The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

AndyTalks with @JoeyF about AdWords Local Lead Gen

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
AndyTalks with @JoeyF about AdWords Local Lead Gen

We're both freelancers doing similar things.

(I'm not that impressed with my new headset mic tbh. I'll try to get that Blue Yeti working again.)

> Click here to access the recording <

What were your takeaways?

What will you do differently going forward?

(For other recordings click HERE.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Canuker

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 5, 2016
Thanks for the value as always! Is there any way to download these?! I always try and listen in my car but Soundcloud won't let me save on my phone.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Type in SoundCloud download onto Google, tons of options.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for the value as always! Is there any way to download these?! I always try and listen in my car but Soundcloud won't let me save on my phone.
Thanks @Canuker.

What were your main takeaways?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
No problem. For some reason on my mobile the online version of your SoundCloud audio went mute for a few minutes at a time - the issue rectified when I downloaded them.

I meant to reply to this earlier. Is this the clip where you mention the 3k a month lawyer account with such a wide service area that you basically got locked into exclusivity with the one account? I found that particularly interesting, especially given that a lot of "experts" tend to almost mock lower paying accounts. Sometimes the dollar figures aren't the only important metric.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
No problem. For some reason on my mobile the online version of your SoundCloud audio went mute for a few minutes at a time - the issue rectified when I downloaded them.

I meant to reply to this earlier. Is this the clip where you mention the 3k a month lawyer account with such a wide service area that you basically got locked into exclusivity with the one account? I found that particularly interesting, especially given that a lot of "experts" tend to almost mock lower paying accounts. Sometimes the dollar figures aren't the only important metric.
I don't remember mentioning the lawyer client. They're spending mid 4 figures a month and have a handful of offices. I wouldn't take on clients that overlap their geographies.

I don't know if experts mock smaller paying advertisers. It would be great if they do as I'd just zig when they zag.

Canuker

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 5, 2016
Thanks @Canuker.

What were your main takeaways?
Well, first of all, thanks for turning me on to "The Art Of Paid Traffic". The episodes you recommended were really interesting.

My main takeaways were:

- Trying to focus on clients that are A) producing the best results and B) the easiest to work with. Then getting rid of the headache clients that aren't getting results. I forget where I heard this analogy, but it's the idea of trying to push a big rock downhill instead of uphill. Except the rock is your business, so why not make it easy for yourself instead of hard.

- Be strategic about what vertical you end up choosing. Make sure it's one that works with Adwords. A good way to do this is to try and solve a bunch of problems in many verticals and see what you like/ what works.

- Related to the last point.... It's a good idea to "hedge your bets" with verticals. If you solely focus on one vertical, and something happens within that vertical, everything you built could be ruined. So focusing on two verticals isn't a bad idea just in case something happens with the first.

- Possibly offering your first month of service at a reduced rate to more easily attract clients.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Well, first of all, thanks for turning me on to "The Art Of Paid Traffic". The episodes you recommended were really interesting.

My main takeaways were:

- Trying to focus on clients that are A) producing the best results and B) the easiest to work with. Then getting rid of the headache clients that aren't getting results. I forget where I heard this analogy, but it's the idea of trying to push a big rock downhill instead of uphill. Except the rock is your business, so why not make it easy for yourself instead of hard.

- Be strategic about what vertical you end up choosing. Make sure it's one that works with Adwords. A good way to do this is to try and solve a bunch of problems in many verticals and see what you like/ what works.

- Related to the last point.... It's a good idea to "hedge your bets" with verticals. If you solely focus on one vertical, and something happens within that vertical, everything you built could be ruined. So focusing on two verticals isn't a bad idea just in case something happens with the first.

- Possibly offering your first month of service at a reduced rate to more easily attract clients.
Thanks for this! Rep+

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.