The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dr. Joe Dispenza - Can you cure cancer with your mind?

Guru

m0ntilla21

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
May 4, 2023
What's your take on this?

I would love to know what the forum thinks about Joe Dispenza.

If you don't know him, the story of Dispenza is important. He suffered irreversible back damage on a bicycle accident many years ago. According to several doctors, he would never walk again. He dedicated himself body and soul to finding a solution and promised himself that, if he walked again, he would spend the rest of his days teaching others how to cure something irreversible.

I personally have doubts, because his teachings sound TOO similar to the "law of attraction"... but providing scientific studies, modern quantum physics and, in the end, a logical explanation of everything.

Besides, the most curious thing is the dozens of success cases in the field of health... which is what I find the least explanation to. ie: a girl diagnoticed irreversibly blind comes to see again in one of his group meditations, or hundreds of cancers and terminal diseases healed as a result of using the "formula".

Obviously it's all applicable to wealth creation, but he doesn't focus too much on it.

Dispenza has been interviewed by too many people I respect, such as Ed Mylett, Jay Sethi, Tom Bilyeu, Lewis Howes... among many many others. He also launched a documentary series explaining the science behind the method, has several best-selling books... though my feeling is that he's not too much in the media and doesn't get as much coverage as he could or should (Imagine someone found the cure of cancer and not getting famous all over the world and forever).

Personally, I meditate and visualize everyday in order to fuel my inspiration and energy, not just because of Dispenza's teachings.

Still, this parallelism with the law of attraction is something that creates a lot of friction on me.

PS: I'd especially like to know what you think @BizyDad , I read you're a big fan of manifestation haha. Also eager to know what's @heavy_industry, @Andy Black and @MJ DeMarco take on this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
Besides, the most curious thing is the dozens of success cases in the field of health... which is what I find the least explanation to. ie: a girl diagnoticed irreversibly blind comes to see again in one of his group meditations, or hundreds of cancers and terminal diseases healed as a result of using the "formula".
My brother just mentioned him to me a couple of days ago. His act is straight out of the church revival tent healing circuit. Hate to break out the ol' "Well, then why doesn't he...", but why doesn't he cure cancer and blindness in a medical setting where there's proof of an actual medical condition and recovery?

If curing cancer is one of your marketable skills, there's a multi-trillion dollar market going untouched.

Gappie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 12, 2023
Came across one of this guys vids, because I'm interested in what people do to control their minds. At first, I thought "wow, this guy is going to answer all my questions", but then he just went on and on and he eventually started about curing disease and it "being backed by science". If you say its backed by science, show me the science. Trying to find that science via Google distracted me as it showed me people not trusting him and saying he's not legit. I haven't looked into him further. He may be legit, but there are so many "gurus" out there, that I need to choose wisely and if it's so easy to find some kind of "dirt" on someone, then I'll look further.
It just sounds all to good to be true. I 100% agree with @Two Dog, if it's true, why does something so groundbreaking find me via a damn YouTube algorithm? Doesn't make sense.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
I don’t know what the forum thinks, personally I think he’s more likely to be a scam artist than not.

And what I mean by scam artist isn’t that he doesn’t believe in what he teaches (he may very well be fully convinced), but rather that what he’s selling simply doesn’t work in the way he thinks it works in.

If you don't know him, the story of Dispenza is important.
Personally, I don’t believe anyone’s story is that important. A story is what the storyteller wants it to be. He skips the facts he doesn’t like, embellishes some of the existing facts, and so on.

Ask yourself — how do you know what Dispenza’s story is?

Isn’t it because that’s what he SAYS it is?

I mean, how do you know that according to several doctors he would never walk again?

Have those doctors been interviewed?

Have his childhood friends, work collegues, and so on been interviewed?

Ask yourself, who has real interest to control the narrative of Dispenza’s story? Isn’t it Dispenza himself?

No one else can possibly match HIS level of interest. For a journalist, it’s just a job. For him, it’s his livelihood. This means his story is always skewed towards what he wants it to be.

I could very well claim that doctors diagnosed me with OCD, put me on pills, and told me I’ll be on them my entire life. And then through my mindset osmosis technique, I’ve overcome OCD 100%, got rid of the pills and never had another OCD thought again. While the real facts are that they diagnosed me with OCD, tested pills, and said I might need them my entire life, i tapered off the pills and gained 98% control over the OCD with CBT and mental training.

Can you see how much more powerful the first version is? And it’s not exactly a lie — it’s a good story, embellished at the right points, written with some flair and flamboyance. That’s what a story needs to be.

If I go to a professional journalist and tell him my factual, non-embellished story, he’ll tell me “wait a minute, we can’t say it like that… it doesn’t sound good! A proper story needs a clear beginning and end, and a clean progression.

Therefore why should I buy his story or any story for that matter? I’ll only buy it to the extent that what he says makes sense and is backed by other evidence and things that I already know and accept as true.

scientific studies

The only scientific studies are double blind experiments with rigorous methodological controls. Dispenza has nothing of that sort. I’ve worked in scientific research briefly for 1 year, I even have an article to my name published in a reputable journal. And I know first hand how EASY it is to get the results to be what YOU want them to be, if you just have a little leniency on the methodology. That’s all it takes. And you can prove that breathing Himalayan air cures cancer!

Dispenza has been interviewed by too many people I respect, such as Ed Mylett, Jay Sethi, Tom Bilyeu, Lewis Howes... among many many others. He also launched a documentary series explaining the science behind the method, has several best-selling books...
So he paid guys you know to appear on their podcasts. That’s how it works. Maybe he didn’t pay them directly, but he paid someone to secure those interviews for him. It’s called manufacturing credibility, which is an extremely valuable skill, maybe I should create a thread about it.

PS: I'd especially like to know what you think @BizyDad , I read you're a big fan of manifestation haha
Noooooooo, this can’t possibly be true. Is it true @BizyDad ? You’re one of those weed smoking kumbaya yogis that dress in pink clothes and sandals? :wideyed:

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
What's your take on this?

If you don't know him, the story of Dispenza is important. He suffered irreversible back damage on a bicycle accident many years ago. According to several doctors, he would never walk again. He dedicated himself body and soul to finding a solution and promised himself that, if he walked again, he would spend the rest of his days teaching others how to cure something irreversible.

I personally have doubts, because his teachings sound TOO similar to the "law of attraction"... but providing scientific studies, modern quantum physics and, in the end, a logical explanation of everything.

Obviously it's all applicable to wealth creation, but he doesn't focus too much on it.

Dispenza has been interviewed by too many people I respect, such as Ed Mylett, Jay Sethi, Tom Bilyeu, Lewis Howes... among many many others. He also launched a documentary series explaining the science behind the method, has several best-selling books... though my feeling is that he's not too much in the media and doesn't get as much coverage as he could or should (Imagine someone found the cure of cancer and not getting famous all over the world and forever).

Personally, I meditate and visualize everyday in order to fuel my inspiration and energy, not just because of Dispenza's teachings.

Still, this parallelism with the law of attraction is something that creates a lot of friction on me.

PS: I'd especially like to know what you think @BizyDad , I read you're a big fan of manifestation haha. Also eager to know what's @heavy_industry, @Andy Black and @MJ DeMarco take on this.
You know, visualization and mediation good but where are you at now ?

If his teachings seem sus then they probably are and there is almist nothing more profitable than selling people the chance to make money simply by imagining things.

m0ntilla21

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
May 4, 2023
Thanks all you guys for taking your time to answer! This is what I was looking for, more points of view.

Also, of course all opinions are valid, but I was not looking for opinions on what I wrote... but consolidated opinions about Jor Dispenza, his work and his methods. So maybe It would be nice if you first read or, better, listen something directly from him... since I only gave a very short summary of what I undernstood and probably is full of "inaccuracies".

Btw, by no means I am a Dispenza super fan, my question and doubts are genuine since I already believed (before knowing aboyt Dispenza) that meditation and/or goals defining + visualization can give you mind clarity and fuel your energy towards your goals.

Finding him talking about curing diseases... made me think WTF, but also the paralelisms with those "accepted" techniques made me geniunely consider there might be something.

why doesn't he cure cancer and blindness in a medical setting where there's proof of an actual medical condition and recovery?
Well, he is not a "healer". Supposedly, people can heal themselves. How? He would explain it better than me, I suggest you google/youtube him.

You know, visualization and mediation good but where are you at now ?
I'd say in the top 1-3% global. But wether meditation and goal visualization has something to do with that... will be a difficult to verify.

If his teachings seem sus then they probably are and there is almist nothing more profitable than selling people the chance to make money simply by imagining things.

Agree.

But there is SOME true in those. Even in "The Secret". The problem lies in misunderstanding everything and thinking that only by thinking on your couch at home you are going to achieve something.

The truth is there are similarities between Dispenza, "The Secret" and "Think and grow rich".

I personally loved that book, what do you think of it?

Personally, I don’t believe anyone’s story is that important. A story is what the storyteller wants it to be. He skips the facts he doesn’t like, embellishes some of the existing facts, and so on.

Ask yourself — how do you know what Dispenza’s story is?

Isn’t it because that’s what he SAYS it is?

I know first hand how EASY it is to get the results to be what YOU want them to be

It’s called manufacturing credibility

So @Black_Dragon43, in a nutshell... you are saying that everything is a lie and all is manufactured bullshit, created to sell something. (I guess I'll be aware when you launch something and do some marketing my friend! ;) )

Including this woman, who must be lying in this video about how she used to be blind and now she sees:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2d2za1UJaQ&t=2s

I don't deny that as a possibility.

Nor I deny that hundreds of similar stories also make me doubt. You can find 655 more right here:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZQ8ZB56bTg&list=PLD4EAA8F8C9148A1B

All is staged and everybody lies? I'll admit again it IS possible... hence my doubt and the reason I created the post.

----

Please guys, continue to give your opinion!

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
We have a weekly men’s group where we meditate and usually listen to Joes meditations

One guy in the group believes in him fully and went to his event

Said he witnessed all that stuff first hand at the event

This guy is quite successful and says he’s manifested a lot of stuff using joes teaching

I like the meditations and think there’s definitely some truth to it, like you said, it’s all the same law of attraction stuff just presented differently

The meditations have probably been the best thing I’ve done and had the biggest impact on my life out of anything lately, but that would be true whether they were joes or someone else’s, meditation has just been good in general

In conclusion who gives a F*ck

Who cares what anyone else thinks about it or him

You either believe it or you dont

Try it and it either works or it doesn’t

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
So @Black_Dragon43, in a nutshell... you are saying that everything is a lie and all is manufactured bullshit, created to sell something. (I guess I'll be aware when you launch something and do some marketing my friend! ;) )
I’m not saying everything is a lie, quite the contrary, I said all stories are a mixture of truth and falsehood.

But yes, talking about credibility, it is manufactured. Truth or falsehood has little to do with it.

Credibility is simply the result of assembling a series of devices that get people to believe something.

Doctor John R. Brinkley had thousands of testimonials and proof that goat testicle replacement surgery cured infertility for men. Thousands. It was so much that he even convinced senators to get their ball sack cut open. So what?!

Don’t you see it — if you understand human nature and have sufficient interest in doing it and money, it’s possible to convince people of almost anything. There are cognitive biases that will get certain people to believe — and placebo effects, which when coupled with cherry picked examples (which is what most social proof is), results in belief. Without “lies”.

And yes, I personally never look at social proof, for myself or anyone else. Generally I try to judge ideas on their own merit. But, I do use social proof, because YOU look at it. And YOU give it value. Not me.

Including this woman, who must be lying in this video about how she used to be blind and now she sees:
No, that women probably experiences social pressure because of the nature of the situation, and, at key points, is aided by the good doctor in what to say and how to frame things for the audience. She is performing for the audience, and trying to perform well, because she wants the validation of the good doctor.

There’s so much going on psychologically in situations like that. Trying to think of it in blacl and white ways of truth vs lie doesn’t do it justice because it’s BOTH.

In any case, 600 examples are nothing. What if to find those 600 examples he tried with 60,000 people? 600 are the ones who got cured, the rest all died. What do you think then?

Again — unless it’s a proper scientific endeavour where the goal is the discovery of truth, there’s no point believing it. It’s just another marketing initiative.

If you feel the meditations or whatever he gives you help, do them.

Personally, I never meditate or visualize or anything of that nature. Of course you can say I “visualize” when I plan… i think of the steps that need to be performed, their order, who will perform them, consequences, and so on. But I never sit in my bed and see myself climbing a jet or that sort of bullshit. That’s a waste of time and very boring imo. I can’t stand viewing the same thing over and over again in my mind. That’s just brainwashing.

m0ntilla21

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
May 4, 2023
We have a weekly men’s group where we meditate and usually listen to Joes meditations

One guy in the group believes in him fully and went to his event

Said he witnessed all that stuff first hand at the event

This guy is quite successful and says he’s manifested a lot of stuff using joes teaching

I like the meditations and think there’s definitely some truth to it, like you said, it’s all the same law of attraction stuff just presented differently

The meditations have probably been the best thing I’ve done and had the biggest impact on my life out of anything lately, but that would be true whether they were joes or someone else’s, meditation has just been good in general

Thanks a lot for sharing!

What impact had the meditation on you?

In conclusion who gives a F*ck

Who cares what anyone else thinks about it or him

You either believe it or you dont

Try it and it either works or it doesn’t

On this one, I undernstand what you are trying to say... but It doesn't fully satisfy me.

Please remember that this is not about manifesting material stuff, money or getting rich.

I started the thread because achieving those things are obviously correlated with your actions, not only your thoughts. On the other hand, curing a supposedly incurable disease is radically different.

Let's say you have a child or family member who is blind, or has a diagnosed irreversible terminal illness. Which btw I had.

In my opinion, at that point it is not a matter of believing or not believing, nor trying and either works or it doesn't.

Since I guess you're not going to be cured in the first meditation.... the question comes down to: Is there a chance that this will work, or not?

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Some things I find strange about him, like I believe he is just educated as a chiropractor (although I may be wrong).

Andy Frisella gives very high regard to him though. I'm pretty interested but haven't read his books or watched his show yet, just a few podcasts.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
@m0ntilla21
What does global 1%-3% mean?

I am top 1% and top 0.1% globally as well. Just not in finances, looks or fitness.
Because of this forum I know how wealthy people act and write and you do not seem like one.

In fact I am going to call you out on something else too:
You asked what we think of this guy and then you start passive aggressively defending him. That means you never wanted an opinion but instead wanted to get validation for your strange beliefs.

Think about how F*cked that is. You ask a question and already know the answer you want to hear.

m0ntilla21

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
May 4, 2023
I just listened to: Silva Mind Control Method: The Revolutionary Program by the Founder of the World's Most Famous Mind Control Course I don't know the author that you are talking about, but it sounds similar.
Yes, I think it's similar but I personally didn't get deep on any of them.

probably experiences social pressure
The word "probably" is important there. You are just stating what YOU think. And that's all I wanted so thank you.
What I don't like so much is when someone claims absolute truth about something.

And as I see it, terminal disease or blindness IS a black and white situation. Whether you were irreversible blind and now you are CURED. Or not, and hence now you are trying to please the good doctor under social pressure.

In any case, 600 examples are nothing. What if to find those 600 examples he tried with 60,000 people? 600 are the ones who got cured, the rest all died. What do you think then?

Yep, I know the winners bias. And maybe I am wrong when I think of curing terminal disease on black and white terms. But as I see it, one case of curing REAL blindness would validate the method.

m0ntilla21

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
May 4, 2023
@m0ntilla21
What does global 1%-3% mean?

I am top 1% and top 0.1% globally as well. Just not in finances, looks or fitness.
Because of this forum I know how wealthy people act and write and you do not seem like one.

In fact I am going to call you out on something else too:
You asked what we think of this guy and then you start passive aggressively defending him. That means you never wanted an opinion but instead wanted to get validation for your strange beliefs.

Think about how F*cked that is. You ask a question and already know the answer you want to hear.

Wtf?

You read 2 posts about someone and you are qualified to judge how wealthy someone is? That's a nice power you got after years reading the forum. Congrats.

And re-read again, I am just stating genuine doubts while providing the information that I believe is necessary to present my doubt. And yes, I am also interested on people who endorse Dispenza, and we actually got one on this very same thread.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
You are just stating what YOU think.
That’s true, I think we’re all stating what we think.

But as I see it, one case of curing REAL blindness would validate the method.
Except that in order for it to validate the method you need to exclude all other factors which could have played a role.

For example… if your guy starts eating keto and practicing meditation, is it the keto or the meditation the cured him? Or both? Or neither perhaps, and it was just a spontaneous remission that would’ve happened either way?

“Blindness” also has a subjective part to it. You don’t see the limits of your field of vision within your field of vision. Therefore how “large” your field of vision is, is subjective to a large extent.

Sure, this can be objectively tested, but I didn’t see an objective test by Dispenza, much less a double blind one.

An objective test would be to position the person with the head fixed by a machine in a certain direction, have them look at a fixed point straight ahead, and then move objects at a certain distance left and right and check when they enter into the peripheral field of vision of the subject.

You test before the treatment and after.

And to make it a double blind you’d need to test the subject who got the real treatment against the subject who got the “make believe” treatment, and notice a statistically significant difference.

If there is no difference in the improvement, then whatever is noticed is due to the placebo effect, not due to the intervention. It is the power of belief, which does have some power, but it’s still limited.

In addition to my remarks above, consider the following:

Whenever “doctors” test people, they’re following a medical procedure imposed by their hospital. They do NOT study the patients, by, for example, looking at their optical nerves in detail and assessing HOW scarred they really are, etc. They follow a checklist… do A B C conditions appear to be met? If so, tell the patient X.

This does not mean that X is true. Remember, the patient was not STUDIED by a scientist or researcher… they were tested by a standard procedure in a hospital which aims to provide a quick answer to their likely problem.

For cancer patients doctors do CT scans. Have a look at a CT scan and you’ll notice how even with advanced imaging equipment it’s still difficult to pinpoint the exact issues. You never know for sure if a small white light in the lungs is a blood vessel, a cancerous nodule, a benign tumor, or maybe even a static effect due to the imaging process itself.

Doctors look at all this data, and infer certain things based on it. Those inferences are not guaranteed to be 100% accurate. Remember that a doctor’s job isn’t to study you and design a 100% tailored plan for you — that would take too much time, so no doctor can do that, unless you’re a billionaire and have your own medical team on your payroll. For everyone else, the doctor usually runs you through a series of standardized tests, follows a procedure, diagnoses you, and then prescribes a more or less traditional method of treatment. Sometimes this method will be adjusted to your own particularities, but often it won’t, because there just isn’t the time and resources to do it.

Last edited:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Thanks a lot for sharing!

What impact had the meditation on you?

On this one, I undernstand what you are trying to say... but It doesn't fully satisfy me.

Please remember that this is not about manifesting material stuff, money or getting rich.

I started the thread because achieving those things are obviously correlated with your actions, not only your thoughts. On the other hand, curing a supposedly incurable disease is radically different.

Let's say you have a child or family member who is blind, or has a diagnosed irreversible terminal illness. Which btw I had.

In my opinion, at that point it is not a matter of believing or not believing, nor trying and either works or it doesn't.

Since I guess you're not going to be cured in the first meditation.... the question comes down to: Is there a chance that this will work, or not?
My friend said he saw people healed at the event, people who couldn't walk etc

Does that mean it works or it's real or were they actors?

Does it mean it will work for you?

Who knows, you need to try to find out I guess, hence my answer

m0ntilla21

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
May 4, 2023
Thank you @Black_Dragon43 for your thorough responses and explanations, I'm learning a lot.

I think you are correct in everything you say.

You test before the treatment and after.

Regarding this, that is supposedly what they did.

Please watch 3 minutes of this video (31:00 to 34:00) in which he tells the story of the blind girl. They even dare to show an image of a medical blindness test in which you can see how there is a radical change.

View: https://youtu.be/ereahWKwNV8?t=1862

I screen shooted the image of the medical test for you but it is on the video.

I am also a hyper logical person, as you seem to be (sorry If I'm wrong), and I can't find an explanation for this healing case. (Other than It's all fake or as you said it was spontaneous remission that would’ve happened either way. That's totally a possibility given the winners bias.)

What do you think ?

Btw, then he goes on with other similar cases. They are not double blind as It would be prefered, but those people got cured after the meditations, both in the in person events or at home.

Attachments

• blind medical test.jpg
    blind medical test.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
There is some merit to the actual science that your mind and body are interlinked, this is not new knowledge or some sort of magic like Joe Dispenza tries to preach. All I know is I bought one of his books and it was good for about 10 pages then no joke, the rest of the book mentioned his $500 'seminar' every other page (at least until I stopped reading some 50 pages later) trying to sell you on more bullshit, how he'll heal you with woo-woo magic.

In Gabor Mate's recent book, the myth of normal, he gives clinical examples of women with repressed anger had much higher rates of cancer, and when they were finally able to let it all out they were able to heal and eventually go into remission. Rheumatoid arthritis has also been linked to emotional stress, surprise surprise, having chronic inflammation due to stress in your mind will stress the body, autoimmune diseases and inflammatory conditions are all examples of these things. There have been numerous studies trailing people from all sorts of demographics over the course of their lifetimes, and the most cheerful of people on average live a full decade longer than the least cheerful, all other variants held equal, such as the famous 'Nun study' of positive psychology. Those who were more cheerful were less susceptible to all diseases, and ailments such as dementia and cancer. Turns out positivity is a good thing, you don't need an elaborate seminar by a quack to teach you this.

The issue with the medical and pharma industry is that they don't actually have your best interests at heart and are a business first and foremost, the last 3 years made this abundantly clear (unless divergent thinking isn't your thing.) They don't teach nutrition to doctors, nor do they teach them about links between childhood traumas and resulting lifelong chronic conditions, and 'mental illnesses' (if doctors learned about childhood trauma the DSM-5 would be reduced to the thickness of a leaflet says trauma expert John Brier) nor do they want to 'cure' cancer. Cultures such as ancient eastern civilizations used to be able heal people with natural remedies and mental/physical regimens such as Chinese medicine and yoga respectively, then capitalism came and bastardized the practice of 'healing.' Now I'm not saying all doctors or medicine is bad (obviously), if I ever got an artery lacerated I would be eternally grateful for modern medicine. But people have become inundated in the modern practices and have forgotten about ancient wisdoms, then charlatans like Joe Dispenza come and sell this top secret 'breakthrough' he discovered. Or Ryan Holiday parroting Stoicism :zzz:. As an aside, Wim Hof is also in the same boat, the 'Wim Hof breathing method' is just a modern name for Tummo meditation, which has been used by monks over 2500 years ago, but at least he has acknowledged that, after making millions off of it.

Last edited:

m0ntilla21

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
May 4, 2023
There is some merit to the actual science that your mind and body are interlinked, this is not new knowledge or some sort of magic like Joe Dispenza tries to preach. All I know is I bought one of his books and it was good for about 10 pages then no joke, the rest of the book mentioned his $500 'seminar' every other page (at least until I stopped reading some 50 pages later) trying to sell you on more bullshit, how he'll heal you with woo-woo magic.

In Gabor Mate's recent book, the myth of normal, he gives clinical examples of women with repressed anger had much higher rates of cancer, and when they were finally able to let it all out they were able to heal and eventually go into remission. Rheumatoid arthritis has also been linked to emotional stress, surprise surprise, having chronic inflammation due to stress in your mind will stress the body, autoimmune diseases and inflammatory conditions are all examples of these things. There have been numerous studies trailing people from all sorts of demographics over the course of their lifetimes, and the most cheerful of people on average live a full decade longer than the least cheerful, all other variants held equal, such as the famous 'Nun study' of positive psychology. Those who were more cheerful were less susceptible to all diseases, and ailments such as dementia and cancer. Turns out positivity is a good thing, you don't need an elaborate seminar by a quack to teach you this.

This was gold for me. Thank you.

That's a logical explanation of "spontaneous" remission of terminal diseases like cancer.

I understand and agree that changing your lifestyle, your stress levels (by meditation?) and your way of thinking... would affect the healing of any disease.

I still have doubts though, in cases were people suffered from a condition (like blindness) at birth, and then healed it (suddenly sees)... I still would like to find what changed.

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020
There may be some people will get cured by mind alone, because our minds and bodies are interlinked and influence is possible, but it won't be many and it will not be from aggressive cancers like sarcoma or melanoma, that are have been diagnosed without doubt.
But the mind can do a lot of things, e.g. make your pain go away - you don't have pain while you sleep and you have much less pain if you are happy, none if you are ecstatic. So for people with chronic pain it could be a wonderful idea to seek deeply religious or spiritual experiences.

People with blindness, or who cannot walk. Sure. If they have unexplained blindness or paralysis because of psychosomatic problems. Or people who are in wheelchairs because of chronic pain. That can be very debilitating, but they are not paralized per se. I would be very interested to know which form of blindness this woman was diagnosed with and would also like to see the medical records. Interestingly, the majority of people who are legally blind do not see black all the time, but can see very little or have extreme forms of visual field constriction.

So from what I gather, this is not Jesus curing the man who had been paralyzed all of his life, this is rather your snake oil doctor, who says some things that make sense, but who builds his entire business model on one small aspect of what makes people healthier, namely the mind. There are other gurus doing the same with certain nutritional aspects etc. Which is certainly part of the truth, but only part. I wish the world were that simple.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I would love to know what the forum thinks about Joe Dispenza...PS: I'd especially like to know what you think @BizyDad
Noooooooo, this can’t possibly be true. Is it true @BizyDad ? You’re one of those weed smoking kumbaya yogis that dress in pink clothes and sandals?

Since I was asked I'll answer the question,
Hopefully clear up some misconception.
I approach this from the frame of a Christian
I believe with faith one can move a mountain.

You're right if you believe you can't or believe you can
That's a little wisdom I hopefully understand
So much begins with little seeds of belief
Without 'em you'll never harvest a money tree leaf

But that's not all it takes to be living your dreams
And even just believing is harder than it seems.
But mere faith without work is also dead
Like a body with no spirit is what James said.

How can someone manifest destiny?
That's the real question someone should ask of me.
So many times in life my wishes have come true
But I can't totally explain that which God do.

I'll give it a try to my best understanding
To your work give your all, be upstanding.
To your people give your love, be your best
The focus you give purpose is the roots of manifest.

And when you wanna give up, boy try harder
And while you work don't forget to work smarter
Give thanks for everything to the Lord up above
And don't forget to show your enemies a little love.

Does that mean that the mind can totally cure cancer?
I'm sure there are questions that science can't answer.
Like how if I ask God to cure he totally can sir
But of this Joe Dispenza I'm not a fan sir

I don't talk about my faith much here on the forum
Asked about my beliefs I'll stand up for 'em
My beliefs are mine own, I don't need a quorum
What about Joe? I recommend ignore him.

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
Please watch 3 minutes of this video (31:00 to 34:00) in which he tells the story of the blind girl. They even dare to show an image of a medical blindness test in which you can see how there is a radical change.
I watched Chris Angel fell on a wrought iron fence, pierce himself through the chest and instantly cure himself.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
This type of thinking is what got Steve Jobs dead earlier. It shows there's no correlation between successful entrepreneurs and critical thinking. If he had pumped more money into therapy and control rather than seek out all these alternative medicine and "manifest your destiny" crap, he would probably still be alive now.

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020
This type of thinking is what got Steve Jobs dead earlier. It shows there's no correlation between successful entrepreneurs and critical thinking. If he had pumped more money into therapy and control rather than seek out all these alternative medicine and "manifest your destiny" crap, he would probably still be alive now.
With pancreatic cancer not very likely.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.