The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get clients as a web designer?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Rodrickee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 29, 2017
Brazil
Cold calling businesses that could benefit from a website (that's the strategy I'm currently using). I searched them on google maps and offered a free website since it's the first one I'm building. I'm still trying to close a deal through this method, haven't done enough calls yet (didn't even call 10 businesses so far).

Some people used craigslist, @UnrealCreative 's method is great to learn how to effectively search through craigslist classifieds:
NOTABLE! - How to ACTUALLY Get Freelance Work: What I learned after 3 months of beating my head against a wall

There's also @dmichaelmccann 's thread where he details his whole web design journey, he also used craigslist and facebook networking groups to get leads:
WEB SCHOOL - Growing A Web Design Business From Zero

Last edited:

stmorand

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 6, 2017
Metz, France
It depends on what you are looking for.

You could find experience on websites like fiverr (very low cost gig), 99design (competition where only the winner is getting paid) or upwork (freelance missions)... and many others!

If you already have a portfolio to convince a prospect to pay for your work, the best is definitely to go to some niche business events and find some people who needs someone like you. WebDesign business is very crowded and people have a lot of choice online. But let's take the case of a dog breeder, for example. He promotes his breed online (or should) and he doesn't necessarily have a well designed website. He may need to renew it. Wouldn't it be nice for him to meet a webdesigner in an event he likes going to ?

This will also have the advantage for you not to be stuck in one set of skills, and even sometime have fun!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Silver Silk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
May 10, 2017
Birmingham

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
When is your web school opening back up?

I should really make a marketplace post since I get this question a bit.

I shut down all the courses and went with a paid group instead. Every month we tackle different areas of web design and sales.
So this month we are looking at prospecting and breaking down some of the top resources we can find.

The focus is on getting really good at sales and also building a web design business in a way that it can scale and be independent of our time (as much as possible). I wanted to focus on a community rather than just a course.

If there is interest I will make a marketplace post that explains it a lot better.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.