The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

9 'Slap-Your-Face' Lessons You Need to Learn from this Shark Tank Success Story

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
I have probably shared this article with everyone I know, it's reality-smacking-in-the-face. I feel forever indebted to TMF because on the ongoing wake up call to make the difference in the lives of others through exceptional products/services. Again, it proves, we hold opportunities in our own hands once we act!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheNextTrump

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 7, 2012
Omaha, NE.
Great write up, great success story, great wisdom shared, great everything!

Congratulations on your success @Likwid24! It's an honor to hear your story, and to see your results after going all in, when the odds were against you.

A prime example of what persistence, dedication, and belief in your self can do.

The best part about this story is the time frame and start up.

3 years, 10k, an idea, and a hungry entrepreneur. BOOM. I don't care what any one says, that's over night success at it's finest.

Little over 1000 days, and your featured on Shark Tank taking offers from multiple Sharks!

Thanks for reminding us guppies out here on the grind that were not insane for thinking it's going to work out in the long run.

Stories like these, are the reason I live the way I do.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
As someone currently slogging through the Desert of Desertion... it's always nice to be reminded of these things. One year is on the books... looking forward to what the next four will bring...

*head down, just shuffling one foot in front of the other*

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
yup def good reading there :)

#6 is def the hardest. The Desert of Desertion!

Beware of this one. It almost got me.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
#6 is def the hardest. The Desert of Desertion!

Beware of this one. It almost got me.

Man... I think pretty much every successful business has been through that desert.

And frankly - I think it's a good thing we have to go through it - no matter how hard it can seem when you're in the dumps. The desert is not only a test of your persistence, but also a force to strengthen you - to thicken your skin and making it easier to handle things better down the road.

The awesome thing about having a support group like this forum or a mastermind group, whatever it is... is that all of us here understand each other and can relate. Family and friends (as much as we love them), hardly can.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
Wow...great post by MJ and amazing story about Sal. :tiphat:

stephbauer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Sep 12, 2015
Thank you for the fantastic post, it was very like an extension of the book. My husband and I watch Shark Tank in the evenings when I am working on my website and we saw that episode. I picked one up from either Home Depot or Lowes I'm not sure which, it really is ingenious and it's very inspiring to hear this story. Thank you so much for sharing!

Travispassiveinc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Sep 2, 2015
Iowa
if you read The Millionaire Fastlane and your main takeaway was "start an internet company!" you have a comprehension issue.
This one post has more value than most best selling books!
batmanrobin-jpg.7164

Last edited by a moderator:

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

shubham525

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jul 16, 2015
India
Great write up @MJ DeMarco ! Thanks for writing this and using my story as the example. Glad I can be a help and inspiration to the forum! :D

I will continue to update my progress thread as soon as things quiet down a little. It's been VERY busy!
Paint Brush Cover by Likwid Concepts, Really admire your harwork Sal (Congrats). I would like to know the process of making prototype.

nicotini

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Oct 7, 2015
Treviso, Italy
As usual, a great lesson which helps to keep the head focused and at the same time makes a great inspiration. Thanks MJ and thanks Sal

Trevor Chaumont

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 6, 2015
Gulf Coast
I feel like a lot of this speaks to me personally. It helped me identify things I need to change in order to begin my journey into the fastlane. Great write-up :)

AceResponder

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Oct 15, 2015
9 "Slap-Your-Face" Lessons You Need to Learn from this Shark Tank Success Story...

When was the last time you committed years to something?

This is not a slap on my face MJ, this is a kick on my a$$ saying "Get up and go out."

Thanks for sharing this.

Nicko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Oct 14, 2015
Australia
Thanks for bumping this thread. This is awesome. I'm going to Bunnings this weekend to buy one of these (fantastic idea).

Congrats to the PBC team.

JaxAttacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
May 16, 2015
California
Amazing post. Stuff like this makes waiting until I can afford getting on the INSIDE nearly unbearable. Cannot freaking wait to be in there with all these awesome, action taking, fastlaners.
Good job on the persistence, man. So cool.
I think I'd pee myself if I went on Shark Tank, lol.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How did I miss this?

Easy, you were on the other side of the planet laying on a beach with a Margarita.... seems justified. ;)

MichBondesio

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 5, 2015
9 "Slap-Your-Face" Lessons You Need to Learn from this Shark Tank Success Story...
Wow, I thoroughly enjoyed this post. Thank you for the detailed case study of this slow but inspiring success story. So true, time is irrelevant when you are developing a product or service that will endure where others don't. If you want to go the distance, it takes as long as it takes. ;)

domefs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 4, 2016
Germany
Shit. This is very inspiring and I saw myself doing some of these mistakes in the past. TYVM for the value this thread provides :)

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
Hey MJ,

As a new member here, I'm very glad I stumbled on this post. I actually had it written down in my notes to investigate how to find inspiration for an idea and #2 perfectly answers that for me.

It's incredible to see the lessons in TMF applied and the tangible results of how well it can go (with perseverance and determination, of course). Very inspiring stuff and thanks for sharing and the write up.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
#2 perfectly answers that for me.

#4 is equally important.

You could probably come up with a cure for cancer and some people would still TWEET what an idiot you are, or how dumb your idea is.

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
#4 is equally important.

You could probably come up with a cure for cancer and some people would still TWEET what an idiot you are, or how dumb your idea is.

Very true, I'm sure when someone pitched the idea of AirBNB originally, it got a lot of negative feedback that no one would let strangers into their house or go into a stranger's house to stay.

It seems like the best way to get past this is to do your homework, be open to constructive criticism, but not to let the feedback slow you down from achieving your goals.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.