The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi, why so many one post drive bys?

Why do so many join to then never be seen again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Now I first want to say - I don't want to pump myself up at all in this. I just want to be a regular member. One look at the "I've read the millionaires fastlane" thread and theres so many people with one post amping themselves up, "I'm gonna change my life" & "lets do a competition for who can make $1,000,000 in a year". Yikes . Gonna do a poll here, I have my thoughts on why people just join then ghost, but I want to hear from you guys.

I'm a chemistry student from the UK, but really I should be doing business. I read the fastlane about a year ago & I'd say its done me well with kickstarting entrepreneurship. However I'm now finding it hard to meet people who don't just make excuses all the time or care about their direction.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
1. Low self-esteem (overestimate risk -> no action-taking -> no small wins -> big wins remain a dream),
2. Comfort (no FTE),
3. Lack of personal planning (not taking 100% self-responsibility)
4. Lack of intelligience and grit (you can lack one, but not both)

Welcome, by the way!

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
1. Low self-esteem (overestimate risk -> no action-taking -> no small wins -> big wins remain a dream),
2. Comfort (no FTE),
3. Lack of personal planning (not taking 100% self-responsibility)
4. Lack of intelligience and grit (you can lack one, but not both)

Welcome, by the way!
The first one is an interesting one, probably have hit it on the head. Small wins are underrated.

But the intelligence bit? Theres people I've met that are intellegent but dont really want to work at it.

Cheers for the welcome :)

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
joining a forum and actually contributing on it are two different things, but one of them can only be done if you do the other first.

most people: never see the forum
a lot of people: see the forum and don't signup
some people: join the forum
a little bit of people: participate on the forum
a very small amount of people: offer a lot of value and regularly participate on the forum

everything is a funnel shape. That's how a lot of things work.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Because making 1 post and making bold declarations is an EVENT.

It takes seconds.

Changing your life, visiting the forum daily and learning new things, changing your mind, is a PROCESS.

It takes weeks, months, and years.

Humans, by default, will always seek the path of least resistance. And starting new habit that can change your life is the path of MOST resistance. This goes for anything, eating right, working out, losing weight, learning a new skill, and of course, visiting a forum or any resource regularly.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Because it's hard being an entrepreneur. You need discipline and commitment.

It's scary not having the security of a paycheck. It's hard to bet all your time and energy on something where you don't even know if it's going to work.

It's hard to be at the library or at the gym on a Friday night while everyone is partying and having fun.

Get a gym membership, get a library card, eat right and work at it everyday. Cut out anything that isn't improving your life.

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
People are people the behavior you see here just mimics what is in real life.

Weight loss, learn a language, one day do i'm going to do this etc... Pick anything that requires time, and effort.

People like to talk, Change takes action, consistent effort, overcoming setbacks, persistence.

You'll see it more n more, and understand to say less and less trying to help people. Because the ones that really want it, will ask, or figure it out themselves.

simply_ravishing

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Nov 12, 2022
some of these guy, easterners specially, i think they believe in that manifesting, speak it into the universe bs
think they also overhype it, like... it's just money... and we're just here talking about it, not a big deal as you think

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Now I first want to say - I don't want to pump myself up at all in this. I just want to be a regular member. One look at the "I've read the millionaires fastlane" thread and theres so many people with one post amping themselves up, "I'm gonna change my life" & "lets do a competition for who can make $1,000,000 in a year". Yikes . Gonna do a poll here, I have my thoughts on why people just join then ghost, but I want to hear from you guys.

I'm a chemistry student from the UK, but really I should be doing business. I read the fastlane about a year ago & I'd say its done me well with kickstarting entrepreneurship. However I'm now finding it hard to meet people who don't just make excuses all the time or care about their direction.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.
Same reason why gyms are busiest right after new year resolutions are made … and promptly are empty again.

As @MJ DeMarco posted above, event vs process…

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Cognitive Dissonance - They post an intro or a bold statement. Once they declare their bold claims, they realize that it actually takes real action which they are not willing to do. They realize the FLF is not about fake BS and people realize they will only get respect for true action and real success(do you see anyone being praised for claiming they will be a millionaire by age 21? No. Those posts are usually met with crickets because no one is impressed). The cognitive dissonance comes in when they look at the reality of becoming a successful entrepreneur and what they are willing to do. They recognize these two things don't line up.

Only a certain population of people are willing to look at their life and recognize it needs to drastically change if they want to make a positive impact on not only their own life but on those around them.

a little bit of people: participate on the forum
a very small amount of people: offer a lot of value and regularly participate on the forum
Those who participate on the forums tend to be the ones who have not been successful(yet) but are on their entrepreneurial journey where they are in the learning process or they are currently taking action, but have not seen serious success yet.

Those who offer a lot of value tend to be those who have made it out to the other side. They are either running a successful business or have exited their business and are generous enough to share the valuable information they know so those who come after them don't have to make quite as many mistakes before succeeding.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022
Same reason why most people fail at everything they "try" to do. Lack of commitment.

Anyone can start a business. Anyone can go to the gym for a month. Anyone can start learning a new skill. But due to the lack of discipline, commitment, and process-driven execution, the success rate of those endeavors is abysmally low.

Also, it's a very unwise thing to start making grandiose posts and brag about your megalomaniac goals. The more you pat yourself on your back for what you will do *sometime* in the future, the lower your changes of success. When you do that you are literarily telling your brain that you've made a lot of progress and that no more effort is required.

I believe that one of the key skills for success in business (and in life) is the ability to shut up and work.

Abdullah Cader

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Oct 30, 2022
Well, in my case I usually just read discussions, I do think I should reply more and start threads however its exam week in my school and I have no time with studies, but usually I like posts I find helpful. Starting conversations kind of makes it feel like I have a duty to comeback and see if there's a reply and if i keep coming back ill be wasting time. Not saying that information on this forum isn't helpful.

adiakritos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 30, 2011
Probably because there’s a drive there but a lack of definite intention. Basically they are flakes. Also, just because they leave the forum doesn’t mean they stopped trying. Lack of a clear thread of support from their perspective is one. It’s much easier to jump on a specific bandwagon such as “want to make money doing X? Start here.” There’s also the barrier of knowing who to listen to. Forum contribution ratings isn’t a reliable indicator of someone who knows how to do what you’re trying to do IMO. You have to dig to find someone’s story was validated if it was.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Thanks for all the responses guys, I appreciate it.
Because the ones that really want it, will ask, or figure it out themselves.

Agree with this entirely. Lots of people dont care to ask questions, and when you do some people joke about it. Is a loser mentality really.

some of these guy, easterners specially, i think they believe in that manifesting, speak it into the universe bs
think they also overhype it, like... it's just money... and we're just here talking about it, not a big deal as you think
This made me chuckle - reminds me of Think and Grow Rich. The book has some cool concepts but when you find out the author was notorious for self help seminar scamming it just makes you roll your eyes.

Same reason why gyms are busiest right after new year resolutions are made … and promptly are empty again.
This also makes me laugh & kinda depressed. I do wonder how many people I've come across that go there a couple times & never again.

Funny enough I got asked today "how do you end up going four times to the gym a week?" I was baffled by this. How do you not find time to go to the gym?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Many love the forum and would love to participate more but feel they don't have value to add yet.
Dead ringer. I stopped making YouTube Videos because I felt I didnt have the experience to add value to people's lives. I still reason this today - I'm overcoming this now.

Thank you for the links, I've read them & I like the links that lead on from it too.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

Abdullah Cader

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Oct 30, 2022
This also makes me laugh & kinda depressed. I do wonder how many people I've come across that go there a couple times & never again.
From what I've seen its quite a lot, but I try to help them stay consistent by giving them a reason and showing why its good to show up, I've made lots of friends and I try to get them to come whenever they can, sadly I have limitations so I can't retain everyone but so far i've got 25 people to come consistently and we've all improved as a collective, it makes me happy to see them prosper yk.

I hope to stay consistent with my business, I've started a new one but I'll discuss it when I finish my exams.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Sadly I have limitations so I can't retain everyone but so far i've got 25 people to come consistently and we've all improved as a collective, it makes me happy to see them prosper yk.
Impressive, I cant say the same, only have one person I've done it with. Far too many people just dont prioritise it and just eat microwave meals instead.
I hope to stay consistent with my business, I've started a new one but I'll discuss it when I finish my exams.

Mate you may as as well say the business, I've seen you teasing it elsewhere. If you're on here you're obviously not revising.

Abdullah Cader

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Oct 30, 2022
Impressive, I cant say the same, only have one person I've done it with. Far too many people just dont prioritise it and just eat microwave meals instead.

Mate you may as as well say the business, I've seen you teasing it elsewhere. If you're on here you're obviously not revising.
ah thanks, meal prep isn't that hard if they enjoy cooking, and have the discipline to not go on cheat days.

Also in my intro I spoke about an old business, I've given up on it and I'm starting a new venture which has better room to grow and frees my time, plus I usually come on here in my breaks haha cause I dont use social media so this is my substitute.

Abdullah Cader

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Oct 30, 2022
Mate you may as as well say the business
By the way, have you got on any ventures? If you wanna discuss I'd be glad to have someone to chat with on here, I won't be on consistently but I'll usually come on here if I'm not working or studying

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
By the way, have you got on any ventures?

So I run a student clothing business at the moment. It violates quite a few bits of the CENTS model but thats not the point. I've only done entrepreneurship & business properly for the past year - hence I'm using this first proper venture to find my footing.

I'm also looking into a couple gadets to do with chemistry. Theres lots of annoying shapes that you need to draw and stuff. Problem is that it also violates lots of the CENTS model.

Damien C

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Mar 19, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I've found it's often people who don't contribute and hold back that have the most to offer. Workplaces and all walks of life are full of hot air blowers with nothing to back up their claims and statements. So if one is reading this and lurking, perhaps they should take the plunge, sign up and jump in?

Forums are also kind of old school, which is a shame. I like them. I frequented many forums circa 2006 and the community feel was so different to the modern social media landscape set up we have today. Now it's all about character limits, super short form content, likes, subscribes and "look at me" posts which to me is all just BS.

People also have a greater tendency to self censor and speak their mind less. They fear confrontation, conflict and backlash / being "cancelled" and I suppose it's a valid fear given a single post can quickly see an angry online mob turn on you and destroy decades of work!

It's also hard to maintain consistency with anything because of the sheet volume of choices we all now have. We're all a little scatterbrained. How many tabs do we all have open in our browser right now? I bet it's more than one

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
You know why? Because they read Unscripted/TMF, got amped and hyped up by the infinite possibilities, then started having wild dreams of their business going viral and becoming multi-millionaires within 3 months, then going into the car dealer to test-drive their Bugatti La Voiture Noire while talking down to the salesperson. Life becomes perfect and awesome, they feel like they're on top of the world, they can conquer anything. The Unscripted/TMF hype courses through their veins and they feel powerful and motivated enough to make a post here, such as "Ready to change my life NOW", "It's now or never" and "Start my FastLane journey to a life of riches".

.....then reality sets in, and they realize they need to wake up next morning at 6.45 am to prepare for a long day of work.
It's more comfortable facing and living in the comfortable known life, then to actually take action and living in the uncomfortable, unknown life.

A few weeks later, they pick up a new book to get hyped up again, and the cycle continues until they're old and feeble, with zero energy left to hustle. At that point, they give up and resign themselves to fate, wash their bodies clean, comb their hair for one last final time.....to meet Jesus, who will then say "I never knew you, depart from me" (Matthew 7:21-23) to them.

Abdullah Cader

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Oct 30, 2022
So I run a student clothing business at the moment. It violates quite a few bits of the CENTS model but thats not the point. I've only done entrepreneurship & business properly for the past year - hence I'm using this first proper venture to find my footing.

I'm also looking into a couple gadets to do with chemistry. Theres lots of annoying shapes that you need to draw and stuff. Problem is that it also violates lots of the CENTS model.
Oh thats interesting, and same here I've been in for an year or so but apart from the millionare fastlane Alex hormozi's book taught me quite a bit about it, (unrelated) I prefer not to buy any courses but I watch which techniques people use to market it to people, and I've uncovered a lot of helpful info. Good luck with your business journey man.
'100m offers' is Alex's book, its pretty helpful when picking markets or figuring out demand and sales

Last edited:

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
A few weeks later, they pick up a new book to get hyped up again, and the cycle continues until they're old and feeble, with zero energy left to hustle.
I was literally talking to someone who does this. He announced he had an idea to me, I told him to start it and 4 months later he has done nothing. But, he's read a book on agriculture being the next big thing. Oh my life.

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink or something like that.

I knew this woman at a previous workplace, she mentioned how she was tired of her job and how she wanted to get out of customer support and become a software developer because she thoufght our working conditions were better(they were but that is not the point).

I took time out of my day and explained to her that she did not need to go back to college/university but she could during her spare time become qualified to get such a job by following the completely free curriculum from Free Code camp.

This curriculum can take up to 6 to 12 months to complete but many people find jobs before they even finish it (myself included).

Anyway, once I told her that, I decided that I had done my part and told her she could come to see me if she had questions.

After a few months, I asked her if she had started the curriculum and she told me that she hadn't because of different things.
A few more moths passed, and it was the same story. Mind you I personally did not care if she did or did not follow the curriculum.

About a year later, she was still in customer support and I left for a better position at another company. That did not stop her from bragging in the lunch room that one day, she will be a developer and make the big bucks...

My point is some people don't take action, and you can't force them. It is a mindset shift that is needed but that comes from within and the motivation to keep going has to come from the person.

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
I haven't opened this forum in a month, and I feel that this thread is somewhat directed at me. You might noticed that I joined this forum back in April and I didn't really post much value, and you'll cringe when you look at my post history. I've been PMing people and just giving reactions more often.

Life's just been really hard. I failed too many exams at university. University is just different here. I blame myself for being a pussy, but throughout my life I was raised in a clean and developed area, while my campus is right next to a congested highway and a third-world slum, and I didn't know a single person there before going there. I underestimated it but I couldn't handle the noise and third-world littered sidewalks, and I'm probably pussying out. Even the air smelled different. I don't know about the west, but in here after having mandatory class from 8 to 4, they bombard students with assignments that take 3 hours to do for 5 days a week. The worst part is that staying at university felt like straying further away from my 1/5/10 goals which is a huge motivation killer. I blame myself for being too scared to drop out months back. My social relationship in class have gotten toxic too, especially with the girls. There has been days when I skipped class because I didn't want the girls to greet me by screaming insults and making sexual jokes, and almost all of the guys are friends with those girls. I've made a few products/services that didn't sell. It's a very unorthodox event to commit but I think it's better for me to drop out and move back to my mom's even when I don't have any income/product yet.

Anyways enough of my venting. The point is IMO nobody is crazy, and there might be a chance that most people who "ghost" the forum just might be going through their first struggle and the best they can do is shut up and work, and come back when they overcame their first obstacle. I've also thought that money probably isn't the only solution to my goals, so I would disagree with some of the responses in this thread who just label them off as "action-fakers". I've also became somewhat skeptical of using the internet in general after one of my favourite YouTubers posted this. So I sort of feel bad everytime I log in here. So, I hope people wouldn't make fun of people who ghost the forum.

I appreciate that you started a discussion to poke at this problem. These type of threads might be important to newbies coming to this forum and the thread seems valuable for now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...