The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlaners of TFLF, what are the 3 main choices that led to your success?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Greetings everyone,
I am always very curious about successful people's habits and daily activities. Maybe some of you are willing to share the TOP 3, which could either be things you do daily or a choice you consciously made once. I am interested in the essence of what you think had or has the biggest impact on steering life into the direction you want.
Success is not only defined by monetary success. While that is very interesting, and of course in the end why most of us have joined here, if you think there was something else life-changing you have achieved which serves you to this day, you are welcome to share it.
So, looking forward to your replies!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Maybe some of you are willing to share the TOP 3

1) Having the right expectations of the daily process/habits that results demand. (Ex: There are no shortcuts.)
2) Realizing the impact of a growth mindset, and the choices that evolve from there.
3) Understanding the role of mathematics and probability in all things you do.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
1) Choose yourself. Don't focus on other peoples thoughts, expectations etc. Focus on number 1, and everything can grow from there.
2) Commit to the process. As MJ said, there's no shortcuts, Rome wasn't built in a day but you have to start somewhere!
3) ENJOY learning new things. get excited to broaden your mind to whats possible in the world!

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Thank you so much for posting! @MJ DeMarco and @Bearcorp !
Your words inspired me to send a mail to all my customers which I haven't heard from in a while, giving them info about some newly acquired services I offer today and some things which have gotten slightly cheaper to do.
Please more of those golden nuggets! I know you are here ;)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'll share only one because it was VASTLY more important than everything else.

I read @SteveO's thread One Trick Pony and decided to follow his advice by doubling down on my business. I made a conscious choice not to pursue any other opportunities and it has made ALL the difference.

Making a commitment to FOCUS on the right thing is the most important choice you can make.

By the way, here's a great post about this topic: Switch strategies | Derek Sivers I love this part:

Then when something is extra-rewarding, it’s time to switch strategies. Focus all of your energy on this one thing. Don’t be leisurely. Strike while it’s hot. Be a freak. Give it everything you’ve got.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
1) Instead of wasting money on dabbling, keep an eye on the marketplace here and pay for decent coaching. When I say "decent", I mean someone who earned his stripes already.

2) What MJ also says, keep improving all the time. Open your mind to new things. Get rid of bias. Get rid of apocalyptic news and negative people.

3) Follow fear. Comfort zone is the enemy. The best way to be unsuccessful is to choose the easiest road all the time. Don't choose the short comfort over the long comfort.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'll share only one because it was VASTLY more important than everything else.

I read @SteveO's thread One Trick Pony and decided to follow his advice by doubling down on my business. I made a conscious choice not to pursue any other opportunities and it has made ALL the difference.

Making a commitment to FOCUS on the right thing is the most important choice you can make.

By the way, here's a great post about this topic: Switch strategies | Derek Sivers I love this part:
Thanks for the reminder @MTF

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
1) Having the right expectations of the daily process/habits that results demand. (Ex: There are no shortcuts.)
2) Realizing the impact of a growth mindset, and the choices that evolve from there.
3) Understanding the role of mathematics and probability in all things you do.

Powerful, MJ DeMarco...

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
@MTF thank you, the Pony parabel is powerful (and quirky :) ) indeed. Very true. Focus is sooo important.
@Longinus thanks, the Inside is one of those places where decent mentoring is abundant and I have not regret once the entry fee.
Following fear had led me to one of my biggest successes yet. It was one of the most important lessons I ever had to learn. Without overcoming fear, nothing is possible. Afterwards, you are born anew. Or something like that.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.