The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to bootstrap my business in a few weeks

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 28, 2017
Pesaro, Marche, Italy
Hi all, I'm essentially a software developer and I'm nearly broke because of bad choices in the past. Luckily I'm full of (intellectual) resources and I think I can run the fastlane from now on and I want to do it ASAP: the bad thing is that I've 0 money to startup my activity and I do need to bootstrap it.

Long story short: I've been a musician for 22 years and conducted a music school for 11 with little to none success economically speaking because of our focusing on human/artistic goals and quite ignoring economical issues.

This is not entirely true but I need to simplify it for making my story easier to read and, 2nd, don't want to focus this thread on the past because I need some advice on the present time and the road I'm walkin' now.

To put it briefly, 2 years ago I've detached from my old "profession" (now only an hobby) and started to work as a freelance software developer. I mostly do websites and mobile apps, some client-side software: my income is incremented to reach a decent level but up till now I'm not able to... skyrocket my life.

I've no debts (some bills, nothing scary) but I'm substantially on a "slowlane".

I constantly struggle with clients for payments, I spend all of my time fixing issues and bowing my heads to persons that keeps me at the sharp end of the knife and my life sucks as a result: I work 10-12 hours a day to get a ridiculous € ~1200 wage on average. Sometimes I earn 3k, sometimes € 500 but since I'm not a senior dev I can't raise my hourly rate too much.

I'm working on a mobile app that (I think) can solve my problems and I have a huge amount of drafted projects that I see really profitable and can carry me out the mud, but if I had to work on my customers work I can't concentrate on my projects.

So I'm tryin' to get a bootstrap for my projects.

I don't need a huge amount of money, comparing to someone who wants to start a commercial activity: I'm in need of something like € 30,000, possibly less. Just need to focus on my ideas and goals without bothering with little projects that keep me anchored to the ground.

So I've been thinking to different solutions: crowdfunding my app, launching a social donation campaign (my app helps to monitor a medical issue: my girlfriend is afflicted with a rare condition, can't say more for now), sketching a project and propose myself to investors and so on.

All these things are possible but they all take a long time to be fulfilled. I need a faster solution. I need to "explode" with a ~30k entry in a week or two, before the end of the year if possible.

I thought about temporarily put aside my biggest goals (the mobile app above all) and try to sell a simpler project like a plugin or a theme on a (online) store but it's quite complicated now and it isn't something that could be done in a week or two if you want to get it right, following best practices and "pumping" the project in order to get a decent revenue.

So I need something quickier, legal and morally acceptable, lol.

Surely it sounds impossible but I want to try.

I'll be eternally grateful to you if you'll give me some advice on how to get this goal.

(Sorry for my bad English, Italian here)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.