• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    How to Get Rich by Felix Denis

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: How to Get Rich, Felix Denis (Review | Discuss)

GOLD! CHECKLIST: How to Start a Digital Marketing Agency & Hit $5K in Less than 90 Days

Discussion in 'Hustles, Freelancing, Bootstrapping' started by Sean Marshall, Jul 19, 2018.

1. LittleWolfie

LittleWolfie Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $605
    Ah I knew that there was some extra context I was missing there.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  2. AdrianB

AdrianB New Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $70
    Another important point here is how do you find people to help you design the websites and how you pay them in order to keep them motivated and also your business to be profitable for you. You cannot do everything by yourself and because there is not a constant work load business I find it difficult to work with people in other terms than project-based.

3. LittleWolfie

Rep Bank:
    $605
    You can always pay for people in lower cost of living areas, they get the advantage of work form you being in the area where the work is demanded, whilst you get the difference between what it sells for away, and what it sells for at home. If your in an area, that is expensive, but has lots of networking opportunities, I can see this being a good play.

4. LittleWolfie

Rep Bank:
    $605
    I've been doing some online courses on this and checking out some e cigarette suppliers' websites.

It fits in nicely with what I'm doing, being a consumable means I could offer clients a lower price and cut of future sales as a way of encouraging them to buy/giving a lower pay option.

I need to zoom in on the niche a little more, they need to be too busy to do it themselves and willing to pay. I also need to work out what to do about the social media(I'm terrible at that, it looks like I will need it and I can't afford to pay an arm and leg for someone to do it for me right now) It will probably be one of the first things I outsource, however if it is needed, I need to figure it out or find some money another way first.

If I can hit 5k in the next 90 days, I will come up to Scotland and buy the OP family's dinner. It's not that far on the train anyways. Though I imagine since I'm doing this online it will take me longer?

Sean Marshall likes this.
  5. Sean Marshall

Sean Marshall Independent since 2010 Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $8,245

1. Not sure about LegalZoom in France. I'm sure there's something equivalent though.
    Yes, I started my business while still an employee. Although, I was let go just a month later.

2. I have a professional CPA manage my taxes. It's not an issue for me.

3. If you want to try cold calling, you can. The phone is still one of the most effective tools for selling.

4. Go online and look at what other companies in your area (or area where you wish to market to) are charging. Bottom line, it depends on the services you offer and who you're selling to.

5. If you're willing to guarantee your services, then sure, you can refund. If you want to offer a trial period of services, that also can work.

Kingmaker, Andy Black and AlaneM like this.
  6. Sean Marshall

Sean Marshall Independent since 2010 Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $8,245
    First, it depends on who your target audience is. Think about where they might hang out online. From there, you can first listen in to see what's being discussed, especially what challenges people have. You can then chime in providing solutions to those challenges. For free.

I like to fish with a net so I go after association presidents. For example, if you're looking at roofing companies for example, you can reach out to associations that roofers belong to. Start contacting the association president/leadership and offer an insane amount of value. You could do a webinar or provide a newsletter guest post or whatever. Better that than to reach out to roofers one by one.

Just one example.

Shinebabe, Kalps, Kingmaker and 2 others like this.
  7. Sean Marshall

Rep Bank:
    $8,245
    That depends. I had good luck with meeting people in person. Although, many of my students have had a lot of fast success by doing almost everything online.

Kingmaker, Andy Black and policebaton like this.
  8. LittleWolfie

Rep Bank:
    $605
    I'd need to either figure out an equiv of assoc. Pres or go after ones abroad.

I guess this is a problem for me, I have to figure out whom I can add value to and what my target audience should be.

I think at the moment I'm randomly trying to give value away to the wrong people.

For instance property gurus looking for leads on empty property all the time, so found forum, pulled data from interweb on one city mashed data up against Google maps to make it more visual. Gave 100s away for free. Figured I could gain interest and sell for other cities. Nobody was intrested, 1 person commented they thought it was crazy nobody would buy or download for free(my only accesser of property data) when so many are looking for it. They didn't want to buy and resell any more data from me though.

Perhaps I would do better with seo

I almost wonder if I would do better following one of those students' course.

9. Mazzolini

Mazzolini New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $97
    Hi Sean,

Amazing post, this has me grinding everyday when I’m home from work until i go to bed.

Where do you purchase your templates or do you design them? The ones on themeforest are around $700-3200 to resell and $15 for personal use. How do you combat this??

10. Sean Marshall

Rep Bank:
    $8,245
    ThemeForest is a good place to buy the themes. You can buy a license for each client if you wish. This way, it's all legal, everyone's happy, and you can get a highly customizable, easy to use theme.

Andy Black likes this.
  11. Sean Marshall

Rep Bank:
    $8,245
    Yeah, it sounds then, like it's a matter of finding the right crowd - an interested, paying market. And what your offer could be - something that would really get people interested.

Kingmaker likes this.
  12. abrakamowse

abrakamowse Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $482
    With Divi (Elegant themes) you pay $89 per year and you can use them for any customer, it doesn't matter if it is a personal project or a commercial product.

[​IMG]

13. Sean Marshall

Rep Bank:
    $8,245
    I've mentioned before that the key to growth is monthly recurring work. One off websites can be great for revenue but they key is the monthly services. This keeps everyone happy.

14. Sean Marshall

Rep Bank:
    $8,245
    Nice tip!

Shinebabe and abrakamowse like this.
  15. Longinus

Longinus Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $16,278
    Started with Divi but switched to Elementor without looking back.

16. Graft10

Graft10 New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $80
    Hi Sean,

Really great and valuable post. Just a couple of quick questions:-

How come you recommend limiting services to just one niche?

Also, I know you outsource your operations but can you point me to any good sources for learning about social media engagement from your experience?

Thanks for the post and in anticipation of your feedback.

Graft10

17. AdrianB

Rep Bank:
    $70
    Sorry for this question...I now both of you are here on the forum, but would like to get an objective answer from someone who already completed the courses. What do you guys recommend? Fox School or Sean Marshall-Clone my online marketing business?

18. LittleWolfie

Rep Bank:
    $605
    This, I figure one I can find a crowd then I can get an idea of what I might have to offer they might want. However, finding the crowd is hard.

19. Sean Marshall

Rep Bank:
    $8,245
    I recommend finding a niche to get started. You're not stuck in that niche. You can always add more later. Also, you can niche by industry or by service. Or both. But getting started in a specific area/industry helps you sell more, feel more comfortable with your services, etc.

For learning about social media engagement, I really like Social Media Examiner. QuickSprout University has some good stuff as well.

Kalps, Bora.s, Kingmaker and 5 others like this.
  20. Sean Marshall

Rep Bank:
    $8,245
    I can't speak for Fox School but for me personally, I don't do any hard sells. I put up a detailed sales page that shares all of the info. I try to treat people like grown ups and not use any cheesy marketing practices. You either want to start an agency or you don't.

Not sure if that helps. :)

Shinebabe, Kalps, Bora.s and 6 others like this.
  21. Sebastya

Sebastya Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $2,132
    Appreciate the post @Sean Marshall - If you ever have too many clients I'm happy to take some off your hands ;)

22. Longinus

Longinus Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $16,278
    I'm in @Fox Web School and learned a ton about selling. It shortened my process for at least 2 years.

Looking to follow Sean's course as well because I would like to add services and recurring revenue with digital marketing.

I think both can serve you very well but it depends what you want.

If you want cash in a pretty short period and want to learn how to sell for future ventures, but not really want an agency in the long term, go with Fox.

If you want an agency in the long term with recurring revenue, go with Sean.

If you want both (like me), choose both.

Shinebabe, Kalps, Bora.s and 5 others like this.
  23. AdrianB

Rep Bank:
    $70
    Thanks, that's what I also have in mind. I am going for both, will start with Fox WebSchool

AlaneM, Fox and Longinus like this.
  24. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $76,369
    I don’t want to hijack someone else’s thread - if you got any course questions you can shot me a PM. Thanks.

25. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,325
    Just finished your course on Udemy. Let's get started!

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.