The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
House committee… not sure if I should be bullish or bearish!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
I dove deep into Lukso and the thing it needs is adoption. The tech and vision is amazing, but without any adoption and deployment of nfts on it, it's worth nothing. Just think about it, how hard is it do dissuade an NFT creator from deploying on Ethereum and put it on any other blockchain? Very hard. Only the big players are able to do that, like Solana. Players like Solana have big funding behind them.

I think it will be very hard for Lukso to get people on board. Good tech doesn't mean much in this case and other projects can create the same standard as ERC-725.

Think about it, a small team (Lukso) is competing with the big dogs like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana, Polkadot. Very hard fight.

Not trying to FUD, just trying to prevent people from making the mistake of going all in, like I wanted to in the beginning with Lukso.

Now that doesn't mean it will not pump hard, since the crypto pumps are more often than not not based on logic. Nobody understands the tech, they just follow what the influencers are saying.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I dove deep into Lukso and the thing it needs is adoption. The tech and vision is amazing, but without any adoption and deployment of nfts on it, it's worth nothing. Just think about it, how hard is it do dissuade an NFT creator from deploying on Ethereum and put it on any other blockchain? Very hard. Only the big players are able to do that, like Solana. Players like Solana have big funding behind them.

I think it will be very hard for Lukso to get people on board. Good tech doesn't mean much in this case and other projects can create the same standard as ERC-725.

Think about it, a small team (Lukso) is competing with the big dogs like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana, Polkadot. Very hard fight.

Not trying to FUD, just trying to prevent people from making the mistake of going all in, like I wanted to in the beginning with Lukso.

Now that doesn't mean it will not pump hard, since the crypto pumps are more often than not not based on logic. Nobody understands the tech, they just follow what the influencers are saying.

Before the mainnet, it’s mostly believing in the team and hoping the masses follow the tech. No way of knowing how it’ll turn out. But then it’s priced accordingly to the risk too.

Humans are predictable, you saw the pump before the announcement of the delay for mainnet. Then a sell off.

If by June of 2022 the overall market is bullish, this will pump above previous ATH. Human factor alone. Awareness etc.

If the market is a bear, it’ll pump a lot less.

Once it’s on main net, your point is valid. Adoption will be based on awareness, team, marketing, alternatives …

Overall, I’m bullish on this project and the next 6 months should be good to us.

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
Before the mainnet, it’s mostly believing in the team and hoping the masses follow the tech. No way of knowing how it’ll turn out. But then it’s priced accordingly to the risk too.

Humans are predictable, you saw the pump before the announcement of the delay for mainnet. Then a sell off.

If by June of 2022 the overall market is bullish, this will pump above previous ATH. Human factor alone. Awareness etc.

If the market is a bear, it’ll pump a lot less.

Once it’s on main net, your pints become interesting to discuss. Adoption will be based on awareness, team, marketing …

Overall, I’m bullish on this project and the next 6 months should be good to us.
Trading is a different thing than investing.

What I'm trying to say is that if Lukso is a big part of your portfolio, then you are taking on a lot of risk. If you want to gamble, then do whatever you want. Shiba inu pumped more than Lukso ever will.

But if you want to invest based on fundamentals and long term probabilities, ETH and BTC should be your biggest bets. After that the bigger smart contract platforms like Solana and Polkadot, Cardano, Avax etc.

Then you have a small part of your portfolio you can allocate to uncertain bets.

People are talking about Nike etc having their main products launch on Lukso and that it will be announced during mainnet launch. Why the F would a big brand like Nikey put their reputation at risk by launching on a unproven blockchain? Come on.

Just my 2 cents.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Trading is a different thing than investing.

What I'm trying to say is that if Lukso is a big part of your portfolio, then you are taking on a lot of risk. If you want to gamble, then do whatever you want. Shiba inu pumped more than Lukso ever will.

But if you want to invest based on fundamentals and long term probabilities, ETH and BTC should be your biggest bets. After that the bigger smart contract platforms like Solana and Polkadot, Cardano, Avax etc.

Then you have a small part of your portfolio you can allocate to uncertain bets.

Just my 2 cents.

Other than Ace (maybe), I doubt anyone here is a "all in" on Lukso. That would be crazy, yes a big gamble.

60% of my holdings are ETH, then BTC. Then big (but hopefully semi-intelligent) gambling ;)

To be fair, I treat the entire Crypto "investments" as gambling to begin with. I think ETH and BTC are intelligent bets but if I lost it all, that event would not change a thing in my life. My real investments are all my business.

Thanks for your post - it should be a reminder to all newer readers. :thumbsup::fistbump:

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
Other than Ace (maybe), I doubt anyone here is a "all in" on Lukso. That would be crazy, yes a big gamble.

60% of my holdings are ETH, then BTC. Then big (but hopefully semi-intelligent) gambling ;)

To be fair, I treat the entire Crypto "investments" as gambling to begin with. I think ETH and BTC are intelligent bets but if I lost it all, that event would not change a thing in my life. My real investments are all my business.

Thanks for your post - it should be a reminder to all newer readers. :thumbsup::fistbump:
Awesome! I'm very confident in crypto in general. It's a beautiful innovation. For me crypto is not a gamble anymore.

Last edited:

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014

I disagree with this because Lukso is not competing with anyone.

Lukso does not “need” Nike either. Ignore those "moon boys" - they were shaken out after mainnet delay was announced.

I invest in teams. Not hype. A lot of chains currently in the top 20 don’t have working products. Lukso is creating new architecture. You’re dismissing it way too early without even seeing what will be possible. Like Fabian mentioned in his interview with Raoul Pal, “I’m not worried about adoption, I’m worried about adoption too fast”.

I’m sure @AceVentures can clear your doubts.

Again, to each their own. You have valid “doubts” but this space is so new, it’s hard to say what’s going to happen even tomorrow. I think we’re all extremely lucky to even be giving thought to this space so early on.

Last edited:

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019

Lukso does not “need” Nike either. Ignore those "moon boys" - they were shaken out after mainnet delay was announced.

I invest in teams. Not hype. A lot of chains currently in the top 20 don’t have working products. Lukso is creating new architecture. You’re dismissing it way too early without even seeing what will be possible. Like Fabian mentioned in his interview with Raoul Pal, “I’m not worried about adoption, I’m worried about adoption too fast”.

Again, to each their own. You have valid “doubts” but this space is so new, it’s hard to say what’s going to happen even tomorrow. I think we’re all extremely lucky to even be giving thought to this space so early on.

I think he makes a great point - adoption is needed. I think it is a conversation that needs to be had. This IS a startup company and no the product has not been validated by the market yet. Nothing is a sure bet. It's all about weighing risks and opportunities against each other.

My bullish signal for adoption on a system like LUKSO is the underlying architecture, which allows for transactions to be paid by another party than the user itself. This, I estimate, enables growth because it can abstract the blockchain interaction, which every chain today despite their many use-cases still lack.

Their stack is also modular, which with today's rapidly evolving technology is a big plus, to be able to hotswap the blockchain, the validation, and the execution elements. Being EVM means existing dApps can deploy on it with ease - their desire to deploy on such a network would be to tap into a network of users, users that are held together by powerful account standards instead of a hexadecimal string of numbers.

Again, worth noting that this is all possible but to not get ahead of ourselves. It will be the thing if it becomes the thing, and as investors it's our job to stay mindful and perform reality checks along the way to ensure the vision, the execution, and adoption align with our expectations.

I think investing right now is not a straight shot to the finish line. The markets are up ludicrous over the past 2 years - everyone is hoping for a rapid growth of valuations, but valuations should be checked against the earnings of the chain/protocol/service. There are many products in the game right now that aren't profitable. They sustain and invite liquidity by dumping tokens into circulation. But the system itself needs to have enough demand and mechanisms to ensure this demand finds economic supply. There are bottlenecks around adoption of web3 right now, and these need to be met with fundamentally better products and services offered by these grids.

Adoption should be closely monitored, and all participants should keep their eyes wide open.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I think he makes a great point - adoption is needed. I think it is a conversation that needs to be had. This IS a startup company and no the product has not been validated by the market yet. Nothing is a sure bet. It's all about weighing risks and opportunities against each other.

My bullish signal for adoption on a system like LUKSO is the underlying architecture, which allows for transactions to be paid by another party than the user itself. This, I estimate, enables growth because it can abstract the blockchain interaction, which every chain today despite their many use-cases still lack.

Their stack is also modular, which with today's rapidly evolving technology is a big plus, to be able to hotswap the blockchain, the validation, and the execution elements. Being EVM means existing dApps can deploy on it with ease - their desire to deploy on such a network would be to tap into a network of users, users that are held together by powerful account standards instead of a hexadecimal string of numbers.

Again, worth noting that this is all possible but to not get ahead of ourselves. It will be the thing if it becomes the thing, and as investors it's our job to stay mindful and perform reality checks along the way to ensure the vision, the execution, and adoption align with our expectations.

I think investing right now is not a straight shot to the finish line. The markets are up ludicrous over the past 2 years - everyone is hoping for a rapid growth of valuations, but valuations should be checked against the earnings of the chain/protocol/service. There are many products in the game right now that aren't profitable. They sustain and invite liquidity by dumping tokens into circulation. But the system itself needs to have enough demand and mechanisms to ensure this demand finds economic supply. There are bottlenecks around adoption of web3 right now, and these need to be met with fundamentally better products and services offered by these grids.

Adoption should be closely monitored, and all participants should keep their eyes wide open.
Well said!

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
I want to emphasize again that my post was a reaction to the ones wanting to go all in on Lukso. When someone says that, it indicates a mindset of wanting to get rich quick and finding a holy grail that does that. I was one of them.

In my opinion the way to gain massive wealth in crypto is by preserving your capital and survive it long term. The gains will come. The gains even with BTC and ETH will be massive in the coming 10 years. Why take major risk by going all in on a coin and giving yourself the chance to get thrown out of the market?

How can you say this my friend? It's competing against any other blockchain where NFTs can be deployed upon... It's biggest opponent is Ethereum and Vitalik has mentioned that they should be working on something like ERC-725 and it's likely that they will do that. On top of that, as Fabian himself said any other project can take the ERC-725 standard and use it on their own network.

Projects without working products. Yes, ''Charles Hoskinson is an excellent motivational speaker, running a blockchain project on the side''-Youtuber comment.
But then again you have to ask yourself why Lukso is not in the top 100 yet. It's not underground anymore. Clearly the market has decided that it doesn't deserve that spot. That might change in the future, who knows.

I'm not dismissing it. Now Fabian has done some good work on Ethereum and seems to be a visionary. But on the other hand he seems to have a very small team. Trust me, adoption won't be too fast with Lukso. Usually projects have huge capital they use to incentivise people to adopt their blockchain. Does Lukso have that?

Even Raoul Pal which you mention (a genius macro-economy investor) has 80% in Ethereum and the rest divided over multiple other projects. Then we have Michael saylor (a genius rocket scientist) that is all in on Bitcoin and he gives very convincing arguments for it. Which one is right? I think the smartest people in the space (for example Jeff Booth) believe in Bitcoin more. Bitcoin does what it's mean to do perfectly and so far the culture hasn't changed much about it's fundamentals. On the other hand, Ethereum is way more experimental and for example they have gone from inflationary to deflationary. What prevents them from changing it again? Moral of the story? Do your own research. If not, you will get eaten by the sharks in crypto. Remember, for you to make money in crypto means someone else has to lose money.

As Gary Gensler said, there is Bitcoin and then there is the rest.

'', which allows for transactions to be paid by another party than the user itself'' --> Immutable X enables zero-fee transactions for the users, on Ethereum. It has partnerships with the likes of VeVE (disney NFTs). Now don't go all in on Immutable X, from what I understand its highly inflationary.

There are many other blockchains EVM compatible.

Again I'm not bashing Lukso. It's good to have a small allocation to it, I guess.

A reddit user has done an extensive research on whether alts survive bear markets. It concludes that many of the top 10 projects people were absolutely bullish on in the past bull markets, have gone down massively and have gone down in marketcap ranking:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E1fient8XU&ab_channel=GrahamStephan

Last edited:

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
In my opinion the way to gain massive wealth in crypto is by preserving your capital and survive it long term.

I agree with you here. And we did talk about risk management - some have an appetite for more or less risk, and that's fine as well. If that's the case then no angel investor or VC ought to take financial risk on a startup - but why do they? Innovation brings about disruption and an opportunity to seize market share. You can place bets on that, or you can sit on the sidelines and criticize it.

How can you say this my friend? It's competing against any other blockchain where NFTs can be deployed upon... It's biggest opponent is Ethereum and Vitalik has mentioned that they should be working on something like ERC-725 and it's likely that they will do that. On top of that, as Fabian himself said any other project can take the ERC-725 standard and use it on their own network.

The market potential for NFTs is massive - and the current adoption is minimal. "NFT" today is an ERC721 token with a keypair and a JSON file with a link to a file. Not only that, but the user experience is the same - create a wallet, buy coins from an exchange, send to wallet, connect wallet to dApp, authorize dApp to transact, and sign off on each tx.

ERC725 enables any key value to be stored into an account contract, and you get keypair management with the ability to authorize relayers to sign on your behalf, on specific key stores. This is a fundamentally different design. And sure, other networks can adopt the standards, but right now that's LUKSO.

'', which allows for transactions to be paid by another party than the user itself'' --> Immutable X enables zero-fee transactions for the users, on Ethereum. It has partnerships with the likes of VeVE (disney NFTs). Now don't go all in on Immutable X, from what I understand its highly inflationary.

Immutable is a rollup - it's UX is the same as ETH except fees are minimal because tx are batched before being sent to L1. I implore you to go create an account at Universalprofile.cloud/create to understand how the UX differs - it's not about cheaper fees it's about a new way of interacting with blockchains.

I'm not dismissing it. Now Fabian has done some good work on Ethereum and seems to be a visionary. But on the other hand he seems to have a very small team. Trust me, adoption won't be too fast with Lukso. Usually projects have huge capital they use to incentivise people to adopt their blockchain. Does Lukso have that?

No projects don't usually have huge capital to incentivize people - they use token incentives, which LUKSO has plenty in the treasury for this purpose. ETH, by the way, was fully funded with $15M, about the same amount LUKSO raised at it's rICO.

Trust me, adoption won't be too fast with Lukso.

When you say trust me, what's your basis here? Have you been developing and launching blockchains? I'm not trying to be a dick, but when I see something like this, where you say "trust me" and then you point to the opinions of Raoul, Saylor, random reddit users, and Graham the Real Estate Vlogger, I wonder where this expectation of trust comes from.

I think you make fair points - about capital allocation, risk management, and a bigger picture of the space. But a 0 sum approach will prevent you from seeking out new opportunities. If LUKSO were a sure bet then it's price and market size wouldn't be sitting where they are. The execution and timing risk is baked into the price you see today, or so the market currently sees it as.

There is a difference between a startup and a well established chain like ETH. There are pros and cons to each investment type, and there are risks and opportunities with both.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

I am trying to find a better link on this but these are some big numbers.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
This year was a crypto learning year for me. (Edit: 5 months only)
I have some money into Cryptos and now, near the end ov the running bullrun, I changed in stablecoins for the next period.
I wasn’t really investing until now. Merely gambling, daytraiding and learning the basics of cryptos, wallets, institutions.
I had a bit of luck with a Shitcoin, so I didn’t pay tuition.

I will follow you!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Lead. Don't follow.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Nice, the rich getting richer.
This sounds like whining about lack of your own success. Did I get it right?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I want to buy an NFT - what should I buy? Help me out folks. I’m going to the Open Sea https://opensea.io/assets and want to get started with some NFT ownership. What do the smart people of Fastlane think I should buy?

Edit: I like Crypto Punks. But they seem “expensive”.

Last edited:

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
I agree with you here. And we did talk about risk management - some have an appetite for more or less risk, and that's fine as well. If that's the case then no angel investor or VC ought to take financial risk on a startup - but why do they? Innovation brings about disruption and an opportunity to seize market share. You can place bets on that, or you can sit on the sidelines and criticize it.
Do VCs go all in on 1 project with their whole capital? Remember what my main point was: don't go all in on a project, especially a low market cap coin like Lukso.
The market potential for NFTs is massive - and the current adoption is minimal. "NFT" today is an ERC721 token with a keypair and a JSON file with a link to a file. Not only that, but the user experience is the same - create a wallet, buy coins from an exchange, send to wallet, connect wallet to dApp, authorize dApp to transact, and sign off on each tx.

ERC725 enables any key value to be stored into an account contract, and you get keypair management with the ability to authorize relayers to sign on your behalf, on specific key stores. This is a fundamentally different design. And sure, other networks can adopt the standards, but right now that's LUKSO.
If Lukso gets adopted, then thats great. Are you willing to take the risk and go all in on Lukso and have it as your only coin in your portfolio? Also you got in at 4-5 USD. Then the risk is much lower then someone who would get in now, even though its still early.

As I said before, I love the vision and the tech. But tech doesn't mean much if other big crypto projects can incentivise developers and users to go to them instead of Lukso. Ideas are great, but execution is what makes something work. As we all know as fastlaners.

Immutable is a rollup - it's UX is the same as ETH except fees are minimal because tx are batched before being sent to L1. I implore you to go create an account at Universalprofile.cloud/create to understand how the UX differs - it's not about cheaper fees it's about a new way of interacting with blockchains.
Uhm.. I was responding to your argument that Lukso enables user's to not having to pay fees when buying NFTs for example. Immutable X enables that too and user's will not interact with it, it will be something in the background. For example Opensea could use it or Coinbase's NFT platform. Veve is going to use it without the users having to know that Immutable X is being used.

99+% of crypto investors, including me, have no way of finding out for themselves how the tech works behind the scenes. People I know people who are building legit crypto projects (including doing their own coding) and even they can't give me answers on some questions I'm asking.

I know really well what the universal profile does and is. I know it's the future and is a missing key. Even Vitalik said that. But if Ethereum implements the tech of Lukso in their own blockchain, then it's goodbye Lukso. It will be hard to get a consensus from the whole Ethereum dev to do it, but it's possible. Ethereum has a huge network effect. But even then I wouldn't go all in on Eth or even BTC. Or maybe another project will do it. Nothing is certain.

If almost no one is able to verify what is treu tech-wise, then why should they go all in on 1 project? Isn't diversifying your risk not better?
No projects don't usually have huge capital to incentivize people - they use token incentives, which LUKSO has plenty in the treasury for this purpose. ETH, by the way, was fully funded with $15M, about the same amount LUKSO raised at it's rICO.
The treasury is only worth something if the marketcap and price of LYXe is actually good. If Lukso starts selling a lot of their tokens in the treasury now, then it would tank the price.

ETH was the first mover in this whole smart contracts thing, so they had no competition. So that's a ridiculous comparison.

I've read many articles of projects like Solana dishing out 400million just to attract new users and developers. Now Lukso can do it without, but it will be hard.

When you say trust me, what's your basis here? Have you been developing and launching blockchains? I'm not trying to be a dick, but when I see something like this, where you say "trust me" and then you point to the opinions of Raoul, Saylor, random reddit users, and Graham the Real Estate Vlogger, I wonder where this expectation of trust comes from.
Dude someone in this thread gave as an argument that Fabian had said that he is afraid that Lukso would get adopted too fast. Being afraid that a blockchain project gets adopted too fast is like someone just starting in the gym saying ''I don't want to get as big as Ronnie Coleman so I'm going to take it slow''. So yes, trust me on that that its not that easy. Lol you make it sound like it's easy peasy becoming a blue chip crypto project.

Again I have 2 friends who are building serious blockchain projects and they both tell me Lukso doesn't have much chance. So no, I'm not a blockchain developer. But I know people who I see every day who do...

Raoul, Saylor are way more accomplished in investing than you are. Facts. They are 1000x more accompished in investing than me, but still I wouldn't go all in on Bitcoin just because Michael Saylor said so... critical thinking is key,

That reddit user did an extensive research with hard data and number you can verify. You can look it up.
I think you make fair points - about capital allocation, risk management, and a bigger picture of the space. But a 0 sum approach will prevent you from seeking out new opportunities. If LUKSO were a sure bet then it's price and market size wouldn't be sitting where they are. The execution and timing risk is baked into the price you see today, or so the market currently sees it as.

There is a difference between a startup and a well established chain like ETH. There are pros and cons to each investment type, and there are risks and opportunities with both.
I've never had a 0 sum approach, again I'm just saying don't go all in bla bla. So we agree on that, the risk-reward ratio is priced in. Meaning: it has a lot to prove before it even gets into the top 100....

Just be careful with hyping projects like that too much. Noobs get sucked in. You were frigging posting pictures of the demo of their app having Balenciaga, Nike and implying that all these big brand names would probably become partners. That's just pure speculation. Noobs believe that, just like I did. Until I looked behind the veil.
That's like those people in the Lukso telegram group who created fake profile of Christiano Ronaldo and then shilling Lukso with it.

Over the long term the sheep get slaughtered by the wolves in this investing game.
Also it's worthwhile for all of us to not be biased just because we have invested in it.

Peace out. I'm going to let this rest because I have done my job. Good luck to you all.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I am trying to find a better link on this but these are some big numbers.
Lead. Don't follow.

So many takeaways here that I think most people will miss, including Gary's hardcore sycophants.

Gary's leading, not following.
Gary's a seller, not a buyer.
Gary's selling shovels, not digging for gold.
Gary's a producer, not a consumer.
Gary's monetizing his personal brand, not wasting time on someone else's.

That's how you make $250K in one day.

People are sheep and the sheep think that his results are repeatable if they just buy some dumbass shitcoin. No, Gary made $250K in 1 day because he spent 1 decade building a personal brand worth millions.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
If anyone had any doubts, 2020-2021 has uncovered how idiotic the supposed "leaders" are. Yet we (or at least I do) still trust the value of fiat currency even though it's been steadily decreasing and is propped by nothing more than empty promises and fake credibility.

I'm so tired by the idiotic/evil decisions made by the governments around the world that despite still having reservations about crypto, recently I've been thinking more and more of really devoting myself to the field of DeFi just to join the ranks of those who through their actions show that this can work without any idiots at the top controlling it.

I guess that's what @AceVentures has in mind as well - it's not just a way to potentially make money but to support a possible revolt against a terrible system ran by people who pretend they do but in reality have no idea what they're doing (unless it means enriching themselves).

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 11.59.40 AM.png
Was able to attend an ETH party last night in Seattle. I was able to meet people from the DAO that I'm in which is interesting and many other strangers who were all just into crypto. It was great! Everyone is very accepted in this space. It doesn't matter whether you're new to this space or a veteran, everyone is here to support each other and grow.

One thing really liked was that my ticket into the event was an NFT ticket! I signed the transaction and got my QR code sent to me via email and showed them the QR code at the door. Transaction on the xDAI network.:)

Last edited:

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Hustle Every Day!

Heal Piece

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Jun 25, 2019
USA
I want to buy an NFT - what should I buy? Help me out folks. I’m going to the Open Sea https://opensea.io/assets and want to get started with some NFT ownership. What do the smart people of Fastlane think I should buy?

Edit: I like Crypto Punks. But they seem “expensive”.
I've been dabbling in the NFT world for a few months now and the best thing i can tell you is DYOR. Just like with anything we talk about here there aren't any shortcuts. It's lengthy and arduous, even more so than learning about crypto. Get on NFT twitter and follow the influencers/"advisors"(Following @Punk4156 is an awesome start, read his threads). Learn about the projects they are talking about and why they are valuable. Join discords. Join ALOT of discords. Every project will have one (GaryVee's discord is a great place to start). Talk to people, ask a lot of questions, you'd be surprised how nice and informative most of these communities are, even despite answering the same questions 1000's of times.

We are in an exciting time right now as NFTs are finally starting to expand beyond jpegs and pfps. Full fledged games and metaverses are being built, and there is loads of opportunity out there. You like Punks? Have you read up on the controversy around Larva Labs? Try and get a grasp on why it's important to some, and some are just disregarding it as FUD. There are 100s of "bluechip" NFTs out there right now. I wouldn't just ape in on Punks, I would poke around and find a community and some artwork you like. Find someone who is putting something out that stands for what web3 should be about, not just throwing a project out there for a cash grab.

Fun fact: yesterday an epic sale happened when Punk 4156 was sold for roughly 2500 ETH (~10 Mill). I believe this was held for only about 10 months and gained about 9MM in value. Earlier the very same day, "right click and save as guy" (artwork by xcopy) sold for 1600 ETH. These are the two biggest NFT sales to date.

My actual recommendation would be try and find a project early, really early. Follow along in the development process and get a feel for what the devs are trying to accomplish and what the project could mean for it's community and NFTs as a whole. Try and get on a whitelist, and then mint something when it launches. Punks and BAYC will always be there on the secondary market if you want to take that leap in the future.

Edit: also join a DAO if you can (above post reminded me). You really want to learn, feel and see what goes on in the web3 world? This can be a huge opportunity, learning experience, and give you the feeling of being part of a digital community.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
What a puke today, must be the leveraged sell offs causing this mess. Only good for people like me! I loaded up on my favourites. Put in some limit buy orders and was pleased they filled up.

Sure, it may go down again and more, who the hell knows the future? But if you wanted a particular position and it was "on sale" before christmas - yeah, buying it isn't a bad idea.

Classic December or something else going on? I got a few more ETH today.

And LYXe is getting a real pounding since the peak. Will it get below $10? If so, I’ll add more. But I’d rather see bounce back up.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

zhangmin_007

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jun 25, 2019
If anyone had any doubts, 2020-2021 has uncovered how idiotic the supposed "leaders" are. Yet we (or at least I do) still trust the value of fiat currency even though it's been steadily decreasing and is propped by nothing more than empty promises and fake credibility.

I'm so tired by the idiotic/evil decisions made by the governments around the world that despite still having reservations about crypto, recently I've been thinking more and more of really devoting myself to the field of DeFi just to join the ranks of those who through their actions show that this can work without any idiots at the top controlling it.

I guess that's what @AceVentures has in mind as well - it's not just a way to potentially make money but to support a possible revolt against a terrible system ran by people who pretend they do but in reality have no idea what they're doing (unless it means enriching themselves).
《The Sovereigh Individual》

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Anyone with a paid Substack subscription to BowTied Bull or DeFi Education? Is it worth it, particularly for someone starting from zero?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018