The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For those who haven't made a sale yet...

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
What's really interesting about mindset and our thought process, is that it doesn't exist for real.

What I mean by this, is the fact that our psychological process is a petty attempt at trying to figure out what is going on around us. It is not reality, it's our best guess at what reality might look like.

The movie that is playing inside our head and the story that we keep telling ourselves is our own imagination.

We cannot see the world as it truly is. We will only see it as we are - which means that our past experiences will shape and distort our own perception of the world.

We are all flawed, and by extension, any mindset that we develop will be flawed and biased to some extent.

But the difference between a good mindset and a bad mindset, is that the former is closer to the truth. It's a more accurate description of reality.

And that's why it works. That's why having a good mindset will result in success: because what you think you know is very close to what is actually happening for real.

Your beliefs will determine your actions.
If your actions do not have success as a consequence, it means that they are the wrong actions. Which means that you are using the wrong mindset.

Reality will always tell you if you are right or wrong. Always.

The only question is, do you have the humility and courage to accept the fact that you are fundamentally wrong?

Do you truly want to change?

WRONG

Your mindset is wrong.
Then explain to me how my mindset is wrong (detached from reality) and what awesome advice I refuse to follow.
Name an example.
Everybody here is telling me to move my mindset away from reality into fairytale land.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Then explain to me how my mindset is wrong (detached from reality) and what awesome advice I refuse to follow.
Name an example.
Everybody here is telling me to move my mindset away from reality into fairytale land.
I am beginning to get irritated by this discussion of mindset and not mindset. Why can't it be taken somewhere else. To a thread about mindset for example. This thread is about making a sale.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Began talking with another printer. He is a neighbour and a childhood friend. Grew up in the same neighbourhood. He went into hustling early in the printing and ICT world. Also plays piano. I went on with school.

He was quite honest.

What I got from him.
  • Printing in my city is expensive. The city is small and a little behind times.
  • Need to do the design and print in Kampala. The prices there are more friendly.
  • Paper size determines cost of printing. The larger the paper size the higher the cost. The opposite is also true.
  • Color printing increases cost of printing. Even when the colour in the manuscript is negligible, such as in my manuscript where I have only coloured headings of chapters. Therefore, colour printing will be only for cover page. Colour is not needed for heading.
  • I can't imagine I was going to print colour, yet black and white is sufficient. Blindness is also with us sometimes. And we don't recognise it.
Offered to design the cover page today. Going to meet him in two hours and have it designed.

Fingers crossed.

The previous printers I met, one was too expensive and ignorant of book printing. The other knew what to do but was very unreliable and not good at keeping promises. I moved on yesterday.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Met the person I was to meet an hour or so ago.

Good conversation it was.

He has been in printing now 7 years.

Wants to start his own biz in printing industry. Will one day gift him TMF , or Unscripted .

Someone gave a good review about him, i.e. he is reliable and keeps his word.

Learned more
  • The printers in Kampala are good at price. But bad at quality products. They may print at 2$ or less and give a faulty product.
  • Will print with supervision from a place which allows it at a tolerable cost.
Still establishing a business relationship. At least he talks more openly. Will see what comes out of it. I have a hunch it will be good.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022
No.
You already are in fairytale land.

You cannot see reality as it really is.

There are billions of people around the world that live in abject poverty, that are old, sick, or severely disabled, and would do anything to live the life that you are living. Being in a first world country, with food, clean water, a programming background, and still relatively young.

You are blind and cannot see the amazing opportunities that are all around you.

Keep playing the victim, and more problems will come.

You will stay trapped in your own psychological game, while blaming the world and the forum for not understanding your "complex mindset".

Name an example.
You know perfectly well why things are going the way they are.

It's because this is how you made them.

Why are you doing this to yourself, is something that you will have to discuss with the man in the mirror.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I am beginning to get irritated by this discussion of mindset and not mindset. Why can't it be taken somewhere else. To a thread about mindset for example. This thread is about making a sale.
I think this is a good place for mindset dicsussions actually.

I'd say mindset is the biggest hurdle to making that first sale.

MarioL

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 4, 2023
In two years from now I will be in a much better position, not worse. The product I intend to sell (myself) will be sold astronomically easier with what I will have then than if I tried to sell myself now. I appreciate the uplifting words but I try not to be swept away by sensationalism. This "GO GO GO HUSTLE GRIND RISK IT ALL NOTHING TO LOSE LIFE OR DEATH" mentality is truly overplayed. I think it's foolish to quit my job and dive all in. Why not wait, continue with the job, start once I'm ready whilst still working the job?

I do have a plan. It's less vague than "2 years" from now but I use that time frame as an example as it's easier to understand from the outside looking in. In the meantime I intend on improving my shape and competing at least once. I'm willing to let this take time.

Is it monotonous to reserve myself to being a Security Guard for the next 2 years? Absolutely. But I genuinely look at bodybuilding as my one and only goal in life at the moment. One that I eventually intend to monetize beyond $100k a year. I live and breathe nothing but bodybuilding. I research it all day, read, watch videos, think about it, prep for it, train, and talk about it. I know in time that I will be successful in the field as I'm completely devoted. But I wish to be my version of ready, and that isn't now.

I realize this is the fastlane forums, but it also depends on what your idea of success is. For example, if I could make a Security Guard salary being a bodybuilder full-time, I'd consider that success as I'd get to do what I love for a living. I know there's a chance for an income far greater than that but my bare-minimum ambition is in close reach.
At the same time as keeping your job, create a youtube channel and start posting videos of your journey. It cost nothing. You have a passion and are continuously updating your knowledge reading, trying things out. Pust about it. As you build a following over (2 years) a period. You will have people who like you and trust you for what you are doing. Regular posting with selling anything pure content, value and the story of your journey. When you come to launch your own product or service you will already have an audience that you have built up. To sell to without having to start from scratch. Hope this helps.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I think this is a good place for mindset dicsussions actually.
I'd say mindset is the biggest hurdle to making that first sale.
Think I am getting impatient with this guy's arguments. Why does somebody keep refusing what is obvious? Maybe it is not all that obvious.

MarioL

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 4, 2023
I am probably in an emotional state where I should not write such a comment, but the whole JLE vs the world discussion is really getting to me.

It is so easy to say the issue are excuses and that it is a mindset issue. My whole experience with mindset is that it is a result of your circumstances.
Yanking your mindset elsewhere gets you excited for 10 seconds and you are back in the gutter once reality catches up again.

The suggestions I see here are non actionable bs advice. All I see is virtue signalling, nobody who really takes the profound issues seriously.
If I have got this wrong apologies in advance. I have not read all the comments and your answers.

I found this book helpful and explained a lot about why you are where you are and what you can do about it to create your own circumstances.
"robert fritz path of least resistance"
Opened my eyes - here's the thing, you have to choose to make the change or you will be saying the same things over and over again for years, and can't find a way out.
PS. I have had many things happen and its worse when played out in front of your family who are looking to you for answers. Happy to say in a much better place now.
Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If you're saying the same thing a month later you're stuck.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Think I am getting impatient with this guy's arguments. Why does somebody keep refusing what is obvious? Maybe it is not all that obvious.
Everybody makes it sound like I refuse to flick a switch and I keep that I have been convinced by everything at some point and am still trying everything.

I maneuvered myself into the position I am in (getting the salary I make now). I do stick to the lessons of the books.

I am probably in the top three in clocked time trying to find an angle for launching a digital product to follow the Lex-passive-income-challenge-thingie.
I have a GoalSumo.com streak that probably few have.
I try to keep my finger on the pulse of technology and instead of watching Netflix and local newspapers I look for forums and sources that explain what really goes on in the world (I am NOT saying I do a good job at that). I listen to podcast and keep consuming content like Carmacks endeavors, Lex Fridman podcasts etc.

I have founded my company. I have set up the development environment. I have read about mission statements, I have a solid inner score card. A few years ago the "you know enough, start providing value" message and was fully on board.

What I am saying is that I have not been able to crack this nut. When I list what people call limiting beliefs (I am not smart enough, I don't see things that others call obvious, I am trying to expand my comfort zone but it is causes a pain that is roughly like cutting your arm off, I can't breathe, I'd need four hour blocks to work on something meaningful and the day job doesn't leave room for that etc.) I try to find the sticking point, I don't blame anybody and it does not mean I say this as I sit in the corner and sulk. I thought it might be an interesting data point or even case study for a few that are interested in hardship cases, so to speak, but apparently everybody agrees that I just want to insult the forum gods, which was never my intention.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Let's draw a line in the sand.

What are you doing to make a sale, this week?

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Nov 21, 2016
Everybody makes it sound like I refuse to flick a switch and I keep that I have been convinced by everything at some point and am still trying everything.

I maneuvered myself into the position I am in (getting the salary I make now). I do stick to the lessons of the books.

I am probably in the top three in clocked time trying to find an angle for launching a digital product to follow the Lex-passive-income-challenge-thingie.
I have a GoalSumo.com streak that probably few have.
I try to keep my finger on the pulse of technology and instead of watching Netflix and local newspapers I look for forums and sources that explain what really goes on in the world (I am NOT saying I do a good job at that). I listen to podcast and keep consuming content like Carmacks endeavors, Lex Fridman podcasts etc.

I have founded my company. I have set up the development environment. I have read about mission statements, I have a solid inner score card. A few years ago the "you know enough, start providing value" message and was fully on board.

What I am saying is that I have not been able to crack this nut. When I list what people call limiting beliefs (I am not smart enough, I don't see things that others call obvious, I am trying to expand my comfort zone but it is causes a pain that is roughly like cutting your arm off, I can't breathe, I'd need four hour blocks to work on something meaningful and the day job doesn't leave room for that etc.) I try to find the sticking point, I don't blame anybody and it does not mean I say this as I sit in the corner and sulk. I thought it might be an interesting data point or even case study for a few that are interested in hardship cases, so to speak, but apparently everybody agrees that I just want to insult the forum gods, which was never my intention.
1684018272967.png
Here's the thing though -- you've said that you've been working at this for decades with nothing to show for it. Lex's post you referenced explained how to setup an online business in 30 days or less. If you've been "grinding" for decades, you're doing something wrong. You're action-faking or you're consuming way too much material instead of actually doing something. And by "doing something", I mean attacking a problem that is right in front of you. Not continuing a GoalSumo.com streak or listening to another podcast. The whole point of this post is to identify a barrier you're having (specifically to getting your first sale) and crush it. You need to actually go do this. I am genuinely rooting for you but you have to be the one taking action. There is no podcast or website accolade that is going to magically do it for you. Ultimately, the athletes win or lose the game; not the cheerleaders.

Last edited:

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Shared the story behind the book with a prospect who had given an excuse against buying for her students.

This is her response copied and pasted:
Wow, these are great ideas put in action. When colleagues read and got through it I believe they will love it. I have not shared with anyone else yet
Sent it at night. She sent that a few hours later. Seems to mean she will share it with others.

I want to refine that story and send it out as a follow-up to the book picture or so.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I'd need four hour blocks to work on something meaningful and the day job doesn't leave room for that etc.)

Can u shrink it to a two or three hour block? Use drive time, shower time and other mindless task time to think about your business as well. Surely you can axe out something in your life. Didn't read whole thread so don't know the whole story, but wondering do you have any addiction or personal issues not addressing holding you back? I can relate as have tons of personal issues that I've failed to be realistic about and to be honest I've had tons of time with no job anchor and didn't execute due to tons of excuses, than have had FT exhausting job and was able to get so much more done bootstrapping. I think you got some solutions around you that just need to open eyes too.

Tomco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 9, 2023
For those who haven't made a sale yet, reply below with what you're struggling with.

What I'm currently struggling with is that I don't know how I can provide value with what I already know.
I also tend to change my short term goals frequently, depending on what content I'm consuming or what the guys on the web say is hot right now (I've since learned NOT to do this). In fact, I tried my hand in coding, picked up a book on drop shipping (didn't even finish it) and even posted some random vids on YouTube.
Before I came across your posts, I thought I was doing something 'productive' by watching info videos or reading books. After all I was reading something new, which *might* lead me to making that first sale, I thought to myself.
But now I realize the situation as it is; I was just consuming random things, hoping something good falls in my lap. Slowly, I've come to balance out producing vs. consuming, meaning if I learn something new, I either make a video explaining it to myself and posting it on YouTube, or trying to be more active on these forums.
But I'm still worried that this is another form of action faking, as I feel I haven't made any progress whatsoever.
So, basically that's why I'm struggling to make the first sale as I practically have no idea what I'm doing.

As to the questions you listed:

1) What currently keeps a roof over your head?

1) Full-Time Job

2) What do people already come to you for help with?

2) Since I'm good at memorizing and organizing things, people come to me asking for tips on recipes and ingredients (I work in a kitchen). In my free time I have also constructed several Google Docs on the recipes we frequently use in the kitchen, and shared them with others

3) If someone had a gun to your head and said you need to make a sale this week then what would you do?

3) Tough one this, as I don't really know what to do... Perhaps if it is life and death situation, I could go up to a stranger in the streets and offer to cook them a meal for a fee?

4) If money was no object what work would you be doing?

4) I would be reading books and writing fiction stories. Cue in the usual having materialistic wealth, but I think that if money were not a thing, I would be travelling the world and spending more time with my family.

Thank you for reading this far, and any kind of feedback is greatly appreciated!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What I'm currently struggling with is that I don't know how I can provide value with what I already know.
I also tend to change my short term goals frequently, depending on what content I'm consuming or what the guys on the web say is hot right now (I've since learned NOT to do this). In fact, I tried my hand in coding, picked up a book on drop shipping (didn't even finish it) and even posted some random vids on YouTube.
Before I came across your posts, I thought I was doing something 'productive' by watching info videos or reading books. After all I was reading something new, which *might* lead me to making that first sale, I thought to myself.
But now I realize the situation as it is; I was just consuming random things, hoping something good falls in my lap. Slowly, I've come to balance out producing vs. consuming, meaning if I learn something new, I either make a video explaining it to myself and posting it on YouTube, or trying to be more active on these forums.
But I'm still worried that this is another form of action faking, as I feel I haven't made any progress whatsoever.
So, basically that's why I'm struggling to make the first sale as I practically have no idea what I'm doing.

As to the questions you listed:

1) Full-Time Job

2) Since I'm good at memorizing and organizing things, people come to me asking for tips on recipes and ingredients (I work in a kitchen). In my free time I have also constructed several Google Docs on the recipes we frequently use in the kitchen, and shared them with others

3) Tough one this, as I don't really know what to do... Perhaps if it is life and death situation, I could go up to a stranger in the streets and offer to cook them a meal for a fee?

4) I would be reading books and writing fiction stories. Cue in the usual having materialistic wealth, but I think that if money were not a thing, I would be travelling the world and spending more time with my family.

Thank you for reading this far, and any kind of feedback is greatly appreciated!
Maybe focusing on the people you help will stop you jumping from business model to business model?

Also, do some Google and YouTube searches for those recipes you share with your friends. Are there any ads? What do they sell?

These might help:

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Let's draw a line in the sand.

What are you doing to make a sale, this week?
I will contact my advisor and ask if she knows if I am golden (legally speaking). We need to decide what the business is about when founding a company. My company is officially about providing subscriptions for SaaS solutions.
Not sure if I can legally sell digital products without making a change.

While waiting for the response, I will use Midjourney to put together a reference book for artists focussing on faces (ethnicities and expressions). I'll try to get that up (as a PDF?) on Etsy. I think I saw that they currently allow AI generated content.
I have created a ton of images like these:
Signature_wtf_expressions_female_and_male_faces_reference_sketc_23d88b44-ca21-4edc-9bfc-f5e411...png

Signature_african_american_females_and_males_reference_sketch_c_24fec792-d4ec-4f17-8750-591b18...png

Tomco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 9, 2023
First of all, thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it! Now I'll write out my thoughts (I apologize if it's lengthy, boring or not the place for it, just want to document what I took from the feedback)
Maybe focusing on the people you help will stop you jumping from business model to business model?
This is valuable right here, sort of like reverse engineering a problem. So, right now, the people I'm helping are all sort of related to the cooking industry. As @rsmallri said as well:

Can you find a niche in cooking and make cookbooks for it?
I guess if I were to find a niche in the cooking industry, I'm really helping out culinary students. Let me explain my reasoning:

Just recently I finished my culinary studies, and something which I personally struggled with (and still is) was finding reliable recipes to follow. Usually for one dish you could find dozens of different recipes and instructions on the web (especially for baking and pastry work) which would yield wildly different results. So throughout my studies, whenever I come across a good recipe, I'll keep hold of it. I remember even back in school, others would ask me for certain recipes (I have a bomb cake recipe, if you guys want to try ). That's why I took the initiative at work.

Also, do some Google and YouTube searches for those recipes you share with your friends. Are there any ads? What do they sell?
I didn't really understand this part, but my train of thought went with how I document those recipes. @rsmallri suggested listing recipes online and building a community there, but the recipes I have aren't really 'my property' or original; some of them have been collected by my head chef and he shared them with us...
But perhaps I could follow through with @Lex DeVille's advice and build a webpage, all with the aim of helping culinary students find good recipes.

Another thought I had was maybe designing a simple recipe app? Since right now all my recipes are scattered around, some are written by hand, some are on Google Drive, and some more are on a different notes app altogether. Punching holes into my own reasoning but, truth be told, I have never used a proper recipe app before, so I don't really know if there is a need for it.
However, recently I read a Gold Post by @Johnny boy on testing ideas (basically, cheep, fast and accurate). I could ask around with my colleagues (in the kitchen) what they think about a recipe app as well, and move on from there.
Again, I had this idea circulating for a while (hence why I started to learn how to code) but quickly lost sight of it as I didn't know where and how to continue (is Java better than Python? Is this actually worth my time? How do you launch an app?) I did research into it, but the multitude of information available on the web just overwhelmed me (in the end I was just watching YouTube tutorials and copying what I saw - I felt that this was a massive action fake, that's why I dropped it).

I apologize again for the long post and if I come off as whining about my situation. I just wanted to put down my reasoning on paper, so to speak, for me to come back to later on, although any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
First of all, thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it! Now I'll write out my thoughts (I apologize if it's lengthy, boring or not the place for it, just want to document what I took from the feedback)

This is valuable right here, sort of like reverse engineering a problem. So, right now, the people I'm helping are all sort of related to the cooking industry. As @rsmallri said as well:

I guess if I were to find a niche in the cooking industry, I'm really helping out culinary students. Let me explain my reasoning:

Just recently I finished my culinary studies, and something which I personally struggled with (and still is) was finding reliable recipes to follow. Usually for one dish you could find dozens of different recipes and instructions on the web (especially for baking and pastry work) which would yield wildly different results. So throughout my studies, whenever I come across a good recipe, I'll keep hold of it. I remember even back in school, others would ask me for certain recipes (I have a bomb cake recipe, if you guys want to try ). That's why I took the initiative at work.

I didn't really understand this part, but my train of thought went with how I document those recipes. @rsmallri suggested listing recipes online and building a community there, but the recipes I have aren't really 'my property' or original; some of them have been collected by my head chef and he shared them with us...
But perhaps I could follow through with @Lex DeVille's advice and build a webpage, all with the aim of helping culinary students find good recipes.

Another thought I had was maybe designing a simple recipe app? Since right now all my recipes are scattered around, some are written by hand, some are on Google Drive, and some more are on a different notes app altogether. Punching holes into my own reasoning but, truth be told, I have never used a proper recipe app before, so I don't really know if there is a need for it.
However, recently I read a Gold Post by @Johnny boy on testing ideas (basically, cheep, fast and accurate). I could ask around with my colleagues (in the kitchen) what they think about a recipe app as well, and move on from there.
Again, I had this idea circulating for a while (hence why I started to learn how to code) but quickly lost sight of it as I didn't know where and how to continue (is Java better than Python? Is this actually worth my time? How do you launch an app?) I did research into it, but the multitude of information available on the web just overwhelmed me (in the end I was just watching YouTube tutorials and copying what I saw - I felt that this was a massive action fake, that's why I dropped it).

I apologize again for the long post and if I come off as whining about my situation. I just wanted to put down my reasoning on paper, so to speak, for me to come back to later on, although any feedback is greatly appreciated!
I suggest you stop thinking about an app and just start helping folks?

Maybe check out these two:

AnonMV

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 15, 2023
Mumbai, India
I have many ideas that I know could be worth a lot, but I find no way to bootstrap any because I can't find an appealing feature set for an MVP that can be developed on the side. Figuring out payment processing that complies with all the laws is one of the hurdles that makes me want to kill myself.

1.) My day job that takes up 8h + each work day
2.) I would want that guy to pull the trigger, my life sucks
3.) I am mostly a ghost, at work I am tolerated as a cog in the software development machine
4.) Hire people who are smarter than I am and who can tame complexity - but not sure I would be able to sell my vision
Are you sure of the fact that your MVP cannot be developed for cheap on the side? You really don't need a functional product to start selling, you know? Just a Landing page and a video explaining the general concept of the end product.

AnonMV

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 15, 2023
Mumbai, India
I would learn all python in a week and make an app and whip my a$$ to sell to just one person.

Or

I would write another book. But this doesn't add up because publishing as yet isn't mostly in my power.
There's a publisher now taking forever with my manuscript. It sucks. The waiting.

I need to think of other things maybe. It is a wall.
Learning python isnt something you need to wait around for. It takes a couple of hours on every sunday morning for a month to become proficient enough in basic python. FreeCodeCamp has an excellent course on the same. As for building an app, unless your app involves AI to an extreme degree, python is not the language to learn for it. You should try Java, or maybe use a Nocode software.

Writing a book is a different ballgame, which I cannot comment on due to my lack of experience (as of now). However, you can always go to an authors forum and search for better publishers (or self publish a pdf)

AnonMV

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 15, 2023
Mumbai, India
Let's help those who haven't made a sale yet.

For those who haven't made a sale yet, reply below with what you're struggling with.

In the meantime, here's some questions for you to ponder:

1) What currently keeps a roof over your head?

2) What do people already come to you for help with?

3) If someone had a gun to your head and said you need to make a sale this week then what would you do?

4) If money was no object what work would you be doing?
My hypothesis right now is that I have been focused on money chasing and action faking, leaving me with no track record of value-producing execuetion. My purpose in being on this forum is to give value to all those who visit. I don't have to worry about sales for at least another month. I guarantee that I will have made the first sale by July 1st, as I will have demonstrated that I can provide value to the market.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Wh
My hypothesis right now is that I have been focused on money chasing and action faking, leaving me with no track record of value-producing execuetion. My purpose in being on this forum is to give value to all those who visit. I don't have to worry about sales for at least another month. I guarantee that I will have made the first sale by July 1st, as I will have demonstrated that I can provide value to the market.
What’s stopping you?

AnonMV

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 15, 2023
Mumbai, India
Wh

What’s stopping you?
At the very moment? I dont know what to sell. I know who I want to sell to (my dream customer, so as to speak), and I know a lot of stuff which I can potentially sell to them; but I don't know if the product I am offering will offer some value to them. To remedy that, I have decided to dedicate 3 hours a day, everyday to places like this forum where my dream customers hang out, providing value to my customers to seek soft proof of what the marketmind values

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I know a lot of stuff which I can potentially sell to them; but I don't know if the product I am offering will offer some value to them.
When will you find out the answer to this void? When will you determine whether the product is of value to the target market?

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I will contact my advisor and ask if she knows if I am golden (legally speaking). We need to decide what the business is about when founding a company. My company is officially about providing subscriptions for SaaS solutions.
Not sure if I can legally sell digital products without making a change.

While waiting for the response, I will use Midjourney to put together a reference book for artists focussing on faces (ethnicities and expressions). I'll try to get that up (as a PDF?) on Etsy. I think I saw that they currently allow AI generated content.
I have created a ton of images like these:
View attachment 48797

View attachment 48798
Can you generate sort of videos from these images? I think there is a way. I imagine videos appeal more.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.