The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey, I'm Samuli and I just started 3 new websites

Samuli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 29, 2012
Hello everyone,

I have been part of this community for a long time. I'm only 23 so I have been learning, practicing and absorbing tons of information from many of you more experienced and older guys and gals.

It's time to get serious now. I just finished my college degree and now aim to really run business because that's where my heart is.

I have 3 websites:
http://www.VahvaFitness.com - A fitness site for bodyweight and movement skills.
http://www.VahvaLifestyle.com - recipes, nutrition and lifestyle advice.

and my personal website where I talk about the challenges and obstacles I face while running a business.

http://www.SamuliTapio.com

I wish you all the best,

Samuli Tapio

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
They look well done, good job on launching. How much traffic are you seeing?

Samuli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 29, 2012
They look well done, good job on launching. How much traffic are you seeing?

This is only the fourth day. The first day of traffic was 500-600 page views for my personal site and Vahva Fitness, then it dropped down to 200-300. Now the page views are still 200-300. I think this is reasonable since it's only 4. day.

I tried $20 for facebook ads and it was a success, we got hundreds of likes in a short time and traffic is ok. Tried $20 for Reddit ads and it wasn't good at all ($0.35 cpc).

I am in the process of trying which tends to be the best advertising channel, trying adWords next and let's see how it goes. When we find the channel with the best results, we invest in a bit more.

Now the plan is just to produce tons of content. We aim to publish 1-2 articles every day for both Vahva sites, and then more videos on Youtube. I think SEO will love us soon, since our fitness niche is very good and unique.

I am learning about these things for the first time, so it is a good learning experience.

Thank you @themaxx, I think my sites are top 5% in terms of style and design. We have already gotten tons of feedback praising the design.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
I think SEO will love us soon, since our fitness niche is very good and unique.

What about your market? ;) SEO is only a tool to make sure you're playing nice with the search engines.

SenGracic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 12, 2015
Canada
Good work ! Nice designs and thumbs up for your personal website , I really like it.

Vahva for strong is Estonian , right ? ( I googled it haha )

Samuli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 29, 2012
What about your market? ;) SEO is only a tool to make sure you're playing nice with the search engines.

The market is growing and calisthenics and bodyweight training have become a HUGE thing during the past 3 years. Reddit has a community of 120 000 people learning these skills, and that's a lot.

There is tons of competition on YouTube because almost anyone can can make a video, but when it comes to detailed articles and SEO optimized sites, there are only a few. The best fitness guys (like my business partner) have no idea about web design or SEO, so it's good that they are meatheads :D.

Samuli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 29, 2012
Good work ! Nice designs and thumbs up for your personal website , I really like it.

Vahva for strong is Estonian , right ? ( I googled it haha )

Very close - it's Finnish, but because these languages are similar, it indeed means "strong" in both languages.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Great work @Samuli! It's awesome to see you out there taking action. How are the sales going for the online coaching? Is it something that you've found there to be a strong market for? How do you achieve keeping them accountable when you're not right in front of them (that's not a criticism, just interested!)

Panamera Turbo S

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 24, 2015
The websites are looking very good, but i can see that on the http://www.VahvaFitness.com you are selling products from the amazon using the amazon affiliate program. As Mj said, you must have control over the things you do. For example if tomorrow amazon decide to close your account you will have to search for something else, also you can't rise the prices if you want. Think instead of linking to affiliates website to actually create your own affiliate system. To sell your products or at least products that your purchased from somewhere else cheaper and sell them at a higher price.

Good look man !

Samuli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 29, 2012
Great work @Samuli! It's awesome to see you out there taking action. How are the sales going for the online coaching? Is it something that you've found there to be a strong market for? How do you achieve keeping them accountable when you're not right in front of them (that's not a criticism, just interested!)

No sales yet. We aren't expecting to make money for the first 1-6 months(this is what it takes to grow a website). The market is big and growing, and there is not too much competition compared to other fitness niches.

We expect the customer be accountable - if he or she is not, then it's her or his bad and there is nothing we can do about it.

The websites are looking very good, but i can see that on the http://www.VahvaFitness.com you are selling products from the amazon using the amazon affiliate program. As Mj said, you must have control over the things you do. For example if tomorrow amazon decide to close your account you will have to search for something else, also you can't rise the prices if you want. Think instead of linking to affiliates website to actually create your own affiliate system. To sell your products or at least products that your purchased from somewhere else cheaper and sell them at a higher price.

Good look man !

Thanks for the feedback. Affiliate links are only a small income stream. If Amazon is no longer any good, there are hundreds of websites that offer similar affiliate partnerships.

In the future, we plan to make the most money with our own info product, not amazon links or youtube ads. There is no way we will sell everything ourselves, so affiliate links are good for this purpose.

Samuli

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...