The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is my online business and traffic growing fast enough?

Marketing, social media, advertising

DavidTT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Aug 3, 2016
Question for guys with an online business; now I've been working on an online business for over a year now it I've been using SEO to drive traffic to it. That means building content and backlinks and optimizing the website overall to rank better. Now I know MJ mentioned that it would not be as important as PULLING traffic towards your website by giving value. That being said, I understand that I need to figure out a way to give people something really amazing that they would want to share and make it go viral.

In the meantime, my website has been getting traction and is slowly but surely getting somewhere. My question is; is it something worth considering giving attention or am I just wasting my time?

So here is a quick screenshot of my search console on google:

so slowly but surely I'm getting traffic and yes it is monetizing but barely. I'm just concerned if it's not growing fast enough.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Monkeycom

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 20, 2019
UK
Question for guys with an online business; now I've been working on an online business for over a year now it I've been using SEO to drive traffic to it. That means building content and backlinks and optimizing the website overall to rank better. Now I know MJ mentioned that it would not be as important as PULLING traffic towards your website by giving value. That being said, I understand that I need to figure out a way to give people something really amazing that they would want to share and make it go viral.

In the meantime, my website has been getting traction and is slowly but surely getting somewhere. My question is; is it something worth considering giving attention or am I just wasting my time?

So here is a quick screenshot of my search console on google:

View attachment 27341
View attachment 27342

so slowly but surely I'm getting traffic and yes it is monetizing but barely. I'm just concerned if it's not growing fast enough.

Growing a business via SEO is slow.
Do you have a lead magnet ?
Read my threads. Building an email list is the single most important factor to monetise your audience to its full potential.
Pm me the url of your site if you want that I take a look to it.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hi,

I guess if you are offering high value (relative to the marketplace), then its always worth it and not wasting your time!

Try to carry out a market research and see where your competitors that have more traffic are at. How much more traffic do they have then you? Do they provide better value then you?

If you provide better value, you could target those people and get them on your site with paid ads.

Best
Champion

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Not sure about that but if you have 3% at 44'th then you doing something right.

How your clicks are spread (do you have some #1 positions averaged by #100 positions?)

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
I think you should improve your CTR - not really sure about the analytics as I am not an analytics expert but I think you should be able to improve CTR and aim to improve your CTR and then your conversions.

Are your conversions doing any good?

And Monkeycom is right - you need a lead-magnet and you should have an email list if you don't already have one.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Agree with what others said about:
  • building an email list (so you don't have to rely on organic or social traffic, which is less controllable), and
  • increasing CTR
  • increasing pages/session
  • increasing avg. time on page
  • lowering bounce rate
The traffic pattern you're seeing is similar to what I'm getting on one of my websites & what a few colleagues have seen--slow at first, then Google starts sending traffic, gradually increasing it if people stay on your site. However, it typically takes ~30-40 weeks for Google to start sending traffic for any article. So the sooner you post more content (especially for high-volume keywords), the sooner those articles will begin their 30-40 week aging process. If you spend time on promotion (like Brian Dean at Backlinko & Neil Patel recommend), you can shorten the time to get traffic.

The decision to continue/stop also depends on the size of your niche market. Is it a large niche/market, or is it small? If it's small & the expected revenue per customer is low, you'll have a ceiling on how large a business you can build.

For reference, here's what my traffic looks like:

DavidTT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Aug 3, 2016
Agree with what others said about:
  • building an email list (so you don't have to rely on organic or social traffic, which is less controllable), and
  • increasing CTR
  • increasing pages/session
  • increasing avg. time on page
  • lowering bounce rate
The traffic pattern you're seeing is similar to what I'm getting on one of my websites & what a few colleagues have seen--slow at first, then Google starts sending traffic, gradually increasing it if people stay on your site. However, it typically takes ~30-40 weeks for Google to start sending traffic for any article. So the sooner you post more content (especially for high-volume keywords), the sooner those articles will begin their 30-40 week aging process. If you spend time on promotion (like Brian Dean at Backlinko & Neil Patel recommend), you can shorten the time to get traffic.

The decision to continue/stop also depends on the size of your niche market. Is it a large niche/market, or is it small? If it's small & the expected revenue per customer is low, you'll have a ceiling on how large a business you can build.

For reference, here's what my traffic looks like:

View attachment 27369
looks like your website gets ranked and more traffic much sooner which is exactly my concern. I do feel like the progress on mine is very slow.

Chriscross

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Oct 31, 2017
Germany
Hi,
that looks good.
Did you check already long tail keywords that you can target with your website?
Did you write already articles for the keywords in the search console that you are ranking for, but in the midddle of no-where?
What about backlinks on landing pages?
Do you have a digital product or physical product that people use?

Kind regards
Christian

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!