The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
Hi All,

I was born in Miami FL and I am a 29 year old IT professional. After owning two small businesses (DJ Productions and Convenience Store), I decided to pursue a career to spend more time with my family. Now I realize I was one the right track but doing it wrong. If I combine all my experience in running a business, technology, retail, customers service etc. I know I can gain independence. I want to start an eCommerce site focused on sales and rental of innovative tools and international exports. I am excited to join this community and looking forward to all that it has to offer.

Thanks for reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Welcome to the forum!

Mind if I ask, what happened to your previous businesses?

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
Welcome to the forum!

Mind if I ask, what happened to your previous businesses?

The store was sold. Sales were dropping and I couldn't get it off the ground.

Production company was downsized to point where it's just as a side thing. I am currently producing one event a month.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
DJ Productions

How is the DJ business nowadays? I almost got into that industry (lead gen) to supplement my limo lead gen business. Still own a couple domains for it too. Are weddings still the only game in town?

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
How is the DJ business nowadays? I almost got into that industry (lead gen) to supplement my limo lead gen business. Still own a couple domains for it too. Are weddings still the only game in town?

Personally, slow. I just work off of recommendations. I haven't done any marketing in years. I bought a domain (miamidjz.com) for that purpose. I haven't started looking for leads. Not sure where to start. As far as the best game in town, weddings are still it... Fifteens and Sweet sixteens are pretty good too.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
@Andy Black I've heard your podcasts and read a lot of your forum content. Thanks for providing valuable content.
I created a landing page for DJ Services in Miami (Miami DJz - Miami DJz). I configured SEO and Google Adwords. I got 10 clicks yesterday but no submissions on the site. Seems like the website needs design improvement. Any ideas?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Andy Black I've heard your podcasts and read a lot of your forum content. Thanks for providing valuable content.
I created a landing page for DJ Services in Miami (Miami DJz - Miami DJz). I configured SEO and Google Adwords. I got 10 clicks yesterday but no submissions on the site. Seems like the website needs design improvement. Any ideas?
10 visitors isn't much.

Check you've got the right visitors before changing the landing page.

The biggest landing page mistake

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
10 visitors isn't much.

Check you've got the right visitors before changing the landing page.

The biggest landing page mistake

As far as facebook analytics is concerned, Im hitting the correct users. Still not much progress. Im going to change my marketing angle and see if I can interest them in another form. Im thinking of marketing a specific product to build a relationship and strengthen the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted50669

My two cents, it would be easier for the user if the call to action was more pronounced / didn't have to scroll to contact form. But I'm a sample of one, so that's just me.

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
My two cents, it would be easier for the user if the call to action was more pronounced / didn't have to scroll to contact form. But I'm a sample of one, so that's just me.

Yes. Thanks for that advice. I will try it next.
The road to success has pulled me in a different direction.

progress-straight-line

success-straight.jpg

I have acquired my first client doing SEO and PPC (lol @Andy Black ). I am pretty familiar with both but now I have dug deeper in each. Running Google Analytics and SEO Analyzers on the site, I see that I have increased their organic reach by 40% in the first two weeks. Im excited on finishing the pending items I have for them and what else I can help with after. Ill keep this thread updated through out my journey.

jcvlds

JC
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 9, 2016
Mexico > Texas > Florida
Hey man, just found your thread. Hope it's going well with your business.

I'm moving to Miami with my girlfriend next week but currently attempting to break eCommerce and not do anything local.

Good luck mate!

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
Hey man, just found your thread. Hope it's going well with your business.

I'm moving to Miami with my girlfriend next week but currently attempting to break eCommerce and not do anything local.

Good luck mate!

Great! What brings you and your girlfriend to Miami?
Im also learning eCommerce. Where are you at on this?

Here there is knowledge base of eCommerce and Marketing info from a local software company called ContactFlow . Contact my brother @rsj to help you with any questions.

Welcome to the city!

jcvlds

JC
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 9, 2016
Mexico > Texas > Florida
Great! What brings you and your girlfriend to Miami?
Im also learning eCommerce. Where are you at on this?

Here there is knowledge base of eCommerce and Marketing info from a local software company called ContactFlow . Contact my brother @rsj to help you with any questions.

Welcome to the city!

Thanks man, I'll check it. I'm in the initial stages. I've chosen the niche I'm entering and people I want to market to.. now looking for and contacting suppliers. I'll keep grinding it out and let you know how it goes.

I'm moving to Miami because she's been there for 5 months now, she got a job and moved there and I was finishing up some things in Texas. She loves it there so I'm sure I'll enjoy it as well

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
I received an email from @MJ DeMarco asking why I haven’t been on the forum. So Im here to give another update.

My DJ business had been going stale for a bit. After giving it some thought, I started it up again with a different angle. I decided to get into the wedding market as a dj vendor offering services my competitors dont offer.

I know this is not fastlane but I am working on changes to my business that will make it fastlane. At the moment, between IT freelancing and my gigs, I am learning the business and funding my fastlane idea. I am also capturing media and creating content (marketing products, social media, website, original music etc) to better brand the business.

In the short term, I want to get off the script through my business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
Hi Guys, Ive been gone for sometime working on a few things. One, I learned to make beats and recorded some of the progress. I want to be able to sell instrumentals to artists and sell sounds to other music producers (eventually into publishing). Also, Ive created the first two modules to my DJ course. I will be recording video ads this coming week and later launching my lead campaign.

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
Hi Guys, Ive been gone for sometime working on a few things. One, I learned to make beats and recorded some of the progress. I want to be able to sell instrumentals to artists and sell sounds to other music producers (eventually into publishing). Also, Ive created the first two modules to my DJ course. I will be recording video ads this coming week and later launching my lead campaign.

Here is the first beat I made. Its a "West Coast 90's Hip Hop" style. It was natural to go this route for some reason: https://bsta.rs/3ceb854

I will creating one a week for now while I finish my course. Check it out and let me know what you think. If any one needs original music for ads, feel free to contact me.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Here is the first beat I made. Its a "West Coast 90's Hip Hop" style. It was natural to go this route for some reason: Buy Beats Online | Download Beats | Rap Beats For Sale | Instrumentals For Sale

I will creating one a week for now while I finish my course. Check it out and let me know what you think. If any one needs original music for ads, feel free to contact me.
So you could do intro jingles for podcasts, YouTube channels, and ads? I wonder how big that market is.

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
Since my last post, I'm in the transition between lanes. In the last year, my IT business (Web Dev and Support) has made some money but not enough for me to fully transition. I've also done some audio projects like voice overs and post audio editing. I started a Bandcamp page where I can publish beats to start creating a fan base and DJ tutorials on my YouTube channel.

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
Since my last post, I'm in the transition between lanes. In the last year, my IT business (Web Dev and Support) has made some money but not enough for me to fully transition. I've also done some audio projects like voice overs and post audio editing. I started a Bandcamp page where I can publish beats to start creating a fan base and DJ tutorials on my YouTube channel.
Almost a year has passed and I've made little progress. I launched an eCommerce business that sells a few hundred dollars a month. I've book a couple of DJ gigs and completed a software project for a client. I'm happy to have made progress but not even close enough to where I need to be. I'm going to continue marketing my services to find the next clients.

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
Almost a year has passed and I've made little progress. I launched an eCommerce business that sells a few hundred dollars a month. I've book a couple of DJ gigs and completed a software project for a client. I'm happy to have made progress but not even close enough to where I need to be. I'm going to continue marketing my services to find the next clients.
A year and seven months later. In a similar spot. My business generates a few hundred dollars a month but I cannot seem to get it higher than that. Not sure whether to continue or start another business. I have a feeling I'm fishing in a small pond.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
A year and seven months later. In a similar spot. My business generates a few hundred dollars a month but I cannot seem to get it higher than that. Not sure whether to continue or start another business. I have a feeling I'm fishing in a small pond.
Is this doing lead gen and fulfillment for DJ services?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...