The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! $3,000 to $1,000,000 in 15 months: HOW TO DO IT

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Yes, I know the person. We met at one of the B&P meetups some time ago. Pretty clever what he did. Not extremely complicated either.

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jul 3, 2012
Brain + internet

OP
OP
Russ H

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Ok I am going to take the contrary view, yea yea I know BIG surprise LOL

Or maybe just say it is a Call Out Post.

This thread is 5 years old.

Who that posted in this thread have done what they said they would do if they had 3K to turn it into 1 mil?

NOT saying you are a failure if you don't now have 1 mil.

Asking how many posted in this thread and actually got something started and followed through with it?
Hey Patrick,

I started this thread. Not to make millionaires-- to help people start to THINK like millionaires.

I was a millionaire when I started the thread, so I guess I don't count.

I do have 4-5x as much money now as I did then, tho.

Given that we've been going through the biggest worldwide recession in the past 80 years, it's good enough for me.

I don't know who you are (I don't spend that much time on these boards right now). But I'm curious: Why call out others?

Millionaires do not sit around measuring the success of others. We have more productive things to do.

-Russ H.

MPCTrainer

Contributor
May 20, 2013
The quickest and easiest way I could suggest (though I'm using the model of product creator myself) with 3,000 dollars is Affiliate Marketing. I'll write this in a you format because I think better when I explain what other people should do. 3,000 dollars means that you can open up a series of websites very easily, and as you learn how to launch blogs, web pages, optin pages, and more, you'll get very good at web design and can even begin to offer your skills to local businesses. Not to mention you'll get good at SEO.

One sign up with Clickbank as an affiliate. Search their products for things that you're interested in promoting that you can find an audience for.

First, create a Niche page. This would be an authority site. Go and buy 20 or 30 dollars worth of PLR material--heck even 50 dollars worth of PLR material--in that niche. Your welcome page, the home page, is just a story of how you came to understand the niche. The blog posts--at least 10--so four thousand words--go around the subject. The optin page is on the side and you can pay and get Pop-up Domination for 79 dollars or you can use the free Wordpress pop up to offer your product. This Niche page should be based around a long tailed Keyword.

Up front costs: Autoresponder service 19 dollars a month
Hosting: 120 dollars for the year
Webdomains: 11 dollars for each one (10 within the first two months--110)
Optimize Press or Sales Press Pro--100 to 127
PLR Material To Get Optins and Entice People To Take Action- 200 dollars
The first month, you're looking at 550 dollars or so.

Then, you create pages with each of the products name on it that you want. You then have those pages linked to your Niche page--the links will appear on the sidebar. You'll have product reviews on your Niche page as well, but, you're just building a link structure to create authority and generate organic traffic.

Your blog pages that will sell the affiliate program should have your optin on the side as well--you should also have another PLR product (or a group of PLR products (another 20 to 50 dollars worth) offered on each of the blog pages. Titles you want to go for Theproductsnamereview.com Theproductsnamescam.com Theproductsnamesecrets.com

Two weeks time on learning how to set up the websites, it's really easy when you just type into youtube how to do anything you don't understand how to do.

Now, you want to maximize your results as quick as possible, I suggest buying Sales Press Pro or Optimize Press (i'm a bigger fan of optimize press). They're templates that let you make dynamic sales pages quickly and easily. 100 dollars or 127 dollars, both are quite affordable. You take my advice you've now spent 600 dollars of your three thousand in the first 2 weeks.

you have 2,450 dollars left and you haven't yet begun to see traffic coming in.

Create an Optin site (this is where you're going to send all organic traffic through articles, forums, blog posts).

Create a Facebook Fan Page For The Niche--post inspiring pictures (just search the internet for them), and run an ad to promote the page. Put a 10 dollar a day limit. Work on your ads every three days to see which one's converting and then copy them.

Here's the basic crash course on Facebook ads to get likes on page--one The picture needs to be catchy and interesting (but don't get it censored) the text needs to offer a benefit for liking the page.. GREAT QUOTES TO INSPIRE YOU TO... or something. Your two weeks in.

On that fan page in the info box, you'll have an offer and your website link. Three times a week, you'll put a post out that says sign up, and get put into a pool to win--and come up with some other PLR product you haven't released.

Okay, when people optin--you want them redirected to the Affiliate Product, with your affiliate link. The email your autoresponder will send will contain the link to the products.

If you manage your page well, and put up five pictures a day, 2 in the morning before school, 2 in the afternoon after school, and 1 before you go to sleep, you should be seeing a large amount of likes building up in your site. Also within 2 weeks, you should begin to see optins coming in.

This is more preferable for what you're main aim is--you can also advertise occasionally 10% of the time--affiliate products through your Facebook Fan page, which means, all these people are also opting in in one way to your eyes.

At 70 Dollars a week, you should run this for a full month and see where you're at. You want to keep changing up the pictures and ads and you want to make sure your images are having viral effect.

Go for one month 210 dollars. That brings you down to 2140 dollars. New month, new charge on your account, 19 dollars, you're doing to 2120 dollars.

You need an engaging structure of emails. Your emails need to tell people about the subject matter, inform them on pieces and nuggets of information, and then, they have to tell them about a great product you've checked out.

Also, don't forget to put adsense on your websites--Google tells you exactly how to do it. From your niche blog, to your review blogs, you want to have adsense on all your sites.

Now find another product in the same niche, do the same amount of websites, put them up on your main niche page, and with the same offers, and with adsense.

Do this with three products in a niche. which means you'll have 10 sites as previously said. Three blogs that are connected to your Main Niche site.

By month two, you should have an Active fan page that has a lot of viral pictures and that's constantly organically growing. You should have 10 websites up and running with a review and an offer and an affiliates link. Three you should have a list building. Four you should have 2,140 dollars left.

Next, I recommend buying Camtasia for screen capture video and hopefully ou have some form of Power Point or the ability to create a slide show. If not, and you're starting from scratch, this could get a little costy, but, it will be well worth it in the end. At most you'll spend 500 dollars on these two things. If you have a mac computer you'll spend 300 dollars on these two things. We'll take 500 dollars.
that brings you down to a grand total of 1621 dollars.

Teach your subject, lower your voice, talk into a microphone, and create a slideshow presentation and record it to make videos for Youtube and Vimeo. Again in the subject you're going to put your site and your optin information. Use again long tail keywords so that they can easily be ranked.

Two videos a week will do great. Basics, Create a title open, get some free music, and then, start off with 90% teaching, ten percent telling them that they should sign in and get a bunch of free stuff, and more information.

Register a fiverr account, send backlink pyramids and backlink wheels to your youtube page, 15 dollars worth should do it, for the long tail keyword, and a main keyword. That's thirty dollars a week. so, now you're spending 100 dollars a weeks. But, you should be seeing massive amounts of optins and getting conversions at a large rate--especially if you picked a dynamic niche.

Post your youtube videos on the Facebook fan page, and after the second month, you should be able to quit all advertising. So that's 400 dollars more. 1221 dollars.

Now, let the viral effects do the work for you. Keep up putting pictures, keep posting your videos--remember, they don't have to always be new pictures, after 3 weeks of five pictures a day, you can start recycling the pictures so that people who are new can see them for the first time.

All in all, it takes about 2 hours to set up a blog with three 500 word posts. It takes 5 minutes a picture to save picture as and load it up to your facebook fanpage, it takes 20 minutes of going through your ads every three days to see what's high performing and what's failing and maybe an additional 20 minutes to set up everything. It takes 5 Hours to set up a major Niche site that looks good. Headers and the such can be bought at fiverr for five dollars. so that's an additional 50 dollars for the headers. 1171 dollars. Not counting the money you should see begin to pour in from your affiliate links.

You begin to publish articles. Release press releases (there are 100 free Press release sites, and you send people to one of your blog pages in the press release sites). you talk about the magnificent product someone released, how it will accomplish something, and then you point to the blog that reviews it.

This will pull in a lot of major backlinks for you and it's all free. 400 words a press release. Do 10 a week. That's two a day. On average, an hour's work tops.

Your current expense is the 30 dollars a month you spend on backlinks to your two new youtube videos each month around keywords.

Each month 120 dollars gone. The third month brings you down to 1000 dollars.

By this time, with all of this being done, by the fifth month, with 760 dollars left, you should have 100 press releases out. If you go and buy a 17 dollar article spinner, and spin the articles, you can have 5 times that amount with only an additional hour of work on the articles each day. All for free. You have 28 videos out with a series of backlinks and well tuned. The videos should be entitled How to.... 3 Easy Ways to... How Does... How Can... How you... Niche Effectively... so forth and so on, short tailed and long tailed keywords. Which means in a mere 5 months period, with 2,240 dollars spent, no one should be able to search the niche you're advertising without finding a link to one of your affiliate offers.

The money should be rolling in at that point.

You can then let your current system just function--or, if you want it to really make you money, outsource the work for 50 dollars a week (at that point you should be making 200 dollars a day or more), and let them continue to keep your facebook page going, buying the backlinks to keep your video relevant.

Next: Find another niche, do this process all over again.

In 15 months, you should have a lists in the tens of thousands and sales that prove it.

Create a massive affiliate marketing program on the system you used and sell that system. And there, you have a million dollars.

ALSL

Contributor
May 26, 2012
Just out of curiousity, MPCTrainer, is this a regimen that you have followed? Are you making in excess of $200/day with this method? Or is this all just theoretical?

MPCTrainer

Contributor
May 20, 2013
This model isn't just mine. I developed it with my friend who was unemployed at the time, had a bit of money saved up, and wanted some help in going through all the material in market he had collected (he pirated a lot of stuff). So, we got to work, we're both very talented at synthesizing vast amount of material. We developed this system. The first product he began to market was a weight loss product off of Clickbank that wasn't getting much traction--Steve G. Jones hypnosis program. We built a simple website. We built the simple blogs. We attached adsense to all three blogs. We didn't do the video marketing until only last month and we started a year ago. When he did the video marketing it was for an off Clickbank sales course. Altogether, he's marketing 20 some odd products, he's got sixty websites, and he just got into a severe accident that's involved me to manage the outsourcing of everything. He makes about 20 to 40k a month right now. The press releases he didn't start in his first products--did a lot of article marketing instead. Moved to press releases after Panda because they took less time and spread out over the internet far quicker.

This is the final system that we've decided on and when he gets better, we're planning on putting it together and marketing it.

The 200 a month is an estimate. At the end of five months, he'd launched marketing for 7 products, was using payperclick to get people into his optin page, and he was making anywhere between 800 to 1000 a day.

I at the time was working on a completely different business endeavor and didn't hop onto the internet marketing bandwagon so my experience is limited to my personal knowledge and what I saw.

In June I'm beginning the launch of my expert empire, I'll be creating a thread on this board on my journey, the strategies and techniques I'm using, and the hardships and difficulties I'm facing. We'll see how well the system is holding up and working soon.

jpa0827

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 13, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
My biggest issue isn't the time or commitment or knowledge. I am hitting wall after wall as far as finding a niche to break into or a product that will sell. Are there any threads or subjects or anything on this issue?

I have the SEO knowledge. I have the e-commerce knowledge. I am always learning and thirsting for more knowledge. I just need a solid product and/or niche and to go for it.

I just found this thread and saw your post and it made me smile. Knowing where you are now it's kind of cool to see how far things have come in a short period of time. Gives me hope, that's for sure! I'm currently in the phase you were back then. Only thing I know so far is that i want to go the B&M phone sales style for executing.

Anyway, just thought this was cool to see and wanted to bump the thread.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
getUnscripted.com
SEO...hahaha
So... in what order of priority is "SEO" on your plate?

How integral has it been to your businesses growth?

What has "SEO" done for your business?

Let me guess...

Nothing.

In fact, I wonder if @Likwid24 is thinking about SEO right now?

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
I think this is very possible...

I think it can be done with a unique product; something that is very simple and quick to manufacture and is unique to it's niche market.

To make it happen, the processes and production would have to be tested and verified prior to mass marketing. Your manufacturing/production would HAVE to be ready, in order to produce the item when it "hits"

But marketing is the key in order to sell enough in 15 months to clear 1,000,000. Once you have a few using the initial investment of $3000, preordering is a must, but if it is UNIQUE it could work.

I'm thinking of an item that could be produced for $2, marketing cost of $1.00 each and WHOLESALED for $10.00. Dealers could retail for $19.95

This would have to be done quickly before larger companies could compete.

If your net was $7.00 per, you would only have to sell approx. 143,000

If your market accepted it coming out of the gate, I think it could be done.

I don't mean to be so vague, but I do have the product in mind. Lets just say it is in the hardware and tool market.

Maybe I can put this all together and present it at C&B in Houston....

Maybe I can have a prototype...

The question I always have to ask myself is...

WHAT WILL IT TAKE????

Worldisyours

Bronze Contributor
Oct 20, 2013
OK, Here's a fun exercise inspired by one of our fastlane members:

1. You have $3,000

2. You want to have $1,000,000 in 15 months

Limits:

-You cannot borrow money from any banks or other lending institutions
-You are 17, so you're not eligible for most other loans, RE, etc.
-You have to go to school from 8 am to 3 pm M-F
-You have no particular skills that would be considered mega-valuable

That's it.

Outline a PLAN for the next 15 months.

Your goal: Fifteen months from now, you have $1,000,000 in your bank account (and it's all yours, not OPM)

Ready? Go!

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

-Russ H.
What you are asking to DO it very very improbable. You have to have something great, be able to manage it, work your a$$ off, and sacrifice other thing in your life. And do that at 17. Very tough challenge. The first million is the hardest.

I am not being negative, just being a realist. Go for it but don't disappoint yourself.

Better off to do 250k in 15 months at 17. And build from there.

Good luck

DennisDuty

Mini Media Mogul
Speedway Pass
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
What you are asking to DO it very very improbable. You have to have something great, be able to manage it, work your a$$ off, and sacrifice other thing in your life. And do that at 17. Very tough challenge. The first million is the hardest.
I am not being negative, just being a realist. Go for it but don't disappoint yourself.
Better off to do 250k in 15 months at 17. And build from there.
Good luck
Maybe you missed that this was a thought exercise with 15 pages of people participating.
Have fun with it.

This would have to be done quickly before larger companies could compete.

If your net was $7.00 per, you would only have to sell approx. 143,000

If your market accepted it coming out of the gate, I think it could be done.
The guy who brought Razor scooters to market in US didn't have to do much marketing.
He saw they selling like crazy in Japan, so he made a deal to source them to the US, and they sold themselves.
It was a damn good unique fun usable demonstrable visual product with a social element.

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
www.andyblack.net
Nice bump. Never even seen this thread before.

I'm only on the first page and this excellent post jumps out:

How I'd do it...

1. Tape success principles to my wall and never deviate when the times get rough.

2. Research. I would look at businesses for sale on bizquest.com, bizbuysell.com, sites for sale on sitepoint.com etc. for the sole purpose of sparking ideas and seeing actual revenue. Most websites don't make money. Don't buy into the garbage for sale.

I would also look at the entrepreneur top 500 co's, Inc. most growth co's to spark ideas and see what co's and trends are making money. All the while I'd open up my antenna's for opp's and problems people would pay to have solved.

3. I would compare all these ideas to my strength's and see what's out of my reach - i.e. too much tech, to hone in on a few serious opps.

4. More research into the market. After finding a good idea that fits my mold as best possible I'd go to the library and research the market for this business idea. Study the problems, what they complain about, trade journals, etc.

(I'm fortunate to live in a big Metro and our county library was ranked #1 in the country and linked up to all colleges in the state. Their research databases are top-notch.)

5. After finding that there is a market who is reachable, willing to pay for this service, and having an angle that will give you leverage (niche, better service, faster delivery, etc.) then give it a go.

6. Product or service? I'd do service. Products can take too long to develop and cannot be adjusted as easily or at all as you go. Forget creativity in the product or service sense. Be creative with the delivery. I would be willing to license product rights but that might cost $$ and all the money should be funneled into marketing.

Also, be sure you can get repeat customers. Unless very high ticket, it's easier to get to the $1 mil mark when people are consuming every month. Creating new customers can cost alot ot time and money - better to resell current clients.

7. Study your competitors marketing methods. Use google adwords and design a website but don't spend months or thousands of dollars in this design. Hire a friend who can do this. Don't do this yourself unless you can complete FAST and cheap! Most websites are not the business themselves, but a marketing arm of the biz. Adwords and PPC speeds up the process of startup incredibly - that's why I'd do this first.

Keep your testing small and build on that. Could you run an ad in WSJ? Yes, but that costs serious money and may not be targeted. Forget mass marketing - that's for those with deeper pockets. Stick with small targetable, mediums and create calls for action via direct response. Use your profits to reinvest in more marketing.

8. After getting starting via small potato ad's on the web I'd start calling potential customers from a highly pre-qualified list, and to setup JV's. What I mean by JV's is setting up offers other businesses will send to their customers with their endorsement. Getting this may be tough but is much faster and profitable than any ad. Give the businesses a reason to do it like money in the form of % of sales revenue . Remember you only have 1 year and you must leverage the relationships of others.

Use press releases for PR and offer something of value to listeners - like a free trial for a week / one time use, etc.

I don't expect a newbie in marketing to jump in and tear it up unless they, at a minimum, learn a little bit. I'd be studying marketing, sales, and PR from a few very specific sources while in the research phase assuming I have no experience. I'd ask pros what they read. Most is just rehashed so go right to the top producers.

KEY POINTS:

-Don't be a pioneer trying to create a market. Create a better system of delivery or find an overlooked area to serve. Creating market's is possible but can be time consuming and expensive - we don't have this in 15 months.
-Don't be creative with the product or service but the delivery. Again too much time and untested.
-Direct response ad's on a very small basis. No branding.
-Leverage is key. You need to leverage your experience with the resources of others. -Much faster and more potential for than doing it alone.
-Focus on marketing and promotion and have other people or systems do the work for you.
-Research shouldn't take more than 1 month.

I think I just created my how-to for the next 15 months :banana:

Michael
In particular:

Don't be creative with the product or service, but the delivery.

Product-founder fit (does it suit your skills and experience?).

Forget branding ads and do direct response.

Use paid search (or other media buying) to get initial traction.

Study competitor funnels.

(Which assumes you're not creating a completely new product or service.)

Service based more likely than product based. (This makes a lot of sense for speed to market.)

Recurring monthly payments from customers/clients. (Grow this mutha like a snow-ball.)

I like.

Last edited:

cutthroughstatic

I Buy Cars
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 13, 2015
SoCal --> Richmond, VA
hmm...

$3,000 is quite a good starting investment into lottery tickets. Spend a couple hundred on psychics and then the rest playing the magic numbers. It's a can't lose proposition, really!

All kidding aside, this has been a really cool thread to read. It sparks so much imagination and creativity of what is possible. I'll let my imagination rest, however, as my goal at the moment is simply to create small recurring revenue.

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
www.andyblack.net
Aha. My next question was going to be how much our business would need to make each month for someone to be willing to buy it for $1m?

Aaand, it's already been answered in the thread:

Of course it's possible. It's actually pretty easy to go from $3000 to $1,000,000 in 15 months. You don't actually have to earn a million. All you have to do is start a business that make a $25,000/month profit and then sell it after 15 months, and you should have a million.

Of course you need to start making $25K/month very quickly, but it shoudn't take more than a couple of months to get to that point.

Last edited:

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Speedway Pass
Oct 27, 2014
Hyperspace
hmm...

$3,000 is quite a good starting investment into lottery tickets. Spend a couple hundred on psychics and then the rest playing the magic numbers. It's a can't lose proposition, really!

All kidding aside, this has been a really cool thread to read. It sparks so much imagination and creativity of what is possible. I'll let my imagination rest, however, as my goal at the moment is simply to create small recurring revenue.
Just throwing out an idea:

Production cost per ticket: $0.01
Take $2000, print 200,000 tickets.

Spend the other $1000 on advertising

Sell tickets to kiosks for $2 each, they resell them for $5

Potential profit in first month: $400,000; minus the 10-20% you let your customers win
(the winners will be happy and spread the word)

Rinse & repeat, scale.
The longer you are in, the more you can afford to let people win.

This is of course oversimplyfied it'll not be that easy to do in reality, but difficult entry is a good thing;)

Edit: Okay, forgot about that:

Limits:

-You cannot borrow money from any banks or other lending institutions
-You are 17, so you're not eligible for most other loans, RE, etc.
-You have to go to school from 8 am to 3 pm M-F
-You have no particular skills that would be considered mega-valuable
I can imagine the government wouldn't ever let a teen enter the lottery game...

Last edited:

Damage Inc.

There's no return from 86
Speedway Pass
Dec 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
Just throwing out an idea:

Production cost per ticket: $0.01
Take $2000, print 200,000 tickets.

Spend the other $1000 on advertising

Sell tickets to kiosks for $2 each, they resell them for $5

Potential profit in first month: $400,000; minus the 10-20% you let your customers win
(the winners will be happy and spread the word)

Rinse & repeat, scale.
The longer you are in, the more you let people win.

This is of course oversimplyfied it'll not be that easy to do in reality, but difficult entry is a good thing;)
Fun idea to think about, but private for profit lotteries/raffles are illegal - at least in the USA.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Speedway Pass
Oct 27, 2014
Hyperspace
private for profit lotteries/raffles are illegal - at least in the USA
Yeah, same here...but I can imagine that the responsible institution lets you enter if you came
up with an innovative idea that has potential to generate huge profits.

On the other hand, the limits don't say that it has to be legal:D

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
www.andyblack.net
Phew. I'm not going to lie - this thread was hard to get through in places. I had to resort to skimming.

Also... paragraphs and white-space are our FRIENDS. :)

Maybe it's the nature of this thread where people are encouraged to blue-sky and think outside the box, but has the forum changed over the last few years? I think people would get shot down a lot more now-a-days. I dunno if that's a good or a bad thing.

Anyhow...

Make $1m by building a business that generates $25k profit per month and then selling it.

Obviously it has to be built such that the new owners are confident they can continue to generate $25k/mth.

Now, how to make $25k/mth ?

Maybe 1,000 businesses paying $25/mth ?

Maybe 100 businesses paying $250/mth ?

Maybe 10 businesses paying $2,500/mth ?

Or more likely, a bit of Perry Marshall's 80/20 rule of thumb that one fifth of your customers will pay 4 times as much.

So if you had 100 businesses paying you $250/mth, then 20 (20% of 100) will likely be willing to pay $1k/mth, and 4 (20% of 20) will likely pay $4k/mth.

So maybe it would look like:
• 80 businesses paying $250/mth ($20k)
• 16 businesses paying $1k/mth ($16k)
• 4 businesses paying $4k/mth ($16k)
Total monthly revenue of $52k ?

We've overshot, but maybe we pick the 100 * $250/mth scenario and any upsells are gravy, or we hit $25k/mth earlier than 100 signups.

Hmmm... interesting. I've already decided they are businesses and not consumers.

What springs to mind immediately is 100 cities for XYZ vertical.

Provide a service for a business in a city for $250/mth that needs minimal maintenance once built.

After you've dialled in one business in a vertical, scale by finding similar businesses in different locations.

Obviously we're looking at businesses that cover specific geographies.

EDIT: Why sell when you get to 100 * $250/mth for XYZ vertical?

Go to 500 in XYZ vertical as well as diversify to other verticals.

Add higher levels for businesses that want more of what you're selling.

Add lower levels for businesses that want less.

Start with 1 * $250/mth doing something that *could* scale.

Don't worry about scaling with your first client.

Just concentrate on landing them and use them to learn the vertical.

THEN find a way to scale.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
You know. I never say this but... my new business is being launched with $2000 and I think it has some real potential to do this. Actually seeing this thread title after it getting bumped made me think. Could it actually do $1M in 15 months? All it takes is a small idea and you never know. I guess we will see where its at on Feb 2017.

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
www.andyblack.net

Dami-B

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 25, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria
This is a very interesting question. I had to think this through the night.
First of all i'll have to put this into perspective
Convert seed money $3000 - Naira
$3000 - N595, 000
I'll have to tackle this from two industries
1. Agriculture
2. Manufacturing|Exportation|E-commerce

I'll Probably choose and begin by November, somewhere about November 20

1. Agriculture |November 01 -December 20
Book Early for 600 turkeys from Farms for xmas
Male Turkeys - Qty 300 - Farm Price N9000 |Sales Price N18000
Female Turkeys - Qty 300 - Farm Price N6500 | Sales Price N14000
Spend N100, 000 on Marketing
Use N400, 0000 for upfront cost for procurement
N95, 000 for other expenses
Gross - N4, 950, 000
Net - N4, 000, 000

Convert Seed Money of N4, 000, 000 to dollars
N4, 000, 000 -$20000

2. Manufacturing|December 20 - February 20
Manufacture product in China
Product requirements
1. Target moms
2. Must have huge cute factor
3. dads must feel responsible to buy for kids (think nice school bags or something like that)
4. Aunties feel guilty when they don't buy for nephews and nieces
5. Must be able to Mark up x10

Production Cost - $1.5 - $2
Sales Price -$20
Net - $15

Mass Production
Mass Marketing
Diversify sales Channels
Have a Global Market
Rinse and Repeat

GOAL
Be Selling 67000 units by February 20

EDIT:
I should have started sourcing and having talks with suppliers in China for manufacturing since November 01, while simultaneously doing the agric thing.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom