The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Michmuch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 3, 2017
Sandy, UT
Hello everyone! Hopefully my title got your attention. I'm starting a designer streetwear clothing brand. I planning to launch Season 1 in March of 2018. However, there are two very important things I need. I am in need of an online/downloadable design software to be able to have the designer for the clothing electronically. I am also in need of a t-shirt manufacturer (Season 1 only includes t-shirts), a total of 456 shirts to be exact. The manufacturer would ideally need to be in the US, if not Canada or possibly some other first-world country. The manufacturer needs to be reputable and have quality materials. I've have a difficult time finding any online. If any one can give me leads to a manufacturer or send me your contact information if you are a manufacturer that would be great!

Thank you all so much! Best of luck executing your path!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX

+1

And have you actually tried picking up the phone and calling suppliers? Looks to me like you can't even put in the easy work.

Michmuch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 3, 2017
Sandy, UT
About 9 or so months ago I started getting really into streetwear. About 2 months ago I decided that I wanted to add a new brand to the market. Streetwear is a multi-billion dollar industry, therefore I saw potential. I brought the idea first to my mom (a slowlaner) and my dad (a sidewalker). They both told me I was acting insane for thinking that I can make it happen. I then brought it up to my friends, who are all set on the "have to go to college and get a 9-5 job" mindset. I want to prove them all wrong. That anything I set my mind to, I can execute and make happen. That is why

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
About 9 or so months ago I started getting really into streetwear. About 2 months ago I decided that I wanted to add a new brand to the market. Streetwear is a multi-billion dollar industry, therefore I saw potential. I brought the idea first to my mom (a slowlaner) and my dad (a sidewalker). They both told me I was acting insane for thinking that I can make it happen. I then brought it up to my friends, who are all set on the "have to go to college and get a 9-5 job" mindset. I want to prove them all wrong. That anything I set my mind to, I can execute and make happen. That is why
Good mindset to have. But for it to mean anything, you need to match it with the necessary work ethic

I would recommend getting on google, facebook groups, reddit, and picking up the phone and finding that supplier. Trust me, they are out there supplying.

If you can't do that part on your own, well....

Good luck, man

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX

Never try and start a business to "prove something" to someone. Its wasted energy and in the end most people* really don't give a shit about you. You have every opportunity to make this work. Just because the industry makes multi-billions, is that your main reasoning for seeing potential? Oh this industry makes a lot so I better get into it kind of thing?

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Maybe if @Greg Rutkowski wants to, he can throw a little advice at you about fabric suppliers.

JSM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Nov 19, 2016
Why streetwear over a different business?
Is there really a NEED for another street wear brand? Yeah sure it’s a multi billion dollar industry but there are many other multi billion dollar industries out there where there are NEEDS and PROBLEMS to be solved.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
@Michmuch first thing is first...

upload_2017-12-7_20-34-59.png

Take a look at the highlighted above. I I I I I. ME ME ME. This Streetwear Brand sounds like it is all about you. That has to change.

How is your brand going to provide value or solve a problem?

You are going to get murdered if you go around asking for a t-shirt manufacturer. That is not the way this business is done unless you want to make $.01 per shirt. They will know you're a newb. Go and get some education on how the industry works.

You could buy already made shirts at wholesale and have them screen printed. Not ideal, but a good way to get your feet wet and not get slaughtered...

If you are designing your own style of t-shirt you have a whole slew of steps to take before even approaching a contractor. That is also why you haven't found any "t-shirt manufacturers." They are called sewing contractors or cut and sew contractors. Search this term on Google and Youtube and you will see what I am talking about.

Unfortunately you won't be getting any easy answers. It sounds like you may want to take a few steps back and reset yourself.

I'd start by taking a breathe, reading UNSCRIPTED , and go from there.

You will thank me later.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello everyone! Hopefully my title got your attention. I'm starting a designer streetwear clothing brand. I planning to launch Season 1 in March of 2018. However, there are two very important things I need. I am in need of an online/downloadable design software to be able to have the designer for the clothing electronically. I am also in need of a t-shirt manufacturer (Season 1 only includes t-shirts), a total of 456 shirts to be exact. The manufacturer would ideally need to be in the US, if not Canada or possibly some other first-world country. The manufacturer needs to be reputable and have quality materials. I've have a difficult time finding any online. If any one can give me leads to a manufacturer or send me your contact information if you are a manufacturer that would be great!

You can't find a tshirt manufacturer in the US? You have a long way to go in terms of effort.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
You can't find a tshirt manufacturer in the US? You have a long way to go in terms of effort.
Shit, they can't even find photo editing software. They're not even at point 0, they're not even on the grid.

You have a long way to go, @Michmuch...

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
80% sure he’s not coming back.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
I don't think we were too hard of him.This is the exact way I would like to be treated.

Sometimes people choose to be open and sometimes people choose to close themselves off when faced with things outside of their reality.

Just so everyone knows, please give me the third degree when I am wrong so I can be set right.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
You can make everything happen only if there's a powerful brand behind it. It has to define/represent a lifestyle, something that people are living..

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Damn you guys were way easier on him then i was gonna be.

Op, everything you're asking about can be found with a google search.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm amazed that people who call themselves entrepreneurs can't solve the most basic of problems.

Entrepreneurs are problem solvers.

Yes, this forum is for asking questions and solving problems.

But the forum should be deployed only AFTER you have done some initial research.

ASK BETTER QUESTIONS.

SHOW that you've put forth a minimal effort.

In this case, the better question to ask is...

I've identified 5 clothing manufacturers, 2 are in Pakistan, 1 in India, and 2 in the US. In your opinion, which should I chose? Here are their individual benefits....

@Michmuch first thing is first...

View attachment 17102

Take a look at the highlighted above. I I I I I. ME ME ME. This Streetwear Brand sounds like it is all about you. That has to change.

How is your brand going to provide value or solve a problem?

You are going to get murdered if you go around asking for a t-shirt manufacturer. That is not the way this business is done unless you want to make $.01 per shirt. They will know you're a newb. Go and get some education on how the industry works.

You could buy already made shirts at wholesale and have them screen printed. Not ideal, but a good way to get your feet wet and not get slaughtered...

If you are designing your style of t-shirt you have a whole slew of steps to take before even approaching a contractor. That is also why you haven't found any "t-shirt manufacturers." They are called sewing contractors or cut and sew contractors. Search this term on Google and Youtube and you will see what I am talking about.

Unfortunately you won't be getting any easy answers. It sounds like you may want to take a few steps back and reset yourself.

I'd start by taking a breathe, reading UNSCRIPTED , and go from there.

You will thank me later.

Featured+ Plus rep.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Damn you guys were way easier on him then i was gonna be.

Op, everything you're asking about can be found with a google search.
I prefer a phone call to people doing shirts....
But shirts are too much the norm. I prefer niche ones like health-related wear and sporting wear. They have more selling points based on necessity, or value skews.

ASK BETTER QUESTIONS.

SHOW that you've put forth a minimal effort.
This^^^^
more work put in means that there's a higher probability that you can get a good answer when you ask the question.
A good answer can change lives in a split second.

And if you put in the work, sometimes you may find out you might not need forum help after all lol.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
made my day.

Agreed tho.
Asking for the software..man, really?

That "why" was the most badass and shortest one-liner I've ever seen. Maybe I should find a way to incorporate that into dating lines.....

killa_graham

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Oct 25, 2014
Texas

I don't have any specific advice for your situation. But if you haven't heard of Christian Guzman you may want to look him up. Started a fitness clothing company from scratch and doing well with it now.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast

Potential is a hell of a lot harder to find than that. Walk down any strip, you'll find clothing brands that are struggling to pay the rent. If you can figure out how to solve a problem in the clothing industry, you'll have something. Otherwise, you're just selling sand in the desert.

Hopefully you embrace the truths in this thread. Stay with us awhile. Read, learn, then go change your life.

Zedd9165

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Dec 22, 2017
India
Everyone these days want to get into apparel industry since it has huge markups. But, the worst part of any business is finding the right manufacturer. The right manufacturer doesn't mean he or she having a good portfolio but it also means that he or she should take responsibility of your contract.

Usually, people get attracted to the huge markups but most people fail at running a clothing business. Make sure you read and study the market and the industry. Find a niche, see what you want to do from the perspective of a buy. This is the best thing you can do. After all, this, if you think there is a need for your product in the current market then you should write your business plan, do your SWOT analysis, make sure you have funds in the backup for your future (initial 6 months or so) endeavours.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
The painful thing about the apparel industry is the rate of returns though. It has the highest product return rate of any industry out there. From some stats I've seen, 35% - 50% is a norm.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.