The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is the Law Of Attraction real?

Anything related to matters of the mind

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Yeah, most of you will probably "roll your eyes" by now.

But seriously, I've been reading a little bit about it in the past and there are some really interesting things about metaphysics and quantum realities.

At first I thought it was mostly bs because people online claim that it's a waste of time and it doesn't work. Even MJ said that it's bollocks in his first book.

But when my boy Andy Frisella(who's a very successful entrepreneur, owns a $500m a year company) says it is a very real thing then I listen.

Here's his story: He started to practice visualization everyday at night since he was 25(he's 42-43 now I think), and back then, by his words, he didn't have shit: a Dodge Ram, a couple thousands of dollars and a hunger for success. He used to visualize himself opening the door of a white Lamborghini with scissor doors, and walking out to his private jet. He used to have the same dream over and over again for years. And 8-9 years later, he's achieved that life. Now he's obviously way past that but he says that contributed to these achievements

On one episode about a year ago he said that you can literally manifest anything you want and you should aim as high as possible. Same thing with the goal setting. We play to our standards. Want to make $100k this year? Set it to $1m. Want to make $1m? Set it to $10m. Want to make $10m net? Make a goal to make $100m this year.

Now, on that particular episode at the time he was travelling around the US meeting ridiculously successful people(on his level and higher) in their $10m mansions and such, and he said that literally all of them agree that visualization/manifesting your dreams is what got them to that place and it should be taken very seriously.

There are some things that can't be explained and this is one of them. Even Michael Jordan used to visualize himself playing before big games. I did that too sometimes and what's crazy is that many times that blueprint turned out to be real, just like dejavu. Heck, even scientists have only discovered 10% of our brains, they don't know what the rest is for!

Also, scientists say that our brains cannot differentiate between what's real and fake.

Caveat: Obviously you still have to put in the work and have determination to succeed since there's also this "manifestation" community who think that just by visualizing they deserve the best things on earth.

Do any of you have experiences with visualization etc.?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
This reminds me of the "if you believe it, you can achieve it" cliché that many people think is cringed.

Man, I used to think was cringed too because other people made fun of it. I was a lame sheep back then for believing them, for not trusting myself.

I know... Self-belief?

Sadly, I didn't have that. I used to write letters to girls because I was too scared to talk to them(I thought it'd work too).

Now I have a version of this cliché sticky noted next to my monitor. And a bunch of other stuff I write along the line of believing in myself and my work before anyone else can.

What does @Johnny boy say?

"to have 100 reasons for doubt, zero reason for faith, and still be able to do what you are about to do anyways".

Those were words I read on this forum, as I lied with insomnia many full moons ago wondering if I can really do what I want to do. It was when I was a fat loser complaining about how things didn't go my way for the past 2 years. I sure as hell visualized, thought, and dreamt of grandiose things manifesting into my life. It was just that my actions were lacking the commitment. I didn't believe myself enough to follow through with anything. Those words stayed with me because before then I didn't know what self belief mean. I needed people to believe in me before I can do something... or build something great.

LoA? Visualize? Thinking of a plan? Dreaming of something greater? Without self belief, these things meant nothing.

I don't remember when but some time between hanging these sticky notes and focusing on my work and building my life, the message on each sticky notes replaced the inner voice that used to say "I can't do it". If anything I'd find myself thinking "I can do it, I will do it, and no one can stop me".

Most of what the LoA say is true. But you not only have think it, visualize it, and dream it but you have to god damn act on it and believe in yourself past the point of delusion.

It
happens to be whatever you want to build(business, lifestyle, fitness level).

Funny you mention Andy, because that guy is a machine. I'm going to get on his 75Hard for my next cut!

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

But seriously, I've been reading a little bit about it in the past and there are some really interesting things about metaphysics and quantum realities.

At first I thought it was mostly bs because people online claim that it's a waste of time and it doesn't work. Even MJ said that it's bollocks in his first book.

But when my boy Andy Frisella(who's a very successful entrepreneur, owns a $500m a year company) says it is a very real thing then I listen.

Here's his story: He started to practice visualization everyday at night since he was 25(he's 42-43 now I think), and back then, by his words, he didn't have shit: a Dodge Ram, a couple thousands of dollars and a hunger for success. He used to visualize himself opening the door of a white Lamborghini with scissor doors, and walking out to his private jet. He used to have the same dream over and over again for years. And 8-9 years later, he's achieved that life. Now he's obviously way past that but he says that contributed to these achievements

On one episode about a year ago he said that you can literally manifest anything you want and you should aim as high as possible. Same thing with the goal setting. We play to our standards. Want to make $100k this year? Set it to $1m. Want to make $1m? Set it to $10m. Want to make $10m net? Make a goal to make $100m this year.

Now, on that particular episode at the time he was travelling around the US meeting ridiculously successful people(on his level and higher) in their $10m mansions and such, and he said that literally all of them agree that visualization/manifesting your dreams is what got them to that place and it should be taken very seriously.

There are some things that can't be explained and this is one of them. Even Michael Jordan used to visualize himself playing before big games. I did that too sometimes and what's crazy is that many times that blueprint turned out to be real, just like dejavu. Heck, even scientists have only discovered 10% of our brains, they don't know what the rest is for!

Also, scientists say that our brains cannot differentiate between what's real and fake.

Caveat: Obviously you still have to put in the work and have determination to succeed since there's also this "manifestation" community who think that just by visualizing they deserve the best things on earth.

If you think about it more you focus on it and work about it more and hence it drives better result.

Visualization helps in sports too. If you lift 100 lb maybe it can push to 110lb.

But people are more interested in some sort of divine help that could give you the game changing lift. I doubt if this could be easily done through manifesting.

I don't disrespect metaphysics. I know people who spent money on fortune telling, changing their names to boost luck, engage fengshui consultation to their interior design and keep the right type of fish to boost luck. This also includes regular donation to specific charities to get good karma.

When I was working for a trading house everyone of us has a "Bull picture" in our screensaver.

I just doubt that visualization alone could work.

At the end of day, if it is not too expensive or time consuming let us just do it to maximize potential luck.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022
The most dangerous thing about the law of attraction is that it's half true.

I doubt that the universe gives a shit about our hopes and dreams, and I doubt that the human mind has any power outside the confines of our body.

However, it has been scientifically proven that the world that we think we see is merely a reflection of who we are and how we feel on the inside.

The way we act is heavily determined by the way you perceive the world. Here is a quick story:

Two businessman went to a remote African country wanting to start a shoe selling business. Upon arrival, they were astonished to discover that nobody was wearing shoes. They return to their hotel and write in their journal:
  • Businessman #1: "This is a complete disaster: nobody here wears shoes."
  • Businessman #2: "This is the greatest opportunity of my life: nobody here wears shoes yet."

The problems with the law of attraction is that some people see it as a shortcut to achieving the goal, they start believing that they can turn their dreams into reality just by thinking about it. This cannot happen because it ignores the deterministic laws of our universe - which have actually be proven by scientific method.

Being able to visualize your future success as well as the road to get there is not a shortcut. It's your map, it's your ability to plan and strategize. It's your ability to believe in yourself and trust a process that does not yield instant results.

It's sad that some scammers have turned this fundamental human mental faculty into a sales pitch for selling books, and have covered it with an aura of mysticism and pseudoscience.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
This reminds me of the "if you believe it, you can achieve it" cliché that many people think is cringed.

Man, I used to think was cringed too because other people made fun of it. I was a lame sheep back then for believing them, for not trusting myself.

I know... Self-belief?

Sadly, I didn't have that. I used to write letters to girls because I was too scared to talk to them(I thought it'd work too).

Now I have a version of this cliché sticky noted next to my monitor. And a bunch of other stuff I write along the line of believing in myself and my work before anyone else can.

What does @Johnny boy say?

"to have 100 reasons for doubt, zero reason for faith, and still be able to do what you are about to do anyways".

Those were words I read on this forum, as I lied with insomnia many full moons ago wondering if I can really do what I want to do. It was when I was a fat loser complaining about how things didn't go my way for the past 2 years. I sure as hell visualized, thought, and dreamt of grandiose things manifesting into my life. It was just that my actions were lacking the commitment. I didn't believe myself enough to follow through with anything. Those words stayed with me because before then I didn't know what self belief mean. I needed people to believe in me before I can do something... or build something great.

LoA? Visualize? Thinking of a plan? Dreaming of something greater? Without self belief, these things meant nothing.

I don't remember when but some time between hanging these sticky notes and focusing on my work and building my life, the message on each sticky notes replaced the inner voice that used to say "I can't do it". If anything I'd find myself thinking "I can do it, I will do it, and no one can stop me".

Most of what the LoA say is true. But you not only have think it, visualize it, and dream it but you have to god damn act on it and believe in yourself past the point of delusion.

It
happens to be whatever you want to build(business, lifestyle, fitness level).

Funny you mention Andy, because that guy is a machine. I'm going to get on his 75Hard for my next cut!
Yep, his live hard program mandates daily visualization as well. It's very difficult to find any belief when nothing is working out for you and people can feel hopeless. But yes, taking action and being optimistic is the first step because it puts you in a positive state of mind so you can actually take some action which reinforces this self belief loop.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
If you think about it more you focus on it and work about it more and hence it drives better result.

Visualization helps in sports too. If you lift 100 lb maybe it can push to 110lb.

But people are more interested in some sort of divine help that could give you the game changing lift. I doubt if this could be easily done through manifesting.

I don't disrespect metaphysics. I know people who spent money on fortune telling, changing their names to boost luck, engage fengshui consultation to their interior design and keep the right type of fish to boost luck. This also includes regular donation to specific charities to get good karma.

When I was working for a trading house everyone of us has a "Bull picture" in our screensaver.

I just doubt that visualization alone could work.

At the end of day, if it is not too expensive or time consuming let us just do it to maximize potential luck.
That's the thing. You have to put in the preparation as well. Without that it's kind of useless or is it?

There was actually a study where they had 2 groups of people who were gonna improve their free throws in basketball; one group only did the physical work and the other only practiced it in their head. What's interesting is that after the 30 day period(or something like that), it turned out that the group that only visualized had just as good results as the group that only practiced.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
The most dangerous thing about the law of attraction is that it's half true.

I doubt that the universe gives a shit about our hopes and dreams, and I doubt that the human mind has any power outside the confines of our body.

However, it has been scientifically proven that the world that we think we see is merely a reflection of who we are and how we feel on the inside.

The way we act is heavily determined by the way you perceive the world. Here is a quick story:

The problems with the law of attraction is that some people see it as a shortcut to achieving the goal, they start believing that they can turn their dreams into reality just by thinking about it. This cannot happen because it ignores the deterministic laws of our universe - which have actually be proven by scientific method.

Being able to visualize your future success as well as the road to get there is not a shortcut. It's your map, it's your ability to plan and strategize. It's your ability to believe in yourself and trust a process that does not yield instant results.

It's sad that some scammers have turned this fundamental human mental faculty into a sales pitch for selling books, and have covered it with an aura of mysticism and pseudoscience.
Good points. Yes, there's some people who have used this "shortcut" to their advantage and made people believe falsely that they can get anything they want just by visualizing success. Life is binary, it's all cause and effect. You put in the work and you will get the rewards eventually if you stick with it long enough.

But what you said in that story is a real thing, and it's even more clear now than ever. That's the actual danger of it. So many people only think about the negatives of this world and they can't see the real picture in a macro scale. And guess what they get? Only negative things in their life because they're manifesting bad things all the time.

It actually reminds me of a jail story.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
But my boy Joey the Loser also claims it’s a very real thing. He dreamt about opening the doors of a Lamborghini ever since he was 10, and now at 35 he’s in a mental institution, thinking he drives his Lambo every day. Why should I trust Andy over Joey?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
That's the thing. You have to put in the preparation as well. Without that it's kind of useless or is it?

There was actually a study where they had 2 groups of people who were gonna improve their free throws in basketball; one group only did the physical work and the other only practiced it in their head. What's interesting is that after the 30 day period(or something like that), it turned out that the group that only visualized had just as good results as the group that only practiced.
The whole debate was about whether visualization/manifesting alone is a performance booster (10-15% the most) or a game changer which is going to 10x your result.

I tend to think it is the former rather than the later.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada

I fail to see how this is the "Law of attraction". Andy put the work. Michael Jordan put the work.

They did not use the "law of attraction" to manifest things, they use visualization as a tool to achieve their goal. They didn't "attract" anything, they kept a vision and created the vision through consistent action.

Heck. Your "Caveat" invalides the validity of the Law of attraction. Can you create something by just visualizing it? No. You need to put the work.

In addition, negative visualization is powerful, with reseach showing that it might be more useful than positive visualization when it comes to helping people achieve their goals. See 1.02.05 of the video below.

View: https://youtu.be/t1F7EEGPQwo

The visual system is a powerful tool in setting and achieving goals. But the LoA? I say nayy

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 18, 2022
I feel it's more of a flow of positive vs negative.

When you're first learning to ride a motorcycle, one of the first things they teach you is about object fixation. If you stare into the back of a parked car as you're riding by it, chances are you'll ride into said parked car.

I believe what you're describing is referred to as "mental fixation." I believe it's akin to "self-fulfilling" prophecies. If you assume you're going to lose your job at some point in the next year, you'll eventually make conscious/subconscious decisions that'll inevitably end with... you losing your job.

I believe success tends to favor those that are capable of peering through the darkest depths of themselves and still seeing the light; AKA the metaphorical "good." I believe it's a beautiful dance of pumping good shit into the world and pumping negative shit out of yourself.
Heck, even scientists have only discovered 10% of our brains, they don't know what the rest is for!
I haven't followed science as closely as I once did, but I could've sworn this was proven to be a myth. I could be wrong though.

Interesting. It's wild to me how most of society views money as a sign of knowledge, and it's often times used as a form of an all-encompassing qualification. "His company is worth 500M/yr, so I mean, obviously he knows what he's talking about."

I understand the mentality of "he said he did this and this worked for him based on his 500M company." While I congratulate him on his obvious success, the fact is there's no definitive way to prove that fantasizing about Lambos is what carried his success. And saying "well, he has 500M" isn't proof. As we all know, luck plays a tremendous part of life, as well.

I think this bothers me the most simply because to me, by saying/believing "he owes his success/a lot of his success to visualization," takes away from the most important aspect of success: work. I believe it also encourages the "he's only rich because <insert mommy/daddy/luck comment here> mindset. You can fantasize as much as you'd like, but if you don't have the work ethic to match said fantasies, then it's ultimately a moot point (not you specifically). It feels we're disrespecting the sheer amount of work this man had to have put into his business.

I believe his success is a combination of actively choosing positivity (the visualization aspect) mixed with his outright work ethic (the actual reality of life).

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
I feel it's more of a flow of positive vs negative.

When you're first learning to ride a motorcycle, one of the first things they teach you is about object fixation. If you stare into the back of a parked car as you're riding by it, chances are you'll ride into said parked car.

I believe what you're describing is referred to as "mental fixation." I believe it's akin to "self-fulfilling" prophecies. If you assume you're going to lose your job at some point in the next year, you'll eventually make conscious/subconscious decisions that'll inevitably end with... you losing your job.

I believe success tends to favor those that are capable of peering through the darkest depths of themselves and still seeing the light; AKA the metaphorical "good." I believe it's a beautiful dance of pumping good shit into the world and pumping negative shit out of yourself.

I haven't followed science as closely as I once did, but I could've sworn this was proven to be a myth. I could be wrong though.

Interesting. It's wild to me how most of society views money as a sign of knowledge, and it's often times used as a form of an all-encompassing qualification. "His company is worth 500M/yr, so I mean, obviously he knows what he's talking about."

I understand the mentality of "he said he did this and this worked for him based on his 500M company." While I congratulate him on his obvious success, the fact is there's no definitive way to prove that fantasizing about Lambos is what carried his success. And saying "well, he has 500M" isn't proof. As we all know, luck plays a tremendous part of life, as well.

I think this bothers me the most simply because to me, by saying/believing "he owes his success/a lot of his success to visualization," takes away from the most important aspect of success: work. I believe it also encourages the "he's only rich because <insert mommy/daddy/luck comment here> mindset. You can fantasize as much as you'd like, but if you don't have the work ethic to match said fantasies, then it's ultimately a moot point (not you specifically). It feels we're disrespecting the sheer amount of work this man had to have put into his business.

I believe his success is a combination of actively choosing positivity (the visualization aspect) mixed with his outright work ethic (the actual reality of life).
Yeah man, it might be this mental fixation. You think about it and you take or don't take the necessary actions which gives you X result.

I'm not saying that just because he owns a $500m company that he's the only right person. Like realistically, how many people own $500m companies right now? Less than 5,000 maybe across the whole world? He obviously knows how business works when he's so successful and has other aspects like fitness and family life in place. I'm using his own words here, he said that manifestation aspect + the work ethic are working together. Even Arnold Schwarzenegger used to visualize his success. The work part is definitely more important here. Funny enough, when people who call him lucky, he responds by saying 23 years into business got him lucky!

The thing is, I've been taught from my coaches to only learn from the best. Want to learn how to box? Well, watch Mike Tyson and try to learn some his moves and learn as much as you can from the best boxers and create your own style from it. Look at what Kobe did too, he's literally like a Michael Jordan 2.0. There are so many people to learn from if you leave your ego aside and are willing to learn things you don't know.

Want to build a kickass, life changing company not just for you but for thousands of people that will have a job because of you? Well then you might listen to Andy.

You want to emulate certain parts of a persons' behavior if you want to be like them since success leaves clues. There's a blueprint for anything literally.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
How does a ship go from port to port successfully?

It has a set route.

It has a captain employed to make sure it stays on that route.

It can locate itself and know if it's on or off that route at any given time during the voyage.

99.9% of the time it gets where it's going.

Imagine if it had no route, just a general direction, it didn't have an attentive captain, and it didn't track it's location...

It would end up as a complete failure. (pictured below)

Which ship will you be?

boat mcdonalds.png

cool boat.png

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
Heres one perspective: before you do a thing, you can think through the thing.

The more you can think through the thing, the more perspectives you can have on the thing, the closer it brings you to doing the thing. But thinking it alone doesn't manifest it. You must also do the thing. And too much thinking can paralyze you in the sense that you get lost in the infinite variations of how a thing can be done.

There's a lot of people banking on and even more people stuck on the thinking it part, that they never get to the doing part.

There's also merit in the notion that you don't know what you don't know. You could sit there and visualize yourself being all these great things - but what those great things are is constrained in your mind because you don't know wtf it means in reality, only in your imagination.

I have found I get a lot further by using directional goals and iterating on what I learn rather than trying to visualize the thing and manifest a detailed and exact vision into reality. Because my vision might be flawed by what I don't know - whereas incremental iterative actions will have feedback loops to guide how and what I do.

Last edited:

Athena_

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 3, 2021
India

Caveat: You still have to put in the work and have the determination to succeed since there's also this "manifestation" community who think that just by visualizing they deserve the best things on earth.

Do any of you have experience with visualization etc.?
LOA is based on positive thinking, I feel negative thinking and negative visualization are more helpful
Check this out
View: https://youtu.be/XXCWpIgWpMk

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
No it is a myth fabricated in the US

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Visualization is real. And I have 3 orthopedic surgeries to attest to that fact. I used visualization in the gym to lift heavy weights, often 2 and 3X my weight. It worked great, until my joints said, WTF?

IMO, the Law of Attraction is a corruption of visualization to appeal to the masses who like quick fixes and shortcuts.

Visualization is easy. People love easy.
Execution is harder. People hate hard.

So to answer your question, the Law of Attraction is both real, and fake. It depends on how the person applies it, or doesn't.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Yes, I believe it’s real. But you still have to do your part in making things a reality. You can’t sit around and play video games, eat and do nothing.

If you spend your time meditating, getting a gym membership and getting a library card then it absolutely works.

Athena_

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 3, 2021
India
I fail to see how this is the "Law of attraction". Andy put in the work. Michael Jordan put in the work.

They did not use the "law of attraction" to manifest things, they use visualization as a tool to achieve their goal. They didn't "attract" anything, they kept a vision and created the vision through consistent action.

Heck. Your "Caveat" Invalides the validity of the Law of attraction. Can you create something by just visualizing it? No. You need to put in the work.

In addition, negative visualization is powerful, with research showing that it might be more useful than positive visualization when it comes to helping people achieve their goals. See 1.02.05 of the video below.

View: https://youtu.be/t1F7EEGPQwo

A visual system is a powerful tool for setting and achieving goals. But the LoA? I say nay

Visualization is real. And I have 3 orthopedic surgeries to attest to that fact. I used visualization in the gym to lift heavy weights, often 2 and 3X my weight. It worked great, until my joints said, WTF?

IMO, the Law of Attraction is a corruption of visualization to appeal to the masses who like quick fixes and shortcuts.

So to answer your question, the Law of Attraction is both real, and fake. It depends on how the person applies it or doesn't

So to answer your question, the Law of Attraction is both real, and fake. It depends on how the person applies it or doesn't.
The first time I heard about LOA was in this video where a Bollywood actress is talking about how she got a film using it, she has 60 Million followers on Instagram, she took action, and wasn't just dreaming about becoming an actor, I feel anyone would love to get that level of fame but if we sit down and visualize 60 M followers and do nothing for it, nothings gonna happen.
In the video at
15:22 "when I auditioned for this film, I was reading this book called the secret

View: https://youtu.be/qP5ZJoc56XY

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Thanks for posting.
I love this paragraph. It's a metaphor that I haven't encountered before.

extraordwealth

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Apr 12, 2014
While visualization and goal setting are powerful tools for motivation and focus, attributing all success solely to the Law of Attraction oversimplifies complex processes involved in achievement. The role of hard work, perseverance, and external factors in success are much more significant. I'd say it has benefits in psychological well-being and goal attainment, but no more than that.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas

So to answer your question, the Law of Attraction is both real, and fake. It depends on how the person applies it, or doesn't.
I prefer the term visualization over manifesting. Most people I hear use the word manifest do not speak of labor or a plan of action. I did not manifest walking again but I did visualize the process when I was horizontal. Visualizing did prepare me mentally and emotionally for the work I had to put in to be able to stand and walk.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
*Insert funny voice here*

I *Thought* I could make a sandwich. I *thought* I could get out of bed. I *Thought* I had to deal with traffic going up 183 to 121 to Plano for my job. I *Thought* I loved working here, I say.

I *Thought* this post was hilarious. Nope it's not real.

I *Though* life would be great they say, nope it's hard.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Visualizing helps when you have a flu or cold at early stage, you drink lots of water, get enough rest, rinse it with mouth wash and psycho yourself that when you wake up you will feel much better. That’s speaking from my personal experience how to recover from early stage cold in 3-4 days than a typical 7-10 days cycle. Mind power plays an important rule in cold recovery.

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Aug 26, 2023

I can second that LOA works and Visualization is only 5% of the whole procedure. It has worked for me 3 times in the past.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 11, 2019
I believe this in a much deeper sense, I believe the entire Universe is mental. I even dare to say I understand not believe it. For example, you can choose not to believe in gravity, jump off a bridge and you'll still hit the river/ground/whatever is underneath.

RAS (reticular activation system) is the scientific term for it. It's worth exploring. However, you don't really need science to verify LOA.

Imagine two fresh University graduates - same field (IT for example), same age, generally the same starting position - Joe and Bill.

Joe believes he put a lot of effort into his studies, he believes his skills can bring value to society, and he believes he's worth hiring - he's got some skills, he has a great outlook on life, and he's ambitious - he's pitching himself to exciting startups to gain experience.

Bill on the other hand fears he won't land a job, he has no real-life experience, and ChatGPT is replacing IT specialists in every sub-field, he's distracting himself by playing video games and sending out only a few applications each week with the same generic motivation letter.

That's just a basic example, I'd explore this more from a spiritual angle rather than a scientific one. LOA is just as real as gravity - it can both defy the odds and make a 500,000-pound heavy object fly, and it can break legs or worse.

Sure, there are unfortunate people in unfortunate situations but mentality transcends all.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
*Insert funny voice here*

I *Thought* I could make a sandwich. I *thought* I could get out of bed. I *Thought* I had to deal with traffic going up 183 to 121 to Plano for my job. I *Thought* I loved working here, I say.

I *Thought* this post was hilarious. Nope it's not real.

I *Though* life would be great they say, nope it's hard.
Life can be great, no guarantee. Life is hard sometimes but not always. Frequently we make life hard by our choices. Choices are great.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.