The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Accepting The Hard Parts?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Michael Greene

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 2, 2015
Detroit
Hey guys,

Why is that knowing you chose this path, and accepting that decision, doesn't make it any easier dealing with the hard parts? Like for me, I can understand that I chose to be in....sales for example, it was my decision and i take responsibility for it. But knowing that doesn't make it any easier dealing with the rejection, the being ignored , etc. Is that normal? How do you make it easier for yourself to understand that that's just a part of the journey?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cashflow Queen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
470%
Mar 6, 2018
Long Beach, CA
Hey guys,

Why is that knowing you chose this path, and accepting that decision, doesn't make it any easier dealing with the hard parts? Like for me, I can understand that I chose to be in....sales for example, it was my decision and i take responsibility for it. But knowing that doesn't make it any easier dealing with the rejection, the being ignored , etc. Is that normal? How do you make it easier for yourself to understand that that's just a part of the journey?

It is normal. It’s always going to be hard. Deciding to do something is different than being totally committed. Just keep telling yourself you’re 100% committed and you’re going to do it no matter what. You already committed. No time to waste, action is the only possible route forward now! Also if you find a mentor, like someone who is successful at sales, they can motivate you greatly by being a good reference point. If you can’t find one in person pick up a biography.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
I choose to "embrace the suck".

In action:
Myself to myself: I hate (insert whatever, lets say sales)! Yep, this is going to suck. Ha, its going to suck so bad! Well it's going to suck but I have to do it so let's go!
Myself to customer: Please buy this car it's awesome.
Customer: I hate your car.

Myself to myself: Oh man, that sucked! I hate rejection but....the next sales guy might not be tough enough to stick it out. If I just keep going, I can build a "wall" with the rejection.
Myself to customer: I know right! What would a car that you didn't hate look like?
Customer: I hate you.

Myself to myself: Ahh, yeah this sucks but now its funny! I'm building walls for my competitors!
Myself to customer: I know right! So what car would you want to buy from Gabby Reese?
Customer: She's hot. I'd probably look good in a corvette.
Myself to customer: Take this one for a spin and see if it feels right.
Customer: No. (and leaves)

Myself to myself: Wow, total suck! Glad I was prepared and found the humor in it. I bet I can't find 20 people this week to treat me that bad. Challenge accepted.

When you "embrace the suck" you take the personal part of rejection out of the equation. The rejection (failure) becomes "feedback". Feedback makes you stronger. Stronger gets you to your goal.

A great resource on this:
Hit up @jon.a and read his post about dropping pool weights (post #9 in that thread)

Good luck!

Michael Greene

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 2, 2015
Detroit
It is normal. It’s always going to be hard. Deciding to do something is different than being totally committed. Just keep telling yourself you’re 100% committed and you’re going to do it no matter what. You already committed. No time to waste, action is the only possible route forward now! Also if you find a mentor, like someone who is successful at sales, they can motivate you greatly by being a good reference point. If you can’t find one in person pick up a biography.

I choose to "embrace the suck".

In action:
Myself to myself: I hate (insert whatever, lets say sales)! Yep, this is going to suck. Ha, its going to suck so bad! Well it's going to suck but I have to do it so let's go!
Myself to customer: Please buy this car it's awesome.
Customer: I hate your car.

Myself to myself: Oh man, that sucked! I hate rejection but....the next sales guy might not be tough enough to stick it out. If I just keep going, I can build a "wall" with the rejection.
Myself to customer: I know right! What would a car that you didn't hate look like?
Customer: I hate you.

Myself to myself: Ahh, yeah this sucks but now its funny! I'm building walls for my competitors!
Myself to customer: I know right! So what car would you want to buy from Gabby Reese?
Customer: She's hot. I'd probably look good in a corvette.
Myself to customer: Take this one for a spin and see if it feels right.
Customer: No. (and leaves)

Myself to myself: Wow, total suck! Glad I was prepared and found the humor in it. I bet I can't find 20 people this week to treat me that bad. Challenge accepted.

When you "embrace the suck" you take the personal part of rejection out of the equation. The rejection (failure) becomes "feedback". Feedback makes you stronger. Stronger gets you to your goal.

A great resource on this:
Hit up @jon.a and read his post about dropping pool weights (post #9 in that thread)

Good luck!

Thanks guys. A lot of people don't talk about the hard parts of the journey, they only talk about the successes so when you start going through the hard parts you feel alone. So i guess that's what made me ask that question. I don't know very many people that are into this kind of journey, so there's not very many people that can relate. That's one reason i am thankful for this forum.

Cashflow Queen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
470%
Mar 6, 2018
Long Beach, CA
Thanks guys. A lot of people don't talk about the hard parts of the journey, they only talk about the successes so when you start going through the hard parts you feel alone. So i guess that's what made me ask that question. I don't know very many people that are into this kind of journey, so there's not very many people that can relate. That's one reason i am thankful for this forum.

Normal people are just not into the sort of pain and hard work it takes; do not compare yourself to them! Compare yourself to the ultra successful, you will see all that they have suffered! Hope that makes you feel better. We are all hustling like crazy on here. I learned to just stop identifying with normal ppl or sharing with them this side of my life. Once I started identifying with the right groups I felt much better. Normal ppl just look at you like you’re crazy... get used to it haha!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
We are always alone in our personal fights anyway. This is especially true when it comes to work and personal accomplishments. You can't make it to the finished line IF you are dragging a dead weight with you. Most people who attach themselves to you become that burden. You can march along with fellow soul mates, BUT the final battle is yours alone.

I take the opposite approach concerning the journey. Getting a no is one more step toward my goal. I'm always afraid I'm going to quit too soon. If I have to get 99 no to get that one yes, what if I stop at #97 or #98? And yes, I calculate my odds by keeping score. One of my biggest jobs is to up my odds of succeeding.

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
You are going to cry. you are going to drink heavier than you ever have. You are going to spend days completely away from people because it gets that heavy. Choosing to be something that goes against the flow is harder than anything you will ever do and you will contemplate quitting almost every day until it becomes something that doesn't suck. you will sacrifice whatever you have to, to make it work. but in the long run its worth it

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
You are going to cry. you are going to drink heavier than you ever have. You are going to spend days completely away from people because it gets that heavy. Choosing to be something that goes against the flow is harder than anything you will ever do and you will contemplate quitting almost every day until it becomes something that doesn't suck. you will sacrifice whatever you have to, to make it work. but in the long run its worth it
No one likes to do something they're not good at! That's part of the human struggle. And that's when most people quit. The better you get at that task, the better you'll like to do it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.