The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Hmmm…

I wish this was real. I’d sell…
1B37AE4F-A67E-49B9-83B1-F75258716FD7.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Lol just memorize it ffs. It's a handful of words. How many quotes do you know? How many songs, films, books? Your mind really can't store 12-24 words in a sequence? Have you tried to remember them?

All this rambling about the seed words or complexity or the math or the wtv. Just buy one. Its like 100-200 bucks. Then connect it to a PC and play around. Create a wallet. Restore one. Delete it. Make a new one. Do this 50 times if you need to. Then remember 12-24 words.

No need to finish titanium plates and hide it in a lock inside your bunker. Just remember them - your mind is more powerful than you think. Just try and see what happens.

You can rely on your memory until you can't... There's always a possibility of some kind of an accident that may damage the part of the brain where this information is stored, temporarily or permanently. I think this should be taken into account.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Crypto bros (joke)...How are we anticipating the likelihood of a bear market around the corner?

I'm thinking the market will do another pump soon before a bear market sets in...and then the bull could last a while longer than usual. All I know is I have seen a lot more crypto adoption in the last year during covid.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
One of my limit orders filled and I picked up more LYXe. The only item I didn't get is BTC. But December is not over :).

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Lol, A friend sent me something similar with Raven. If only. I would be worth a serious dollar value
Haha, you and I would be having this conversation face to face on an intergalactic space shuttle. Why? Because at that level of wealth, jet planes are just rounding errors on your net worth. And all the trillionairs will be space barons.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
I guess I'm a crypto miner now. There was a Canada drop of Helium miners, and luckily I snagged 2! So now I will have 3 total.

Hilariously I just casually checked the website during drop time, manually put in my info, and the order went through hassle free in three minutes.

Meanwhile the US drop was a total clusterF. In addition to the people who have their significant other/friends/neighbors on the multiple computers/phones/tablets, you had people with bots hammering the website trying to scoop them up. They ended up cancelling the US drop and no one got any, and they will try again next week.

I am uncertain as to the future of Helium (HNT). As with so many crypto projects, the idea sounds super cool. It's also one of the few crypto projects with an actual working physical product RIGHT NOW. However it remains to be seen if their iot network powered by this web of miners gets mass adoption.

The miners will pay for themselves in a few months, and after that it's all free baby!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
@MitchC @Antifragile

All right, the coin is...

MultiVAC! (MTV)

Currently trading at $0.019ish. Available on Kucoin.

It was shilled to me as the last competent sub-$100Million market cap L1 project. On Nov 29 they are releasing the MultiVAC MRC20 standard.

There's lots of info about it on Reddit and YouTube.

Friendly reminder that I don't really know what I'm doing yet, but there ya go. Happy hunting!
Any further updates on this? I wasn’t following closely… but I’m curious if at some point it’s worthy of a deeper dive. Keep us posted.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
If you enjoy reading through ETH contracts through etherscan, I found a project making it easier to read contracts.

Let's say you have a typical etherscan contract URL such as: HoneyBeePreSale | 0x104777cad8a41c33fb2f7e777404d393c62683f0

Replace the [.io] in the URL with [.deth.net]

Opens up in-browser, VSCode and provides you with an easier way to read the code and file structure.

The forum automatically takes the title of the link so you're not really able to see what I mean. But basically, instead of
Code:
etherscan.io/address/xxxxx
[changes to ->]
Code:
etherscan.deth.net/address/xxxxx

Project: GitHub - dethcrypto/ethereum-code-viewer: View source of deployed Ethereum contracts in VSCode

Last edited:

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
Any further updates on this? I wasn’t following closely… but I’m curious if at some point it’s worthy of a deeper dive. Keep us posted.

Well, I was accumulating at .019-.017, and then king shitcoin decided to take a dump, and now it's down by almost 50%. I would be worried if most other coins weren't also dumping. Working on those diamond hands.... :p

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Is someone of you in creating tokens?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
@MoneyDoc @AceVentures @Ocean Man and everyone else who's into ETH.

Am I getting it right?

A company or individual(s) make NFTs for sale. Mint them, sell to open market. They get all the ETH back from minting and if project is mega success (like BAYC), they get 200+Eth for their NFTs. It seems to me that it's a way to grab ETH at a major discount. If I am right, then ETH will continue shrinking in supply and make it more valuable even when the bull market ends (which may be as early as 2022).

Poke holes in this for me please. Want to learn more about this stuff. Thanks.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Interesting on the Lyxe. Maybe I need to trade an eth for this one of the days. I'm still sitting on the sidelines. Nike is interesting, they won't be messing around

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Interesting on the Lyxe. Maybe I need to trade an eth for this one of the days. I'm still sitting on the sidelines. Nike is interesting, they won't be messing around

Read the white paper, it's a very clever project. I like that it ties both physical and digital goods together. Quite promising.

But of course, by now I am biased and you should not listen to anything I say. I own some LYXe. I want it to pump :)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
How safe is using Blockfi for getting interest from Bitcoin?

4.5% per year is for 0 - 0.10 BTC and for between 0.10 - 0.35 BTC it's just 1% so I wouldn't deposit more than 0.1.

Are there any better options for getting cashflow from BTC? Is it even worth it considering difficult tax reporting of income?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
How safe is using Blockfi for getting interest from Bitcoin?

4.5% per year is for 0 - 0.10 BTC and for between 0.10 - 0.35 BTC it's just 1% so I wouldn't deposit more than 0.1.

Are there any better options for getting cashflow from BTC? Is it even worth it considering difficult tax reporting of income?
I just had the discussion today with my son.
Beside the tax issue.

Investing 1000€ into solar panels returns 300€ after a year. 30%
1000 into a mining rig now 500 a year.50%. Rises and falls with the minded tokens charts. Maybe much more in 4 years.

So as in Cryptos I wouldn’t invest my BTC for 4.5% to a institution I have doubts to.

On your ledger and 4 years later you ll have much more than these percents.

My opinion.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
So as in Cryptos I wouldn’t invest my BTC for 4.5% to a institution I have doubts to.

That's a good point. I prefer cashflowing investments but to me it's also very low considering the risk.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
9594700F-C617-4E3A-B020-6090995B5F28.jpeg
Hmm, at least one person would use my idea haha.

I’ve been thinking about creating something like an all-in-one swap/wrap/bridge. Right now, especially for newcomers, the process of going from token A to token B can be very confusing. Sometimes a person needs to wrap, bridge, and swap to get token B, sometimes a bridge is simply required, etc…

My idea (not sure how possible it is), is to create a tool which basically shows the possible paths a person can take to take token A (input) and transform it to token B (output). Maybe the tool can get approvals from the user and do the bridging, swapping, etc itself.

It’s especially confusing when I have to switch websites and tools to continue in the process of bridging or swapping. Why can’t everything be done in one place? Maybe because it’s not that easy..?

I’ve been thinking about this idea for awhile and how we can improve the experience. Glad to see somebody else was talking about the issue. Might have to look for a team of devs. :)

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
Thanks for mentioning LUKSO. I'll have a look and maybe I'll scoop up a little bag. Or big bag? Is anyone in it with a large part of their portfolio? Or just playing around with smaller portions?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Thanks for mentioning LUKSO. I'll have a look and maybe I'll scoop up a little bag. Or big bag? Is anyone in it with a large part of their portfolio? Or just playing around with smaller portions?

I own a decent chunk

F21D6D89-E393-49AC-974E-395BF0647EFC.jpeg

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
If you've ever used OpenSea, checkout: SOS to see if you qualified for their $SOS airdrop. You may be surprised!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.