• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

O/T: Health Is Anyone Else Intermittent Fasting?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by million$$$smile, Oct 31, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. StevieB

StevieB Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,504

The fasting is a part of it because it changes how your body gives you access to fat. Long term fasting is very unhealthy but short term fasting has a lot of benefits. However yes, the lower calorie intake is another part of it.

Skipping breakfast isn't necessary. There are many types of intermittent fasting. There's a great article on the different types here :

How Intermittent Fasting Can Help You Lose Weight

In fact, there's been some studies done that suggesting eating less for dinner works better than skipping breakfast.

Weight loss can be tied to when, not just what, you eat - CNN

I eat a large breakfast / lunch and a very small dinner. I go to bed hungry which I can deal with a lot easier than going most of the morning without eating, because I know I'm just going to sleep soon so most of my 'hunger time' is while I'm asleep. Which is good because as the studies suggest you store less fat since there's not a lot of food in your stomach while sleeping, which is when you use the least amount of energy.

2. ruzara5

ruzara5 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $179

3. Alexo

Alexo Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $187
    Yeah I agree, everyone's situation is different

4. • nikita •

• nikita • Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $327
    Been intermittent fasting for 2+ years now. It works great, I love it. I could never get used to splitting up my portions. I've always had a huge appetite, so splitting meals up makes me feel like I'm eating rabbit portions. Eating all my calories in one or two large meals just feels right. Helps my self-control by knowing I finish eating at a certain time/point, rather than waiting for my next meal.

I do it a bit different though -- I have all my food in the morning as opposed to in the evening. If I eat late, I feel all bloated in the morning. I work from home though; if I had to commute this would be impractical.

5. million$$$smile

million$$$smile Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,314
    Well, I've been mostly on OMAD (one meal a day) for about three weeks now.
    Once a week or so I have had to break it for one reason or another, usually due to a business lunch or breakfast. I just hate sitting there not eating and having questions asked of me, why I'm not. It just squelches questions if I partake.

A couple of things I've noticed. Like @AgainstAllOdds mentioned in a previous post, after two weeks one hardly notices any hunger pangs. For the first few weeks I was at times noticeably crankier and had to really watch my attitude around others, especially employees and coworkers.

I have usually waited to eat until around 8 pm in which time I'll usually feed on a plant based diet. Once in awhile I'll have a bit of meat but it is out of the norm.

Things I have noticed:

My energy levels have remained the same or gone up a bit. It is a little hard to tell because during this time I have upped my frequency of workouts from 3 days a week to 5. I feel GREAT.

My weight hasn't change much. Lost maybe 2-3 lbs. That has mildly surprised me. I'm thinking that I have exchanged a bit of fat for muscle but haven't yet checked measurements until I go a full month.

My clarity is definitely better. One of the reasons I began this journey of fasting/IF to begin with was I had been noticing for the first time in my life some short term memory loss. I feel this was due to allowing stress to be a large part of my life in the early development of various business ventures.
    Definitely not healthy. My blood pressure at times was in the critical stage as high as 186/110. It now has averaged 138/95 and some days lower.
    I attribute this to a complete change in my diet and more frequent exercise.

For this reason alone, this journey has been worth the sacrifice of my previous lifestyle.

Sometimes less is more.

There is so much contradictory information online regarding diet and lifestyle change that I feel one really needs to begin listening to their own body and decide for themselves, not what someone else says verbatim.

Life is not only an experience, but an experiment. What may be good for me, may not fit exactly for you.

Not sure if I'll continue this the rest of my life, but it has been a real benefit for me in this chapter nonetheless.

Gotta go check on my 15 bean soup in the crockpot. Dinner is almost here...;)