The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Emails to warm leads

RahKnee

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
May 27, 2013
Hi All,
Looking for a little advice here. A project I'm working on requires contacting people who have asked for some specific information and sharing a report with them. I send them an email with the report as an attachment, and a short text message telling them it has been sent and to check the spam folder if they don't see it.

The response rate has been very low, especially considering this is something they asked for and not a cold approach. Most responses tend to be text messages saying "I got it, thx".

And then radio silence. Follow up emails and texts typically don't get a response.

Any advice to up the response rate? Even if it's just them telling me to shove it, I'd like to know they're getting the message and they're not interested in the product.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

samsig03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jun 8, 2016
Houston, TX
Hi All,
Looking for a little advice here. A project I'm working on requires contacting people who have asked for some specific information and sharing a report with them. I send them an email with the report as an attachment, and a short text message telling them it has been sent and to check the spam folder if they don't see it.

The response rate has been very low, especially considering this is something they asked for and not a cold approach. Most responses tend to be text messages saying "I got it, thx".

And then radio silence. Follow up emails and texts typically don't get a response.

Any advice to up the response rate? Even if it's just them telling me to shove it, I'd like to know they're getting the message and they're not interested in the product.

Could you give a little more context? Like is the report a bid or pricing for your services or just a report they asked for? Sounds like a sales sheet so I will go with that. When I don't get a response after sending them a bid they asked for, I take that as a negative or no. So I followup with a phone call asking about the bid and including that I also offer other services, because I feel like it is a Hail Mary at this point.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Don't just ask if they've got it. That's a closed question where they will just answer "Yes".

Ask some open ended question too and get a conversation going.

When people sign up to my course I send a handwritten email saying something like:

Subject: Hey RahKnee... thanks for checking out The AdWords Jumpstart

Body:
I hope the free lessons help. Let me know if you have any queries.

What type of business are you hoping to grow with AdWords?
I'm curious how you discovered the course too.

Andy

I'm not trying to get a response from everyone. I'm just interested in conversing with the people motivated enough to email me back.

Many people don't reply, and that's fine. But some do and we can get into quite a long back and forth conversation about what they're up to, whether the course is suitable for them, and maybe what they could do instead if the course isn't ultimately for them.

You could also check out bonjouro.com. I sent a few videos to folks but stopped when it started to get tricky doing it from my phone when I was out and about.

I talk a bit about it here:

RahKnee

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
May 27, 2013
Could you give a little more context? Like is the report a bid or pricing for your services or just a report they asked for? Sounds like a sales sheet so I will go with that. When I don't get a response after sending them a bid they asked for, I take that as a negative or no. So I followup with a phone call asking about the bid and including that I also offer other services, because I feel like it is a Hail Mary at this point.

Context: I'm sending a report on a niche industry, that also serves as a further sales pitch. People requesting it are interested in working w/ me on projects in this industry. It explains what is required/expected of a potential client.

It could be that the possible assumption of responsibility is scaring people away. Or it could be my language.

Don't just ask if they've got it. That's a closed question where they will just answer "Yes".

Ask some open ended question too and get a conversation going.

When people sign up to my course I send a handwritten email saying something like:

Subject: Hey RahKnee... thanks for checking out The AdWords Jumpstart

Body:
I hope the free lessons help. Let me know if you have any queries.

What type of business are you hoping to grow with AdWords?
I'm curious how you discovered the course too.

Andy

I'm not trying to get a response from everyone. I'm just interested in conversing with the people motivated enough to email me back.

Many people don't reply, and that's fine. But some do and we can get into quite a long back and forth conversation about what they're up to, whether the course is suitable for them, and maybe what they could do instead if the course isn't ultimately for them.

You could also check out bonjouro.com. I sent a few videos to folks but stopped when it started to get tricky doing it from my phone when I was out and about.

I talk a bit about it here:

I do like this approach, but I need to come up with something that isn't meaningless small talk, and that doesn't come across as "closing". Perhaps something along the lines of "what are you looking for / expecting from this project?".

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RahKnee

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
May 27, 2013
@Andy Black , something I've been thinking about the past few days while I write some new emails:

What kind of language do you use/suggest to use? Should I put away my copy of Cashvertising and just use conversational language? This is definitely sales copy, but I don't want to look like I'm stuffing it with buzzwords or pushing for a close.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.