The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Every time I do this, I fail. And so will you.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Guts

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jul 8, 2018
Hello guys. I wanted to mention something about my experiences in life that are applicable for business and day to day life. Every time I doubted myself, I found myself doing worse. I gave myself a reason to fail. It's like just the idea of me doubting myself made me lose my confidence. And without confidence, there is no execution. You see, fear only helps me survive. But it never let me live. I never lived my full potential because I was afraid of failure, afraid of losing my comfortable life that is not really comfortable to begin with. The next time I act, I will embrace failure for it is nothing more than a lesson that is supposed to be taught. I will think of the actions I want to do, but no longer will doubt encumber my confidence.

2.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon Rad

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 29, 2019
Germany Hessen
I also noticed this
What kind of helps me is saying "F*ck you" to myself everytime i begin to doubt myself.

this kind of Aggression is what helps me through many situations.
its important to note that im not hating on myself, im basically cursing loud in my head and just Attack !

a Simple "Lets go" or smth simular can also fire you up i guess haha.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3-CpzZJl8w

*Tries to life the X-Wing out of the swamp using the force. Luke struggles and the X-Wing crashes back into the swamp.
Luke: We're never going to get out of here R2.
*Yoda notices a defeated look on Luke's face. Yoda then gets the X-Wing out of the swamp using the Force.
Luke(in awe): I don't believe this!
Yoda: That is why you fail.
*Star Wars force theme song begins to play...

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Hello guys. I wanted to mention something about my experiences in life that are applicable for business and day to day life. Every time I doubted myself, I found myself doing worse. I gave myself a reason to fail. It's like just the idea of me doubting myself made me lose my confidence. And without confidence, there is no execution. You see, fear only helps me survive. But it never let me live. I never lived my full potential because I was afraid of failure, afraid of losing my comfortable life that is not really comfortable to begin with. The next time I act, I will embrace failure for it is nothing more than a lesson that is supposed to be taught. I will think of the actions I want to do, but no longer will doubt encumber my confidence.

Very true. Fear goes hand in hand with limiting beliefs and glass ceilings.

The quote often attributed to Henry Ford of "Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right" is a powerful reminder of the importance of mindset.

A lot of the doubt is caused by fear of failure itself.

I posted this some years back:

Failure is a step forward not backwards.

Anakalypsi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jan 2, 2019
It is fascinating for me that as adults, at least as far as I can tell, most of us have to rediscover that.

As children, we were much less afraid of failure. Or otherwise, we never would have learned to walk after failing at the begin. And so on.

Somewhere in our growing somewhere happens where we might have to rediscover that intrinsic "don't give a f*ck about failing" we had as children. And then grab a hold on it and never lose it again.

At least this is something that happened in my own life.

I came back to a point where I was as a child were I do things that I know there is a very high chance they might fail but I still do them. Since the worst things that can happen is usually either I wasted time, got laughed on or had to retry in another way.

In short, nothing terrible. But that's was often enough for me in the past to restrict my actions.

The only thing left to say is, let's keep on failing forward until we die.

Sego

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 19, 2019
Fake it until you become it.

That's what I've learned from Amy Cuddy's book "Presence". In short, pretend you are what you want to be, practice being what you want to be and ultimately you will become this person.

If you tend to constantly doubt yourself, pretend you are the best at what you are doing and just fake-act the same way as this successful person would. That can apply to various situations. For me it was to overcome my fear at public speaking and getting better at it.

And also observe other people. You will see that nobody is 100% confident in what they are doing. NOBODY. You may not see it because people may FAKE confidence but everybody at some point felt that they were "not enough" to do something. We all have self-doubt. It's just a matter of overcoming it and making it a smaller voice in your mind than it is today. You will get there :)

Guts

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jul 8, 2018
Fake it until you become it.

That's what I've learned from Amy Cuddy's book "Presence". In short, pretend you are what you want to be, practice being what you want to be and ultimately you will become this person.

If you tend to constantly doubt yourself, pretend you are the best at what you are doing and just fake-act the same way as this successful person would. That can apply to various situations. For me it was to overcome my fear at public speaking and getting better at it.

And also observe other people. You will see that nobody is 100% confident in what they are doing. NOBODY. You may not see it because people may FAKE confidence but everybody at some point felt that they were "not enough" to do something. We all have self-doubt. It's just a matter of overcoming it and making it a smaller voice in your mind than it is today. You will get there :)
I do believe that technique works as well, but if you ask me personally I think it's more effective to actually believe in your confidence because if you fail and you're faking it, it's gonna bite you back in the a$$ subconsciously.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
For sure, this is a weird thing we do to ourselves.

Every time i catch myself overwhelming my mind with a large vision I have to step back and go "why are you doing this"

After that moment, I'm starting to realize that is when my idea gets away from me and I need to go back to the drawing board and set up a clear and consise plan of what to do for the next 5 hours,day, week, month, quarter and I stop when I feel like I can handle it

Ksalazar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Sep 16, 2018
Rhode Island

View attachment 24022
Deep and 100% True

rynor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 15, 2019
Orlando, FL
Every time I doubted myself, I found myself doing worse. I gave myself a reason to fail. It's like just the idea of me doubting myself made me lose my confidence. And without confidence, there is no execution.

Excellent post. I had a conversation with a mentor yesterday that made me doubt myself which only buried my confidence more. And on that note, time to work on the execution part and defeat the doubt.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
that is really true, so guys tell me how you deal with failure?do you just repress those bad emotions or what you do?

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
that is really true, so guys tell me how you deal with failure?do you just repress those bad emotions or what you do?
why_do_we_fall___by_pip3r_cz-da8yykt.jpg

Always be like Batman. Always.

Guts

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jul 8, 2018
How do I deal with failure? Well, there's nothing to be dealt with honestly. When I fail that just means I shouldn't do what I did again because obviously it didn't work. Depends on how you view things. When you fail, do you just forget about it and move on, or do you try to learn from your failure and use that failure as information for the next time you attempt it. That's how martial artists get better. They land a punch, break their hand, and realize F*ck maybe I should have clenched my fist stronger and put my thumb on my fingers rather than inside. So the next time you jab a punch it'll hit stronger and you won't get hurt.

Notlately

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 8, 2019
Dublin, Ireland
Very true about doubting yourself. I haven't found the key to overcoming them yet, but I love this line by Shakespeare, it always helps:

"Our doubts are traitors,
and make us lose the good we oft might win,
by fearing to attempt."

Your doubts are traitors, simple as that.

Michael1359

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 8, 2014
Treat yourself like someone you’re responsible for helping. —Dr. Jordan Peterson

We help ourselves by not giving in to our fear, but by harnessing that fear and using it to drive us forward. Fear can be a motivator, but it takes discipline of the mind and will to utilize it for benefit rather than letting it paralyze us or cause us to act in ways that are less than our best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mamista

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jun 12, 2017
Morocco
Treat yourself like someone you’re responsible for helping. —Dr. Jordan Peterson

We help ourselves by not giving in to our fear, but by harnessing that fear and using it to drive us forward. Fear can be a motivator, but it takes discipline of the mind and will to utilize it for benefit rather than letting it paralyze us or cause us to act in ways that are less than our best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What we practice grows stronger.

If you practice settling to fear, this will only get stronger and when you'll have anxious feelings again, you'll just do what you've practiced: you'll settle for'em (because you've been practicing this reaction OVER and OVER).

What we practice grows stronger.

Instead of practicing, "running away from fearful things", we MUST practice "facing our fearful things" OVER and OVER and OVER... in the same way we did with our 1st behavior.

I love how Jordan Peterson put it like this:

"You don't get less afraid, you get braver. That's better, because there's plenty of things to be afraid of, but you can get braver."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.