The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you become wealthy?

cawr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Dec 24, 2015
It started with that question. I dove in head first learning all about it. It's been a process of breaking the habit of running on autopilot and becoming self-aware. I've always reacted instead of acting.

Bullshitting with a co-worker about finances, I stumble out my first goal is to have a million dollar net worth by 8 years. Co-worker says bullshit, I say i'll prove you wrong.

A goal in the right direction instead of goals of parasitic assets.

It's my time to take action and to take control of my life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CMA

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 3, 2014
I like the goal of a million dollar net worth in 8 years, but you need to give us some specifics.

How are you going to get there? How will you take control of your life? How will you take action?

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
Read the book...

I feel like you are heading in the right direction for the wrong reason. You should switch your mindset from profit to purpose.

Lets fast forward 8 years, lets say you made 1 million dollars.. Now what? You could buy whatever you want, but what you'll come to realize is that you will lack that sense of fulfillment. All those nice things won't improve your quality of life deep down at your core.

Rather than looking at how can I make a million dollars, you got to put the money aside and look at what's going on in the world and think "how can I make this easier for everyone. How can I make this person's life easier." When you're making people's lives easier, you will come to find you made a lot more money than when you were just doing something cause you thought it'd make you a lot of money. Also, you will feel a lot better as a person than just seeing everyone as dollar signs. People sense that a mile away and shy away from doing business with you, whether it be through words on a computer screen or in person. This has happened to me before and it gave me a huge realization of how bad my mindset was.

I'm not saying it won't be tough and money has nothing to do with it, of course it does. You gotta feed yourself, but nobody cares about you making a million dollars, nobody cares about feeding you, they only care about them.
You're going to hate your life at times and it's a lot of work. But in the end, you will get more of a sense of accomplishment because you benefited more than just yourself.

relentlessaction

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Dec 18, 2015
$1 million is far from wealthy. I wouldn't even declare it as rich. Well off but not rich or wealthy. $5 mill well off. $10-30 million is rich if you don't spend a lot. Rich is $70-300million IMO. Wealthy is 500 million to Billions.

It's possible but it's hard to get there.

Winners make it happen.

Start small then make more.

Slowly but surely.

You'll need to offer value to thousands, millions of people. To exchange that value for millions of dollars in cash.

Now, your job is to create that value and reach those thousands and millions of people.

Draven Grey

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Oct 21, 2014
Denver, CO
What would happen instead, if you focused on adding so much value to others that proof of your value was shown, in part, by at least $1M in net worth? Focus on the money and you'll not only fall short, but miss the point. Stating you'll make X amount by Y date doesn't make it a goal. Stating how you plan to do it might be. Stating how much and what type of value you'll add, and by a specific date, will actually give you something to work on.

cawr

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Dec 24, 2015
I like the goal of a million dollar net worth in 8 years, but you need to give us some specifics.

How are you going to get there? How will you take control of your life? How will you take action?

-Going to get there
short term
- job to pay the bills while going to college
- use Montgomery GI Bill (business related)

long term
--real estate(landlording),
--starting businesses(in demand,niche)
--buying businesses(that are struggling or retirement)

How will I take control of life
- Cutting the bullshit from my life
- Stop trying to make everyone happy
-Make goals, planning
-Stop getting taken advantage of

Read the book...

I feel like you are heading in the right direction for the wrong reason. You should switch your mindset from profit to purpose.

Lets fast forward 8 years, lets say you made 1 million dollars.. Now what? You could buy whatever you want, but what you'll come to realize is that you will lack that sense of fulfillment. All those nice things won't improve your quality of life deep down at your core.

Rather than looking at how can I make a million dollars, you got to put the money aside and look at what's going on in the world and think "how can I make this easier for everyone. How can I make this person's life easier." When you're making people's lives easier, you will come to find you made a lot more money than when you were just doing something cause you thought it'd make you a lot of money. Also, you will feel a lot better as a person than just seeing everyone as dollar signs. People sense that a mile away and shy away from doing business with you, whether it be through words on a computer screen or in person. This has happened to me before and it gave me a huge realization of how bad my mindset was.

I'm not saying it won't be tough and money has nothing to do with it, of course it does. You gotta feed yourself, but nobody cares about you making a million dollars, nobody cares about feeding you, they only care about them.
You're going to hate your life at times and it's a lot of work. But in the end, you will get more of a sense of accomplishment because you benefited more than just yourself.

I see the big picture, i just need to put the pieces together.
It was a lofty goal of a sidewalk minded me before I read the book.

I meet my goal, I keep grinding away. Continue to automate as I go, and expand.

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
I see the big picture, i just need to put the pieces together.
It was a lofty goal of a sidewalk minded me before I read the book.

I meet my goal, I keep grinding away. Continue to automate as I go, and expand.

You say that, but what you're actually writing on here gives off another vibe to me.

Best of luck on your endeavors.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...