The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Credzu is launching in a few weeks!!!

ir_dizzle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 2, 2011
San Diego, CA
Hello Fellow Fastlaners!

I just wanted to announce in a few short weeks, me and two co-founders (who are also Fastlaners) will be launching Credzu - a deal site with a unique twist - for more information please go to Credzu and sign-up for our invite list and you will be notified once we launch!

I have been dreaming about starting a business for quite some time now; I'm that guy who listens to Mixergy everyday, reads the business section of the newspaper, and watches "How I Made My Millions" on CNBC... that's me... but I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be the "guy" that just reads about business but doesn't do anything about it (MJ mentioned this type of "guy" in his book).

I was fortunate enough to meet the other co-founders from this forum and now we're just a hop, skip, and jump away from launching the website. I know it will take some time to get traction and I'm not expecting the website to take off immediately; there will be a lot of bumps along the way, but I know I will learn a lot and that's what I want to do. I've learned more about business in the past few months than in 4 years of business/ accounting classes in college - this is going to be a heck of a ride! I plan on documenting my journey into entrepreneurship in this forum... other stories have inspired me and I'm hoping my experiences will help/ inspire others.

I owe a lot to MJ for writing such an awesome book and creating such a great forum - this is really a great community. Thanks again everyone for your ongoing support and please sign-up to be on our invite list at Credzu to be notified once we launch our site.

Kind Regards,
Irwin

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BeachBoy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jul 12, 2011
great looking site!

but showing a pyramid on the slide is a big no-go for me, pyramidal selling schemes is associated to scam in the heads of many people...

Since the site does not explain how it works, I guess I'll make an opinion when it launches, but seeing the pyramid really does not push me to bbe on the list and be curious about it...

Dutchy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 20, 2011
London
great looking site!

but showing a pyramid on the slide is a big no-go for me, pyramidal selling schemes is associated to scam in the heads of many people...

Since the site does not explain how it works, I guess I'll make an opinion when it launches, but seeing the pyramid really does not push me to bbe on the list and be curious about it...

EXACTLY. It actually made me close the tab at that point! Very big no-no as I highly doubt its the point you wish to convey,

RazvanRogoz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Sep 18, 2011
Romania
+1

The website is looking good.

But I don't get what you are trying to say.

You are talking from the POV of the developer. Start talking to the customer. And explain me in simple, dumb words what is in it for me.

Also, consider a video explaining the concept.

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
Interesting concept. How do businesses signup? How do you make your revenue?

ir_dizzle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 2, 2011
San Diego, CA
The purpose of the "pyramid" picture was to quickly show users of our site how they can make money by just referring family and friends to shop with Credzu - they would get a % of the money earned from the people they refer; not to mention the user can earn cash by shopping for themselves... And this is all Free!

I appreciate the feedback. It appears people who visit our page right now are either confused about what we can do for them and/ or don't trust us with their e-mail address.

In addition to being turned off by the "pyramid" picture, what else turned you away from the site and ultimately caused you to not leave us with your e-mail address? I saw that more than a handful of people from fastlane forum visited Credzu but most left the page without providing an e-mail address. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thanks everyone!

Irwin
Credzu

MediaMonty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Oct 4, 2011
Wow great site, interesting concept. Will keep updated on this thread as I'm highly interested on how something like this would turn out.

I'm about to launch my own tech startup soon too. Would like to ask a few quick questions if you don't mind:

1. How do you plan on promoting your site?

2. How do you plan on getting retailers to join Credzu?

3. How do you plan on getting traffic to your site and getting consumers to join and signup for Credzu?

4. Did you develop the site yourself, through a business partner, or did you hire someone in-house? Did you outsource it to a freelancer? And did you buy and use a script, or has a developer make a custom script?

Just wanted a few quick pointers, thank you in advance for any help and or advice.

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
I personally didn't signup because I didn't believe you actually have the retailers. Those are some big name guys and until I understand how your site makes a profit I rather not use it.

This is nothing personal against you, it's just the impression the site gave me as a first time visitor.

ir_dizzle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 2, 2011
San Diego, CA
Thanks for your input, Dutchy. The idea of the "pyramid" picture turning away visitors never crossed our minds until reading these posts in Fastlane.

ir_dizzle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 2, 2011
San Diego, CA
great looking site!

Our website has nothing to do with a pyramid scheme - our site is free; no money is taken from the users and the "pyramid" slide was used to show how you can make money off of people you refer to our site - all of this is free, legit, and made for our users. Thanks for your feedback - this information is very valuable. I hope you'll visit our site when we go live.

Irwin
Credzu

ir_dizzle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 2, 2011
San Diego, CA
I personally didn't signup because I didn't believe you actually have the retailers. Those are some big name guys and until I understand how your site makes a profit I rather not use it.

This is nothing personal against you, it's just the impression the site gave me as a first time visitor.

I understand your point of view - thanks for being honest. I promise you - we do have relationships set up with the merchants you see on our landing page currently and with MANY more as well (such as Expedia, Orbitz, Petsmart, REI, HomeDepot, to name a few). You will be able to shop with these merchants (and many more) and get cash back for your purchases made while using Credzu.

We get commissions (revenue) by generating sales for our merchants. As a reward for using Credzu, we give most of the commissions to you, the user.

I hope I was clear in my explanation. Please sign-up for our invite at Credzu and be notified when our site goes live.

ir_dizzle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 2, 2011
San Diego, CA
1. How do you plan on promoting your site?
- Various methods; SEO, networking on and off-line; other marketing tactics I'll mention later when I document the experiences

How do you plan on getting retailers to join Credzu?
- We contact the merchants and pitch our business idea to them - we already secured a generous amount of relationships with various merchants

How do you plan on getting traffic to your site and getting consumers to join and signup for Credzu?
- SEO and other related tactics - blogging, being a guest blogger on someone else's blog, etc. ( for traffic)
- we will require users to provide us with their e-mail address to use Credzu

Did you develop the site yourself, through a business partner, or did you hire someone in-house? Did you outsource it to a freelancer? And did you buy and use a script, or has a developer make a custom script?

- 1 of the co-founders is developing the site so it's being taken care of in-house.

What is your tech start-up, MediaMonty? I'd love to hear about it. Let me know if you have any further questions and if you haven't already please sign-up for our invite at Credzu!

A

Anon3587x

We'll keep the rest under wraps is kind of pointless. If someone is going to steal your idea and do it better than you it's going to happen regardless.

I'm sure it's hurting your signups as well. I'm not giving you my email without knowing exactly what it is I'm signing up for.

Seems like a interesting concept though and the site looks great, good luck with it

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
"We'll keep the rest under wraps, but just know we've got great Customer Service and Tools in place to keep the whole process easier for you."

I think you need to re-word this. It doesn't sound right.

sharky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Mar 2, 2011
Philadelphia
Site looks good, but it's OK to admit that your starting your own MLM gig and you're at the top of the pyramid. A "friend" of mine tried to pitch me Market America to join up on "his" website and earn up to 50% cashback, no cost to join, over 35 million products, cash back on referral purchases with all similar stores as you are offering.
Best of luck, keep us updated on how its going.

sdeleon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 8, 2011
This is great!!!:) Congrats! What a cool concept. I'm launching a website also www.petitelamode.com something completely different to what you are doing, but it's exciting to see other fastlaners as well. Good luck and more power to you!

Regards,
Sheryl

ir_dizzle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 2, 2011
San Diego, CA
We'll keep the rest under wraps is kind of pointless. If someone is going to steal your idea and do it better than you it's going to happen regardless.

I'm sure it's hurting your signups as well. I'm not giving you my email without knowing exactly what it is I'm signing up for.

Seems like a interesting concept though and the site looks great, good luck with it

bateati -

The reason we put "we'll keep the rest under wraps" was not to hide our business idea; it was to let the readerknow there's more to what Credzu offers than what we described previously but we don't want to bore them with the details. We [tried to] explained what we will provide to users - reward them with cash for shopping withCredzu and reward them with even more cash for referring their friends and family to shop with us too.

The point of the page was to briefly inform users what value Credzu brings and to obtain e-mail addresses so we can notify them when we officially launch.

I really appreciate your feed - greatly appreciated!

Irwin
Credzu

ir_dizzle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 2, 2011
San Diego, CA
"We'll keep the rest under wraps, but just know we've got great Customer Service and Tools in place to keep the whole process easier for you."

I think you need to re-word this. It doesn't sound right.

Likwid24 -

Thanks for your input. I'll relay this to the other co-founders. I was subscribed to a thread you started explaining your process in getting a product ready for production in your industry (I believe it was the painting industry). How's it going? Any updates?

Irwin
Credzu

ir_dizzle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 2, 2011
San Diego, CA
Site looks good, but it's OK to admit that your starting your own MLM gig and you're at the top of the pyramid. A "friend" of mine tried to pitch me Market America to join up on "his" website and earn up to 50% cashback, no cost to join, over 35 million products, cash back on referral purchases with all similar stores as you are offering.
Best of luck, keep us updated on how its going.

Sharky -

We're not starting an "MLM gig". Our site is 100% free to use; we don't charge users a single penny to use our website. We don't require users to "recruit" other users (it would just be beneficial because the more people you refer to shop with credzu, the more money you can make because you will get a % of the money they earn while shopping with Credzu). We're not at the "top of a pyramid"; the money people pay for goods/ services doesn't go to Credzu - it goes straight to the merchant.

In a nutshell, we pay users to shop through our website and we will provide some of the hottest deals on the web. We're not "robbing Peter to pay Paul" like what pyramid and ponzi schemes do.

The revenue we receive is from commissions and we're rewarding our users for shopping with us by paying outmost of the commissions we receive back to them.

Thanks for your input -
Irwin
Credzu

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
I think the page looks great. Clean, good color scheme.

I kind of agree about the pyramid image. People are turned off by that image. If you simply use another diagram/image, or say it with words, you'll be better off.

With that said, it's an exciting premise and I'll be interested in looking at it once it launches. Good luck!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I'm assuming that the retailers whose logos are on the site are affiliate marketing?

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Sharky -

We're not starting an "MLM gig". Our site is 100% free to use; we don't charge users a single penny to use our website. We don't require users to "recruit" other users (it would just be beneficial because the more people you refer to shop with credzu, the more money you can make because you will get a % of the money they earn while shopping with Credzu). We're not at the "top of a pyramid"; the money people pay for goods/ services doesn't go to Credzu - it goes straight to the merchant.

In a nutshell, we pay users to shop through our website and we will provide some of the hottest deals on the web. We're not "robbing Peter to pay Paul" like what pyramid and ponzi schemes do.

The revenue we receive is from commissions and we're rewarding our users for shopping with us by paying outmost of the commissions we receive back to them.

Thanks for your input -
Irwin
Credzu

Irwin,

Interesting site. You may be thinking you are not trying to start an mlm. you are not an mlm, etc

But you are, everything you say leads people to think you are an mlm. Just read your post above.

You guys have the drive, This idea though, you have a very, very, very tough road ahead of you.

I hope you prove me wrong.

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
You're really taking the term super affiliate to the next level. I think the business concept is great and you've managed to build a viral loop right off at the start. How does customer acquisition look? Your business is basically the freemium advertising model and is completely reliant on a massive user base.

ir_dizzle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 2, 2011
San Diego, CA
You guys have the drive, This idea though, you have a very, very, very tough road ahead of you.

I hope you prove me wrong.

Thanks Jack. I acknowledge that it's going to be EXTREMELY difficult, but I am looking forward to learning everything I can. I'm tired of just reading, listening, and dreaming about starting a business...

Irwin
www.credzu.com

ir_dizzle

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
May 2, 2011
San Diego, CA
How does customer acquisition look?
It's looking good so far - we have a target market in mind; the idea is there; now it's time to execute!

I'm going to Chicago for a quick mini-vacation around Thanksgiving. What part of Chicago do you live in? How's the weather around Thanksgiving; I hear it's C-O-L-D! I live in San Diego, CA so it's going to be a crazy change in climate!

Irwin
www.credzu.com

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
Irwin - one question:

Could you point me to where you acquired the nice looking icons under "Cashback Made Easy", "More ways to earn", etc.?

Good looking site and actually a very, very good idea. The way you can describe it:

"If you buy through us, we earn a small commission and we give 80% of that money to you, our customer, so we can help you afford (buy, acquire etc.) ALL of the things you desire, not just some of the things..."

Something to that effect, mind you English is not my first language so that message needs some polishing :)

Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.