The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Learn Code, Start a Web Company, $15k+ per month within 9 months

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hi XXX,

My name is XXX, I've recently started a Web Development agency and one of our focuses is set to be construction and construction management. In researching top companies in the space, I came across your company - XXX. I reach out solely to quality businesses that I believe in and that I know I can help.

I'm interested in revamping and updating your website (domain name here) to improve your online sales/lead generation, increase user experience, and improve your company's online image. Here are some examples of things that I believe can be improved:

1. Complete revamp and modernizing of the design and look
2. Dramatically improve user "flow"
3. Bring to life your amazing experience across $XXX+ million in projects including the XXX project
4. Include customer testimonials where we can to boost site credibility even further!
5. Cut unnecessary information where we can
6. Higher quality and better blending of logo into site background
7. More seemingly minor tweaks that make a large difference.

This whole revamp can be done in less than 2 weeks. As I am looking to build a portfolio of website development projects done for high quality businesses for my new agency, I would enjoy the opportunity to work on this project for free.

I'd like to set up a consultation phone call to discuss your business further and work through what you'd really like to see in your website design. Does this XXXX, 12/X, at 8:00am, 12:30pm or 6:00pm work for you?

Looking forward to speaking soon. Feel free to call my number below at any time.

Changes (just at a glance):

My name is XXX, I do web design and work with a lot of similar companies to yours in the construction management space.
All are past clients have gone from having an average, out of date website to something that is now brining in new sales daily.
Have a quick look at...

www.example.com
www.example.com
www.example.com

I came across your business by search ___________ and noticed its number 5 on the results. A little research has shown me that this kind of search is getting around XXXX search per month. I really think some very simple changes to your website would see a huge difference in results.

Here are some examples of things that I believe can be improved:

1. Complete revamp and modernizing of the design and look
2. Dramatically improve user "flow"
3. Bring to life your amazing experience across $XXX+ million in projects including the XXX project

Also X is not working great, and Y doesn't even show on a mobile device.

Let me know when is a good time to call or you can always ring me at XXXXXXXXX. I would love a quick chat and even if you don't hire me I would enjoy showing you some simple things to get fast results.

- Rob

(If no call or response within a few days - call).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Just talked to a client about some ongoing work on a past site I built a few months ago. It was a low 5 figure job. After talking about the site I asked her about her results so far... one large client approached through the website and they have signed on with a mid 6 figure deal AND in that industry it is usual to get a lot of repeat work. Basically a million or more of potential work (with some already signed for) over the next year or two.
Just one client and in only a few weeks since we built it.

Damn it feels good to be a gangster fastlaner

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
2 did a 2 HOUR chat with @Andy Black. Pretty unscripted stuff (!) but a lot of fun. He should have a recording up soon.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
very good info on this thread. thank you all for contributing this has been very in depth and useful

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
Since this thread, and the web design aspect here, is all about static pages;
Does anyone have experience with templates with search databases? As in, real estate, car sales, etc. Items that would have to be changed often.
I found some nice HTML templates who offer this, but have not worked with something like this yet. I can imagine Wordpress being the better option for it, since it's more about logging in and "blogging" or posting new content often.

Would love to hear some takes on this.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I found some nice HTML templates who offer this, but have not worked with something like this yet.

It is just the design, these features do nothing. Same when you see a twitter feed or Instagram gallery. HTML themes are completely static and to get these functions to work you have to be able to (or hire) code in the need languages to run these features. For example any HTML page with a "search" function will not do a thing. It just looks cool.

WordPress is much better for this type of thing.

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
It is just the design, these features do nothing. Same when you see a twitter feed or Instagram gallery. HTML themes are completely static and to get these functions to work you have to be able to (or hire) code in the need languages to run these features. For example any HTML page with a "search" function will not do a thing. It just looks cool.

WordPress is much better for this type of thing.
Hmm I thought so, makes sense. Thanks

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hmm I thought so, makes sense. Thanks

Ya I thought this too when I started. Downloaded a HTML theme and contacted support to set up my searchable database lol.
Makes me laugh now.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Ya I thought this too when I started. Downloaded a HTML theme and contacted support to set up my searchable database lol.
Makes me laugh now.

Just to clear things up, and I'm curious

You design websites on the front end aka making it look great with simple links and animations and if there are more complicated functionalities to the page like a database or even a forum like this one that the client wants, do you outsource it, refer your clients to a "back-end" developer or just straight up admit that you're not the best man for the job?

thanks for the constant stream of information on this forum, this thread really does kick a$$!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Just to clear things up, and I'm curious

You design websites on the front end aka making it look great with simple links and animations and if there are more complicated functionalities to the page like a database or even a forum like this one that the client wants, do you outsource it, refer your clients to a "back-end" developer or just straight up admit that you're not the best man for the job?

thanks for the constant stream of information on this forum, this thread really does kick a$$!

Inn the beginning I turned down some jobs, now I have the contacts and team to do some different types of projects. I still target companies that don't really need this stuff. I like my little niche of 5-20k static HTML websites. There are some features like a job board, blog, news section etc that I run through wordpress but as far as databases and forums go its outside what I target.

Since my sales are 90% from my end or a referral to a similar site that I already built I get to pick what to work on. If I was on UpWork or running ads it would probably be different. By targeting I try pick the perfect jobs for me to really do well in.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
This is a pretty cool article written by @SinisterLex about my FB group. [HASHTAG]#humblebrag[/HASHTAG]

https://omgcoaches.com/increase-facebook-group/

I got it from 0 a few weeks ago to up to 550+ at the moment. While I love the web design stuff and it is ticking over nicely I do want to branch out a little into teaching others with this. I hate "gurus" as much as the next person but the few people I have helped so far have had great results and that type of business has a lot better CENTS then what I currently do. I hope to launch some sort of course/group next year for the people on the FG group who want to take it serious.

If anyone has any questions on the FB group stuff I would be happy to start another thread, there are a few people on here right now doing great with these.

Motley crue

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 28, 2015
Portland, ME
Hey fox, great thread you've got and it's been incredibly helpful. I had a quick question, what kind of conversion rate do you typically experience through this type of selling? Also do you email, cold call, or show up in person?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I got a sales call recorded of a upper 4 figure website on Friday. Thats put Fridays website sales at somewhat close to 10k (2 sales total).
I have to wait until I get the deposit though and also clear me using the recording with the client. If those both happen I will post it here.

*Edit: Also I should be doing coaching again soon. I will have a marketplace post up within a week.

Mr.Donnerhuhn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Aug 2, 2015
I got a sales call recorded of a upper 4 figure website on Friday. Thats put Fridays website sales at somewhat close to 10k (2 sales total).
I have to wait until I get the deposit though and also clear me using the recording with the client. If those both happen I will post it here.

*Edit: Also I should be doing coaching again soon. I will have a marketplace post up within a week.

Man, the way you keep upping the value you give is awesome and inspiring! Kudos!

PabloCP

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Sep 16, 2016
Hello there,

Hope this is relevant, just wanted to share a 25% discount offer on what I think is a great Wordpress theme: Divi 3. You can easily make great looking sites with a high level of customization with it, and with little to no coding knowledge (the theme has a great visual editor). You can make the websites for yourself or for clients; there are even plugins that let you white-label the page.

Here's the link (there are about 3 days remaining for the offer):

https://www.elegantthemes.com/discount/cyber-monday-2016/

(Just in case: I'm not an affiliate, just wanted to share the offer. I bought it and am liking it so I thought someone else just starting like myself might find it useful here, cheers.)

Chimp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 30, 2016
Hello there,

Hope this is relevant, just wanted to share a 25% discount offer on what I think is a great Wordpress theme: Divi 3. You can easily make great looking sites with a high level of customization with it, and with little to no coding knowledge (the theme has a great visual editor). You can make the websites for yourself or for clients; there are even plugins that let you white-label the page.

Here's the link (there are about 3 days remaining for the offer):

https://www.elegantthemes.com/discount/cyber-monday-2016/

(Just in case: I'm not an affiliate, just wanted to share the offer. I bought it and am liking it so I thought someone else just starting like myself might find it useful here, cheers.)
Bought the foundry theme for $10. Even better that $10 was from a visa gift card I randomly found in my house :0 Making my first site right now as a portfolio piece!

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
N0KeP1.jpg

You know a thread is good when your own dad sends a link to the forum you are on yourself LMAO

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
N0KeP1.jpg

You know a thread is good when your own dad sends a link to the forum you are on yourself LMAO

Haha! "Hey son you should try this website construction thing all the kids are doing nowadays"

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
If anyone wants to see the massive gap between the people who understand "fast lane", and wantrepreneur types ; go read the replies to Fox's post on the r/entrepreneur subreddit. Some of the responses are absolutely ludicrous.

He even got berated in a separate thread - all for trying to inspire and hand out value on his own time.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
If anyone wants to see the massive gap between the people who understand "fast lane", and wantrepreneur types ; go read the replies to Fox's post on the r/entrepreneur subreddit. Some of the responses are absolutely ludicrous.

He even got berated in a separate thread - all for trying to inspire and hand out value on his own time.

LOL ya it was a funny experience.

I have always noticed the crabs pulls the hardest when you are just starting to get out of the bucket. People will listen to Pat Flynn (who makes 200k+ a month from his educational system) or listen to Gary V (sells books, speeches, conferences etc) and never once criticize that they make money off what they do. I had a link to a Facebook group I wanted to promote and occasionally do teaching so "its all a scam".

I would ask for a link to that other thread but I really don't give a shit.

@samsara thanks for the rep!!!

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
Anyone making cold calls and *successfully* closing remotely? IE. totally different states nondriveable within an hour, different countries etc. I know people here are in diff countries/areas but want to know if you're having actual success/closes with cold calls remotely. And I mean completely cold, no contact or connection.

Maybe Fox has done that dozens of times already..

For those of us still working full time, this is sometimes necessary during the week especially if you're on the East Coast, get home call the West Coast, etc.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
LOL ya it was a funny experience.

I have always noticed the crabs pulls the hardest when you are just starting to get out of the bucket. People will listen to Pat Flynn (who makes 200k+ a month from his educational system) or listen to Gary V (sells books, speeches, conferences etc) and never once criticize that they make money off what they do. I had a link to a Facebook group I wanted to promote and occasionally do teaching so "its all a scam".

I would ask for a link to that other thread but I really don't give a shit.

@samsara thanks for the rep!!!

Honestly that sub had degraded into questions about t shirt drop shipping and inspirational quotes. Such a waste of time.

Literally anything if actual value gets degraded

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
There are some features like a job board, blog, news section etc that I run through WordPress but as far as databases and forums go its outside what I target.

I just noticed this bit, so you work on WordPress themes and customize them as well. Did you do that in the beginning, or you grew into that as well. I thought the process was to grab a HTML/CSS theme and customize them via code didn't realize you did WordPress as well. I've stayed away from wordpress at the moment, maybe I should give it an shot.

Chimp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 30, 2016
I just noticed this bit, so you work on WordPress themes and customize them as well. Did you do that in the beginning, or you grew into that as well. I thought the process was to grab a HTML/CSS theme and customize them via code didn't realize you did WordPress as well. I've stayed away from wordpress at the moment, maybe I should give it an shot.
he only uses wordpress for job board, blog, news section etc. because they're not static

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
he only uses wordpress for job board, blog, news section etc. because they're not static

Ok, bear with me here, my understanding is if you use wordpress it's going to take over your entire site. So he only uses it for sections? I understand blog because its easy to build that and have a system where the consumer can easily access the back end and write their posts with the wordpress ui and its fine if it controls the entire site. But news section and job board sounds like a small part of a bigger site so, maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

Mr.Donnerhuhn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Aug 2, 2015
Ok, bear with me here, my understanding is if you use wordpress it's going to take over your entire site. So he only uses it for sections? I understand blog because its easy to build that and have a system where the consumer can easily access the back end and write their posts with the wordpress ui and its fine if it controls the entire site. But news section and job board sounds like a small part of a bigger site so, maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

I can't speak for Fox, but I'll take a guess here:

If the business is a blogging business, or has key elements that are not static he'll use WordPress for the entire site. At least that's how I would play it.

Especially with most high-end WordPress themes it wouldn't be all that different, like the Variant HTML builder many modern WordPress themes have builders that work on the same click-drag and edit what you need format. The only difference is that if you need to hard code some element into the site you have to search through a jigsaw puzzle of php files to locate the actual code you're looking for.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Here is how it usually goes...

http://joincanada.com/

The News section is actually a sub folder into which Wordpress is installed. This part of the site the client can update. I don;t do it often though cause clients don't actually get much use out of this usually and it ends up being outdated.

In short is a sub folder with wordpress.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.