The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

90 videos in 90 days on YouTube? + Subscription platforms?

Marketing, social media, advertising

TSM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jun 7, 2020
Berlin
Hi, on this thread here My first blog bombed. Should I start a second one?, I read that to get traction on YouTube you need to post a video a day for 3 months.

I was very taken with this idea and it felt like a great structure to work with. I posted a few weeks back about making coaching fastlane ... whoops - thank you to everyone who said that this is not the correct question, or even a useful one.

My coaching business has evolved over the last few months, but now I need to get in front of more people. The approach I use - the Sedona Method - lends itself really well to be taught in short YouTube videos. My goal is to build a subscription site where the lowest level will be access to content and the highest level will be monthly coaching sessions.

My questions are: has anyone experience/advice around this 90 videos/90 days structure? If you were to build a subscription site for access to content, would you build it on WordPress or go for Patreon or similar?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yaotu

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 6, 2020
Timisoara, Romania
YouTube is probably not as simple as just posting a video each day for 3 months.
The quality of the content you post matters more than the quantity, in the sense that it's better to have 50 eye-catching videos instead of 500 that no-one would click on.

If you already have a growing, functioning business, I see no reason why making some short YouTube content that would grow together with your service wouldn't be a great idea (especially since you said it would be), unless it required a substantial time investment that you could alternatively pour into some other promotional effort.

I doubt someone could give you better advice than "just try to do it for a while and see how it goes" without knowing more about your business or seeing the content you plan to release on YouTube.

You could try applying the marketing strategies you already use to your YouTube channel, then use the channel as a funnel for your service. Make sure that you provide value in your content, though, because that's what makes people stick around.

TSM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jun 7, 2020
Berlin
YouTube is probably not as simple as just posting a video each day for 3 months.
The quality of the content you post matters more than the quantity, in the sense that it's better to have 50 eye-catching videos instead of 500 that no-one would click on.

If you already have a growing, functioning business, I see no reason why making some short YouTube content that would grow together with your service wouldn't be a great idea (especially since you said it would be), unless it required a substantial time investment that you could alternatively pour into some other promotional effort.

I doubt someone could give you better advice than "just try to do it for a while and see how it goes" without knowing more about your business or seeing the content you plan to release on YouTube.

You could try applying the marketing strategies you already use to your YouTube channel, then use the channel as a funnel for your service. Make sure that you provide value in your content, though, because that's what makes people stick around.
Thanks Yaotu - I cannot find the original post where I read this, but going back over a couple of threads, I read that YouTube gives you feedback quickly where there is any interest in the topic I am making videos about. That would be very useful. But of course, if no one watches them to the end, they won't rise up the rankings.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.