• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

WEB SCHOOL How to get clients as a web designer?

Discussion in 'Web Design as a Hustle' started by Darth Vein, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Darth Vein

Darth Vein New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $49
    This is for all freelance web designers, how do you get clients?

2. Rodrickee

Rodrickee New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $109
    Cold calling businesses that could benefit from a website (that's the strategy I'm currently using). I searched them on google maps and offered a free website since it's the first one I'm building. I'm still trying to close a deal through this method, haven't done enough calls yet (didn't even call 10 businesses so far).

Some people used craigslist, @UnrealCreative 's method is great to learn how to effectively search through craigslist classifieds:
    NOTABLE! - How to ACTUALLY Get Freelance Work: What I learned after 3 months of beating my head against a wall

There's also @dmichaelmccann 's thread where he details his whole web design journey, he also used craigslist and facebook networking groups to get leads:
    WEB SCHOOL - Growing A Web Design Business From Zero

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    UnrealCreative likes this.
  3. minivanman

minivanman Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,883
    Now that you are a web designer, you must now become a master at marketing. As with any type of business, the work of the business is the easy thing, it's getting the pesky customers that is the hard part most of the time.

4. stmorand

stmorand New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $97
    It depends on what you are looking for.

You could find experience on websites like fiverr (very low cost gig), 99design (competition where only the winner is getting paid) or upwork (freelance missions)... and many others!

If you already have a portfolio to convince a prospect to pay for your work, the best is definitely to go to some niche business events and find some people who needs someone like you. WebDesign business is very crowded and people have a lot of choice online. But let's take the case of a dog breeder, for example. He promotes his breed online (or should) and he doesn't necessarily have a well designed website. He may need to renew it. Wouldn't it be nice for him to meet a webdesigner in an event he likes going to ?

This will also have the advantage for you not to be stuck in one set of skills, and even sometime have fun!

Longinus likes this.
  5. UnrealCreative

UnrealCreative It's Only The Beginning. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $10,267
    Rodrickee, Silver Silk and Fox like this.
  6. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $84,411
    Smuggo likes this.
  7. Silver Silk

Silver Silk Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $755
  8. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $84,411
    I should really make a marketplace post since I get this question a bit.

I shut down all the courses and went with a paid group instead. Every month we tackle different areas of web design and sales.
    So this month we are looking at prospecting and breaking down some of the top resources we can find.

The focus is on getting really good at sales and also building a web design business in a way that it can scale and be independent of our time (as much as possible). I wanted to focus on a community rather than just a course.

If there is interest I will make a marketplace post that explains it a lot better.

Hijena1 and Silver Silk like this.
  9. Rodrickee

Rodrickee New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $109
    You're welcome man! Thank you for your notable thread.

10. mtb_fanatic

mtb_fanatic Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $214

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.