The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Congrats SinisterLex on the new addition to your family

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
All the best to you and your wife, and your new baby daughter.

Wishing you health and happiness, and the occasional night's sleep.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Lilith was born at 7:13 pm last night with Shark Tank playing in the background and Kevin O'Leary's face (and mine) to greet her into this world.

:clench:

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Lilith was born at 7:13 pm last night with Shark Tank playing in the background and Kevin O'Leary's face (and mine) to greet her into this world.

Congrats!

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
as a father to several daughters, bro your life will now be blessed with more beauty and happiness and i wish the best for you and your family @SinisterLex

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Congratulations brother! It's the dawn of a new world! (For two!)

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Thanks everyone!

Starting to find my routine again. I used to fear having a baby would disrupt my life and set my progress back light years. I see now that this is simply not the case. In fact, not only has this experience opened my eyes to a whole world of new opportunity and need, it feels like it boosted my motivation and drive. The challenge of business with a kid is often used as an excuse to quit. I see it as the very reason I must do better, try harder, and go further beyond.

Having a baby has triggered a period of reflection. I looked back over my old schoolmate's lives. Their posts on Facebook. The things they've accomplished. Mostly I saw a lot of people who stopped trying. They had kids 5-10 years ago, and something strange happened after that. Beyond posting non-stop about their kid(s), it was selfies and work complaints, and I noticed most of my old friends looked like they were 40 rather than 30. For some reason it seems a lot of people give up after they have a child.

It's almost as though they merge with the child. They live through the child. They no longer have to try, because now they have a child who is supposed to try for them. They say they want the child to surpass them or do better than them and have more opportunities than they had. Then they just quit, throw in the towel and accept their fate as someone who's doomed to spend their days working for the man until finally they retire and die.

I found these thoughts troubling. The social stigmas surrounding this time is troubling too. I changed my Facebook profile to one of myself and my baby. Then I changed it back, because I am still a person. I am still capable of doing more in this world. I have a baby, but I do NOT and will NOT live through my baby. This is not the end of the line for me, and it's good to remind myself that I don't have to switch into "old man" mode just because I've created offspring. If anything, I've created life, and if I can do that, what can't I do?

>)

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Thanks everyone!

Starting to find my routine again. I used to fear having a baby would disrupt my life and set my progress back light years. I see now that this is simply not the case. In fact, not only has this experience opened my eyes to a whole world of new opportunity and need, it feels like it boosted my motivation and drive. The challenge of business with a kid is often used as an excuse to quit. I see it as the very reason I must do better, try harder, and go further beyond.

Having a baby has triggered a period of reflection. I looked back over my old schoolmate's lives. Their posts on Facebook. The things they've accomplished. Mostly I saw a lot of people who stopped trying. They had kids 5-10 years ago, and something strange happened after that. Beyond posting non-stop about their kid(s), it was selfies and work complaints, and I noticed most of my old friends looked like they were 40 rather than 30. For some reason it seems a lot of people give up after they have a child.

It's almost as though they merge with the child. They live through the child. They no longer have to try, because now they have a child who is supposed to try for them. They say they want the child to surpass them or do better than them and have more opportunities than they had. Then they just quit, throw in the towel and accept their fate as someone who's doomed to spend their days working for the man until finally they retire and die.

I found these thoughts troubling. The social stigmas surrounding this time is troubling too. I changed my Facebook profile to one of myself and my baby. Then I changed it back, because I am still a person. I am still capable of doing more in this world. I have a baby, but I do NOT and will NOT live through my baby. This is not the end of the line for me, and it's good to remind myself that I don't have to switch into "old man" mode just because I've created offspring. If anything, I've created life, and if I can do that, what can't I do?

>)
Bust that narrative again!
I thought people stopped living once they graduated and got a job?:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Joking aside, please continue to be the 'evil' Sinisterlex, raising that army of badass supervillains hahaha.

And thanks for your new barrage of freelance videos, especially the ones on creating good proposals.

I talked to a recruiter who interviewed and shortlisted CEOs, CFOs, doctors and all the like for companies, and he did confirm that a YOU focus attitude in selling yourself and crafting a proposal or CV WAS the way to get hired.

Before the meeting, I was unsure on how to talk to him.

But somehow, my time on Upwork as well as YOUR videos made things click.

Thanks again, @SinisterLex !

AnAverageJoe

remember that you will die
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC

Congrats! Welcome to fatherhood.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks everyone!

>)
Being a dad is summed up in one sentence for me:

"Be the man you want your sons to grow up to be."

(Or "meet" in your case.)

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
A little late, but congrats man!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.