The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! $3,000 to $1,000,000 in 15 months: HOW TO DO IT

Sanj Modha

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 16, 2016
I know someone who managed $1,000,000 in about 18 months by selling t-shirts off TeeSpring. I don't know how much they started with but it's pure dropshipping so the only capital was ad spend.

The process is:

1) create multiple design ideas and keep listing. TS is a numbers game. Launching up to 100 fresh designs/week isn't uncommon.
2) send traffic to each shirt. Kill the losers. Scale the winners.
3) rinse/repeat.

That's about it.

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I know someone who managed $1,000,000 in about 18 months by selling t-shirts off TeeSpring. I don't know how much they started with but it's pure dropshipping so the only capital was ad spend.

The process is:

1) create multiple design ideas and keep listing. TS is a numbers game. Launching up to 100 fresh designs/week isn't uncommon.
2) send traffic to each shirt. Kill the losers. Scale the winners.
3) rinse/repeat.

That's about it.
"That's about it."

There you have it. A 3 step process to $1M.

Raoul Duke

I'm not going to live by their rules anymore.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 26, 2016
First of, your argument is invalid. Only because no one has ever done it before, doesn't mean that I won't do it.
Am I no one? Hell yes!

So, Allen, you 45-year-old think that I am another ignorant wannabe get-rich-quick teenager who's dreaming and hoping on his vibrancy, enthusiasm and luck? Do you think that I am a naive, unsophisticated, gullible, dewy-eyed boy, who should give up his ambition and rely on the system and it's securities (which will get us all killed!)? Do you REALLY think, I am like everyone else?
It is still possible, so yeah, lets go hard, intelligent and disciplined.

Challenge accepted ☆

Until October 21th, 2017 ☆

30 $ is what I got - 1 000 000 $ what I need ☆

17 years old ☆

There will be in 15 months a thread, just for you Allen ♡

Let's see, what I am capable of...

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

I shall name you übermensch 2.0

AlexanderCordero

Contributor
Oct 10, 2016
Ok – so my plan will take longer than 15 months but will make me a multi billionaire.

My Ultimate goal is own a car manufacturing company. – I have designed a car that runs off its self. I have worked thru the math several times over and created a computer model. I need to create a prototype, get a patent, and set-up a manufacturing plant. I will be able to match the current market value of new vehicles and still profit around 5k a car. However, due to economies of scale it requires an extreme amount of capital to get into the car manufacturing business. I would need roughly 2 mill just to get things going for me. So, I have decided to put that on hold for a few years.

In the mean time, I have come up with a web design that I know will bring in the revenue I need for my car design. This will take me a couple of years to build as I have to learn everything required to develop it. I am going to create a web site to learn on in a couple of months. I am currently reading web design for dummies and building social web applications. Once I finish these books I am going to get a book that covers html and css. After that I will continue studying different program languages.

So in short it will take me about two years to develop and go live with my website. Probably another 2 years to build it up to were I can sell for at least 5 mill. After that, another 2-4 years to build my car company. Ten year time frame = BILLIONAIRE.
Why not just patent your design etc and license the deal to a manufacturer?

Warmest regards,

Alexander

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 6, 2014
Did the gem master from bogota make casg?? Is he on his yaught ????

SethTavis

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 2, 2016
Little Rock, Arkansas
A video for the people who want success RIGHT NOW

This. Is. It.

Instead of $1 million in 15 months...

How about $10 million after 15 YEARS, still have the same enthusiasm?

en·thu·si·asm
[inˈTH(y)o͞ozēˌazəm, enˈTH(y)o͞ozēˌazəm]
NOUN
  1. intense and eager enjoyment, interest, or approval:
    "her energy and enthusiasm for life" ·
    eagerness · keenness · ardor · fervor · passion · zeal ·
    [more]

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
getUnscripted.com
Most people overestimate what they can do in ONE year and underestimate what they can do in FIVE years.
This is because of exponentiality ... the struggle is year 1 and 2 where nothing can happen, it's easy to give up, and start over redoing 1 and 2.

The explosion happens later after the grind.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows from Dreams
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
Oklahoma
lexdeville.com
This is because of exponentiality ... the struggle is year 1 and 2 where nothing can happen, it's easy to give up, and start over redoing 1 and 2.

Yup. Once you figure out all the crap that doesn't work, you're kind of left with what does.

Just be sure to note what doesn't work along the way or risk repeating it.

Exponential growth happens when positive effects compound on one another.

If mistakes keep getting repeated, then it creates a compounding effect in the opposite direction!

Finance_Machine

Contributor
Jun 13, 2015
Texas

I have had a similar experience. I've recently brought in a partner that hasn't started a business before and he will often call us a start-up. We are at a stage when the phones are ringing, hundreds of emails per day, and our growth and growth prospects are incredible. Moreover, there is never a time where we are sitting around wondering about if we are on the right track. Wondering if we have the right strategy or worried there won't be any interest and nothing but a big pile of spend.

The true start-up phase is when the phones aren't ringing, the emails aren't there, and you are wondering if this is really something you should be doing with your life.

I can say that something magic happens around year 3. I can only speak for myself, but in my last business it just seems that in years 1 and 2 there was a lot of support from people that wanted to help (or work with) a small business. In year 3 it is almost like people re-arranged their brain and just treated us like any other business in the space. So, we were able to capture true "market" pricing, even though we didn't have the same overhead or scale as the "market." And that is when we started making very real money.

People will only justify paying so much to an individual. When we were thought of as a couple of dudes, we might hear "you guys shouldn't be able to make that much!" But, add a little branding and the perception that we had a "real business", and then all of a sudden they would pay many multiples of what seemed absurd just a year earlier. BUT, there was no real underlying change to the business. Just a change in perception.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
getUnscripted.com
This thread is so damn old, I mentioned MySpace as viable social network on the first page. :rofl:

Over 10 years old, has 19+ pages, and since it continues to get "bumped", so I have to guess there has to be something in here.

So I'll mark it NOTABLE.

HackVenture

Digital Marketer, Crypto Guy
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
Omfg....

I am 17, being for 2 years interested in "another way" and I've told myself that there MUST be a way to make 1 000 000 $ in 15 months. I am literally 24/7 reading, working and making screenshots around the forum (+300 now lol). I am in my first month and then something like THIS comes up. I am in my first month now and have a plan.

I don't believe in destiny but damn...amazing coincidence...

God bless you guys, keep the work up! [emoji108]

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9060I mit Tapatalk
How did this go? I must admit I get skeptical when someone claims to "literally 24/7 reading, working and making screenshots" and I promise I'm not taunting you but with the chutzpah you had a year ago, it would be great to to see if some incredible progress has been made?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
How did this go? I must admit I get skeptical when someone claims to "literally 24/7 reading, working and making screenshots" and I promise I'm not taunting you but with the chutzpah you had a year ago, it would be great to to see if some incredible progress has been made?
lacrim was last seen:

Sep 13, 2016

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
This thread is so damn old, I mentioned MySpace as viable social network on the first page. :rofl:

Over 10 years old, has 19+ pages, and since it continues to get "bumped", so I have to guess there has to be something in here.

So I'll mark it NOTABLE.
This thread was great, Twitter was’t even big enough to get a mention when it started. Congrats on leaving legacies MJ.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Hey, I'm late to the party - sorry. I just read it for the first time. Please leave it up.

It actually gave me a few ideas on how to actually accomplish that. I would share them here, but they're so good they might work, so sorry again...

LinorCG

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
This deserves another bump...

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 29, 2012
Temple Texas
www.RichardLloydUSA.com

Same graph you see in rocket energy use. The largest amount of energy is used on take off. Once it's in orbit it uses very little energy to keep it there.

QuantumLeap

New Contributor
Dec 25, 2018
I see several methods to acheive this.

Method 1# the instagram hussel

But I'll go like this.
month 1-3: post themed memes on instagram (and then hopefully acquire a huge following of people with special interests that I could capitalize on through a dropshipping webshop )
month 4-6: build a shopify dropshipping ecommerce store and then depending on the crowd I targeted with the memes. I would find a supplier that could sell the products that the crowd I targeted with memes would require.
Meanwhile I would continue uploading one meme a week on instagram + be posting transactional messages there as well.
month 7-15: Open a youtube channel + write a rap song about the product I'm selling + make videos about the product + I would probably also set up a newsletter with subscription bait in the form of an ebook.
And in month 15 I would probably flip the business.

Method 2: I'm a LOL godlike player!

Step 1. Dedicate all my sparetime to be playing LOL (League of legends).
Step 2. Get really good.
Step 3. Drop outta school and go pro!...

The rest of the methods must unfortunately wait as the clock is currently 6 here.

QuantumLeap

New Contributor
Dec 25, 2018
Okay let's continue with the methods:
The Danish Joint manufacturing company:
Now I will only recommend you do this if you're in a jurisdiction with legal weed (Canada, Colorado, Washington, the Netherlands, Uruguay.)

But the process is super simple:

Step 1: Learn to roast tobacco (this is a danish thing we do this to all our tobacco before we mix it with weed here)
Step 2: spend maybe $1500 on weed, $750 on cones and $750 on smokes.
Step 3: roast all the smokes
Step 4: mix the weed with the tobacco and fill the cones.
Step 5: Find some shops who sells weed and offer them your joints.
Step 5.5: Invest all the profits from the first batch in more weed, more smokes and more cones.
Step 6: rinse and repeat.

And now I will go make a joint so I will keep this thread posted later.

BBarakti

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
May 10, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Okay let's continue with the methods:
The Danish Joint manufacturing company:
Now I will only recommend you do this if you're in a jurisdiction with legal weed (Canada, Colorado, Washington, the Netherlands, Uruguay.)

But the process is super simple:

Step 1: Learn to roast tobacco (this is a danish thing we do this to all our tobacco before we mix it with weed here)
Step 2: spend maybe $1500 on weed, $750 on cones and $750 on smokes.
Step 3: roast all the smokes
Step 4: mix the weed with the tobacco and fill the cones.
Step 5: Find some shops who sells weed and offer them your joints.
Step 5.5: Invest all the profits from the first batch in more weed, more smokes and more cones.
Step 6: rinse and repeat.

And now I will go make a joint so I will keep this thread posted later.
In the US cannabis industry, it is currently against the law to mix tobacco with cannabis, at least at the commercial level. Due to the federally illegal status of cannabis and numerous state legislation to make sure that canna companies don't step too much on the toes of a federally approved mega-crop, tobacco.

Also, getting a license to deal with cannabis is pretty difficult (and very expensive) in most places. If it's not difficult to get the license, it's difficult to be profitable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom