The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just had my Fed up event.

Share your FTE moment...

Charlot Jhon

Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 17, 2023
So like @Tubs , I'm going to share my progress every week. That way I'll be more committed to this adventure.

Hey, I just saw tubs' post and boy did it work. It has awakened my Fomo.

On this Tuesday, March 5, 2024. I'm writing to you in my family's living room, next to the open TV with some ear-splitting singers.

I had my fed up event (F*ck this event). So since Monday 4th I've been waking up at 5 a.m. to consume content, think, create ads.

I've got a school and a job on the side. I earn 751 euros a month. And I lost 3500 because of a bad plan.

So I'm starting from scratch. But not with nothing. I've invested in Iman Gadzhi's educate course, so I'm benefiting from lots of videos, advertising programs on ecomerce, SMMA as well as a face-to-face call with a real person who has run an SMMA agency.

Here's what I'll be doing during the week of March 4 to March 10.

- Prospect. I'm going to make 100 customer calls. I'm going to see real body shop managers face to face to try to ask them questions and get an appointment to talk, if they have time.

- Learn Facebook Ad. I'm going to learn how Facebook ad works. And lunch for the first time my first ad.

- Rework my website. I don't like the way I created it, I'll do it again.

- First customer. I'll convince my first customer to give me a free trial, to see just how profitable my SMMA Agency can be to him. Although I don't have much, I've managed to save 400. So I'm ready to send part of this savings for this client.

Have a nice day all.

"Action will bring you the success you desire. Men of action are favored by luck."
- The richest man in Babylon.

"The food of an ambitious man is nothing more than the shadow of a dream."
-William Shakespeare, Hamlet

I will update each week my situation on this post, as @Tubs

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You need to stop creating new threads with every thought that pops in your head.

I just had to spend 10 minutes of my life aggregating threads you started that don't belong in new threads and can be kept in one central location.

You're welcome to chronicle your progress in a progress thread; but we don't need a new thread every time you read one chapter of one book.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Also you now have entered Moderation Mode as you unlocked a new achievement... 50+ posts and below 50% power rating. The community has decided you are contributing low value.

Charlot Jhon

Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 17, 2023
Also you now have entered Moderation Mode as you unlocked a new achievement... 50+ posts and below 50% power rating. The community has decided you are contributing low value.
You need to stop creating new threads with every thought that pops in your head.

I just had to spend 10 minutes of my life aggregating threads you started that don't belong in new threads and can be kept in one central location.

You're welcome to chronicle your progress in a progress thread; but we don't need a new thread every time you read one chapter of one book.
Hello MJ DeMarco, I'm sorry for those mistakes. Thank you for this amount of time you took for me. And I realy want to apologise.

Dockid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Aug 23, 2022
So like @Tubs , I'm going to share my progress every week. That way I'll be more committed to this adventure.

Hey, I just saw tubs' post and boy did it work. It has awakened my Fomo.

On this Tuesday, March 5, 2024. I'm writing to you in my family's living room, next to the open TV with some ear-splitting singers.

I had my fed up event (F*ck this event). So since Monday 4th I've been waking up at 5 a.m. to consume content, think, create ads.

I've got a school and a job on the side. I earn 751 euros a month. And I lost 3500 because of a bad plan.

So I'm starting from scratch. But not with nothing. I've invested in Iman Gadzhi's educate course, so I'm benefiting from lots of videos, advertising programs on ecomerce, SMMA as well as a face-to-face call with a real person who has run an SMMA agency.

Here's what I'll be doing during the week of March 4 to March 10.

- Prospect. I'm going to make 100 customer calls. I'm going to see real body shop managers face to face to try to ask them questions and get an appointment to talk, if they have time.

- Learn Facebook Ad. I'm going to learn how Facebook ad works. And lunch for the first time my first ad.

- Rework my website. I don't like the way I created it, I'll do it again.

- First customer. I'll convince my first customer to give me a free trial, to see just how profitable my SMMA Agency can be to him. Although I don't have much, I've managed to save 400. So I'm ready to send part of this savings for this client.

Have a nice day all.

"Action will bring you the success you desire. Men of action are favored by luck."
- The richest man in Babylon.

-William Shakespeare, Hamlet

I will update each week my situation on this post, as @Tubs
"I've invested in Iman Gadzhi's educate course". You would learn a lot more by spending that $1.5k on ads.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello MJ DeMarco, I'm sorry for those mistakes. Thank you for this amount of time you took for me. And I realy want to apologise.

No worries, life and business is all about acting, assessing, then adjusting.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"I've invested in Iman Gadzhi's educate course". You would learn a lot more by spending that $1.5k on ads.
Meanwhile, I spend hours creating a free video on how to get ads running in 5 minutes and reams of free content on how to get clients. Makes me lose the will to live sometimes...

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Meanwhile, I spend hours creating a free video on how to get ads running in 5 minutes and reams of free content on how to get clients. Makes me lose the will to live sometimes...
Awww, but the live that we did not long ago was great!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Awww, but the live that we did not long ago was great!
Yes, it was good live call. I'm more shaking my head in wonderment than losing the will to live.

Charlot Jhon

Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 17, 2023
Hello Andy! I'm interested in what you are saying, I'm seeking a lot of value and great content about copywriting and running ads. Where I can find your free content? On youtube? Or in the forum?

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
When you joined the forum you wrote that you are from French Guiana and that you are currently studying in France.

Can you not see a single thing in France that at some point will be common with a middle class in Guiana or a product in Guiana that maybe the French don't have?

Dan

Charlot Jhon

Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 17, 2023
When you joined the forum you wrote that you are from French Guiana and that you are currently studying in France.

Can you not see a single thing in France that at some point will be common with a middle class in Guiana or a product in Guiana that maybe the French don't have?

Dan
Hello Dan! Thank you for your message.
I'm thinking about your question, and I don't think there's anything in common for people living in French Guiana that would interest the French. Because the majority of products in French Guiana are imported from mainland France. In fact, the department is lagging far behind France, and everything that's successful in the region is made mainly in France. The opposite can be interesting, with products or concepts that are common here in Paris. Can be successful in Cayenne, French Guiana.

For exemple, Find I way where you can sell AF1 in large quantity in Cayenne, and I can tell you that a lot of teenagers will like it. You'll quickly run out of stock.

But it would be interesting if I could find something that is mainly produced on Guyanese soil and nowhere else, that the French will like it. I'd like to think about it, but you have to understand that I'm in the SMMA right now.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello Andy! I'm interested in what you are saying, I'm seeking a lot of value and great content about copywriting and running ads. Where I can find your free content? On youtube? Or in the forum?
Here's a few:
  1. You don't need to be an expert
  2. The Shortest Google Ads Tutorial Ever
  3. How to quickly get started in business
  4. Selling Google Ads as a Service
  5. Andy's Inbound/Sales Braindump

Charlot Jhon

Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 17, 2023
Thanks Andy! I've just seen the links you shared with me, and it's greatly helpful. Right now, I'm trying to get appointments with body shop managers to just identify the problems they're facing. Now I'm thinking more about how I can help them, instead of thinking about how I can line my own pockets. I have a phone call appointment with one of them. If I can see that in each of my interviews, the same problems recur, it will be very interesting.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks Andy! I've just seen the links you shared with me, and it's greatly helpful. Right now, I'm trying to get appointments with body shop managers to just identify the problems they're facing. Now I'm thinking more about how I can help them, instead of thinking about how I can line my own pockets. I have a phone call appointment with one of them. If I can see that in each of my interviews, the same problems recur, it will be very interesting.
Well done. Focusing on help people solve their problems is a great mondset shift and first step.

When you chat with them, act as if they paid you $500 for the call. Chat, get to know them / build a bit of rapport, and then find out how best you can help them. Help on the call if you can. Don't try to pitch your services. Leave it for them to ask, and if they don't then just bid them a cheery farewell.

Over time you'll get better at helping them, start finding recurring problems, and they'll start referring people to you.

Bonus tip: Ask them to give you a testimonial on LinkedIn if they seem to think they got value. It might be a but early for you to do this so maybe leave that till later.

Building these relationships and your mindset is more important for you at this stage than pushing for sales imo.

Charlot Jhon

Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 17, 2023
Well done. Focusing on help people solve their problems is a great mondset shift and first step.

When you chat with them, act as if they paid you $500 for the call. Chat, get to know them / build a bit of rapport, and then find out how best you can help them. Help on the call if you can. Don't try to pitch your services. Leave it for them to ask, and if they don't then just bid them a cheery farewell.

Over time you'll get better at helping them, start finding recurring problems, and they'll start referring people to you.

Bonus tip: Ask them to give you a testimonial on LinkedIn if they seem to think they got value. It might be a but early for you to do this so maybe leave that till later.

Building these relationships and your mindset is more important for you at this stage than pushing for sales imo.
Thank you very much! And After, what will be next?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thank you very much! And After, what will be next?
"Overthinking is the art of solving problems you don't have."

Do the first things first right?

Charlot Jhon

Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 17, 2023
Okay, here's my progress from March 04, to today, March 10, 2024.

Since Monday of this week, I've been getting up at 5 a.m., so I can take advantage of the dawn and the silence to learn. I've read Sell Like Crazy and Personal MBA. And just after, on my way to school, I called clients all over the French nation. And it's amazing how big this nation is. I think big.

I haven't done it yet, but I have customers to call in Germany, Switzerland and even Canada (Quebec).

My advice to you, if you're in a nation as big and influential as France, or even bigger. Try to think big, don't just call people in your own country, try other regions.

During the breaks between noon and 2.30pm, some students are inside the school eating and chatting, others are outside eating in McDonald's.

Me? I wasn't eating, I was outside looking for body shop managers. I was outside, and it was my ambition that fed me. (I'm targeting body shops as a niche, but I'm planning to add technical control centers, which would be really interesting, because I'd be able to play on fear in my advertising, which would attract the attention of potential customers).

I called and called again and again with no result, until Friday afternoon, when I had a good conversation with a Quebecer. He stopped me in mid-speech to tell me about his situation, and I told him it would be a great pleasure to discuss the matter further on the next call next week, to which he gladly replied.

Since Friday, I've been learning copywriting with Tyson 4D and his free lessons. I'm going to write a few copies every day, just to practice, share and improve, so I can make the most of the domino effect.
I had already signed up a few months ago. But I never really got very far. I quickly stopped copywriting.

Which reminds me of chapter 1 of Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, which I've just read. Never give up. And that only the persistent will succeed. I wasn't persistant, and in fact, I was on the verge of giving up.

Nothing have changed yet. But I'm on my way.
Thank you for the time you take to read me. And I wish you a good night/day.
See you next week.

00h01, stop writing. 03/11/2024.

"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it."
- Proverbs, 4:23

"Men of action are favored by luck."
- The richest man in babylon.

- William Shakespear, Hamlet.

Charlot Jhon

Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 17, 2023
"Overthinking is the art of solving problems you don't have."

Do the first things first right?

Have you ever run google ads to hire employees? And does it work well for that?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Have you ever run google ads to hire employees? And does it work well for that?
Hmm. I've run campaigns and generated leads of people looking for jobs. Those worked well. Those leads didn't turn into hires as that wasn't the business model.

Charlot Jhon

Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 17, 2023
Monday 11th to Sunday 18th

Oh gee, I forgot to do the recap yesterday, but there's not much to say,

I've tried and tried, still no customers. I wrote a few texts that I shared to improve myself. But last Thursday, I received a message saying that my google account had been deactivated.

Which goes with a lot of my private information, my google doc, photo, gmail and my youtube channel.

Which goes back to MJ DeMarco's control command, it took one person, or even a bot, to stop all my energy and activity.

I advise you to identify this weak point in your business, whether it's just the fact that you're dependent on a single person, a single platform, or a single Google account.

Today is Monday, I'm looking at my screen, it's 8:59pm. Nothing has changed.

In the meantime, I'm still writing and recording videos and learning copywriting. This one thing will take me far away

Thank you for you attention my friend. And please, have a nice day!

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
- Proverbs 4:23

"The quitter never wins, the winner never gives up."
- Napoleon Hill

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content