The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to "adjust" your wife accordingly

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
A lot of relationships have two different types of people - a saver and a spender. A written budget that you both agree on would help here. It does for my wife and me. If we both agree to spend 'x' on a certain category, then individual discussions over how much money we should spend for a cup of coffee (yes, we had a major argument over that at one point), don't happen very often.

In a budget, you both have to give in a little...and you do that in the abstract before you get into the heated discussion portion of a purchase. When you're actually buying carpet, you can say, 'we have enough in the budget for this nicer carpet, and I'd really like to get it.' She can say, 'ok, but I don't want to use up the whole budget for just the carpet, can we get this slightly cheaper one instead. Then you can say, 'ok, sounds good to me.'

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I skimmed the thread and there seemed to be some useful comments.

Don't use your own way of reasoning to persuade someone else, use theirs instead was my takeaway.

Meh, it could be landfill or it could be not, but OP agrees so in it goes.

Swam010

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 8, 2016
This thread should be called "How to adjust myself accordingly"

- Next time I'll use all the time I wasted making a chart to make the extra money and pay for the expensive carpet
REPS! I realize this now...
Thanks!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
?

This phrase springs to mind:

Read (and live by) @IceCreamKid's thread.

I do.

Enough already! I will start deleting your grammar nazi posts. It's ridiculous.

I refuse to take anyone who can't differentiate between "you're" and "your" or "they're", "their", and "there" seriously.

I'm sure people that people that read business propositions, such as Shark Tank judges, feel the same way.

Oh, we're on a internet forum? "How you do anything is how you do everything." I completely agree with @Andy Black. If a person slacks off when no one's watching, it tells a lot about that person's consistency and character.

Last edited:

Dinaa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
May 24, 2014
Ireland
You can't, and i can almost guarantee failure. Men for thousands of years have tried to convince women to think like them, 99% of these men have failed and will continue to do so for another thousand years. I wish you luck, your going to need it. Your logical mind prevents you from understanding an emotional mind.

And vice versa! Women for thousands of years have tried to convince men to think like them, 99% of these women have failed and will continue to do so for another thousand years. I do wish him luck too. He certainly needs it like you pointed out. logical minds prevent most people from understanding an emotional mind.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.