The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get more 'premium' clients?

Marketing, social media, advertising

HJP

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jan 19, 2023
Hi,

Last year I started a web design company and it's been going pretty well.

I've had a couple dozen clients, plenty of 5 star reviews and all is well.

However I'd like to move to more 'premium' clients in the hopes of getting paid more per job, at the moment I am getting around £550 per job which is great, however if I am to take it full time and make the most of my time I'd need to start charging more around £1.5-2k.

Does anyone have any advice for tailoring outreach to target these big businesses and get conversions?

At the moment we use mail campaigns as our main source of lead generation.

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Hi,

However I'd like to move to more 'premium' clients in the hopes of getting paid more per job, at the moment I am getting around £550 per job which is great, however if I am to take it full time and make the most of my time I'd need to start charging more around £1.5-2k.

Does anyone have any advice for tailoring outreach to target these big businesses and get conversions?

Thank you

Check out Chris Do on Youtube. He's my recent favorite and runs a solid design studio doing a couple million a year. Not out-of-this world but he's only got a couple employees so highly profitable.

Beyond that, start targeting people who WOULD pay way more for web design.

It's funny how some people would only pay $500 for a website... others pay $100k or more... same website... similar designs... but it's worth more to one versus the other...

I like the question "if I could only get paid AFTER I get someone a result... who would be the perfect person to go after because I know they'll get a result..."

If you want it more spelled out: a website's only job is to sell a product... if they have lot of traffic already and are already selling a product... and by you redesigning their site... they sell MORE of their product... you've got someone who would pay much MUCH more for a website.

maxfv

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 28, 2023
UK
Hi G,

Focus on your branding overall and the self-image of your company.

You'll be able to charge 1.5 racks for your website IF they are sure it is worth it.

You can make it worth it by better branding and self-image of your company.

Think of it like this: Would you purchase a super fast car from a brokie look-a-like or a professionally suited guy?

It will be the same car but you will have a tinge to go with the better-looking guy because of his self-image, and you know there will be no problems with it.

It's the same with B2B.

I know companies that are charging 3 racks for a site.

There's no reason you can't pull off selling it for 1.5 racks.

You got this G.

- MAXFV

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
Hi,

Thank you
I sold my first site for £50, 2nd for £1.2k with about 600 in retainers paid (now finished), have a meeting on thrsuday for a site I'm looking to get 3k for. Target the right people

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.