The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
Speaking of Technical Analysis, what are everyone's thoughts on it as it relates to computer coins?

This is week 4 of my diving headfirst into crypto land, and I'm spending the majority of my non-work time absorbing as much as I can. Inevitably I end up on Youtube watching someone give a TA on a particular coin, and it all seems like divination to me.

For instance, let's take a coin like MANA. It had a huge run up shortly after Facebook announced their renewed focus on the "Metaverse" and changed their name to Meta, so MANA and lots of other projects in the space like SAND got nice boosts. Yet a TA of those coins would not be able to explain such a boost. They can only point to lines and trends and trace points and patterns, but there's no accounting for what the actual company behind the coin is doing out there in the world. The second you use real world news to account for a bounce or dip, it's no longer TA (right?).

Basically I just want to know if I'm wasting my time drilling into TAs of coins, and instead should focus on researching projects, the people behind them, their goals, and what space they want to occupy in the greater crypto and Web3 ecosystem. I feel like TA is meant for the very mature and competitive traditional stock market, where teams of elite Wall Street analysts battle each other in money chess to manipulate the market, but cryptos are way too volatile and irrational (DOG$hit coin!) to do TA upon.

Lastly I made my first bet, it's small, but could go parabolic. No, it's not a poocoin. I learned about it on 4chan and TikTok, two extremely trustworthy sources of crypto info, so I'll keep you all updated on how it goes. :p

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Speaking of Technical Analysis, what are everyone's thoughts on it as it relates to computer coins?

This is week 4 of my diving headfirst into crypto land, and I'm spending the majority of my non-work time absorbing as much as I can. Inevitably I end up on Youtube watching someone give a TA on a particular coin, and it all seems like divination to me.

For instance, let's take a coin like MANA. It had a huge run up shortly after Facebook announced their renewed focus on the "Metaverse" and changed their name to Meta, so MANA and lots of other projects in the space like SAND got nice boosts. Yet a TA of those coins would not be able to explain such a boost. They can only point to lines and trends and trace points and patterns, but there's no accounting for what the actual company behind the coin is doing out there in the world. The second you use real world news to account for a bounce or dip, it's no longer TA (right?).

Basically I just want to know if I'm wasting my time drilling into TAs of coins, and instead should focus on researching projects, the people behind them, their goals, and what space they want to occupy in the greater crypto and Web3 ecosystem. I feel like TA is meant for the very mature and competitive traditional stock market, where teams of elite Wall Street analysts battle each other in money chess to manipulate the market, but cryptos are way too volatile and irrational (DOG$hit coin!) to do TA upon.

Lastly I made my first bet, it's small, but could go parabolic. No, it's not a poocoin. I learned about it on 4chan and TikTok, two extremely trustworthy sources of crypto info, so I'll keep you all updated on how it goes. :p
Shill us your coin and why you chose it

worst case you get good feedback on it, best case it pumps

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
@EVMaso - fellow Vancouverite! Hope you and your family are ok and not affected by the floods. More rain is forecasted next few days... :(
As @MitchC said - this forum is a great place to brainstorm, share and learn. Whatever project you are betting on - share it, someone may save you a lot of time and maybe even losses. Best case, it's the opposite and it goes to the moon - your Fastlane exit :)
Hi. To transfer your lyxe to your hardware wallet, just send them to the ETH address. Last time when I did this from kucoin, the fees were 1.5 lyxe. To be sure, I have sent first a small amount and after I saw that it works I sent the rest.

I now have my LYXe in hardware wallet, but Ledger live doesn't show its value. Is that normal?

It looks like this:
ETH - $___
USDC - $____
LUKSO _[nothing]

@MoneyDoc - how do you store your LYXe?

edit: I feel like a kid in a candy store with this trading screen on KuCoin. Bought some more LYXe and will be adding more daily, if it dumps - I am ready :) If it doesn't, all good too - I am in this time.

Last edited:

robjohn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jan 31, 2017
USA
@EVMaso - fellow Vancouverite! Hope you and your family are ok and not affected by the floods. More rain is forecasted next few days... :(
As @MitchC said - this forum is a great place to brainstorm, share and learn. Whatever project you are betting on - share it, someone may save you a lot of time and maybe even losses. Best case, it's the opposite and it goes to the moon - your Fastlane exit :)

I now have my LYXe in hardware wallet, but Ledger live doesn't show its value. Is that normal?

It looks like this:
ETH - $___
USDC - $____
LUKSO _[nothing]

edit: I feel like a kid in a candy store with this trading screen on KuCoin. Bought some more LYXe and will be adding more daily, if it dumps - I am ready :) If it doesn't, all good too - I am in this time.

In your Accounts tab, under your Ethereum section, there should be a link that read [Show tokens].
When you click on that, it will open up to display your Ethereum tokens. Lukso should show up, but not the $ amount. Just the total number of LYXE.
That's how my Ledger Live works.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014

It looks like this:
ETH - $___
USDC - $____
LUKSO _[nothing]

Hey man, I still have it on KuCoin... probably should remove it to a hardware wallet.

I did do a test transfer to my ledger, and you're right, it does not show the value. Apparently it's not supported right now.

robjohn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jan 31, 2017
USA
Hey man, I still have it on KuCoin... probably should remove it to a hardware wallet.

I did do a test transfer to my ledger, and you're right, it does not show the value. Apparently it's not supported right now.

Question for you MoneyDoc. How do you fund your Lukso purchases. Did you give Kucoin a Visa / debit card. Or do you buy a currency from another exchange and transfer over? I've been doing it the latter, but I cant transfer more than $1000 daily. Was curious how you did it for much greater quantities. Thanks!

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Question for you MoneyDoc. How do you fund your Lukso purchases. Did you give Kucoin a Visa / debit card. Or do you buy a currency from another exchange and transfer over? I've been doing it the latter, but I cant transfer more than $1000 daily. Was curious how you did it for much greater quantities. Thanks!
I wire USD to Gemini or Kraken.

On Gemini I get USDC. On Kraken I get USDT. Transfer to KuCoin. Buy $LYXe.

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
Shill us your coin and why you chose it

worst case you get good feedback on it, best case it pumps
@MitchC @Antifragile

All right, the coin is...

MultiVAC! (MTV)

Currently trading at $0.019ish. Available on Kucoin.

It was shilled to me as the last competent sub-$100Million market cap L1 project. On Nov 29 they are releasing the MultiVAC MRC20 standard.

There's lots of info about it on Reddit and YouTube.

Friendly reminder that I don't really know what I'm doing yet, but there ya go. Happy hunting!

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I sold 1.1 Eth last night at $5200 CAD a coin. Lol. Not because I was excited by the price but because I need to deploy that cash elsewhere.

I think the best move for me would be to sell a small portion of it, and then sell full units the next day after it is going to go up. I think every time I sell my petty Eth it goes up right after. I think the solution to this is 10-100x my operation so that when I want to I can just sell 10-100x more Eth. More is always better :)

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I sold 1.1 Eth last night at $5200 CAD a coin. Lol. Not because I was excited by the price but because I need to deploy that cash elsewhere.

I think the best move for me would be to sell a small portion of it, and then sell full units the next day after it is going to go up. I think every time I sell my petty Eth it goes up right after. I think the solution to this is 10-100x my operation so that when I want to I can just sell 10-100x more Eth. More is always better :)
That’s what I’ve been telling you!!!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

zhangmin_007

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jun 25, 2019
On the LUKSO recent price drop:

@AceVentures could u share your opinion?

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
@AceVentures could u share your opinion?

This article comes from someone that bought LUKSO after being shilled on CT. Everybody is trying to time a bull/bear market cycle duration from the past 4 year BTC halving cycles. I think this thesis is flawed and is not how I decide on my investment in lukso. But let's entertain this anyway:

This assumes that price is solely correlated with mainnet - but I disagree. Awareness, I argue, is the highest primitive driving price. If/when people know what they're dealing with, which is happening at faster and faster rates (ask me how, I've been a holder for a while now), people will begin to accumulate. Holder base distribution. You think people aren't down to wait a few months? It's a bull market, and there is billions of dollars circulating around mostly hype and vaporware. I argue price can increase gasp even with mainnet delayed.

This is the LYXe/ETH trading history (I don't look at $ pair, what I care about is whether something outperforms or underperforms ETH during my investment window). During LYXe trading history, on a logarithmic chart, the price has ranged within these bookend trendlines. Now this is not TA magic, it is simply looking at the price window during it's lifetime. If you note my green arrows - these have all historically been incredible entries. This means price has always traded above these entries. Now the entire thing can be invalidated and price begins to trend outside this range - but all I have to work with right now is it's trading history. So for me, the past 4 such events have all been net+ entries. I personally loaded up massive buys at such events. If I had been sidelined and wanting exposure to this startup, this is when I would be buying. Do with that information what you will.

1637714543399.png

zhangmin_007

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jun 25, 2019
This article comes from someone that bought LUKSO after being shilled on CT. Everybody is trying to time a bull/bear market cycle duration from the past 4 year BTC halving cycles. I think this thesis is flawed and is not how I decide on my investment in lukso. But let's entertain this anyway:

This assumes that price is solely correlated with mainnet - but I disagree. Awareness, I argue, is the highest primitive driving price. If/when people know what they're dealing with, which is happening at faster and faster rates (ask me how, I've been a holder for a while now), people will begin to accumulate. Holder base distribution. You think people aren't down to wait a few months? It's a bull market, and there is billions of dollars circulating around mostly hype and vaporware. I argue price can increase gasp even with mainnet delayed.

This is the LYXe/ETH trading history (I don't look at $ pair, what I care about is whether something outperforms or underperforms ETH during my investment window). During LYXe trading history, on a logarithmic chart, the price has ranged within these bookend trendlines. Now this is not TA magic, it is simply looking at the price window during it's lifetime. If you note my green arrows - these have all historically been incredible entries. This means price has always traded above these entries. Now the entire thing can be invalidated and price begins to trend outside this range - but all I have to work with right now is it's trading history. So for me, the past 4 such events have all been net+ entries. I personally loaded up massive buys at such events. If I had been sidelined and wanting exposure to this startup, this is when I would be buying. Do with that information what you will.

View attachment 40891
great!It's helpful~

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014

View attachment 40891
100% agree.

Saylor says it best with regards to timing of bull/bear markets - previous cycles are NOT indicative of future cycles.

RSI also hit 12 yesterday. This is oversold big time right now and as more people realize that the main net delay means nothing, they'll crawl back in. When Raoul Pal airs his interview with Fabian (very soon), everyone will crawl back in. When people hear Fabian talk at Blockchance on Dec 2, they'll crawl back in. This project fundamentally is one of the strongest out there. Flow, which hosts NBA Top Shot copied some standards from Lukso... let that sink in, lol.

If you're buying any ERC-20 token right now, it's because of Fabian. How can you not back such a visionary in this space?

I personally believe we'll be back up in no time. Like @AceVentures said, historically this is a perfect entry point.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
100% agree.

Saylor says it best with regards to timing of bull/bear markets - previous cycles are NOT indicative of future cycles.

RSI also hit 12 yesterday. This is oversold big time right now and as more people realize that the main net delay means nothing, they'll crawl back in. When Raoul Pal airs his interview with Fabian (very soon), everyone will crawl back in. When people hear Fabian talk at Blockchance on Dec 2, they'll crawl back in. This project fundamentally is one of the strongest out there. Flow, which hosts NBA Top Shot copied some standards from Lukso... let that sink in, lol.

If you're buying any ERC-20 token right now, it's because of Fabian. How can you not back such a visionary in this space?

I personally believe we'll be back up in no time. Like @AceVentures said, historically this is a perfect entry point.

I think it’s an excellent time to buy. When you see people like the guy I quoted tell you “I’m staying out”, don’t.

This is not financial advice etc etc etc.

No one can time markets. But it can pay to be contrarian. Adoption is based on belief. And I agree, as the word spreads and more people read the white paper, it’ll attract more buyer and price today will look like a bargain.

With that in mind, I picked up another decent batch of LYXe. Very happy with it. And very close to my desired total number of LYXe for a long hold.

Last edited:

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
The law of energy -
Bitcoin shows us the digitalization of energy thus allowing us to move energy without wires. It's efficiently moving cheap energy throughout the world.
If everything in the world can be broken down into energy,
then the attention and energy of people can also be digitalized. The more people are behind an idea, the bigger the energy.
This is why Memecoins actually have a lot of energy(due to TikTok etc.), and thus actually has a lot of value.
Young people tend to have more energy than old people. Think about it. Zoomers are our future, if you like it or not.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
Scene: Thanksgiving. Early Evening.

"Our son invested in Bitcoin and is now a multimillionaire. I have researched it, and you can even mine Bitcoin. The technology will change the future.".
"Ok, I buy $100."

A few days later.

OMEGA MARKUP(big money....).

"Wow, this works. I will buy another $10000"

Mainstream adoption.
-----
Scene change: Somewhere in the border of the room. Young adults gathered on the sofa.

"You should invest in Dogebonk. It's the true successor to Dogecoin."

"Okay man. I buy $100"

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Dow plunges more than 900 points as new coronavirus variant sends global markets reeling

I see both BTC and ETH are down too.

Can someone explain to me the link between crypto and general stock markets? Why do they behave in synch with each other?

It seems there is a flight to gold happening too, but then why isn't BTC treated as a good store of value?

Curious to how the smart folks here interpret this and hope to learn from your replies.

edit:
“ Bitcoin not providing much of a hedge,” noted Neil Wilson, an analyst at broker Markets.com, in a note. Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin have been favored as investments in part because they are supposed to be mostly divorced from mainstream financial market pressure.

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 11.28.24 AM.png

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

@Kak, I think you'll enjoy reading this.

Innovation Requires Decentralization and a Frontier​

Technology has swung us towards centralization in the last decade

2:52

Get podcast
Naval: Innovation requires a couple of things. One of the things that it seems to require is decentralization.
I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the Athenian city-states or the Italian city-states or even the United States—when it was more freeform and less federal government controlled—were hotbeds of innovation, because you had lots and lots of competition. People could switch from one state to another if their ideas weren’t welcome, and there was a robust competition of ideas.
The real diversity that matters is the diversity of ideas, not the diversity of skin color.
You also need a frontier. You need something new to explore—either an intellectual frontier or a physical frontier. We’ve occupied California. If anything, now California is the institution, the establishment. It’s no longer the front of the Wild West. Maybe we need one in space. Maybe we need intellectual ones like we have in cryptocurrencies.
It’s the nature of the Wild West that they’re always filled with scammers; they’re always filled with crimes; they’re always filled with very strange and odd things, because they tend to attract a weird crowd. But at the same time, it is where a lot of the innovation is going on.
I see a lot of lamenting from old school scientists and entrepreneurs. “Where are the new entrepreneurs welcome?” I think Paul Graham, the Y Combinator founder, a brilliant guy, tweeted something along the lines of, “Steve Jobs… and people like him wouldn’t last a day inside the companies they created.” He’d be canceled by his own team.
But Steve Jobs today would be in crypto. He’d be in crypto with all the scammers and all the criminals and all the weirdos, but at least there he’d have a space to be weird. He’d have a place to be different. He’d have a place to try new things without having to constantly answer to someone.
There is a pendulum between centralization and decentralization.
For example, if you look at the crypto world, centralized finance ends up very ossified. You have the government and the regulators telling you exactly what you can and can’t do. You get regulatory capture, and next thing you know, Wall Street is sucking 20% of the profits out of the economy—and crypto can replace that.
So you get decentralization pressure where people can do it in a freeform, programmatic way. But then you end up with a lot more scams, fraud and losses as well.
An analogy might be that, in olden times, you worried about brigands and robbers in the forest, so you appealed to the king. The king builds a nice keep, the king mints the money. But next thing you know, the king is debasing the currency and the king is throwing people in jail. Then some people run off into the forest and they become brigands again because they want their freedom. But now, of course, they’re subject to attacks and harassment from their peers.
So there’s a natural pendulum swing that goes on in history between centralization and decentralization, and I think the arc of technology actually swung us towards centralization in the last decade.
I’m a big fan of Amazon, but it’s a very centralized entity. I think that there’s a decentralization arc that is taking place even in that industry. Things like Shopify are coming up and enabling small stores to compete. Local delivery services like DoorDash are centralized services, but they’re allowing a decentralized army of restaurants and local shops to compete against centralized services.
We’re going to see this arc go back and forth.
Subscribe to Naval

ramonorencio

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Jun 6, 2015

I like charts mainly to see if a token is too hot and time to sell, or if a token has established a solid base that buying it is not as risky and there’s upside potential.

I usually trade micro caps in which TA goes out the window. Therefore I get an idea based on the order book. Can’t really do that with highly traded assets since they move so fast. That’s where TA is more useful in my case.

BAUCE

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jun 21, 2021
Here's a really cool interview with Fabian and Lukso. You can sign up for free to check out the video. To sign up go to the crypto tab.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States