The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Game of Thrones Season 8 Thread (SPOILERS)

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
The worst part is that the Night King was supposed to be the thing that put the War of the Five Kingdoms into perspective. Politics give way to an existential threat to the world.

But nope, that's all done. Literally all there is left to do is scuffle about who is going to be king for the next 20ish years, which--now that we've seen how high the stakes could have been--is really not that big of a deal. Also, Bran is basically useless now.
I heard someone say that it's like Star Wars if Darth Vader defects to the Light Side right at the beginning, and then they just spend the rest of the time chasing down Jabba the Hutt.

From now on, we just walk and talk, kill a few people, settle personal squabbles that don't really matter, and show a titty or two to keep people watching.

I wonder if the book's author will take all of this feedback into account before he finishes out his version of the story.
From the chapters he's leaked over the past few years, it does seem like things will be totally different in The Winds of Winter (fortunately!)

Overall, I did like watching the episode, it was fun eye candy... but it screws up the plot way too much.

And these Cleganes better damn well fight eachother!

Not Most People

"If everyone else is doing it, its probably wrong"
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 28, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
I know it's a bit late but this I just had to share this. Hilarious 2 minute watch
KFC Radio on Twitter - Game Of Thrones writers react to the reception of the Battle of Winterfell

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I want to see Brienne of Tarth going 1-on-1 with Zombie Mountain or else.

Connor

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jan 2, 2012
South Carolina
Well, at least we could actually see what was happening in this one. Definitely enjoyed the humor but felt a bit like a filler episode, which sucks when you only have two more to go!

Loved Bronn's sudden appearance. One of the best characters in the show for sure.

Shirkahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Oct 6, 2018
Connecticut
Well we are back to the same old routine....nothing was really surprising or mind numbingly shocking.

Or have I just become numb and expect too much.

Maybe I was expecting more....I do however hope it gets better and the end will be a real mind f@ck of WOW!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Dragon gettings shafted was the only Whoa! moment for me.

Tyrion tryna talk 1 on 1 with cersei was cool,

BUT they fuked it up.

Right after killing missandrei, they should have shot a volley of arrows into tyrion as he was turning around.

That would have been CRAZY! but of course it didn't happen.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Snooze fest filled with filler...

So many great things are getting anti-climatic demises, first 6 years of the Night King, defeated in 1 episode. ANother dragon killed by sheer stupidity. Why not fly the dragons at NIGHT and destroy Euron's fleet? Oh, that would be using your brain and constitute actual strategic thinking.

The writing in this season is terrible, like you can tell they're just trying to close up shop and go home.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
thats a good point about flying the dragons at night to destroy the fleet.
The more time passes the more holes appear in the plot.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
I've enjoyed GOT since the beginning and I'm still enjoying it. Sure, some things make absolutely zero sense now, but we won't know everything until the last 2 episodes. I also try not to focus so hard on the what if's and whether or not the writing makes sense, as doing so helps me be a little bit more shocked. I thought for sure Tyrion was going to die by a volley of arrows. So far I'm enjoying this season and I like seeing what millions and millions of dollars per episode gets you.

There are quite a few ways this can end.

Sansa takes the throne because dani dies.
Jon takes the throne because dani was killed in battle or by varys because of sansa.
Dani takes the throne and jon goes back to the north.
Dani + Jon rule together.
Cersei wins and keeps the throne.
Somewhere Jaime kills Cersei.
Bran raises the dead again and no one gets the throne.

I like wondering, but I'm happy to know that I'll know what happens within the next 2 weeks :D

superstock

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 26, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Snooze fest filled with filler...

So many great things are getting anti-climatic demises, first 6 years of the Night King, defeated in 1 episode. ANother dragon killed by sheer stupidity. Why not fly the dragons at NIGHT and destroy Euron's fleet? Oh, that would be using your brain and constitute actual strategic thinking.

The writing in this season is terrible, like you can tell they're just trying to close up shop and go home.

I understand flying dragons during the day, because Dany is too arrogant to think anything bad could happen, but what really annoyed me was after the dragon is killed, Dany takes her last dragon and handful of troops and puts them under firing range of balistas...and Cersei doesn't take advantage of it. lol

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
They've spent too much money on super bowl ads and CGI, not enough on writing a decent series.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
While there were plot holes in last night's episode 4, I enjoyed it moreso than the other episodes this season. The death of the dragon, however stupidly it came about, was the only death this season that really hit me. The rest I could care less about and were expected, but something about this was different. With that said, Euron's on screen character is a joke and it's hard to take serious a maniacal swashbuckler who lusts over Cercei more than anything else.

I was also surprised to see Danaerys stand in front of Cersei with numerous Scorpion bows and archers all looking out at them. It could've just ended there.

Anyways, looking forward, Emilia Clarke said on Jimmy Kimmel that Episode 5 was going to be the best episode of the season. I hope she doesn't disappoint.

I have to say, as much as I loved this series, I'm ready to put it in the past. It's the last series I will be watching for a while, and don't plan on catching any of the spinoffs.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I enjoyed watching episode 4, but the more I think about it the more I hated it.

Really, the flying dragon couldn't see a fleet of ships on the ocean? Are they blind? And how the hell did they manage to snipe a flying dragon from a ship moving on waves with such deadly accuracy?

That is just the start...

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
They just dont care anymore, they just dont care!!!
got_coffee2.png

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/kO4...us_asset/file/16213168/got_starbucks_wide.gif

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
Season 8, Episode 4:

Bad Things:

• Euron continues to be a terrible villain that inspires sighs rather than fear.
  • We learn that 6/7ths of Westeros bent the knee to Aegon Targaryen because no one thought to build a big crossbow.
  • Only one person (#SansafortheThrone) realizes that sending your army halfway across the country immediately after the most brutal fight of their life (that has likely left them not just weakened, but emotionally broken) is a bad idea.
  • No one considers using the supernatural assassin that KILLED A GODLIKE BEING to assassinate a human queen.
  • Splitting your army.
  • Scorpions hit with more force than cannonballs.
  • Scorpions have the accuracy of 21st-century anti-aircraft guns.
  • Scorpions reload in less than a minute.
  • Crossbows reload in literally six seconds.
  • Crossbow literally shown to take a handcrank to reload (and a fair bit of time) takes literally six seconds via sellsword's hand.
  • Hand of the Queen drinks without an armed guard.
  • No one considers that you're not getting royal approval to give the richest territory/castle to a sellsword.
  • Sellsword that has developed a friendship with two characters immediately discards that friendship to be an a-hole. The issue is not that he is willing to kill them, but that he suddenly acts like he has never liked them.
  • Captured hostage doesn't tackle queen standing next to her and have both of them fall to their death.
  • Queen doesn't shoot Hand of the OTHER Queen, despite having no interest in maintaining the illusion of order or respect.
  • Teleportation
  • Too few bodies to be burned.
  • Size of Dany's army continues to be horribly inconsistent.
  • Jon doesn't say goodbye to Ghost or pet him.
  • Ghost is lazily CGI'd.
  • People take literally facing down the dead in pretty good spirits. One would think their entire psyche would be broken.
  • Pirate doesn't use crossbows or bows to murder everyone in the water after he destroys their ships.
  • Pirate doesn't have a second layer of the trap to spring when people swim to Dragonstone.

Good Things:

• "Now, which one of you cowards shit in my pants?"

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
Euron continues to be a terrible villain that inspires sighs rather than fear.
This is the longest running bummer of the show, imo. Book Euron is a certified badass, but show Euron is a conniving weasel that just wants to ruin other people's lives... but isn't particularly smart or capable, just mean.

I think this is all going to be great marketing for George R.R. Martin. When show fans get an unsatisfying ending that feels rushed and has plot holes you could drive a truck through, they'll wonder what the ending was supposed to be, and read the new book.

Prediction: George R.R. Martin and HarperCollins will announce The Winds of Winter publishing date within a few weeks of the last episode of the show. It's nuts not to use the publicity of the finale for book sales.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Really, the flying dragon couldn't see a fleet of ships on the ocean? Are they blind? And how the hell did they manage to snipe a flying dragon from a ship moving on waves with such deadly accuracy?

Reminds me of Star Wars dropping bombs in space.

Line of sight... if the arrow can straight-line hit the dragon, that means the dragon and/or Dani should be able to see it. Unless the arrows can curve like a boomerang.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
The worst part is that the Night King was supposed to be the thing that put the War of the Five Kingdoms into perspective. Politics give way to an existential threat to the world.
Speaking of which, what happened to Cersei's involvement in the war against the Night King?

Wasn't Cersei's help supposed to be crucial to defeating the dead? I mean they even travelled beyond the wall to capture a wight, brought it ALL THE WAY BACK TO KING'S LANDING just to show it to Cersei to make a temporary truce with her.

Up until the Long Night, Jon believed Cersei was bringing her army to fight for Winterfell, Jaime tells that Cersei is marching troops to take Winterfell.

But what ends up happening?

Cersei's involvement just becomes a non-factor. No one mentions a disadvantage of not having her forces. There's no threat on Winterfell of Cersei marching up to take it. It's like a huge plot-point just drops off the face of the Earth.

Sadik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
Jan 26, 2017
Kolkata, India
There are quite a few ways this can end.

Sansa takes the throne because dani dies.
Jon takes the throne because dani was killed in battle or by varys because of sansa.
Dani takes the throne and jon goes back to the north.
Dani + Jon rule together.
Cersei wins and keeps the throne.
Somewhere Jaime kills Cersei.
Bran raises the dead again and no one gets the throne.

I like wondering, but I'm happy to know that I'll know what happens within the next 2 weeks :D

Lazy Lazy writing... You can tell they are going more for spectacle than story in this season. Really stupid scenes. Fine you wanted to show us one of the dragons being killed, couldn't you make it more sensible?

And they are really building it up to show Dany getting crazy with rage. Basically they killed her dragon and Missandei in one episode to build that Dany will become mad with rage and become her father. Height of lazy writing will be them then showing Jon having to turn against Dany to save the people. But they are really digging themselves up that hole and there seems to be no other way left for the writers to take. So here's a prediction, Cersei is gonna be dead AND Dany is gonna be dead by the end of this season. Jon may become King OR just to instill some sill surprise they will find some minor character becoming King with Jon going back to the north / with the wildlings not wanting to be king.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Reminds me of Star Wars dropping bombs in space.

Line of sight... if the arrow can straight-line hit the dragon, that means the dragon and/or Dani should be able to see it. Unless the arrows can curve like a boomerang.
I'm still wondering whether the scorpions can hit through dragon hide that easily.

Very strange for the 2nd dragon to go down that way.

In LOTR, The Hobbit series, even it took MULTIPLE ballista hits (that's what we would call the scorpions in real-life), plus MULTIPLE black arrows, to make even a dent in Smaug's hide.

Plus, Smaug the dragon flew really fast, with a lot of force to push off most projectiles.
He got hit in the movies when he was too arrogant, and charged Bard the bowman up-front.

Why not fly the dragons at NIGHT and destroy Euron's fleet?
You can also do it with small boats at night (Navy SEALS style), and either choose to capture a few strategic vessels, killing the crew in bed, or if they have explosives or fire, light them up.

Or spread false news about dragon sightings, and bait the fleet to go to a narrow channel of sea, where any catapult or dragon fire can be concentrated to decimate the fleet, or into a very stormy area, ala Yi Sun-Shi style.

BTW the ancient Korean Admiral Yi Sun-Shi's infamous for defeating a numerically Japanese superior fleet, with turtle ships, something like a floating tank.

He had only 13 SHIPS, against 333 Japanese ships, only to totally crush them and even kill the enemy commander with archer fire.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
A more enjoyable episode but "rushed" is going to be the buzzword for this season, for certain.

The consistency, pacing and scale is just all over the goddamn place.

Every time they try to tell or show the audience something they somehow manage to screw it up, sometimes basically immediately:

- Biggest fight on earth, over in one evening.
- Everyone died, actually only half died.
- Jaime's good, nah he's evil.
- The troops are wounded and tired, but not a limp or bandage among them.
- The dragons are the ultimate power on earth, actually they are allergic to spears.
- The trip to the capital takes like 4 months, actually it's a single evening.
- Arya hates love, actually she's in love, actually she hates love.

It just goes on and on.

Frankly, this is one time I actually wish the producers WOULD milk the show a bit more, because it's a formula that was working.

The battle with the night king could/should have been most of a season with the next season focusing on the love, betrayal, and politicking of the Jon-Daenerys power struggle along with the final King's Landing battle and final wrap-up and resolution.

Right now every episode feels like a quickly rushed summery of events that should have taken multiple episodes to develop.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The battle with the night king could/should have been most of a season with the next season focusing on the love, betrayal, and politicking of the Jon-Daenerys power struggle along with the final King's Landing battle and final wrap-up and resolution.

Great take, would have been the best for the franchise, and probably made a lot more money for the network too. Instead we're gonna be scratching our heads. A lot.

Connor

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jan 2, 2012
South Carolina
Well, this season continues to underwhelm... Dany acts like a teenager and takes her anger out from her incestuous love affair on the poor people of Westeros. Think Jon is going to take her out to save the people from another tyrant.

@JAJT I think you're spot on- the writers were like "oh crap we have so many plot lines to tie up in one season, let's make everything super convenient." Yawn...

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Euron lived and died like a terrible character.

Last episode the scorpions took out 1 dragon like it was a piece of cake.
This episode the scorpions can't even shoot 2 arrows at once, absolutely contradictory impressions.

Dany decided to kill all the civilians, i thought she was just gonna torch the queen.
I honestly can't believe her character would turn like that, i just don't buy it...

Glad there's just one more episode of this train wreck.

EFFECTS WERE GREAT! what else is new.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
What a cluster F*ck. Was this episode directed by Michael Bay?

Soooo... basically you could have taken one dragon and destroyed the city at anytime... like in season 6 or 7... why did you even need an army when you had 3!! dragons? You could have killed Cersei any time you wanted.

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Oct 5, 2018
Wtf, did I just watch? Danny going for that brute force... Spears are no longer effective (dragon becomes overpowered)... Northerners not following the orders of Jon Snow anymore... A pointless battle between the mountain and the burned face guy... Arya just keeps almost dying... Explosions...
#transformer_vibes

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
God they F*cked this up. Almost couldn't finish watching. It's really not that hard to make fans happy. Give them what they want. Why should we bother watching the last episode? What could they possibly do to fix any of this and leave fans on a high note?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.