• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Off-Topic Cigar Afficionados in the House?

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by cutthroughstatic, Jul 18, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. eliquid

eliquid Gold Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $16,200
    I do it once or twice a month.

I moved over to smoking a pipe now ( corn cob, not crack ), but I actually miss the cigars now.

I generally bought a mix of :
    • Rocky Patel
    • Punch
    • Padron
    • Macanudo
    • Ashton
    • Brickhouse
    Always stuck with churchill or torpedo mostly with a light wrapper the majority of the time if I could get it. Although I would hit a dark one from time to time.

Those plus some coffee really got the colon flexing and working....

AgainstAllOdds, Scot and Chitown like this.
  2. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $67,706
    Seriously, when will you be in Scottsdale/Phoenix area again. We should just plan something.

AgainstAllOdds and Chitown like this.
  3. Chitown

Chitown Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,679
    @cutthroughstatic,

Yes, sir! I'll tell you what I had a few nights nights ago...Liga Privada #09. I like it better than the Padron '26...and I love the '26! Full-bodied, smooth and coffee-like flavor on the finish.

I got into a vicious argument with my landlord over repairs he refuses to properly address. [This will be my last apartment. Buying a house next year.] Later that evening, I needed to cool off and had a Liga at Hollywood Smoke located in Santa Monica, CA. Great vibe, interesting people and wonderful stick selection. It put me in a tranquil frame of mind. I should've brought some Bourbon with me.

I love Laguna Beach! A late friend of mine, Randy [I really miss him.], used to live in Corona. My enjoyment of cigars stems from his generous sharing of his stash. He was a fellow chauffeur who would call me up, after discharging a passenger, and ask if I wanted to have a smoke. If I was available I always joined him. In fact, we'd meet at Hi-Time Cellars in Costa Mesa and help ourselves to their great selection of cigars.

Those were some great times.

AgainstAllOdds and AllenCrawley like this.
  4. Chitown

Chitown Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,679
    @eliquid,
    I've sampled all of these labels. Brickhouse is a nice one, as well, when you don't want to bust the bank.

AgainstAllOdds likes this.
  5. Chitown

Rep Bank:
    $3,679
    @AllenCrawley,

Doesn't need to be a special occasion. I'll drive out to see you, my man! You cats are cool. Let's make it happen. Reminds me, I have to call @Eskil. I've been working on my biz. I plan to speak at the next Meetup, which means my s--t has to be tight!

Vigilante, AllenCrawley and Eskil like this.
  6. Eskil

Eskil Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $36,154
    You're welcome here any time man..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Chitown likes this.
  7. Chitown

Rep Bank:
    $3,679
    @Eskil,

Thank you, sir! Ringing you, later today.

Eskil likes this.
  8. Mr.Chaos

Mr.Chaos Wolves love Ice Cream. Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,353
    Drew Estate and Tatuaje are my favorite brands! If you haven't had a tatuaje try one.....awesome cigar, awesome company.

9. Chitown

Rep Bank:
    $3,679
    @Mr.Chaos,

I've never had Drew Estate but concur on all fronts about Tatuaje. Delicious smoke. Had to chuckle when told "tatuaje" is tattoo in Spanish.

10. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $219,396
    Admin Post
    Question...

If I try a cigar that is time honored, revered, and god-awfully expensive, and I STILL don't like it, do I still need guidance?

Not being facetious, legit question.

I only like Swishers because they're sweet and fast. We all know they aren't really cigars, more like something to do.

I'm there!

11. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $6,257
    Yes, just like the Dbags that buy Davidoffs in my club every weekend. If Swishers work for you, then congrats on being a cheap date. (not facetious)

AgainstAllOdds likes this.
  12. Mr.Chaos

Mr.Chaos Wolves love Ice Cream. Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,353

I think cigars are like craft beer. I had to ease my way into cigars starting with flavored sticks like the Drew estate java and java mint...then slowly into the stronger leafs.

If you like swishers look up drew estate java.....you'll love them, great morning or night smoke.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  13. shanem56

shanem56 Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $108
    I'll have a cigar every blue moon. Usually smoke one with my father down at the cigar bar called Renegades, in Richardson TX.
    Don't laugh but I prefer the Acid Kuba Kubas... :happy:

14. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $67,706
    Java are the ones I usually bring him.

15. AllenCrawley

Rep Bank:
    $67,706
    @Chitown we have a poker game tomorrow 5pm. Come on!

Eskil likes this.
  16. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Platinum Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $28,879
    A mild bodied cigar + Red Bull = perfect mindset.

Energized. Relaxed. Great conversation.

Perfect combination of stimulants.

I'm still a cigar amateur and typically enjoy trying different cigars. If anyone's new to cigars, then I recommend Cigars International. They have the best deals on "samplers", and have a pretty good deal going on right now: Build Your Own Ultra Premium Sampler - Cigars International.

Scot likes this.
  17. cutthroughstatic

cutthroughstatic I Buy Cars Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,373
    Hmm good question. I guess the answer is yes, and no.

Taste are 100% subjective. So while swishers don't float my boat, if they float yours, then congrats. I would echo the recommendation for the Java, and also try the Kuba Kuba by Acid if you like something sweeter.

You may really enjoy pipe smoking. Pipe tobacco is way smoother than smoking a cigar and is generally pretty sweet as well.

However, if you do enjoy cigars and the relaxation involved with them,the nicotine buzz, and the social setting... I would say that you could benefit from some guidance. It's the same as wine.

I'm not a wine snob at all. Usually $15/bottle is my max, have it maybe two times a week... I used to think yellow tail was fine but I enjoyed wine with my wife and we did tastings at some wineries. You start to develop a taste for wine that is better... now yellow tail is gross to me.

While taste IS subjective, the product itself can still be objectively better. Swishers are made with low grade tobacco and by machine. Nothing wrong with that, but the quality of the tobacco is pretty poor. If you start to dabble with other cigars slowly, you may begin to develop a taste for better tobacco.

The usual progression is - machine made (swishers, black and mild, etc), then flavored (java, Kuba Kuba), then connecticuts (park avenue by Gurkha is good even though Gurkha as a whole sucks, Connecticut by rocky patel, 5 vegas gold), then maybe try your hand at some medium bodied cigars, then maduros.

It depends how deep you want to get into this thing hah. And if you want to develop your tastes to where swishers taste like dog rockets. Maybe you want to just continue enjoying swishers, in which case more power to you. It's cheaper.

If you don't love the time commitment of some of the heftier cigars, maybe look into some connecticuts from the brand NUB. All their cigars are around 2 or so inches long. It's a good shorter smoke if that's what you're after.

MJ DeMarco likes this.