The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fu*k this event?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Sandy Dives

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jun 8, 2020
Norway
"If You Always Do What You’ve Always Done, You’ll Always Get What You’ve Always Got".

The year 2020 was a mess for me. I have experienced real anxiety for the first time in my life, broke up with a girl I very much loved all though I think she's better off without me, and I've gotten deeper into the 9-5 grind, all while moving home to live with my dad and work remote from home.

I have only been action faking up to this point with some side projects, but improved my programming skills a lot (work as a software developer). I'm soon 22 years old and I have a solid job in a good country, Norway, but I can't continue like this. I'm going crazy just sitting in my room day in day out doing the same thing, and it's not like I can do much outside because of Covid.

I never really was the blame type of guy, I always stood up for my mistakes and worked hard, but now I just feel lost so I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm making excuses.

Since I was a kid I have loved reading and hearing about the USA and the American dream. The thought of just packing up my stuff and moving to some place warmer and sunny where I can network, get to know new people and chase the dream is so pleasing to me.

So a part of me wants to just quit my job and go do something. I feel trapped.

I think I need a change, something to get me out of my bubble...

I could move out here, I think that would help as it did before, but I would still be stuck in the same situation...

Any thoughts?
What was your F*ck this event?
How has Covid affected your life?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

poseidn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 1, 2016
working from home during covid and realising i did not want to go back and work in an office in a cold country for the rest of my life, only seeing the sun for a few months per year.

Would rather fail non stop for 10 years while living in thailand on $1k a month than go up the corporate ladder in a big city living in a concrete cell waking up to an alarm, getting on a packed train, cold-calling all day then going home, watching netflix, going to sleep, rinse n repeat til friday, get smashed then hungover all of saturday, recover on sunday only to be awaiting the next day at work...

Weird take but i wrote a diary entry around the time i quit my job and moved back in with my parents, comparing the 9-5 to the matrix.. We're all in it. It's comfortable. But there's a world outside... That world may be shit too, but there's an alternative

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Hey man,
Sorry to hear that your 2020 was crap.

I understand you very much. Your situation F*cking sucks. Had the exact same problem. My situation isn't perfect right now, it's not even very good, but I'm working on it.

The one thing that helped me a lot was asking myself "does this help me get a life I want?" if not I would immediately stop doing that. Doesn't work for everything but for the basics, watching movies, playing stupid games, working a job you hate, etc. Sounds silly but worked for me.

Moving to the US especially LA is also a dream of mine. However, I more and more realize it's not only about moving. I'd love to go to LA and network and build a life over there. But for me that's just en excuse for my current situation. You can build a start-up from literally everywhere. And we both are lucky to be born in such rich countries, so we can't complain.

I wish you all the best with everything and really hope your 2021 will be better than your 2020.
Let me know if you need anything!

- Valentin

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Dec 24, 2019
Make the best with what you got.

Covid may suck for a lot of people but if you can work from home, you win extra time in the day you would have lost with commuting and other things like that. Plus, you get to spend all day in a way more comfortable place, as long as you make it so.

For a lot of people including myself, Covid has given us the time and energy to pour more into our ventures.

Now what I do/ did to not feel stuck in the same place at home:
- I moved to a city near the beach. It's way nicer, cleaner, calmer and even cheaper than my previous place. I actually wanna go outside sometime cuz it's so nice here, even if it's not sunny most of the year.
- If you live in a nice place, it makes it a lot easier to go on walks, runs, bike rides and whatever.
- I also dream of moving to the US, so sometimes I watch mountain climbing pov videos from around the Arizona desert and such. It sounds silly but it helps get my mind out of where It currently is.
- Also don't forget your Vitamin D supplements if you're prone to seasonal depression.

So yeah I dunno fam, try things and see what works for you. Only you know.

Sandy Dives

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jun 8, 2020
Norway
working from home during covid and realising i did not want to go back and work in an office in a cold country for the rest of my life, only seeing the sun for a few months per year.

Would rather fail non stop for 10 years while living in thailand on $1k a month than go up the corporate ladder in a big city living in a concrete cell waking up to an alarm, getting on a packed train, cold-calling all day then going home, watching netflix, going to sleep, rinse n repeat til friday, get smashed then hungover all of saturday, recover on sunday only to be awaiting the next day at work...

Weird take but i wrote a diary entry around the time i quit my job and moved back in with my parents, comparing the 9-5 to the matrix.. We're all in it. It's comfortable. But there's a world outside... That world may be shit too, but there's an alternative
Awesome.
What are you currently working on? I would love to see some excerpts from that diary if you are cool with sharing something.

I totally agree with you.

Hey man,
Sorry to hear that your 2020 was crap.

I understand you very much. Your situation f*cking sucks. Had the exact same problem. My situation isn't perfect right now, it's not even very good, but I'm working on it.

The one thing that helped me a lot was asking myself "does this help me get a life I want?" if not I would immediately stop doing that. Doesn't work for everything but for the basics, watching movies, playing stupid games, working a job you hate, etc. Sounds silly but worked for me.

Moving to the US especially LA is also a dream of mine. However, I more and more realize it's not only about moving. I'd love to go to LA and network and build a life over there. But for me that's just en excuse for my current situation. You can build a start-up from literally everywhere. And we both are lucky to be born in such rich countries, so we can't complain.

I wish you all the best with everything and really hope your 2021 will be better than your 2020.
Let me know if you need anything!

- Valentin
Thank you!

I wrote that down just now, that's genius, thanks. I too have realized that I think, but there is something hard about being surrounded by hard believers of the scripted dogma and not knowing what the other side looks like...

How are you working on your situation right now and what is your situation? If you don't mind sharing :)

Make the best with what you got.

Covid may suck for a lot of people but if you can work from home, you win extra time in the day you would have lost with commuting and other things like that. Plus, you get to spend all day in a way more comfortable place, as long as you make it so.

For a lot of people including myself, Covid has given us the time and energy to pour more into our ventures.

Now what I do/ did to not feel stuck in the same place at home:
- I moved to a city near the beach. It's way nicer, cleaner, calmer and even cheaper than my previous place. I actually wanna go outside sometime cuz it's so nice here, even if it's not sunny most of the year.
- If you live in a nice place, it makes it a lot easier to go on walks, runs, bike rides and whatever.
- I also dream of moving to the US, so sometimes I watch mountain climbing pov videos from around the Arizona desert and such. It sounds silly but it helps get my mind out of where It currently is.
- Also don't forget your Vitamin D supplements if you're prone to seasonal depression.

So yeah I dunno fam, try things and see what works for you. Only you know.
Thank you! Seems there is a majority of people that wants to move to the US. Cool!

You are very right about the remote work thing. Perhaps it is my discipline that is at fault...
What do you do for a living, and what are your goals currently? If you don't mind sharing a little :)

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Dec 24, 2019
Thank you! Seems there is a majority of people that wants to move to the US. Cool!

You are very right about the remote work thing. Perhaps it is my discipline that is at fault...
What do you do for a living, and what are your goals currently? If you don't mind sharing a little :)
Don't beat yourself for it. It's likely not discipline. Or not JUST discipline.

In my case, I've always been a dreamer. Always living in the future. So it's always been easy for me to not feel stuck in the present and look forward to something else. My girlfriend for example can easily feel stuck and get depressed. I guess it depends on people.

Currently I'm just like you. Working as a developer from home, and using whatever time and energy I have left to work on my venture. Coding on my own platform to solve a need that I've had quite a few people respond positively to it. So I'm pretty sure the need is there.

I wish you good luck my friend ^_^

j0elsuf

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Dec 15, 2020
I'll be honest, I don't think anyone under, we'll say, 25 or so CAN experience an FTE since most people under 25 or so wouldn't be able to analyze it properly. I mean I had FTE like moments when I was that age, but most of the time I would just swap one bad habit for another.

But then again, I dunno, I guess it could be possible for anyone at any age to experience an FTE if they analyze it properly.

That said...

What was your f*ck this event?
Depends what area of life we're talking about.

With finances etc, kind of haven't had one yet. A big part of me is still like "ehh I'm alright. Just need to make more money."

With vocation (to me there's a difference between that and finances for sure) it was encountering a possum while doing an inventory audit at my last full-time job. Then getting written up for going half an hour over 40 hours. Put in my two-week notice directly after my shift. I was done.

With the opposite sex, it was when a chick who I had a one night stand with who I developed a weird crush on told me to never talk to her again after I drove her away with all the feelings I caught. Was like "alright, enough catching feelings after sex. It isn't working" lol

With physical health it was probably my dad dying, but my mental health sucked back then. But when it got better so did my physical health because I was like "my dad got cancer at 51. There is no way I can live like he did. I'll get cancer and die in 2 years if I do."

Nearly flunking out of college (while taking very easy classes) was definitely an FTE with my mental health. Was like "alright something is wrong, take some time off and fix it. You're just taking classes for the sake of it and taking student loans out cuz you don't want to work full-time. This ain't gonna last."

How has Covid affected your life?
It kinda didn't. I mean there was a little stretch where I couldn't do stuff I wanted to do like bowl or whatever, couldn't do Uber Eats for a bit so I took a job at one of my buddies' golf courses for a month or two but it didn't really mess with me too bad.

Even getting COVID itself was just kinda meh. I mean it got me to lead an even healthier lifestyle than I already did before I got it, but that was gonna happen anyways.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Thank you!

I wrote that down just now, that's genius, thanks. I too have realized that I think, but there is something hard about being surrounded by hard believers of the scripted dogma and not knowing what the other side looks like...
I totally get you. A lot of my friends and my whole family doesn't believe in my business and my path, so it's pretty difficult to stay motivated. But you just need a few link minded people which hold you accountable. That can be a close friend, a mentor, somebody abroad, etc. That really helped me because I didn't want to let those people down. And now I'm starting a local networking group to keep myself more accountable while helping others.

How are you working on your situation right now and what is your situation? If you don't mind sharing :)
So I'm pretty young, but now I'm building my second business (with a few friends), sold my first one more than a year ago. And while I'm doing that I work a little in my 9-5 that I have at least a little cashflow. In addition to that I want to build a side hustle, but haven't decided on exactly what I'll do.

Let me know if you need anything.

- Valentin

Sandy Dives

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jun 8, 2020
Norway
Don't beat yourself for it. It's likely not discipline. Or not JUST discipline.

In my case, I've always been a dreamer. Always living in the future. So it's always been easy for me to not feel stuck in the present and look forward to something else. My girlfriend for example can easily feel stuck and get depressed. I guess it depends on people.

Currently I'm just like you. Working as a developer from home, and using whatever time and energy I have left to work on my venture. Coding on my own platform to solve a need that I've had quite a few people respond positively to it. So I'm pretty sure the need is there.

I wish you good luck my friend ^_^

That's awesome! Good luck to you too, and thanks!

I'll be honest, I don't think anyone under, we'll say, 25 or so CAN experience an FTE since most people under 25 or so wouldn't be able to analyze it properly. I mean I had FTE like moments when I was that age, but most of the time I would just swap one bad habit for another.

But then again, I dunno, I guess it could be possible for anyone at any age to experience an FTE if they analyze it properly.

That said...

Depends what area of life we're talking about.

With finances etc, kind of haven't had one yet. A big part of me is still like "ehh I'm alright. Just need to make more money."

With vocation (to me there's a difference between that and finances for sure) it was encountering a possum while doing an inventory audit at my last full-time job. Then getting written up for going half an hour over 40 hours. Put in my two-week notice directly after my shift. I was done.

With the opposite sex, it was when a chick who I had a one night stand with who I developed a weird crush on told me to never talk to her again after I drove her away with all the feelings I caught. Was like "alright, enough catching feelings after sex. It isn't working" lol

With physical health it was probably my dad dying, but my mental health sucked back then. But when it got better so did my physical health because I was like "my dad got cancer at 51. There is no way I can live like he did. I'll get cancer and die in 2 years if I do."

Nearly flunking out of college (while taking very easy classes) was definitely an FTE with my mental health. Was like "alright something is wrong, take some time off and fix it. You're just taking classes for the sake of it and taking student loans out cuz you don't want to work full-time. This ain't gonna last."

It kinda didn't. I mean there was a little stretch where I couldn't do stuff I wanted to do like bowl or whatever, couldn't do Uber Eats for a bit so I took a job at one of my buddies' golf courses for a month or two but it didn't really mess with me too bad.

Even getting COVID itself was just kinda meh. I mean it got me to lead an even healthier lifestyle than I already did before I got it, but that was gonna happen anyways.

Interesting stuff! Thanks for sharing. What did you do after quitting your job?

I totally get you. A lot of my friends and my whole family doesn't believe in my business and my path, so it's pretty difficult to stay motivated. But you just need a few link minded people which hold you accountable. That can be a close friend, a mentor, somebody abroad, etc. That really helped me because I didn't want to let those people down. And now I'm starting a local networking group to keep myself more accountable while helping others.

So I'm pretty young, but now I'm building my second business (with a few friends), sold my first one more than a year ago. And while I'm doing that I work a little in my 9-5 that I have at least a little cashflow. In addition to that I want to build a side hustle, but haven't decided on exactly what I'll do.

Let me know if you need anything.

- Valentin

Really sounds like you are doing a lot, awesome!
What is your 9-5? What kind of business are you building?
I understand if you don't want to go into detail, just cool to hear other people :)

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Really sounds like you are doing a lot, awesome!
What is your 9-5? What kind of business are you building?
I understand if you don't want to go into detail, just cool to hear other people :)
I have no problem going into details. Yeah, it may sound awesome, but I'm still trying to figure some things out, and still a long way to go.

So my 9-5 is mostly around business analytics. I used to work at a cotton trading company (we were a competitor of Glencore and Louis Dreyfus), but now I work at a rather local company. I just wanted to learn which work environment is suited best for me. Both positions and companies are great.

So I'm not the original founder of my current business, but I'm a cofounder and COO. We're in the food and beverage sector, we really focus on low-carb food and superfoods. Because here in Switzerland there is no chance to get any of these foods otherwise. The company is great but not sure if it's totally my thing, that's too early to say.

But I think I'd rather build a more internet focused company. I have a really broad skill set, so it's possible for me to start different companies. However, there is also the disadvantage that if I go into a really special niche I need either a cofounder, who is specialized in that niche, or I need to make a lot of research.

What about you? What would you like to build?
You're working in software development if I'm not wrong, would love to know so much about programming. :)

Sandy Dives

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jun 8, 2020
Norway
I have no problem going into details. Yeah, it may sound awesome, but I'm still trying to figure some things out, and still a long way to go.

So my 9-5 is mostly around business analytics. I used to work at a cotton trading company (we were a competitor of Glencore and Louis Dreyfus), but now I work at a rather local company. I just wanted to learn which work environment is suited best for me. Both positions and companies are great.

So I'm not the original founder of my current business, but I'm a cofounder and COO. We're in the food and beverage sector, we really focus on low-carb food and superfoods. Because here in Switzerland there is no chance to get any of these foods otherwise. The company is great but not sure if it's totally my thing, that's too early to say.

But I think I'd rather build a more internet focused company. I have a really broad skill set, so it's possible for me to start different companies. However, there is also the disadvantage that if I go into a really special niche I need either a cofounder, who is specialized in that niche, or I need to make a lot of research.

What about you? What would you like to build?
You're working in software development if I'm not wrong, would love to know so much about programming. :)

Cool! Sounds like you are a go getter. I think superfoods and low-carb and especially protein-low-carb are a good choice. I would go all in on that if there is a demand. Check out quest-nutrition and Tom Bilyeu. Really cool story.

Finding and building a team is great I think, at least if there are parts that require research or deep knowledge.

Software development is fun, all though 9-5ing it has destroyed it a little for me.
I have a few ideas and prototypes on software around stocks and the stock market that I'm currently working on validating.

I also think about just quitting my job and go contracting, but while that would pay me more, I wouldn't achieve what I want. I could build a company around that, but I don't find that as interesting.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Cool! Sounds like you are a go getter. I think superfoods and low-carb and especially protein-low-carb are a good choice. I would go all in on that if there is a demand. Check out quest-nutrition and Tom Bilyeu. Really cool story.

Finding and building a team is great I think, at least if there are parts that require research or deep knowledge.

Software development is fun, all though 9-5ing it has destroyed it a little for me.
I have a few ideas and prototypes on software around stocks and the stock market that I'm currently working on validating.

I also think about just quitting my job and go contracting, but while that would pay me more, I wouldn't achieve what I want. I could build a company around that, but I don't find that as interesting.
Yeah, it's great, but it's not something that will change a lot of people's lives for the better. We are not more than just a reseller of products others produced. And my passion isn't 100% in it, so I'll surely build it as big as possible but will probably leave my COO position in a few years. I just don't see myself working in that niche very long.
Will definitely check that sorry out thanks a lot! And I need to build one or two companies on the side, otherwise I'll have a problem with myself. :)

I'd like to build a big team, but currently with Covid it's not that easy. And I'd love if my next team would be remotely, or at least some part of it. But I just personally have a problem with a founder team that thinks it can have big success with working 40 hours/week, and they aren't that rare here.

I totally understand that you lost the fun while working your 9-5. But now your challenge could be getting that fun part back like it used to be.

I don't like giving advice if not asked for it. But honestly I think you should just quit, because you know what you're doing! Why not quit and try freelancing while working on your first company with some friends? You can finance your life and the company with the freelancing you're doing, and you won't have financial troubles if the company doesn't work. What do you think?

Stocks definitely is a good idea. Had a project in that direction which we never executed. Due to the huge competition in that market, so you'll need something really special that you can build your business around. But surely not a bad idea!

Sandy Dives

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jun 8, 2020
Norway
Yeah, it's great, but it's not something that will change a lot of people's lives for the better. We are not more than just a reseller of products others produced. And my passion isn't 100% in it, so I'll surely build it as big as possible but will probably leave my COO position in a few years. I just don't see myself working in that niche very long.
Will definitely check that sorry out thanks a lot! And I need to build one or two companies on the side, otherwise I'll have a problem with myself. :)

I'd like to build a big team, but currently with Covid it's not that easy. And I'd love if my next team would be remotely, or at least some part of it. But I just personally have a problem with a founder team that thinks it can have big success with working 40 hours/week, and they aren't that rare here.

I totally understand that you lost the fun while working your 9-5. But now your challenge could be getting that fun part back like it used to be.

I don't like giving advice if not asked for it. But honestly I think you should just quit, because you know what you're doing! Why not quit and try freelancing while working on your first company with some friends? You can finance your life and the company with the freelancing you're doing, and you won't have financial troubles if the company doesn't work. What do you think?

Stocks definitely is a good idea. Had a project in that direction which we never executed. Due to the huge competition in that market, so you'll need something really special that you can build your business around. But surely not a bad idea!

I feel you!
I have always been inspired by the Elon Musk story about how they slept in the office and worked every waking hour. That's what I want to do when I go all in on something.

Perhaps we should move to LA or something and start something together ;)

I understand, but thank you. I am thinking about it a lot actually, I'm just afraid I'll use way too much time trying to get customers or something.

Right now I'm getting a professional lawyer to check out the legality behind what I want to do (it's juridical challenging). That might be my first venture :)

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
I feel you!
I have always been inspired by the Elon Musk story about how they slept in the office and worked every waking hour. That's what I want to do when I go all in on something.

Perhaps we should move to LA or something and start something together ;)

I understand, but thank you. I am thinking about it a lot actually, I'm just afraid I'll use way too much time trying to get customers or something.

Right now I'm getting a professional lawyer to check out the legality behind what I want to do (it's juridical challenging). That might be my first venture :)
Love that idea of going all in and sleeping in the office. That's my dream!

Haha, you're joking about moving to LA, but my friends my bags are already packed or at least mentally ;)
The only thing that really is keeping me back from just jumping in a plan is that: If I can't build a really successful business here why will it work in LA? And maybe the fact that my girlfriend will probably kill me, but that will work out someway or another.

Oh, that sounds interesting. Keep me updated!

Sandy Dives

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jun 8, 2020
Norway
Love that idea of going all in and sleeping in the office. That's my dream!

Haha, you're joking about moving to LA, but my friends my bags are already packed or at least mentally ;)
The only thing that really is keeping me back from just jumping in a plan is that: If I can't build a really successful business here why will it work in LA? And maybe the fact that my girlfriend will probably kill me, but that will work out someway or another.

Oh, that sounds interesting. Keep me updated!

Haha, no I have actually thought a lot about it. It doesn't really have to be LA though, but somewhere sunny and that's cheap to live and rent offices or whatnot.

I have the same thought, all though what's holding me more back here at home is that people know me, it's a small country and I fear failing and people finding out, I think. I really think a completely new place would make you more confident, also serve as a shift in reality. You could meet new people + the US have a really big economy.

My problems with moving now: 1, Covid, getting to know new people and not just sit inside a box all day will be hard? 2, If I do it, it'll be completely alone, no friends are at the same point as me in life where they can get a visa or just move like I can, all thought this isn't really a problem as I love to meet new people and make friends. Have no problems doing that alone, just a little frightening :D 3, I would need a visa to be able to live there and receive money. I could get a job and get a H-1B or something, but I don't know if I can just quit some time after doing that and start something of my own.

I'll keep you updated :)

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Haha, no I have actually thought a lot about it. It doesn't really have to be LA though, but somewhere sunny and that's cheap to live and rent offices or whatnot.

I have the same thought, all though what's holding me more back here at home is that people know me, it's a small country and I fear failing and people finding out, I think. I really think a completely new place would make you more confident, also serve as a shift in reality. You could meet new people + the US have a really big economy.

My problems with moving now: 1, Covid, getting to know new people and not just sit inside a box all day will be hard? 2, If I do it, it'll be completely alone, no friends are at the same point as me in life where they can get a visa or just move like I can, all thought this isn't really a problem as I love to meet new people and make friends. Have no problems doing that alone, just a little frightening :D 3, I would need a visa to be able to live there and receive money. I could get a job and get a H-1B or something, but I don't know if I can just quit some time after doing that and start something of my own.

I'll keep you updated :)
Oh, wow you thought about that a lot. :)
Maybe a stupid idea, but isn't it possible to build your company here and then move it to the US and work under a working visa from your company? (just googled it, and it's possible but not as easy as I thought it would be)

I get the argument with moving alone, I think I'd probably move with a friend if it was possible. But I think it's rather good to move while we still have a Covid lockdown. Yeah, it's important to get to know people. But you can't go to festivals, concerts or whatever and that's good for your business ;) So you can focus 110% on building something.

The US is also one of my favorite options to move to, Canada isn't that bad either. I heard that South America should be great to start a company, but I'm not sure if I me myself there. What about you?

Sandy Dives

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jun 8, 2020
Norway
Oh, wow you thought about that a lot. :)
Maybe a stupid idea, but isn't it possible to build your company here and then move it to the US and work under a working visa from your company? (just googled it, and it's possible but not as easy as I thought it would be)

I get the argument with moving alone, I think I'd probably move with a friend if it was possible. But I think it's rather good to move while we still have a Covid lockdown. Yeah, it's important to get to know people. But you can't go to festivals, concerts or whatever and that's good for your business ;) So you can focus 110% on building something.

The US is also one of my favorite options to move to, Canada isn't that bad either. I heard that South America should be great to start a company, but I'm not sure if I me myself there. What about you?

I have actually thought about that, seems like that would be possible yeah. I will try some things here from Norway first as I have a few ideas to validate, but after that, if nothing takes off and the Covid situation has calmed down I'm very sure I'll move and get out into the world.

I agree with you, I guess I have just always liked the American culture and politics. The US is a more capitalistic country than Norway and therefore I see it as the land of opportunity when it comes to business. Also seems like a nice place to live in with warm weather and a lot of sun, really tired of the dark days and cold up here.

I also like southern Europe, like Italy, Spain and islands like Malta and Sicilia, all though they are better for retirement I think :D

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
I have actually thought about that, seems like that would be possible yeah. I will try some things here from Norway first as I have a few ideas to validate, but after that, if nothing takes off and the Covid situation has calmed down I'm very sure I'll move and get out into the world.

I agree with you, I guess I have just always liked the American culture and politics. The US is a more capitalistic country than Norway and therefore I see it as the land of opportunity when it comes to business. Also seems like a nice place to live in with warm weather and a lot of sun, really tired of the dark days and cold up here.

I also like southern Europe, like Italy, Spain and islands like Malta and Sicilia, all though they are better for retirement I think :D
Yeah, Southern Europe is great. The Only problem is that the work spirit is missing a little.
Generally Switzerland is amazing. Weather okay, people alright and work spirit are great. The only problems are high living costs, rather small economy and the fact that I'd love to start over in a new place. For me, it will be probably be LA. But similar to you, I first need to really prove to myself that I'm 100% in it.

So let's hope that our businesses work out, and we can start over in a new place.
If you need anything or need somebody to talk to just write me a PM!

Sandy Dives

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jun 8, 2020
Norway
Yeah, Southern Europe is great. The Only problem is that the work spirit is missing a little.
Generally Switzerland is amazing. Weather okay, people alright and work spirit are great. The only problems are high living costs, rather small economy and the fact that I'd love to start over in a new place. For me, it will be probably be LA. But similar to you, I first need to really prove to myself that I'm 100% in it.

So let's hope that our businesses work out, and we can start over in a new place.
If you need anything or need somebody to talk to just write me a PM!

Cool! Yeah me2 :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.