• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

Off-Topic Cigar Afficionados in the House?

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by cutthroughstatic, Jul 18, 2017.

1. cutthroughstatic

cutthroughstatic I Buy Cars Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,463
    Just out of curiosity more than anything.

I'm an avid cigar smoker. We have a large stand-up cabinet humidor in my business.

I smoke maybe 2-3 times a week. Always with good fellowship and friends. For me, it represents a true 2 hour span of total relaxation and enjoyment. It clears my mind, relaxes my body, and leaves me feeling energized after.

So - any other Fastlaners have a strong penchant for cigars?

2. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $142,075
    I have been known to smoke a good cigar every once in a while.

3. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $26,939
    Cigar smoking is a fun pastime for me as well. The great thing is the city I live in is nicknamed Cigar City.

I usually smoke local hand rolled cigars, not a fan of paying $15 for a brand name.

I took a recent trip to Scotland and brought back a bottle of 15 year old scotch from Dalmore called their Cigar Malt. It's made specifically to be paired with cigas. I can't wait to pair the two.

What do you guys typically pair your cigars with? Coffee, beer, spirits?

4. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $142,075
    If you ever get down to Tarpon Springs at the sponge docks there is a guy who sits in a little booth and hand rolls cigars. Awesome experience to just sit by the sponge docks and smoke one of his better than average hand rolled masterpieces.

In fact, I think I will go down there this afternoon.

I might have to invite you and your bottle of scotch over sometime.

5. cutthroughstatic

cutthroughstatic I Buy Cars Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,463
    Very nice. I have been down to the part of Florida quite a bit. I love it. If you've ever been to Naples, there's a fantastic cigar bar down there called the Burn. Really cool place.

I've paid $15 for a cigar a few times... but I buy cigars in bulk through different online sites. You gotta sort through and figure out what's really good, and what is just branded well. For the money, you can't beat a Padron ($6.50 a stick). I have a lot of favorites in the $3/stick range as well. I gravitate towards maduros.

Depends on the time of day, what my cigar is paired with. For the infrequent morning smoke, yeah coffee is cool. It works well too. More often than not it's with bourbon, whiskey, or scotch though and enjoyed in the evening. I used to smoke with different beers, porters and stouts and whatnot. But I'm trying to quit the beer. Just never leaves me feeling great.

AgainstAllOdds likes this.
  6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $238,409
    Admin Post
    I have been known to smoke a bad cigar every once in a while.

7. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $26,939
    I know exactly who you're talking about. Every time I go to the sponge docks I make sure to pick up a 6 pack of churchills from him.

My favorite place is in Ybor right across from Columbia. The place is called Tampero Cigars that I usually buy in bulk from. I actually need to make a point to stop by there soon, I'm out.

I'll take you up on that offer too, that Scotch has some great spice to it.

I'll have to find that plsce. We have a Thompson Cigar here which does a lot of bulk Cigar deals. But I'll always be a fan of local hand rolled. It's one of the things I try and bring home from a vacation if they make cigars there.

I'm a big fan of pairing stouts with cigars, but I'm a beer snob too. One of the breweries here Cigar City makes a beer called Maduro which is my favorite Cigar beer. With those names, you can't go wrong.

Damn. Now I want a cigar...

AgainstAllOdds, Chitown and Vigilante like this.
  8. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $142,075
    I am literally on my way down to the sponge docks. Five minutes and counting…

Today's pairings will be a monster energy ultra sunrise

9. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $74,214
    Unless I bring you a good cigar because I feel sorry that you smoke Swisher's. :hilarious:

Diet Coke.

A fond memory I have is the time you, @MJ DeMarco, @Chitown, @Kreedos Phoenix and myself had cigars at the cigar lounge in Talking Stick during The Summit. What a great night.

10. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $142,075
    IMG_3273.JPG

AgainstAllOdds, Chitown, ddzc and 7 others like this.
  11. mike24601

mike24601 Consumption Bear Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,413
    Used to be really into good cigars...and cigarettes, and nasal snuff, and swedish snus, english pipe tobacco, etc etc. Had to quit all that stuff but I might fancy a good stogie on a very rare occasion.

Chitown and Scot like this.
  12. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $3,999
    I smoke an AVO about twice a week, and there's always a bottle of Dalmore or Mac 12 on the table at my club

AgainstAllOdds, Chitown and Scot like this.
  13. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $238,409
    Admin Post
    We need to hear from @Chitown -- I want to hear a true story!

Chitown, Vigilante and AllenCrawley like this.
  14. cutthroughstatic

Rep Bank:
    $2,463
    Hmmm I want to organize an east coast fasttlane meetup now, centered around cigars.

I have over 300 right now in my humidor...

Anyone want to come to Virginia?

Scot likes this.
  15. Scot

Rep Bank:
    $26,939
    Next time there's a Fastlane Summit, pack some up and bring them.

Greg Rutkowski likes this.
  16. cutthroughstatic

Rep Bank:
    $2,463
    Unless someone wants to babysit my business, no Fastlane summit for me for at least 2-3 years.

I'll join via Skype and puff away virtually :eek:

Scot likes this.
  17. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $142,075
    SEPARATE
    YOUR
    TIME
    FROM
    YOUR
    INCOME

18. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $48,105
    I do enjoy a good cigar but I only smoke maybe 6-10 times per year on real cigars so I wouldn't call myself an aficionado or anything.

So far the only brand that I keep coming back to is Rocky Patel. I think 1997 is one I've had a lot but anything by them seems to be aces. I've had a lot of hit or miss stuff otherwise but Rocky never disappoints.

Fun story - I didn't realize "cigar drunk" was a thing until @Kak handed me (I believe) an Opus X. I think I got half way through it before I was knocked flat on my ass while @Vigilante and @Kak puffed casually away as this rookie's world was spinning under his feet for the next 30 minutes :p

Good times :)

amp0193, nitrousflame, Scot and 6 others like this.
  19. cutthroughstatic

Rep Bank:
    $2,463
    Well, duh. I'm in the growth stage man. Not yet to "enlightenment" yet. I'm on the right path, though. Got to build the money tree before my time is free.

amp0193 likes this.
  20. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $142,075
    I forgot about that. You went white as a ghost. Thankfully, you recovered.

Scot, JAJT and G-Man like this.
  21. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $3,999
    @Kak & @Vigilante gave an Opus X to a rookie? Like letting your neighbor's teenager drive the Lambo.

Scot, Greg Rutkowski and Vigilante like this.
  22. cutthroughstatic

Rep Bank:
    $2,463
    Yeah, Rocky Patel stuff is pretty good. That cigar lounge I mentioned in Naples, the Burn, is owned by RP.

I used to be a huge fan of RP. That's all I would smoke. If you get a little more into it, you'll end up liking some other brands and finding what else is good. But for a decent priced, mainstream, easily accessible brand, RP has it on lockdown right now.

Some brand recommendations if you're new to this...
    Padron (the best, always), Perdomo (sun grown yummy), Oliva (serie V da bomb), Man O' War, CAO (Flathead is legitttt), My Father Cigars/Don Pepin (if you like peppery/spicy notes), and more Padron.

Scot and JAJT like this.
  23. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $142,075
    @Kak had come up with a handful of them, I think from his sugar daddy in Mexico. It was awesome (except for the @JAJT part)

We had some good steaks, some good drinks, and then an awesome cigar.

24. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $238,409
    Admin Post
    Some people buy gas at gas stations, I buy cheap cigars.;)

25. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke The Horrendous Space Kablooie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $26,668