The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Zooman009

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 29, 2020
Utah, USA
Now I want to get two things out of the way.
First, I know I'm eighteen and have a long life ahead of me. Second, I'm moving somewhere for two years where I won't be able to do anything on the internet or do business in probably fall 2021.

So that takes me to where I'm on what feels like a time time crunch to "fastlane" myself to success in essentially under a year. I don't know what to expect from this year, but I know that it's gonna be difficult because of a massive project I have for 12th grade.

Trying to put a time limit on myself is stupid. Especially when I won't even be able to stay and run the business for a while. Life's weird and crazy.

But in this situation it's started to feel as if it isn't worth it to try and build anything. Unless whatever I make is something that can last a while without me.
Another challenge that I face along with many others is that it sounds like you can't start anything without a lot of capital.

This post feels like it went nowhere, but I guess I wanted to ask, "Is it even worth it to try?"

With a time limit, low budget, and young age, the world is playing against me and I'm not about to stop, though it's awfully tempting to just wait a while.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Attachments

• IMG_20201015_223653.gif
    IMG_20201015_223653.gif
    184.4 KB · Views: 8

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
You need to be more precise in your language. We don't know exactly what point your trying to make

You say you have to have "capital". But we don't know what type of business your starting.

Personally I would do research and hit the books. Maybe hire a mentor. For life to change you must change!

I took the concept of being "precise" from Jordan Peterson's "12 rules for life". Definitely recommended! Goodluck!

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Another challenge that I face along with many others is that it sounds like you can't start anything without a lot of capital.

This post feels like it went nowhere, but I guess I wanted to ask, "Is it even worth it to try?"

With a time limit, low budget, and young age, the world is playing against me and I'm not about to stop, though it's awfully tempting to just wait a while.
* Learn HTML/CSS on Youtube/Udemy, and start building websites for people.
Design t-shirts and sell them using Shopify.
Takes next to zero capital.
Also, you have an advantage. People love to help out young entrepreneurs.

Or, you can wait awhile. Really dedicate this time to sitting down and finding that one thing you want to do and study as much about it as you can so when you do have time to dedicate to it, you can start fast.

Million paths in front of you man, just pick one and see where it goes.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Wouldn't try to build the next Facebook in the next year, but I quite like the ideas from @PapaGang. Simple, profitable, easy to learn and doesn't need a lot of capital.
I personally would try to team up with a friend or so, together it's easier to work with such a time limit and he can take care of the business after autumn 2021. So when you come back you hopefully still have a business. With just a strict time limit I think it important that you just start. Maybe you wouldn't make it. But when you start you have the chance to make it, in comparison to never starting.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
With just a strict time limit I think it important that you just start. Maybe you wouldn't make it. But when you start you have the chance to make it, in comparison to never starting.
Right. Also: starting could simply be researching the business you want to build. Doing competitor research, learning about the industry as much as you can, finding the gaps. Finding the people that need help, drawing up the business plan if you need to. Lining up financing if you need it. What would your website look like? Customer acquisition?

This stuff is work. Just because you're gathering data and research doesn't mean it's action faking. It means you are learning about what you are getting into, and building this thing in your mind and writing down your ideas so you have a clear sense of what needs to be done.

Ask some of the people on the Forum here. Some of them have taken years to find the right product. The key is to be honestly engaged in the process of finding and delivering value to someone.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Right. Also: starting could simply be researching the business you want to build. Doing competitor research, learning about the industry as much as you can, finding the gaps. Finding the people that need help, drawing up the business plan if you need to. Lining up financing if you need it. What would your website look like? Customer acquisition?

This stuff is work. Just because you're gathering data and research doesn't mean it's action faking. It means you are learning about what you are getting into, and building this thing in your mind so you have a clear sense of what needs to be done.

Ask some of the people on the Forum here. Some of them have taken years to find the right product. The key is to be honestly engaged in the process of finding and delivering value to someone.
Great point. What do you think about teaming up with somebody, when you have such a short time limit?

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Great point. What do you think about teaming up with somebody, when you have such a short time limit?
I don't generally recommend partnerships unless there is a real need and a real chance that it becomes successful enough that there is enough money for everyone to be happy upon exit.

My personal experience is that:
• 50/50 partnerships are dumb. Someone has the idea and the dream. It's their company. divide it up differently. The book slicing pie covers this nicely.
• Only take a partner if they have big contacts that could transform the business, or if they have a lot of capital they are willing to invest, or they have some sort of skill they provide through sweat equity that you literally couldn't buy anywhere else, which is super rare.

Otherwise, keep it solo.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.