• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC Game of Thrones Season 8 Thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by luniac, Apr 29, 2019.

1. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,586
    who was insanely dissapointed by Episode 3 as i was.
    After 7 goddamn years, they end it all in 1 episode, and how they did it... god...
    last jedi all over again.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5VnIGxAPts

Mbc, astr0, dknise and 1 other person like this.
  2. GPM

GPM Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $28,101
    Just watched Episode 3. It was a hot mess.

A hot dark mess. The first 3/4 of the episode you could not even tell what was going on. A few minutes of the chaos would have been good for cinematic effect, but 40 min was a garbage heap.

I disagree about the Last Jedi though. She has been training for like 6 years, some of that under a god none the less.

Overall not great. Episode 2 was fantastic though. I have no idea where they are going to take this now. Frankly I am less interested in it though, but we shall see.

astr0, Scot, AgainstAllOdds and 3 others like this.
  3. MattR82

MattR82 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,131
    So. Dark... That first 30 to 45 mins or so was a strain. Almost unwatchable with my setup. Overall I liked the episode though. But I'm not a hard core fan that's read the books or anything.

luniac and Lex DeVille like this.
  4. Lex DeVille

Lex DeVille Sweeping Shadows from Dreams Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $54,092
    I enjoyed the episode but wasn't as "wowed" as I thought I'd be based on the hype and the time we waited. My main grievance has to do with Arya's actions.

Arya was training all this time and seemed to have super powers. Now she gets her a$$ handed to her by zombies. Also, it seems like her powers are more like slight-of-hand tricks. She doesn't disappear and reappear. She hides behind bookshelves and hopes no one hears her. She could barely sneak past the dead...wtf?! And why did they build up that weapon she wanted so bad only to toss it to the side after 10 seconds of use?

At the end I was disappointed by HOW Arya defeated the Night King. There's a whisp of wind, one of the White Walkers looks over his shoulder, and the next thing we see is Arya flying through the air at the Night King. I guess this was supposed to be her arrival at the last second, which kind of makes Theon's death a little more purposeful. But direct attacks aren't exactly what the Faceless Men are known for (at least in the television show). I wanted Bran to pull his face off and reveal himself to be Arya just in time to stab the Night King. Same outcome, better portrayal in my opinion.

The dark was annoying, but I got over it. There weren't as many big deaths as I thought there would be. A couple of the deaths were fairly emotional and there were plenty of tense moments.

I'm hoping they make up for some of the flaws in this episode in the final battle, but I wasn't completely disappointed. I really liked the episode overall. It just felt like there were a few missed opportunities that could've really set it over the top.

Mr.C, Brad_Hurst, Scot and 9 others like this.
  5. MattR82

MattR82 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,131
    Ha, I was totally expecting Bran to be Arya. It was kinda disappointing how wishy-washy they were with her super assassin skills. That was probably the most annoying thing because it didn't make sense, unnecessarily. There was plenty of shit going on elsewhere that we don't need to see her hiding from some lowly wights when the last few seasons made it seem she was basically invincible.

As for the dark, there was one scene in particular that it really pissed me off - I couldn't see Jorah's face properly when he came riding back in. But that was pretty much it.

6. PedroG

PedroG Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,548
    Damn! I didn't think about that. That would have been amazing!! Except that means Bran would be dead.

7. Lex DeVille

Lex DeVille Sweeping Shadows from Dreams Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $54,092
    The way I see it my idea is flawed. It makes about as much sense as Arya apparating into the Godswood like Harry Potter and launching a direct air assault that bypasses all of the surrounding White Walkers when she couldn't even sneak by the foot soldiers! We can fill the plot hole later. Maybe Bran laughed at Needle and Arya taught him a lesson! :D

Xeon likes this.
  8. PedroG

PedroG Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,548
    Lol!

I'm thinking maybe they're leaving the face thing for the end. Jamie (Arya) will peel his face off right before killing Cersei.

Xeon and Lex DeVille like this.
  9. luniac

luniac Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,586
    i didn't mean to compare arya to the jedi chick, arya did indeed train over multiple seasons.
    I'm not even mad she killed the night king.

It's a Snoke vs Night King comparison.
    I'm referring to the Night King being dispatched in 1 episode after 7 seasons of buildup.

I enjoyed Episode 2 a lot as well, the whole brianne knighting hit me in the feels hard.

GPM, Xeon and Lex DeVille like this.
  10. luniac

Rep Bank:
    $12,586
    According to the writers, the headblow arya took that knocked her down weakened her abilities.
    Wasn't portrayed well though in my opinion.

The way she snuck up on the night king but jumped at him screaming is silly.

MattR82, GPM and Lex DeVille like this.
  11. Lex DeVille

Rep Bank:
    $54,092
    lol! The screaming! Hadn't even caught that. Yes, that was totally off. I suppose the headblow knocked her senseless.

Now that I've seen it a few times...the last few minutes of buildup to the Night King's death reminds me of a jewelry commercial. Lots of desperate staring and dramatic music. :D

ApparentHorizon, luniac and Xeon like this.
  12. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $403,459
    Admin Post
    • They fooled me in foreshadowing deaths that never happened. (I would have bet a million bucks Breanne was marked for death) I also assumed that everyone who drank in the hall (the hours before) would survive, those who did not, would die.
    • They gave a resolution -- didn't let us hang until the next episode.
    • Did a great job in showing the utter chaos and annihilation that was all but a forgone conclusion, until Arya donned her cape and flew in from the Castle turret.
    • Tyrion/Sansa -- you felt a connection there where you never thought there would be.
    • Watching a little girl get crushed by a giant -- shows that the writers where willing to break rules. (No I don't like children getting crushed, lol).

DISLIKES
    • To dark, couldn't see anything. (But it makes filming a lot of cheaper!)
    • Poor strategy from the Winterfell folks. Who designed the battle strategy, the little Mormont girl?
    • Inadequate deployment of the 2 dragons, instead of attacking the wights, let's spend half the battle riding off into the blizzard!
    • Dothraki, what a waste? Who thought this was a good idea?
    • Arya's sudden flying skills and/or invisibility cloak.
    • I never understood Bran's importance. He did nothing in the battle or never had any impact in all seasons other than exposing Jon's true identity. Why was he a threat to the Knight King?
    • Did Jon's wolf die in the early Dothraki battle? I wanted to see him more.
    • Stupid trope that exists in all bad guy films: "I've won big and now I'm going to take my time and gloat before I kill you" -- boom, bad guy gets killed by some sudden intervention. (A little bit like Deus Ex Machina)

Ugh, makes me wanna walk off the side of a cliff. Or in GOT lore, do a King Tommen out the window.

astr0, Dark Water, Connor and 5 others like this.
  13. luniac

Rep Bank:
    $12,586
    lol i do see some parallels there. poor night king didn't get his jewelry though.

Lex DeVille likes this.
  14. luniac

Rep Bank:
    $12,586
    honestly in my heart of hearts i felt something was off the moment the dothraki charged into death.
    Then when Jorah Mormont RETURNS i knew for certain something wasn't right.
    Then when brianne and jaime keep surviving, i started smelling the BS

the writing was no game of thrones.

MakeItHappen, GPM and Lex DeVille like this.
  15. Shirkahn

Shirkahn Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $167
    Yup, I was disappointed about the death of the night king and also thought it ended quite suddenly after such a long build up.

But then again, has GOT ever disappointed? I can’t wait to see what they are plotting next.

I have faith that it will be mind boggling and unexpected.

luniac and Lex DeVille like this.
  16. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $67,026
    It was a real mess of an episode, and too dark, agreed.

They had an army the likes the planet has never seen, ruled by a queen that has literal fire breathing dragons, and the entire army was dispatched in minutes.

I was beyond disappointed that the best warrior races were portrayed as little more than fodder. The Dothraki ran to their death in seconds (then ran away!?). The unsullied stood their ground like a proper army but basically just fell line after line. Yeah they were fighting the dead but they also had weapons that evened that playing field.

Then you had the opposite problem with the main characters - all them shown multiple times being basically drowned in opponents and shown to be on the verge of losing multiple times, but they lived? Huh? I'm pretty sure we literally saw Tarly on his back with walkers attacking/biting him as he writhed like a turtle on his back and he's good to go by the episode's end?

So we had the best army ever put together dispatched in seconds and individual fighters who were still standing at the battle's end. It was just... hard to swallow.

I'd have FAR preferred to see a proper army vs army fight up front, have the night king blast a hole in a flank, and then have the heroes taking on smaller packs of stragglers who break through the lines. Some 1 vs 3-4-5 stuff. Not this 1 vs dozens nonsense inside the gates.

The dragons in the blizzard was just nonsense. Made no sense.

Arya's sneaking around was cringe-worthy. Apparently she can run around inches from the dead without being heard but a drop of blood is like a dinner bell? Huh?

I also expected her to use SOME kind of faceless-men trickery at some point but she seems to have forgotten it entirely since leaving the town she learned it in. The weapon use she had was cool for the 10 seconds she used it but it appears the only reason she had a weapon made in the previous episode was to give the producers a reason to have her topless in the proceeding sex scene...

I actually didn't mind her taking out the night king but leaping over the undead generals like a gymnast on a trampoline to do it was nonsense.

I also didn't mind the main battle only taking place in one episode (I liked that, actually) but again - it was a hot mess for me.

17. ApparentHorizon

ApparentHorizon Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,587
    From my understanding, Bran is the keeper of the world's knowledge. So by killing him, the Night King destroys humanity. Like individuals are the culmination of their past experiences. Civilization is defined by its history.

The entire battle was centered around Bran, and it was his idea to be the bait.

It's a shame they turned him to a dull character. He should have been the most colorful of them all. But at least they didn't use the visions as cheap exposition.

His only recent evolution was revealing that he didn't know if it's possible to kill the Night King. Since no one has done it. Therefore he understands that he has room to grow.

I doubt we'll be seeing any more of him.

luniac and ZF Lee like this.
  18. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $67,026
    Yeah, honestly you could remove him ENTIRELY from the series and nothing much would change - the very definition of a bad character.

As best I can tell he's little more than the magic version of a remote control drone. Except he offers no real use. If he was directing armies in the battle through raven use - that would have been something, at least. Alas he just announced "I'm out", and went flying around the battlefield like it was a field trip.

Always hated his character and his story arcs. A boring character who traveled with boring people who was gifted with boring powers to do basically nothing with.

GPM, Lex DeVille and PedroG like this.
  19. PedroG

Rep Bank:
    $4,548
    I didn't get this either. Something about him having the memory of everything that they wanted to erase? Didn't make sense to me.

Lex DeVille likes this.
  20. Lex DeVille

Rep Bank:
    $54,092
    I wonder if the book's author will take all of this feedback into account before he finishes out his version of the story.

Mr.C, ZF Lee, luniac and 1 other person like this.
  21. GPM

GPM Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $28,101
    You are completely right. Episode 8 was so terrible I had honestly forgotten about that Snoke BS. This was similar. It just screams to me of lazy writing.

Xeon, Lex DeVille and luniac like this.
  22. Thomas Baptiste

Thomas Baptiste Third of His Name Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,433
    Contrary to popular opinion here, I really think this was the best episode in a very long time for the series. In my honest opinion it was great. The darkness was fitting given it's a fight against death. The animation with the dragons was great. The plot armor was strong indeed as I thought more would have died, but I'm more intrigued to see how the rest of the show plays out with the characters that are left.

Scot likes this.
  23. Lex DeVille

Rep Bank:
    $54,092
    In the video luniac posted the guy mentioned similar points. He said the Producer deserves props for production. The writing seems to be where people are upset.

I totally agree on the production side of the house. What I could see of the battle looked great, and it was fun to watch, although I had to adjust my screen and seat several times to see it.

luniac likes this.
  24. Neng Her

Neng Her Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15
    After watching Avengers End Game I caught GOT Ep. 3. There was alot of mix emotions that night.

25. Bearcorp

Bearcorp Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,271
    The dire wolf survived, along with both dragons I'm pretty sure, there's a few blogs around listing who lived and died, based on next weeks trailer along with what they could see in the episode I guess.

I found it all a bit meh... I didn't find the episode as captivating as Battle of the Bastards, there's 3 episodes to go, it wasn't going to be the Night King v Cersei for world domination so a few of them had to live, in the end all the main characters did.

I got annoyed with The Dothraki running to their deaths while Jon and Danni sat on fire breathing dragons watching, it was frustrating, go and light up that front line of the dead with the dragons dammit!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    astr0, Lex DeVille and PedroG like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.