The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! $3,000 to $1,000,000 in 15 months: HOW TO DO IT

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Balkins

Contributor
Jun 18, 2016
Do a really massive project or a couple of massive projects and only hire contractors.

Have the payment terms set up where you get maybe 25% at the beginning, 50% when you’re a quarter of the way through, 25% halfway through, then the final 25% on project completion. Something like that. A big chunk of that should be profit anyway.

This would work in any kind of construction related industry, or where you’re supplying a product in bulk and need to move a lot of it. Let’s say you need barges delivering product - that’s going to cost a lot. But you structure the payments this way and make it happen! You can even include renting the barges in your costs. If you can buy it, rent it, etc, you can use it in your business and include it in a quote / bid / proposal!

You don’t necessarily need to have all the money in the bank before you embark on such an endeavor.

Truth is, the hardest and most complicated businesses make the most money - like the ones I’m describing.

This isn’t a gift shop or retail store! We are thinking bigger.

Nice...like Land-development or Game Programming or Phone Apps ?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

thechosen1

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
Nice...like Land-development or Game Programming or Phone Apps ?
Those would work. Any project really, but it would have to be something big.

That’s why my first thought is something construction-related... those usually have the biggest numbers.

You can get big numbers by selling high numbers of units but for me, that means taking more than 15 months to build the customer list and all that.

With big projects, you can make it on 1 or 2 deals.

Scale vs. magnitude. Some people are better at scale but I find magnitude simpler. I’m working on learning scale though - lower priced products in higher volume.

Antifragile

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 15, 2018
Vancouver, BC, Canada

That’s why my first thought is something construction-related... those usually have the biggest numbers.

You can get big numbers by selling high numbers of units but for me, that means taking more than 15 months to build the customer list and all that.

Scale vs. magnitude. Some people are better at scale but I find magnitude simpler. I’m working on learning scale though - lower priced products in higher volume.
17 year old student with part time effort into a construction gig generating a $1m in 15 months? I don’t see it.

thechosen1

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
17 year old student with part time effort into a construction gig generating a $1m in 15 months? I don’t see it.
That’s fine.

Ive seen immigrants who don’t even speak English do it.

He and his crew installed very niche parts in the oil and gas and chemical industries.

Their cost would be almost nothing since their customer paid for all the materials. They just provided labor and knowledge.

Antifragile

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 15, 2018
Vancouver, BC, Canada
That’s fine.

Ive seen immigrants who don’t even speak English do it.

He and his crew installed trays on distillation columns and reactors.
Do you mind sharing where and under what circumstances? It sounds like an inspirational story!

thechosen1

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
Do you mind sharing where and under what circumstances? It sounds like an inspirational story!
I can’t say too much because it would give away my main biz, that is becoming oversaturated already!

But I edited my comment before to give you a rough idea.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Anyone here finish the second season of Undercover billionaire? I haven't followed it after the 3rd episode and liked Moniques idea, seemed very possible to hit $1m

Balkins

Contributor
Jun 18, 2016

You'd have to find something that has leverage potential, Option leverage, Contract to sell something that has high leverage. What about GOV.CONTRACTING?

thechosen1

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
You'd have to find something that has leverage potential, Option leverage, Contract to sell something that has high leverage. What about GOV.CONTRACTING?
Yes, government contracting would work, they spend tons of money on huge projects. The key is having the skills and manpower to do the projects.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
I attended the live session, really loved it! It gives some useful and practical tips on how to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Three things: 1. Discord Chat is open. Click here for free access. 2. New YouTube Channel...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Its for students who have joined. Did you sign up? Hey Rob, been watching your infoproduct and...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom