The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Get Clients For Roof Cleaning

Marketing, social media, advertising

Krishanp_07

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 10, 2023
I took @Johnny boy ‘s advice and started a roof cleaning business.

I’ve tried Facebook ads and ringless voicemails but they both don’t work.

Should I try another method of finding clients or should I just do a different business?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

Should I try another method of finding clients or should I just do a different business?
I’m sure you executed it really well. I’m sure Facebook ads “don’t work”. I’m sure you didn’t just do a shit job and it’s not your fault.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England

Facebook ads do work. Send me your ad and I'll roast it for free and tell you where you went wrong.

Krishanp_07

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 10, 2023
Facebook ads do work. Send me your ad and I'll roast it for free and tell you where you went wrong.
This is what I have so far, I just have my page paused for now.

Attachments

• IMG_1810.jpeg
    IMG_1810.jpeg
    568.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1811.png
    IMG_1811.png
    734.6 KB · Views: 46

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
This is what I have so far, I just have my page paused for now.
Not enough to catch attention. Try this - edit prices etc or remove what you need.

ATTENTION (insert area) homeowners!

Dirty, mossy, unloved or rundown appearance of your roof and home exterior getting you down?

Did you know it can be restored to its former glory?

Well here at (insert company name), we've got a special offer to restore the condition of your property!

For a very limited time, we're giving away a 'Home Restoration Package' with every roof clean!

Click 'GET QUOTE' today to arrange a free quote for your roof clean and we will get you loving the rest of your property again, completely FREE!

Included with the roof clean, here's everything else you'll get too:

Window Cleaning (worth £20-£40) FREE
Gutter Clearing (worth £60-£100) FREE
Fascias & Soffits Wash (£120-£180) FREE

✅ We'll also knock 30% off a Full Driveway Pressure Clean!

AND we'll make sure to fully clean & tidy up before we leave! ✅

Click 'GET QUOTE' to enter your name, number and email and we'll reach out to arrange your free quote!

With our special damage free tools and expert team, we make sure your home stays damage-free whilst restoring it to its former glory!

Let's get you loving your home again!

Click 'GET QUOTE' now to claim your limited time offer!

Our last offer was booked up months in advance!

And we only have a limited number of slots available, so it really is first come, first serve!

Don't miss out on this one! Click 'Get Quote' now! *T&C’s Apply*

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
or

Attention Homeowners in the (insert area)!

Is your roof covered in moss and your gutters clogged? With winter coming to an end, now is the perfect time to give your home the care it deserves!

As the owner of (insert company name), I have an exciting promotion this month that I can't wait to share with you!

For a limited time, receive a (valued at £150-£200), a (valued at £200-300), and a (valued up to £60) with every roof cleaning!

Our team at (insert company name) has received many positive 5-star reviews on Facebook and Google, thanks to our years of experience and outstanding customer service.

To claim your free quote and complimentary call back from our team, simply fill out the short form below.

Don't wait too long! Limited availability means our spots are filling up fast. Act now by clicking 'GET OFFER' and arranging your call back today!

Trust us, you won't want to miss out on this incredible deal!

Dockid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Aug 23, 2022
Have you tried Google Ads?

Go on Semrush and make a free account. Go to keyword explorer and search 'Roof cleaning [your area]', 'Gutter cleaning [your area]' , 'Window cleaning [your area]' & 'Moss removal [your area].

Check the search volume for those keywords and you will know if people are actively looking for your services. If there is a interest, run some Google Ads.

Include the search term that triggered the ad in the ad title and on your landing page. You should start getting plenty of calls.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
or

Attention Homeowners in the (insert area)!

Is your roof covered in moss and your gutters clogged? With winter coming to an end, now is the perfect time to give your home the care it deserves!

As the owner of (insert company name), I have an exciting promotion this month that I can't wait to share with you!

For a limited time, receive a (valued at £150-£200), a (valued at £200-300), and a (valued up to £60) with every roof cleaning!

Our team at (insert company name) has received many positive 5-star reviews on Facebook and Google, thanks to our years of experience and outstanding customer service.

To claim your free quote and complimentary call back from our team, simply fill out the short form below.

Don't wait too long! Limited availability means our spots are filling up fast. Act now by clicking 'GET OFFER' and arranging your call back today!

Trust us, you won't want to miss out on this incredible deal!

Pure gold. Saw this and had to take action. Switched up the words a bit to run it for car detailing and now I'm getting messenger leads for $7 each.

The ad is running great but the only problem is converting these leads.
I've had 8 people interested (15 leads total) and they all ghosted me.

1688364093278.png

1688364149761.png

1688364229303.png
1688364285889.png

I tried switching up my messaging tactics a bit to see what works but nothing has worked yet.

I would guess that my problem is caused by either:
my offer is not good enough - people still msg that they're interested so probably not
2. facebook leads quality is just shit - doubt it. if that were the case no one would run fb ads
3. messenger isnt a good way to close since its easy to ghost -tried fb form leads too and most lead phone numbers were fake

Where do you think im messing up on closing these people? How can I get that conversion rate up?

Anyone feel free to give your 2c if you have any ideas.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Pure gold. Saw this and had to take action. Switched up the words a bit to run it for car detailing and now I'm getting messenger leads for $7 each.

View attachment 49858

View attachment 49859

View attachment 49861
View attachment 49862

I tried switching up my messaging tactics a bit to see what works but nothing has worked yet.

my offer is not good enough - people still msg that they're interested so probably not
2. facebook leads quality is just shit - doubt it. if that were the case no one would run fb ads
3. messenger isnt a good way to close since its easy to ghost -tried fb form leads too and most lead phone numbers were fake

Where do you think im messing up on closing these people? How can I get that conversion rate up?

How quickly are you following up?

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
I'm in cleaning groups nearly every day on Facebook and see posts like this everyday.

When I started my cleaning business I used to walk around neighborhoods for hours passing out flyers. Flyers do work. You can't get those cheap flimsy things. Get a design made on Fiverr and get 1000s printed with good material.

You should also have a website, a good one that looks professional and represents your brand. If you don't have that then have your social media setup. People like to find out more information about a company before hiring them. They'll type your name into Google and do some research. Make sure something pops up when they do.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

View attachment 49858

View attachment 49859

View attachment 49861
View attachment 49862

Why are you spelling tomorrow tmrw? I’d feel like I’m hiring a 15 year old kid.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston

View attachment 49858

View attachment 49859

View attachment 49861
View attachment 49862

Maybe your problem is caused by 1, 2, or 3, but you should be focusing on what you can control - which in this case, is your conversation and closing.

It's weak and has cost you any opportunities you did have of getting the sale.

If someone has already signaled interest, you should be asking them what day, their address, and their preferred payment method - not f*cking around with "how can we help" and "we will assist you shortly" like you're a Comcast customer service rep.

"Hey Karthik, how's it going? You're looking to book our special $199 car detailing, right?"

- Yes

"Great, what's your address?"

"We can swing by on (day, general time). Credit card, check, what works best for you?

That's a very basic outline but you're probably just better off getting a phone number ASAP and closing that way, using the same approach to the convo.

"Hey Karthik, how's it going? You're looking to book our special $199 car detailing, right?"

- Yes

"Great, what's your phone number, we'll give you a call to set it up this week"

ronit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 26, 2023
Maybe your problem is caused by 1, 2, or 3, but you should be focusing on what you can control - which in this case, is your conversation and closing.

If someone has already signaled interest, you should be asking them what day, their address, and their preferred payment method - not f*cking around with "how can we help" and "we will assist you shortly" like you're a Comcast customer service rep.

- Yes

"We can swing by on (day, general time). Credit card, check, what works best for you?

That's a very basic outline but you're probably just better off getting a phone number ASAP and closing that way, using the same approach to the convo.

- Yes

Yaa with the leads he got was one step closer but failed on the execution part, try working with phone calls and make them feel genuine, this post is excellent example and try having social and flyer ads ,if this doesn't work than maybe its your area thats not suited to the service u offering or someone else is doing for them with better service than yours

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

View attachment 49858

View attachment 49859

View attachment 49861
View attachment 49862

In the first hour they text me. Instantly for some if I’m already on my phone when they message. Even tried waiting a bit.

Then saying "We will assist you shortly" is a lie. That's a total turn off, so turn off that automation.

And like other people said, try and get the phone number as quickly as possible and close via text.

Reply faster.

Right now it's like you're going fishing, you caught a fish on the hook, and you're forgetting the reel them in when you have them. So they're off the hook and swim away...

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Why are you spelling tomorrow tmrw? I’d feel like I’m hiring a 15 year old kid.

- Yes

- Yes

Then saying "We will assist you shortly" is a lie. That's a total Turn off, so turn off that automation.

And like other people said, try and get the phone number as quickly as possible and close via text.

Reply faster.

Right now it's like you're going fishing, you caught a fish on the hook, and you're forgetting the real them in when you have them. So they're off the hook and swim away...

Thanks everyone. Closed this guy right when I woke up still laying in bed;)

Attachments

• DB52D05F-8A53-440D-98C4-1B2F5782E4F1.jpeg
    DB52D05F-8A53-440D-98C4-1B2F5782E4F1.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 18

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
In the first hour they text me. Instantly for some if I’m already on my phone when they message. Even tried waiting a bit.
Thats part of the game, you'll get lots of people responding and ghosting.

Sometimes I call them out, they'll respond to the ad and then say no thanks, and I'll respond why the hell did you respond then?

Although I probably shouldn't!

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Sometimes I call them out, they'll respond to the ad and then say no thanks, and I'll respond why the hell did you respond then?

Although I probably shouldn't!
I get you lol. I am world famous for disciplining people whom I find to be rude or impolite in sales :rofl:

One time I got a guy who kept asking me to send him case studies, and I pointed him to our website, and he kept insisting that he wants a specific one, bla bla, I told him to look there, he kept insisting that he doesn’t see one relevant for him (which was false, he didn’t even look properly), so I got pissed off and told him I’ll end the call because I don’t work with losers who don’t do their homework.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Nah F*ck this shit.

Past 3 days, $600 WORTH OF JOBS THAT CANCELLED ON ME!

One guy even cancelled on me right when I got to his house:humph:

Facebook has the shittiest lead quality for car detailing. Oven cleaning leads from fb were great back in the day but car detailing I think I’d get better leads going H2H (homeless person to homeless person) than running Fb ads

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Nah F*ck this shit.

Past 3 days, $600 WORTH OF JOBS THAT CANCELLED ON ME!

One guy even cancelled on me right when I got to his house:humph:

Facebook has the shittiest lead quality for car detailing. Oven cleaning leads from fb were great back in the day but car detailing I think I’d get better leads going H2H (homeless person to homeless person) than running Fb ads
Do you send reminders a few days and then a few hours before turning up?

Nightwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Mar 15, 2023
Reminder day before and before I left in the morning. He gave confirmation and then when I showed up he said he has someone cheaper
Even I booked a meeting with a lead and when I called before going over, he said he is too busy for a website at the moment and I haven't heard from him since. This sucks!

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Reminder day before and before I left in the morning. He gave confirmation and then when I showed up he said he has someone cheaper
Start taking small deposits. That will stop that immediately.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.