The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Lead. Don't follow.
Ok.

Regarding profit I will:

Now sell my token. Or change in stablecoins ( I have done that already)
In the time until the next sink in December 2022 I will make due diligence, wheather other coins/ token have the potential regarding business ( or profit) like ETH or Fantom.

In December 2022 I will get into the token I choose.
In Juni 2023 I will sell again with 100 to 500% profit.

In December 2023 I will again get into the token I choose, as there will be the next sink.
Than in April 2024 Btc halfing will happen and my token will rise until 2025.

An uncertain thing is which months, as the halfing will be in April and the 2020 was some months later.

So thats my timeline. Will You follow?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RussRussman18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 8, 2016
Louisiana
Vast majority of crypto is a rug pull/pumpNdump scam.

Bitcoin is the Ford Model T of crypto, there is no longer any use case for it considering some of the other coins that have been developed. It will eventually crash for good and only have value as a piece of tech history.

Privacycoins will continue to slowly increase in value, but will experience large amounts of gov't resistance, and will never see widespread adoption (most people just don't care enough about their privacy to learn a new system like that). I don't think any privacycoin will ever reach bitcoin's current prices. Also too early to speculate on which privacycoin will dominate the space.

Certain coins are supposedly more efficient than current payment processors. I don't know enough about that field of technology to speculate much, but I am very dubious about such claims, and suspect that payment processors would be able to immediately copy the technology even if it was true.

Lots of people "investing" (gambling) in crypto right now in hopes of making quick money. They see stories of 1000x returns and "cRyPtO mIlLiOnAiReS" and sink what little money they have into a desperate diversified HODL which is their only hope for retirement. Ya hate to see it.

Personally, I wouldn't touch crypto with a ten foot pole right now.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina

Bitcoin is the Ford Model T of crypto, there is no longer any use case for it considering some of the other coins that have been developed. It will eventually crash for good and only have value as a piece of tech history.

Privacycoins will continue to slowly increase in value, but will experience large amounts of gov't resistance, and will never see widespread adoption (most people just don't care enough about their privacy to learn a new system like that). I don't think any privacycoin will ever reach bitcoin's current prices. Also too early to speculate on which privacycoin will dominate the space.

Certain coins are supposedly more efficient than current payment processors. I don't know enough about that field of technology to speculate much, but I am very dubious about such claims, and suspect that payment processors would be able to immediately copy the technology even if it was true.

Lots of people "investing" (gambling) in crypto right now in hopes of making quick money. They see stories of 1000x returns and "cRyPtO mIlLiOnAiReS" and sink what little money they have into a desperate diversified HODL which is their only hope for retirement. Ya hate to see it.

You are right, new tech programmable money has no chance vs centuries old peaces of paper scam money

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
You are right, new tech programmable money has no chance vs centuries old peaces of paper scam money
Biden is signing a new order to expedite the approval of more debt. I think that means $ will become more valuable… ha-ha!

And no, sarcasm isn’t a lame form of humour. ;)

RussRussman18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 8, 2016
Louisiana
Paper money will be replaced by some form of digital currency. I don't dispute this. I do dispute that that digital currency is going to be a totally decentralized token like bitcoin, ethereum, monero, etc. I would love if everyone on the planet suddenly started transacting in a privacycoin like Monero. But that is never going to happen, and staking your money on it happening is a bad decision

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Paper money will be replaced by some form of digital currency. I don't dispute this. I do dispute that that digital currency is going to be a totally decentralized token like bitcoin, ethereum, monero, etc. I would love if everyone on the planet suddenly started transacting in a privacycoin like Monero. But that is never going to happen, and staking your money on it happening is a bad decision
Just because the government tells you that you need to transact in a particular digital currency does not mean that people will follow it.

Imagine if the government wanted you to keep using the postal system for letters rather than using e-mails. To combate the rise of individuals using email they make their own and call it govmail. Meanwhile there exists hotmail, Gmail, yahoo.... Of course this is all hypothetical, but it stands essentially true.

Decentralization is the government's biggest fear. They are about to get some just due when they lose significant control over us, and they are going to fight it with everything they have. Just wait for it.

If it is good for you and not for them, they will fight it tooth and nail.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I feel like lowering interest rates and printing trillions of dollars making money worthless would be considered a rug pull

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016

I seriously doubt whether you've done enough research to understand Bitcoin and have kept an open mind while doing it. Or else you would never say it has no value. Crypto's use case is not only payments. Look at what is happening in the NFT space and Metaverse space. It's already proven it's use case and value.

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
do you know: am I allowed to take and use the information of API for example on coinmarketcap und use it in an app, when I make and sell this app?

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
Is anyone else getting CRO (Crypto.com)? I've been getting some and will continue to get some for the foreseeable future.

I think some of the high-society investors here might shoo it away as some pleb coin, but I think it has a lot of good things going for it.

- Strong marketing. Ads all over the place. You've probably seen them. Matt Damon! Hype and marketing is a huge part of Crypto, and these guys are pretty good.
- Crypto.com arena deal for 20 years. Talk about putting your money where your mouth is. I feel the people in charge of the deal on the stadium side would have done due diligence to make sure they weren't partnering with some shady outfit.
- Their cards are just cool. I could see them being some sort of status symbol.
- Staking rewards are one of the better ones out there.
- Ads for UFC, Formula 1, sports stadium. This will help attract "Crypto Bros". But more importantly, by placing themselves in the sports world, they could be primed to become an early mover in crypto sports betting, should something like that ever arise.

I don't exactly know how high the coin will go, but anything under $1 feels like it's undervalued.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Probably a repetitive question but: lump sum or cost averaging? Some fear now in the market but you can't ever hope to time it well...

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
That’s an individual decision @MTF.
As you are just starting with crypto, why not break it up for “learning purposes”? The more you interact with new tech, the more you understand it. You’ll make better decisions.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
That’s an individual decision @MTF.
As you are just starting with crypto, why not break it up for “learning purposes”? The more you interact with new tech, the more you understand it. You’ll make better decisions.

Planning to buy and hold BTC and ETH regardless of what's happening (same as with dividend stocks), the rest would be for riskier stuff. I guess I can go lump sum with the first two since the time horizon is long and maybe play with smaller sums with other stuff.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Even ETH and BTC. Buy, transfer to your wallet (hardware only please), takes a little learning.

But the fees can be large, so doing lump sum makes a lot of sense too. I’ve been doing lump sum since I started some 6 months ago. Now I’m cost averaging and keeping cash for the dips.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
ETH 2.0 was postponed till end of 2022 or even later.
What do you expect? Gas fee will lower. Will ETH and all ETH based tokens fall or rise?
So when ETH transfers are cheaper, maybe alternative solutions as Fantom will fall compared to ETH and ETH will rise.
Or POS will be considered as less proof and ETH will fall.
?

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
ETH 2.0 was postponed till end of 2022 or even later.
What do you expect? Gas fee will lower. Will ETH and all ETH based tokens fall or rise?
So when ETH transfers are cheaper, maybe alternative solutions as Fantom will fall compared to ETH and ETH will rise.
Or POS will be considered as less proof and ETH will fall.
?
Where did you see the news on end of 2022?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
So according to her we would be too early investing in the creator economy with Lukso ?
Too early is way better than too late, isn’t it? That’s just the thing, by the time everyone sees it as a “sure thing” any 10x to 100x returns aren’t there anymore.

But yes, and I agree with her. We need more adoption of the crypto for the next growth jump. It’s coming. It’s not linear. None of us can predict the exact timing.

So… That’s why I don’t sell. I keep buying.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Every coin has it's own tech adoption cycle. Coins with fast depreciating tech will have faster cycle and thus will dump earlier(i.e. think OHM coins are fast depreciating, some DeFi coins as well).
If you look at past coins, a lot of coins are depreciated after each market cycle.
Some will improve their tech and go into a new cycle. Others are forever dead.
Some others are in a super-long-term cycle(i.e. BTC, ETH, LINK) that require long-term development and have increasing numbers of developers.

peddletothemetal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 5, 2021
Issue is it's not a singular tech money. Anyone can make and hawk one.

Shiba Inu is probably the most blatant taking the piss of a bubble, within the bubble, that a bubble's participants ever wilfully opened their mouths and gulped down. And people talk about "the next shib" as a holy grail to be sought. Next you've got "husky inu" or whatever else nonsense, taking the piss of the taking of the piss, and people will still buy it.

The difference with paper scam money is that, rather than being able to spit a new one out tomorrow, you need to literally form a new state to create one. Oh, and the fact it's meaningfully used to buy and sell real things.

The sad fact about bubbles is the old saying "those who forget history are destined to repeat it". Tulip mania is a perfect analog here, but no participant cares, any more than a chronic gambler cares about expected return. Only the final sad realization that no non-participant wants their "inu coin", and all the participants that did are joining them in the rush to cash out before it returns to its natural value, has ever stopped them.

Which is why if you're going to participate, (disclaimer: satire, not advice) best to do so by hawking new coins and schemes and NFTs and other nonsense, in exchange for cold hard cash - a pure IQ based wealth transfer. Costs next to nothing to make and market, hits all CENTS, an excellent Fastlane endeavour.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Issue is it's not a singular tech money. Anyone can make and hawk one.

Shiba Inu is probably the most blatant taking the piss of a bubble, within the bubble, that a bubble's participants ever wilfully opened their mouths and gulped down. And people talk about "the next shib" as a holy grail to be sought. Next you've got "husky inu" or whatever else nonsense, taking the piss of the taking of the piss, and people will still buy it.

The difference with paper scam money is that, rather than being able to spit a new one out tomorrow, you need to literally form a new state to create one. Oh, and the fact it's meaningfully used to buy and sell real things.

The sad fact about bubbles is the old saying "those who forget history are destined to repeat it". Tulip mania is a perfect analog here, but no participant cares, any more than a chronic gambler cares about expected return. Only the final sad realization that no non-participant wants their "inu coin", and all the participants that did are joining them in the rush to cash out before it returns to its natural value, has ever stopped them.

Which is why if you're going to participate, (disclaimer: satire, not advice) best to do so by hawking new coins and schemes and NFTs and other nonsense, in exchange for cold hard cash - a pure IQ based wealth transfer. Costs next to nothing to make and market, hits all CENTS, an excellent Fastlane endeavour.

I am all ears. Yet I see no real point to your post.

Explain please how Web 1.0 migrated to Web 2.0 and is now firmly on the path of Web 3.0 (of which Crypto is a major component and ETH is a major player on a Etherium platform that hosts thousands of apps)? How is all of that a tulip mania?

Or are you picking buzz words to make your "argument" sound stronger? I want to engage in a dialogue. I want to hear the opposing side. But you are giving me nothing. Not yet, at least.

I am all ears.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Mental block: do you really trust yourself not to lose the seed phrase/somehow compromise it? I know that everyone says cold storage is the way to go but is it really that safe if you can so easily forget it/lose it/compromise it otherwise?

This is my biggest limit/mental block to invest in any crypto. I just don't feel comfortable with the idea that it's so extremely easy to lose it all and never be able to recover it.

This, plus to a lesser extent not being able to easily pass it on to heirs when I die (without compromising it when I'm alive).

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Mental block: do you really trust yourself not to lose the seed phrase/somehow compromise it? I know that everyone says cold storage is the way to go but is it really that safe if you can so easily forget it/lose it/compromise it otherwise?

This is my biggest limit/mental block to invest in any crypto. I just don't feel comfortable with the idea that it's so extremely easy to lose it all and never be able to recover it.

This, plus to a lesser extent not being able to easily pass it on to heirs when I die (without compromising it when I'm alive).

I keep mine locked away in the same place as my big guns and big knives. :)

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

And what if you lived 200 years ago and wanted to buy a goat? Would you say “gee, I don’t trust myself with a goat. What if someone steals it? I’d rather a government issued me a paper. To a lesser extent I can pass on piece of paper to my heirs. But a goat that F*cks another goat and makes a bunch of little goats… I can’t handle this kind of responsibility”.

This is how one family created a big farm and another passed on nothing to their heirs.

Seriously. You can’t hide a piece of paper with words on it? Or give it to your family when you die?

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States

I’m comfortable with using a hardware wallet because I only use it to receive or send (to an exchange). I don’t connect my hardware wallet to any sites or applications.

As for losing access e.g. my seed phrase or codes, I’ve created enough paper backup copies that I feel like I’ll be able to recover it.

However when I take out my wallet, I’m very, very antsy with it. I make sure I see it at all times, I’m careful with how I plug in the USB, everything follows procedures on how I interact with it (take it out, use it, and how it should go back).

Downsides: Natural disasters, fires, robbers, or if I’m in the hospital/unconscious, etc…

One thing that sucked was when I went to South Korea, I totally forgot to bring it with me. So I didn’t have it close to me for about 3-4 months.

But all in all, personally I think the pros outweigh the cons. And I’m happy I have more freedom and ownership of my assets. It does come with more responsibility, but it’s all up to me. I’d highly recommend anyone to get a hardware wallet, especially if you’re really getting into crypto.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.