• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC Game of Thrones Season 8 Thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by luniac, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Sadik

Sadik Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,513
    Lazy Lazy writing... You can tell they are going more for spectacle than story in this season. Really stupid scenes. Fine you wanted to show us one of the dragons being killed, couldn't you make it more sensible?

And they are really building it up to show Dany getting crazy with rage. Basically they killed her dragon and Missandei in one episode to build that Dany will become mad with rage and become her father. Height of lazy writing will be them then showing Jon having to turn against Dany to save the people. But they are really digging themselves up that hole and there seems to be no other way left for the writers to take. So here's a prediction, Cersei is gonna be dead AND Dany is gonna be dead by the end of this season. Jon may become King OR just to instill some sill surprise they will find some minor character becoming King with Jon going back to the north / with the wildlings not wanting to be king.

2. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,893
    I'm still wondering whether the scorpions can hit through dragon hide that easily.

Very strange for the 2nd dragon to go down that way.

In LOTR, The Hobbit series, even it took MULTIPLE ballista hits (that's what we would call the scorpions in real-life), plus MULTIPLE black arrows, to make even a dent in Smaug's hide.

Plus, Smaug the dragon flew really fast, with a lot of force to push off most projectiles.
    He got hit in the movies when he was too arrogant, and charged Bard the bowman up-front.

You can also do it with small boats at night (Navy SEALS style), and either choose to capture a few strategic vessels, killing the crew in bed, or if they have explosives or fire, light them up.

Or spread false news about dragon sightings, and bait the fleet to go to a narrow channel of sea, where any catapult or dragon fire can be concentrated to decimate the fleet, or into a very stormy area, ala Yi Sun-Shi style.

BTW the ancient Korean Admiral Yi Sun-Shi's infamous for defeating a numerically Japanese superior fleet, with turtle ships, something like a floating tank.

He had only 13 SHIPS, against 333 Japanese ships, only to totally crush them and even kill the enemy commander with archer fire.

Ninjakid and MJ DeMarco like this.
  3. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $67,026
    A more enjoyable episode but "rushed" is going to be the buzzword for this season, for certain.

The consistency, pacing and scale is just all over the goddamn place.

Every time they try to tell or show the audience something they somehow manage to screw it up, sometimes basically immediately:

- Biggest fight on earth, over in one evening.
    - Everyone died, actually only half died.
    - Jaime's good, nah he's evil.
    - The troops are wounded and tired, but not a limp or bandage among them.
    - The dragons are the ultimate power on earth, actually they are allergic to spears.
    - The trip to the capital takes like 4 months, actually it's a single evening.
    - Arya hates love, actually she's in love, actually she hates love.

It just goes on and on.

Frankly, this is one time I actually wish the producers WOULD milk the show a bit more, because it's a formula that was working.

The battle with the night king could/should have been most of a season with the next season focusing on the love, betrayal, and politicking of the Jon-Daenerys power struggle along with the final King's Landing battle and final wrap-up and resolution.

Right now every episode feels like a quickly rushed summery of events that should have taken multiple episodes to develop.

PedroG, GPM, Connor and 2 others like this.
  4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $403,444
    Admin Post
    Great take, would have been the best for the franchise, and probably made a lot more money for the network too. Instead we're gonna be scratching our heads. A lot.

JAJT and luniac like this.
  5. Connor

Connor Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $536
    Well, this season continues to underwhelm... Dany acts like a teenager and takes her anger out from her incestuous love affair on the poor people of Westeros. Think Jon is going to take her out to save the people from another tyrant.

@JAJT I think you're spot on- the writers were like "oh crap we have so many plot lines to tie up in one season, let's make everything super convenient." Yawn...

Scot and Kybalion like this.
  6. Shirkahn

Shirkahn Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $167
    So, my favorite part of GOT episode 5 is when Darth Vadar makes a cameo appearance as the Hounds brother.

Brilliant!

Scot, GPM, FullTimePreneur and 2 others like this.
  7. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,586
    Euron lived and died like a terrible character.

Last episode the scorpions took out 1 dragon like it was a piece of cake.
    This episode the scorpions can't even shoot 2 arrows at once, absolutely contradictory impressions.

Dany decided to kill all the civilians, i thought she was just gonna torch the queen.
    I honestly can't believe her character would turn like that, i just don't buy it...

Glad there's just one more episode of this train wreck.

EFFECTS WERE GREAT! what else is new.

Scot and Connor like this.
  8. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $189,278
    What a cluster F*ck. Was this episode directed by Michael Bay?

Soooo... basically you could have taken one dragon and destroyed the city at anytime... like in season 6 or 7... why did you even need an army when you had 3!! dragons? You could have killed Cersei any time you wanted.

Scot, PedroG, GPM and 6 others like this.
  9. Kybalion

Kybalion Renegade Master I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $280
    Wtf, did I just watch? Danny going for that brute force... Spears are no longer effective (dragon becomes overpowered)... Northerners not following the orders of Jon Snow anymore... A pointless battle between the mountain and the burned face guy... Arya just keeps almost dying... Explosions...
    #transformer_vibes

10. Lex DeVille

Lex DeVille Sweeping Shadows from Dreams Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $54,077
    God they F*cked this up. Almost couldn't finish watching. It's really not that hard to make fans happy. Give them what they want. Why should we bother watching the last episode? What could they possibly do to fix any of this and leave fans on a high note?

GPM, Neng Her and MTF like this.
  11. Sander

Sander But I get up again... Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,297
    Silly reasons led to Dany's rage city-burning trip, but it was somehow nice to just see her thinking F*ck this and just go apeshit.

Too many too close calls for Arya in this episode. We knew she wouldn't get killed along the civilians just randomly by bricks or fire.

Sad to see Varys go so soon. I hoped he would have been more involved, but well, it's hard to fulfill every characters history when you have to rush to and ending in seven episodes last season and less this season.

Hated The Mountain, but loved the "F*cking die" from Sandor.

Guess it'll be the Starks and Jon against Dany in the last episode. Don't think many other than her little army supports her now.

Lex DeVille likes this.
  12. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,586
    TAKING ALL BETS
    Arya kills Dany,
    Jon rules South
    Sansa rules North

i bet 1000 REP $$$ LOL

Connor and Lex DeVille like this.
  13. MattR82

MattR82 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,131
    The cinematography was nice I suppose. Other than that it was pretty damn dumb. Super assassin getting trampled gets helped up by skinny cowering mother lol.

Lex DeVille likes this.
  14. Sadik

Sadik Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,513
    Naah, Jon will kill Dany then quit the throne, he doesn't want it. They will probably find some other minor character as king / queen. Arya is pretty much gone from the show, rode into the sunset and all that.

luniac likes this.
  15. MTF

MTF Never give up Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $82,433
    I refrained from posting in this thread because I hoped that the season would eventually get better. I still hold out hope that in the final episode they'll make up for at least some of the mistakes in the previous episodes, but still...

I would love for the show to end with Tyrion setting up a republic or something like that, with heads of the houses each responsible for their territories and jointly for the entire kingdom to prevent another mad king/queen or a drunkard. It's unlikely this will happen, but that would be a rewarding, different ending than yet another king on the throne (particularly since there are no good options left; they should give Jon a break).

The whole time I watched this episode I was like: there are no scorpions left, Dany can fly safely all the way to the Red Keep, burn it down and be done with it. Her transformation into a bloodthirsty, cruel tyrant was too rushed, and consequently, not believable. The writers of the series could probably say that Dany wanted Cersei to see the destruction, but there was still too little character development to buy into that. Despite the deaths of Jorah, Rhaegal, Missandei, and Jon rejecting her, Dany has never been portrayed as that impulsive and cold-blooded.

Other than that, they ruined some great character arcs, conflicts, and relationships. Jaime goes from bad to good to realize that he's actually bad. Euron is killed by Jaime, his conflict with Yara is forgotten. Bronn shows up threatening the brothers even though they were good friends. Arya is sometimes invincible and sometimes hopelessly defenseless like a child. The Night King... well, no need to address how they ruined that build-up.

They didn't mess everything up (I like Tyrion's moral struggles, particularly in episode 5 when he sees the catastrophic consequences of not siding with Varys), but overall it's been an unsatisfying season.

It's sad to see that by far one of the best TV series in history ends like that, with many fans of the series disappointed by the sudden change from a well-thought out, well-paced story into yet another rushed, gimmicky TV show. Shows how critically important the ending is, no matter how widely acclaimed and loved your product is.

MJ DeMarco, luniac and Lex DeVille like this.
  16. srodrigo

srodrigo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,629
    The "sudden" madness of Dany was actually hinted in season 2, when she enters the [Can't remember the name] house and she sees the iron throne covered by ashes. It's been a while and maybe I've just missed something from the plot, but I'm not surprised about what's happening on the final season. Maybe the way could be arguable, but the end seems like was already decided long time ago.

My actual complain is how rushed seasons 7 & 8 feel. They really needed a few more episodes to slow it down a bit. Seems like teleportation was a thing in the Seven Kingdoms.

luniac likes this.
  17. GPM

GPM Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $28,101
    Well episode 5 was a steaming pile of garbage.

How the hell did Jaime manage to escape the tent as a prisoner? Sure he was no longer locked up, but he was heavily guarded as well. WTF? Also, wouldn't Dany know right away that he did manage to escape, and therefore execute Tyrion?

The show has zero consistency and they just conveniently leave so much out. The Hound can sneak into the castle, my a$$. The dude is like 6'6" and has the biggest burn marks on his face, oh but he has a hood on so it is ok. Jaime managing to walk through an entire crowd of soldiers going the opposite way, again they don't see him because he has a hood on. Yea F*cking right, he is Jaime Lannister! Probably the second most recognizable person in the entire city. How did he go from close to the center of the city, to all the way outside and down the mountainside to sneak inside in like 20 minutes. That would probably be several hours at the quickest.

The show is just pure eye-candy at this point. There is zero reason to continue watching for story development or plot. It is Lost all over again. Something starts out so well, and just devolves into a steaming pile of "WTF just happened".

Yes I will watch episode 6, but I am not expecting much.

luniac, MattR82 and Lex DeVille like this.
  18. BellaPippin

BellaPippin Enough snacking on mediocrity. Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,208
    How I feel rn

[​IMG]

19. Thoelk

Thoelk Artificial Psycho Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,596
    It goes to show Got IS GRR Martin and without him, it's just a sub-par flick with an overkill of CGI.
    GoT isn't about the visuals, it isn't about the (astounding) music.. it's about the story/intrigue...

I'm glad I was able to read all the books before watching the corresponding seasons.. I'm sad I've watched season 7 & season 8, as they're just a waste of potential... And I can't wait to erase them with the sheer amount of stories when Martin's book finally comes out.

For those whole love the serie/first series, read the books and enjoy even more!

ZF Lee and luniac like this.
  20. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Tallest Lannister Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $10,125
  21. Sprocket

Sprocket Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $590
    I think the Dani going crazy thing has been building for a while, after every conquest her title grew along with her ego. There’s a lot of Tao symbolism in GOT and I was hoping the deeper story was going to be linked to that and the principle of yin and yang - balancing of energy, connecting with nature and releasing the ego. The mad rulers were yang and Jon snow (yin) would bring balance to the 7 kingdoms. Now I’m feeling like we might be heading for another Lost ending when you realise you just spent how many hours watching for nothing!

srodrigo likes this.
  22. djcoax

djcoax Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $324
    The common thread among the famous as well as the infamous is a dominant meaning-and-purpose. And likewise, the common thread amongst the SCRIPTED sheeple is they have no meaning.Instead, hyperreality babysits—this is why we have a society addicted to Game of Thrones and whoever wins some stupid singing contest.

--MJ DeMarco in Unscripted

Sorry. Couldn't resist. I'll see myself out :)

GPM and srodrigo like this.
  23. Tossek

Tossek New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $57
    Ok, here is something I like about the story telling.
    The way that the battle is portrayed is somehow interesting. You might think that the characters like Arya and Jon could handle the situations. But they are driven by the circumstances as are all other soldiers. Arya could not protect the woman and her daughter. Jon could not stop the slaughter of the surrendered Lannister Army. The battle brought up its own spirit which at some point was out of control and driven entirely by mass behaviour and/or Dany.

It reminded me a bit of the battle of the bastards. Jon was just a victim in this. No direct control of the situation, just a puppet. The driver and key player were Sansa and Littlefinger in this. Jon just basicaly was lucky. He was lucky back then and he was lucky now.

Luck seems to be a major component of Jon's surviving strategy for GoT. And I think, in a way, this is even realistic...

24. luniac

Rep Bank:
    $12,586
    lol to be fair, we're here heavily criticizing game of thrones after many seasons of built up trust.
    Sheeple would convince themselves GOT is still good.

Bearcorp likes this.
  25. cy-

cy- Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,135
    Tbh I think there is something to take away from this and the whole thread, now that we have such a bad ending to GoT.

I see comments in this thread from some very succesful fastlaners who I assume spends a lot of time working on their business every single day.

A lot of these people all give the impression from other comments around the forum, that they are not a fan of mindless consumption, which a lot of movies, tv shows etc. enforces from a lot of people.

But the interesting thing is how GoT, in a time where I feel every other production is a series with 5 or more seasons, managed to grab the attention and interest from people who usually couldn't care less for some tv show or how some movie ends.

It goes to show that there are no such thing as market saturation, if you provide a very superior product.

Now without the ending in mind, Game of Thrones have really shown to be a very unique product in its category.

I'm F*KING furious about the last season to be honest, but I admire how a series with so many seasons managed to keep the attention span of its fans for so many years.

Whatever market, industry or category your product/company is, remember that it is not saturated necessarily. But you better damn make sure that you standout and provide something your competitors don't.

Put in the hours and effort and don't think you can slack because its "fine" - it might end up like season 8 of GoT.

Game of Thrones will now be the only fiction books I ever read before.
    I NEED a proper ending to this madness..

MJ DeMarco, GPM, Lex DeVille and 3 others like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.