The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi from Arman

ArmanK

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 30, 2022
Hello fastlaners, first of all thank you for reading this. I think we can all agree that MJ has provided a gift or 3 that enables us to take full control of our lives.

I am 29 years old and live in Atlanta, GA. I currently work a salaried job in business development for a tech start up but I know that is not my ceiling.

My dad is an entrepreneur so I have witnessed first hand the benefits and struggles of being your own boss.

I have fallen for some of the common traps that are out there but I am grateful to have gotten those out of my system relatively early. My most recent attempt at entrepreneurship was running a facebook ad agency. It never took off but I think that was mainly due to me giving up too quickly.

But the main reason I am here is to learn from you all! I want to observe, think, contribute, and execute because of my interactions with you all.

Looking forward to starting this exciting journey!

Cheers,
Arman

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome Arman! You have an advantage over many being raised by an entrepreneur. You don't have to overcome mindset and family judgement taking this path.

There's a ton of great stuff you can learn in a BD job. Especially if sales and marketing are wrapped up under the BD group. Keep your eyes/ears open there.

There's also a ton of great stuff in this forum. So much that it can be overwhelming. Set aside some time and look through the GOLD and NOTABLE threads. When you find something that grabs your attention, read it in detail. Over time you'll learn a lot from what the gems that have been left here for us all.

• Banned

ArmanK

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 30, 2022
Welcome Arman! You have an advantage over many being raised by an entrepreneur. You don't have to overcome mindset and family judgement taking this path.

There's a ton of great stuff you can learn in a BD job. Especially if sales and marketing are wrapped up under the BD group. Keep your eyes/ears open there.

There's also a ton of great stuff in this forum. So much that it can be overwhelming. Set aside some time and look through the GOLD and NOTABLE threads. When you find something that grabs your attention, read it in detail. Over time you'll learn a lot from what the gems that have been left here for us all.
Thanks for the reply Ernman. I appreciate you sharing that with me.

Yes my BD role includes a combination of sales/marketing so I am grateful for that.

I definitely plan to dive in to some of the forum topics. I am hungry to learn!

One question for you - what has been the most counterintuitive thing you have learned from your time on the forum?

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
One question for you - what has been the most counterintuitive thing you have learned from your time on the forum?
An interesting question. I'm not really sure it is counterintuitive - but the realization that chasing money does NOT make you rich. I did it, many others have done/still do chase money. There are many examples on this forum of the futility of chasing money. Fastlane success and its associated wealth comes from providing value NOT chasing money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Banned

ArmanK

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Apr 30, 2022
An interesting question. I'm not really sure it is counterintuitive - but the realization that chasing money does NOT make you rich. I did it, many others have done/still do chase money. There are many examples on this forum of the futility of chasing money. Fastlane success and its associated wealth comes from providing value NOT chasing money.
I completely agree. I have had my fair share of money chasing as well. And I have about $6k in sunk costs to show for it.

The truth seems to be that the more you chase money the faster it runs away from you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...