I am hopelessly lagging behind. My vision shatters and I am lost.

What helps me to get back on track is re-reading “Is this Fastlane” thread. Particularly this:

“Expanding your experience, knowledge, and wisdom in a daily effort IS FASTLANE.” “Fastlane is about building your story.

Your process.

Your failures, your trials, and your errors.”

And I can sat that it is about building my story.

But what about making my first dollar?

I remembered that while I waited for my book to be approved as
perma-free at Amazon, some people actually bought it at 0.99. I did money while sleeping.

Wrapping up my introduction I would like to thank all the forum members for contributing to this place. There are many people whose posts helped me, and I will start my personal Thanks with the following members:

@MJ DeMarco – Few books have life-changing power. For me TMF is one of them. Once I read it there was no going back to old mentality. Thank you.

@SinisterLex – Your “15 days to freedom” saved my sanity when I was assigned to write a speech for the CEO. Shame it took me so long to thank you.

@Andy Black – I will split my Thanks into two parts:

- First, I always look forward to your posts – they hold some special combination of valuable advice and motivation.

- Second, thank you for interviews with the forum members.

@Fox – Thank you for the thread about your routine. I am not at one hundred push-ups yet, but I am working on it)

@ChickenHawk – Thank you for sharing your experience and being an inspiration.

…to be continued.

And Thank you, all, for reading my intro.

Olga.

P.S. Two days ago I sold my TV. I haven’t been watching TV per se for about 4 years, and antenna has been collecting dust. But new technologies still provide enough opportunities for distractions. For a year or so I’ve been thinking “I should sell it”. Thinking.

It took four days and roughly 2 hours of “concentrated action” to sell it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi, Fastlane Forum.

My name is Olga. I am 39, live in Moscow, and, honestly, I feel a little bit anxious about finally leaving the lurking side of the forum and “exposing” myself in the posting zone.

When I joined I made a deal with myself that I will write my intro when I take an action and ensure it converts in the process. Then I postponed my introduction till I have more business experience to share and contribute. Then until I earn my first FL dollar. And so on and so far.

So I’ve been reading this forum for about a year and a half by now, and a couple of weeks ago I came across Vigilante’s post “Adding Value to the Fast Lane Forum”:

“When you have been here for two years but never posted anything:

It's time to add value… If you are here for two years and you "read but don't post" --- start posting. Stop being a mooch and contribute to the discussions.”

Yes, this is me. Almost two years.

I suppose if I don’t start posting I will never know whether I can add value or not.

Who I am

If to define myself within “Fastlane-Slowlane-Sidewalk” paradigm, I would say that my material world still reflects years of sidewalking mentality.

As for the mindset – it’s more like a crazy mosaic. At first its makeup comprised nothing but Sidewalk-Slowlane components. Then I started replacing them with Fastlane elements. It wasn’t easy to take Sidewalk pieces out and instill new ones. I know if I don’t work hard on making a new element “at home” in my mind, if I don’t pump continuous efforts and attention there, if I slack just for a couple of days – it runs away and the old item jumps back. And I will have to start all over. So, I am in the process of rebuilding my mindset – piece by piece.

My Day Job

I am an analyst at a state-owned corporation.

I have love-and-hate relationships with my job. Love comes from challenging and interesting projects I am in charge of. Hate stems from enormous red-tape and other Sidewalk attributes which accompany all the activities there.

My Fastlane Journey

I chose self-publishing as my FL project.

Why?

I started writing my book before I read TMF . The book is based on my 3+ years of posting on another (non-business related) forum, where I came to seek solution for my own problem and grew into the one who helps others.

There I got the validation for my (sorry for dropping “I” word) idea.

Of course, I questioned it in terms of Fastlane - zero entry, everyone is doing it, far from meeting 5 commandments, etc.

So, I made a research on the topic in question, did writing about my own experience, and almost drove myself crazy constantly changing it, and finally I am finishing my first draft.

I also created a short free e-book and put it on Amazon as a lead magnet. I got real-world feedback and first subscribers to build the platform to launch the book.

I also approached some of my followers at the forum and asked if they would care to beta-read my book. They said they’d love to. I sent them first material and got comments.

I am also currently working on another lead magnet since I see that the first one needs a lot of improvement and I am not completely happy with it.

My work day can be anything from quiet to crazy, and the job itself is quite brain-taxating. So I get up at 5 a.m. to write and take care of other activities related to the book.

When I have some spare chunks of time at work, I sneak in my writing there. I plan the day ahead, so that my writing fits in the working schedule, even if it’s just 10 minutes. We have extremely strict computer and internet policy at work, so I write either by hand or on my smartphone using a tiny Bluetooth keyboard.

Sometimes moments of extreme doubt hit me and I ask myself: “What the hell I am doing?” I compare myself with others – their successes and achievements. I feel like I am hopelessly lagging behind. My vision shatters and I am lost.

What helps me to get back on track is re-reading “Is this Fastlane” thread. Particularly this:

“Expanding your experience, knowledge, and wisdom in a daily effort IS FASTLANE.” “Fastlane is about building your story.

Your process.

Your failures, your trials, and your errors.”

And I can sat that it is about building my story.

But what about making my first dollar?

I remembered that while I waited for my book to be approved as
perma-free at Amazon, some people actually bought it at 0.99. I did money while sleeping.

Wrapping up my introduction I would like to thank all the forum members for contributing to this place. There are many people whose posts helped me, and I will start my personal Thanks with the following members:

@MJ DeMarco – Few books have life-changing power. For me TMF is one of them. Once I read it there was no going back to old mentality. Thank you.

@SinisterLex – Your “15 days to freedom” saved my sanity when I was assigned to write a speech for the CEO. Shame it took me so long to thank you.

@Andy Black – I will split my Thanks into two parts:

- First, I always look forward to your posts – they hold some special combination of valuable advice and motivation.

- Second, thank you for interviews with the forum members.

@Fox – Thank you for the thread about your routine. I am not at one hundred push-ups yet, but I am working on it)

@ChickenHawk – Thank you for sharing your experience and being an inspiration.

…to be continued.

And Thank you, all, for reading my intro.

Olga.

P.S. Two days ago I sold my TV. I haven’t been watching TV per se for about 4 years, and antenna has been collecting dust. But new technologies still provide enough opportunities for distractions. For a year or so I’ve been thinking “I should sell it”. Thinking.

It took four days and roughly 2 hours of “concentrated action” to sell it.
Great intro @Olga. I really enjoyed reading it.

Subscribed and good luck!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

That's really what it is all about -- getting started -- and getting started no matter what the Commandments say.

The Commandments are great guidelines but the truth is, they are LONG-GAME constructs.

I'd rather have someone ACT and gain some experience, than sit around complaining that X, Y, and Z opportunities don't meet the CENTS Commandments.

Thank you for the intro.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Great intro, and thank you for your kind words about my thread!

Funny, my last job had a whole lot of red tape, too. (Ugh!) It's great to see how you're finding the time to work on your Fastlane ventures at every opportunity.

I wasn't sure, but it sounds like you're writing non-fiction?

I hope you'll keep us posted as you move forward!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
Welcome!

I can relate to "adding value". I have been a member here for a long time having a few stops and starts in my journey. I'm on my way now and even though I am not comfortable sharing exactly what I do I know I can add value based on my experiences.

I believe you can do the same and look forward to your posts.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

ha Thanks. It takes a long time to get to 100, just split it up into 35,35,30. Welcome aboard!

CvsC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
May 3, 2015
ha Thanks. It takes a long time to get to 100, just split it up into 35,35,30. Welcome aboard!

Thank you. Got it!

Thank you for the intro.

Thank you very much for commenting on my post.

Great intro @Olga. I really enjoyed reading it.

Subscribed and good luck!

Glad you liked it, Andy!

Welcome!

I can relate to "adding value". I have been a member here for a long time having a few stops and starts in my journey. I'm on my way now and even though I am not comfortable sharing exactly what I do I know I can add value based on my experiences.

I believe you can do the same and look forward to your posts.

Miked_D, thank you for sharing this.

Great intro, and thank you for your kind words about my thread!

I wasn't sure, but it sounds like you're writing non-fiction?

I hope you'll keep us posted as you move forward!

Thank you, ChickenHawk. Yes, I am writing non-fiction. Though fiction is in my very long-term goals)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Huh? Now how the heck did @ChickenHawk work out it was non-fiction?

I'm embarking on the same journey shortly. I'll be following whatever breadcrumbs you leave @Olga.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Chickenhawk knows all... Heh! Actually, it was the term "lead-magnet" that made me think the focus was non-fiction, but I wasn't 100% sure. :)

Damn thats sharp. I hope you are in the detective story niche lol.

CvsC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
May 3, 2015

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics