• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Entrepreneur to IT Career back to Entrepreneur

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by ADR, Jun 21, 2017.

1. ADR

ADR Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $246
    Hi All,

I was born in Miami FL and I am a 29 year old IT professional. After owning two small businesses (DJ Productions and Convenience Store), I decided to pursue a career to spend more time with my family. Now I realize I was one the right track but doing it wrong. If I combine all my experience in running a business, technology, retail, customers service etc. I know I can gain independence. I want to start an eCommerce site focused on sales and rental of innovative tools and international exports. I am excited to join this community and looking forward to all that it has to offer.

Thanks for reading!

2. rsj

rsj Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $354
    welcome to the fastlane

ADR likes this.
  3. LinorCG

LinorCG Reaching the top Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,430
    Welcome to the forum!

Mind if I ask, what happened to your previous businesses?

4. ADR

Rep Bank:
    $246
    The store was sold. Sales were dropping and I couldn't get it off the ground.

Production company was downsized to point where it's just as a side thing. I am currently producing one event a month.

rsj likes this.
  5. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $343,806
    Admin Post
    How is the DJ business nowadays? I almost got into that industry (lead gen) to supplement my limo lead gen business. Still own a couple domains for it too. Are weddings still the only game in town?

Andy Black likes this.
  6. ADR

Rep Bank:
    $246
    Personally, slow. I just work off of recommendations. I haven't done any marketing in years. I bought a domain (miamidjz.com) for that purpose. I haven't started looking for leads. Not sure where to start. As far as the best game in town, weddings are still it... Fifteens and Sweet sixteens are pretty good too.

7. V8Bill

V8Bill Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $18,460
    Look up some of @Andy Black threads. He's posted some good stuff about this as have others.

Welcome aboard.

ADR and Andy Black like this.
  8. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $158,807
    Check out my signature @ADR ...

9. ADR

Rep Bank:
    $246
    @Andy Black I've heard your podcasts and read a lot of your forum content. Thanks for providing valuable content.
    I created a landing page for DJ Services in Miami (Miami DJz - Miami DJz). I configured SEO and Google Adwords. I got 10 clicks yesterday but no submissions on the site. Seems like the website needs design improvement. Any ideas?

Andy Black likes this.
  10. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $158,807
    10 visitors isn't much.

Check you've got the right visitors before changing the landing page.

The biggest landing page mistake

11. ADR

Rep Bank:
    $246
    As far as facebook analytics is concerned, Im hitting the correct users. Still not much progress. Im going to change my marketing angle and see if I can interest them in another form. Im thinking of marketing a specific product to build a relationship and strengthen the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy Black likes this.
  12. 404profound

404profound Gold Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,633
    My two cents, it would be easier for the user if the call to action was more pronounced / didn't have to scroll to contact form. But I'm a sample of one, so that's just me.

Andy Black likes this.
  13. ADR

Rep Bank:
    $246
    Yes. Thanks for that advice. I will try it next.
    The road to success has pulled me in a different direction.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have acquired my first client doing SEO and PPC (lol @Andy Black ). I am pretty familiar with both but now I have dug deeper in each. Running Google Analytics and SEO Analyzers on the site, I see that I have increased their organic reach by 40% in the first two weeks. Im excited on finishing the pending items I have for them and what else I can help with after. Ill keep this thread updated through out my journey.

Andy Black likes this.
  14. jcvlds

jcvlds JC FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $818
    Hey man, just found your thread. Hope it's going well with your business.

I'm moving to Miami with my girlfriend next week but currently attempting to break eCommerce and not do anything local.

Good luck mate!

15. ADR

Rep Bank:
    $246
    Great! What brings you and your girlfriend to Miami?
    Im also learning eCommerce. Where are you at on this?

Here there is knowledge base of eCommerce and Marketing info from a local software company called ContactFlow . Contact my brother @rsj to help you with any questions.

Welcome to the city!

jcvlds likes this.
  16. jcvlds

jcvlds JC FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $818
    Thanks man, I'll check it. I'm in the initial stages. I've chosen the niche I'm entering and people I want to market to.. now looking for and contacting suppliers. I'll keep grinding it out and let you know how it goes.

I'm moving to Miami because she's been there for 5 months now, she got a job and moved there and I was finishing up some things in Texas. She loves it there so I'm sure I'll enjoy it as well

17. Paolo Rizzo

Paolo Rizzo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,752
    Welcome!

18. ADR

Rep Bank:
    $246
    Thanks!

19. ADR

Rep Bank:
    $246
    I received an email from @mjdemarco asking why I haven’t been on the forum. So Im here to give another update.

My DJ business had been going stale for a bit. After giving it some thought, I started it up again with a different angle. I decided to get into the wedding market as a dj vendor offering services my competitors dont offer.

I know this is not fastlane but I am working on changes to my business that will make it fastlane. At the moment, between IT freelancing and my gigs, I am learning the business and funding my fastlane idea. I am also capturing media and creating content (marketing products, social media, website, original music etc) to better brand the business.

In the short term, I want to get off the script through my business.

Gabriel Dias, Andy Black and castr131 like this.