The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How has MJ ruined your life?

KrzyszWawrzyniak

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2017
Great Britain
This thread should've been removed straight away and the person who've started it banned, especially that Tanisha was banned before.
@MJ DeMarco , promote me for the fastlane forum moderator so I can make sure this and similar topics will land in it's place straight away - landfill, of course.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tanishatheangel

Bronze Contributor
Sep 22, 2017
life
Before everyone gets their pitch forks out (too late); look at intent rather than delivery.

I studied Communication, so maybe I process messages differently. All the OP has done is express her perception of time management before/after encountering MJ's work.

Attacking her for this is rather funny, considering a significant portion of posts on this forum express this exact message.

Her post is not "negative."
Do you realize how dull human communication would be without figures of speech?

It's like saying every thread on TFLF indicting "slowlane mentality," "action faking" etc is negative.
Sure, they might point out negative effects, but the ultimate goal isn't to be "negative."

She has expressed her appreciation of MJ in a slightly different way from most, with no perceivable malice.
Don't gang up on her because she hasn't done it your way.

thank you, this was one of the most encouraging posts i've received yet

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Subconscious incompetance
<--- Where this post falls
Conscious incompetance

Conscious competance

Subconscious competance

Coming to admit incompetence totally sucks
It is like "huh, how come I suck at this?"
But most annoyance, it stems from self.
From hitting into that sh*tstorm where your view of the world hits the fan and you gotta change or face humiliation and shame.
That place is HARD and it actually isn't even about business, it is about your belief you have worth in a place of confrontation and duplicity.

MJ is a good salesman, and connects a good universal concept to a simple and repeatable message, for a singular and clear purpose
Don't be a dope
Whatever you do, don't be a dope

But over time, I realised his books are built on a solid point and are executed very well, and it is better to FOLLOW AN EXAMPLE than ask a man to save your behind. So when I look at his advice I no longer see "don't be a dope" I see "unify your message" "execute with clarity" "have a goal for your audience".

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
well mj has pretty much ruined every area of my life, when my family is watching the superbowl i'm like that's 3 hours of your life that's wasted on people you will never know, when its the holiday season i'm watching all my friends and family max out their credit cards just so they can work the next year just to do it again, even when im at church (sorry God) we're just sitting their doing nothing, i know its spiritual and all but thats 2 hours we just sit and " i guess waste time???" i dont mean it offensively, when i'm at my grandmothers she and grandpa have worked saved and will never buy nothing nice not a single modern convience do they have, when peoples out black friday selling instead of seeing sales i see money taken out of my pocket to fund someone else's dreams, mj i'm sure there's other examples i could list, but you've totally wrecked my life and now i'm seeing all the wasted time that others are doing and saying " oh im just barely making it, WELL DUH IF YOU SIT THERE WATCHING THE SUPER BOWL you cant complain because that's your choice, why not be the one selling the tickets, sorry its just i think next month it comes up again and i'm seeing it from a new perspective i didnt have before

23b4476ee91c85790016770d4ae9f7ba.gif

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The title of this thread should be changed. A lot of these threads get indexed pretty quickly and who knows what may trigger someone's search result to show "How has MJ ruined your life?"

Maybe they clickbait to it and see its true intention, but others might take a negative view and move on without clicking. I doubt MJ wants that kind of reaction to his business.

Done

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
You after having finished the book
giphy.gif

Actually I believe a lot of us were already doing the above 1/4 through the book!
I got a pay raise a few days ago but I felt humiliated and disgusted instead.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Actually I believe a lot of us were already doing the above 1/4 through the book!
Why?
You don't like extra money for good capital? Even if it is just a couple of a bucks increase, you may never know where it comes handy...

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Why?
You don't like extra money for good capital? Even if it is just a couple of a bucks increase, you may never know where it comes handy...

Yup sure, the measly sum can provide me with additional capital for my day to day needs, but in terms of the long run, it's actually laughable when you think about it.

It's like what the book says, trade 5 days for 2, forced out of bed early in the morning, wasting 4 hours to and fro work in the commute daily, doing zombie work.....for a tiny raise. Heck, I didn't even get any bonuses last year lol

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Indeed, it was my reaction but then after i sat for 3 hours telling myself : the f*ck i'm going to do!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
This thread should've been removed straight away and the person who've started it banned, especially that Tanisha was banned before.
@MJ DeMarco , promote me for the fastlane forum moderator so I can make sure this and similar topics will land in it's place straight away - landfill, of course.
LOL. A good moderator would have known that MJ already knew she created a new account and posted in another thread that he was giving her some leeway.

Also, there really isn't anything wrong with this thread. Click-bait? Yes. However, it could have been a fun exercise in pointing out how differently you think now and how its affected your daily life.

KrzyszWawrzyniak

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2017
Great Britain
LOL. A good moderator would have known that MJ already knew she created a new account and posted in another thread that he was giving her some leeway.

Also, there really isn't anything wrong with this thread. Click-bait? Yes. However, it could have been a fun exercise in pointing out how differently you think now and how its affected your daily life.

Yes, you're right. There's nothing wrong with this thread; it's very educational.
Especially posts like this:

Imagine sitting next to her in the office... My head would explode. Literally.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
well mj has pretty much ruined every area of my life, when my family is watching the superbowl i'm like that's 3 hours of your life that's wasted on people you will never know, when its the holiday season i'm watching all my friends and family max out their credit cards just so they can work the next year just to do it again, even when im at church (sorry God) we're just sitting their doing nothing, i know its spiritual and all but thats 2 hours we just sit and " i guess waste time???" i dont mean it offensively, when i'm at my grandmothers she and grandpa have worked saved and will never buy nothing nice not a single modern convience do they have, when peoples out black friday selling instead of seeing sales i see money taken out of my pocket to fund someone else's dreams, mj i'm sure there's other examples i could list, but you've totally wrecked my life and now i'm seeing all the wasted time that others are doing and saying " oh im just barely making it, WELL DUH IF YOU SIT THERE WATCHING THE SUPER BOWL you cant complain because that's your choice, why not be the one selling the tickets, sorry its just i think next month it comes up again and i'm seeing it from a new perspective i didnt have before
Truthfully this sounds like you are complaining and in victim hood. I don't think he's ruined my life a bit. I entered the forum after reading his first book, which propelled me to joining. Gave me options, and gave me opportunities. As I elaborated before, I have grown, evolved, and it challenges me to reach my full potential. 100% best shot. While everyone around me may be still growing, evolving, and set an example, and as I stated before, I just shared resources with my son a long the way, and it rubbed off on him.

As someone one once stated to me back in 2010, people need me to raise the bar, be in joy, and set the example, because it gives them the idea, perhaps I should bed doing something differently.

And example of this would be some family members I observed all my life who were Entrepreneurs, and I watched them, observed their actions, and although we didn't have many conversations, they were teaching me to go the extra mile. While I've by passed their mindset, and probably will go further, I never complained watching them, while I watched movies, played video games, I still was listening, and observing. People get their when their meant too and ready.

I think naturally, once you're in the hustle and bustle of entrepreneurship, we feel like we're wasting time doing other things. I feel this all the time, but that's more about yourself not allowing yourself to breaks, and I'd work 24 hours a day every day If I'd allow myself. I also already did that in here, and ended up smacking my head, because I wasn't eating enough and the fitness aspect. So, while you're worried about what everyone else is doing, this is wasted time to me. It's not your responsibility, and not your business.

I'm not sure why you took the negative approach, or angle, but it sends the Victim message. I'm a victim because it ruined my life, and the herd isn't following along. I'm uncomfortable.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I put it back. I don't mind the thread title.

Someone's eyes are open and they can't see living the "old way".

I can see how this might be a problem for someone, especially if they are lazy, refuse to learn, and hold a full deck of victim cards.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
If it’s too painful to look at the world for what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i doubt that most people can really see things as they are, let alone doing something about it

that's why it is so easy to manipulate them at the society level

this is frightening how naive people are.

think on this thing as a metaphor :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI8AMRbqY6w

the only people i know who can see the whole picture in any area are rational types , INTJs in most cases.

in business : Jay Abraham,pope of marketing

eben pagan with his get altitude program and so on

get altitude.png

stuart goldsmith and his innercircle program

innercircle.jpg

in philosophy : Nietzsche

and leaders of secret societies behind the scenes who are almost all INTJs

quote : " Most members of the Illuminati are INTJ and INTP. INTJ (the Mastermind) "

by Adam Weishaupt

adam.jpg

most people are not wired to look at things like them

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
the only people i know who can see the whole picture in any area are rational types , INTJs in most cases.
Hey buddy! INFJ's see the Whole Picture. That's more the N I think more than the T.

D

Deleted50669

i doubt that most people can really see things as they are, let alone doing something about it

View attachment 17377

View attachment 17378

quote : " Most members of the Illuminati are INTJ and INTP. INTJ (the Mastermind) "

by Adam Weishaupt

View attachment 17379

Well I’m an INTP and I’m pretty sure I can see through the social engineering across the board. Don’t put too many eggs in the Myers-Briggs basket, it’s a woefully lacking personality construct. People often pigeon-hole themselves to perceived ability boundaries based on their MBT, this is foolish. There may be a likelihood factor (correlation between awareness of truth and INTP), but I doubt it’s a single make or break criterion.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

But man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic.

Notes From Underground

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
You know actually, sometimes I think to myself how much frustration I could have saved myself if I just worked a regular job, worked, came home, repeat throughout the week until the weekend came and I could enjoy my life. For a while I was doing that and everyone seemed proud of me, I was pretty much doing all that was expected of me. Maybe one day I could go to college or university and get a better job but that's only if I want.

And anytime those thoughts would come I'd just come here and be reminded that I'm a misfit who probably won't change.

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
how can anyone ruin something that is already ruined ?! you have read MJs books for a reason ,maybe because you were looking for more you were not satisfied,you knew something is wrong, something is missing ,whatever reason you have felt the urge to do it and that urge can never go away with ignorance, it would make your sweet pretended blinded life a living hell.
shortage of knowledge when your heart is seeking it is much much more painful than being enlightened with harsh truth, at least now you know and it's up to you to take action or not on that truth.

Tanishatheangel

Bronze Contributor
Sep 22, 2017
life

View attachment 17377

View attachment 17378

by Adam Weishaupt

View attachment 17379

what is the name of that film its scarily accurate and so true in awakening us from the unscripted

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

Yea I disagree with renaming the thread. This isn't Nazi Germany lol

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
He made me a better entrepreneur. It was terrible.

Also, I didn't win his Fantasy Football league. WTF :rage:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007